Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

Michael perched on the roof of a building. Being high-up in the Beetle suit was one thing, experiencing it naturally, he felt was more fulfilling. His legs dangled over the edge like a child as he enjoyed a bird’s eye view of New York. It was quiet and the breeze delicately brushed his hair. Michael needed time to digest his responsibility. The words of Masterson echoed in his head. Franklin can distort reality and bend it to his will, he thought. This task was beyond him. He stood with a lean posture and considered his options.

‘Power on,’ he said. The Beetle suit materialised and covered his body.

Franklin’s power is an extension of the sphere, he thought. Could he influence it to bring Langdon back to life? He lifted off the roof and began to hover. I don’t see why it shouldn’t work. He raced through the sky leaving a trail of light. His scanners were meticulously scanning the buildings and streets. Michael figured Franklin emitted the same cosmic energy the sphere did. But his scanners failed to detect the signal. Nonetheless they continued their tireless search.

‘C’mon where are you,’ he said skimming over buildings. He had already begun to attract unwanted civilian attention. ‘Switch to Stealth mode.’

People watched puzzled, as the Beetle armour disappeared into the sky. The suit beeped repetitively after detecting a signal of cosmic energy.

‘Alright,’ he said. He focused as the lenses increased magnification. Franklin was with two other boys. Both of them emitted the same energy. ‘They must Beyonders too. @#@# my life.’

Michael swooped down through an alley way, instantly powering down the moment he touched the ground. No one saw him. Good, he thought. He walked out and followed the boys, bumping and slipping through crowds. He grew frustrated as he thought. I’m not even sure I can take Franklin and I have to fight two more. Why didn’t Masterson say there would be three?

One of the boys glanced at Michael and tapped Franklin on the shoulder, whispering something as he did. Franklin looked back and decided to run, the two boys followed. Michael could see the fear in his eyes; he could tell whatever Hydra did to him, traumatised him greatly.

He began to chase them, pushing and shoving people out of the way. He ignored their curses but would regurgitate some back. One of the boys issued to Franklin to turn in an alley.

‘Now that’s just stupid,’ Michael said, cornering Franklin. ‘Let’s make this quick.’

‘Who—who are you?’

The boys beside him disappeared leaving Franklin alone.

‘What just happened?’

‘I said who are you?!’ Franklin’s eyes began to glow and a white light radiated from his hands.

Michael saw this and instinctually transformed without calling on the suit. His scanners were picking up high levels of cosmic energy. He had to think fast. He had to think smart.

‘I need your help,’ he screamed.

‘You’re with them aren’t you?’

Michael froze; his helmet hid the beads of sweat running down his face. He jerked sharply as he heard a boom from a distance.

‘What the hell was that?’ he said. He hovered out the alley way and saw a pillar of smoke and fire. He increased magnification and saw cars being thrown into the sky. He continued to magnify until he made out an object.

No Caption Provided

‘Rhino…listen kid—’ a beam of white light shot him into a building. Pieces of ceiling were collapsing on his head. ‘I said I don’t want to fight.’

‘Too bad,’ Franklin said as he focused on the ceiling, willing it to collapse, and it did. He turned and paused with fear as the metal behemoth came charging through the street. He tossed cars with his horn. Franklin fired a beam of light at the beast; the explosion sent him falling onto his back.

‘You just made him angry kid,’ Michael said lifting himself out the rubble.

‘What is that thing?’

‘That’s the Rhino. And he’s pissed.’

Rhino was immediately on his feet again. He grabbed a car, spun and threw it at Franklin.

‘Move kid,’ he screamed tackling him to the floor. He unleashed a barrage of energy at the beast. However, the beast didn’t flinch nor did he guard. He charged through the flying projectiles, each one bounced off his hide. Michael redirected his fire to the ground, hoping to make him fall.

‘C’mon c’mon!’

Franklin understood the plan and lifted his hand and willed the ground to cave in. The Rhino sunk into the ground.

‘I think we’re going to have to work together,’ Michael said.

‘We? We can’t do anything. We need the Hulk.’

‘Forget him I have a plan. I need you to draw his attention.’

‘Why?’

‘If I can get behind him I should be able to burn his hardware. Can you do it?’

‘Don’t let me die.’

‘I won’t.’

The ground began to shake. Rhino erupted directly beneath them, throwing them into the air with such force. Michael flew to Franklin’s aid, much to his surprise.

‘You can fly?’ he said.

‘I think I can do anything,’ he panted.

Michael flew over head and pelted Rhino with projectiles. The annoyed monster looked up and roared, failing to see a beam of light knocking him down.

‘Good, keep it up,’ Michael said switching to Stealth mode.

‘Where’d you go?’ Franklin said narrowly escaping the clutches of the monster.

Michael perched on Rhino’s back and summoned a yellow light from his palms. His hands vibrated and he placed them on the creatures back. He pressed hard and his hands began to sink into the armour. He continued pushing until his gauntlet gun was in. As Franklin distracted him, he fired repetitively until the armour blew in his face, sending him hurling. Rhino stood still as if life left his body, and collapsed onto his face.

Michael tried to get up but a force resisted him. He struggled and wrestled but to no avail. He rested his head on the ground and saw Franklin standing over him with glowing hands and eyes.

‘Now,’ he said. ‘Start talking.’

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@thespiritstalker: Some more exposition required, and that capitalization thing after a quote. Nice to see the Rhino charge in especially since they are allies in 616. And hey @guardiandevil83 check out da Beetle.