Ultimate Amalgam Master Thread

HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

Hey everybody!

So there have been a couple stabs at trying to make a shared Amalgam faniverses before, some of which got more traction than others. And I figured if there can be a multiverse of DC and Marvel to pull from, why not try explore a multiverse of different combinations again? So here we go, a new NEW Amalgam with the overarching name of Ultimate Amalgam Universe (or UAU). I'll be running this group, so post below if you want to call any combination of characters for a story you have imagined. Also going to post the first "issue" of the first UAU series, Card Cat, as soon as I post this.

"What are Amalgam Comics?"

For folks who had the common sense to not get into mid-1990s American superhero comics, Amalgam Comics was a fictional publisher of a universe shared by DC and Marvel that featured characters that were combinations of two or more characters from the two publishers. For example, Superman and Captain America were combined to create the new character, Super-Soldier. They published 24 comics in total, with a wide range of actual quality therein. For the most part, it was all just a silly idea that some of us have great affection for.

Here are a few simple rules:

1. No ACTUAL Amalgam characters should be used. Part of the idea is to come with your own original combinations, not to tell the continuing stories of Dark Claw and Spider-Boy.

2. Feel free to use ideas from the two previous CV groups. This is partially because certain combinations just make sense (I especially like the idea/name of Thunder Woman), and also to give people to run with concepts they saw or were writing in one of the previous groups. However...

3. There is no canon (yet). Neither of the other two CV Amalgam groups or the original Amalgam comics are considered to be canonical in the UAU. So even if you do decide to use Thunder Woman, previous stories or characters from those stories are considered abandoned and need not affect or inform your writing. As stories are published, they will be considered part of the new UAU canon, unless otherwise vetoed by a majority of the writers in this group. (That will be a process I'll decide upon once it becomes an issue, which I am hoping it won't be.)

4. Each DC and Marvel character can only be used once. I am going to keep a running list below of every DC and Marvel character currently claimed as part of an Amalgam. For this reason, the moment you conceptualize a character you want to use, please first check to see if they the DC and Marvel components are unclaimed. If they are open, then post in here about who you would like to claim, operating on a first come, first serve basis. You have to have pitched and claimed a series before you can claim a character. If necessary, we may create a Wikia to keep information straight.

5. Inform me when new stories have been posted so I can link them here. This can either be as part of this thread, in a PM or otherwise.

6. Have fun. As with all fan writing, the point is to enjoy yourself, engage with the material in a unique way and create something you'd like to read. Stressing out about it is not allowed.

7. Please claim only one title every two week please. That way we keep from someone claiming five books at all once and then not being able to do four of them. If you do a series for two weeks and feel like you can take on a second one (or third or fourth), then come back and post a claim in here. Until then,

Active Series

Card Cat by HubrisRanger

Finished Series

None

Character List
Marvel
Gambit/Remy LeBeau

Jean-Luc LeBeau

The Lizard/Curt Connors

Rogue

Shadowcat/Kitty Pryde

DC
Catwoman/Selina Kyle

Killer Croc/Waylon Jones

Oracle/Barbara Gordon

Ra's Al Ghul

Red Hood/Jason Todd

Of course if you have any questions please feel free to ask them. I will try to keep an eye on this thread and be as prompt as I can be.