To Overthrow the God of Death

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By _Sojourn_

Malice stood atop a cliff, bestowed with the colors of orange and browns, mixed with flecks of their burnt cousins. As she stood there, a smile, more devious than had ever become her face before this time now. Nearing the edge, she drew her sword alongside her, while her dragon, told to stay behind, watched intently. She turned her devilishly beautiful face to the side and said..."I'll be back soon Draak, go back to the kingdom and enjoy your fill." With that she stepped off the ledge, plummeting to her death. As she fell from the earths nose, a small trinket interwoven within her crimson red hair, flailed in the wind.  

Months Before... 
King Cobalt: You are not only the most powerful of them all, you are the only one that could do such a thing. You're sisters are too weak to even attempt something as bold as you are. 
Malice: I know this to be true. But, still as I read the Tombs of Realms, it says that I must posses the Amulet of Necroth himself in order to complete the task. As treacherous as the journey will be, it would all be fore not, if I did not have it. And since you destroyed Wonderland, there is no way I can get it. 
King Cobalt:  Ahh, my dear. You think I would have allowed something so precious, so power, be destroyed. You do not know me at all. He laughs evilly, and reaches inside of his broad purple and crimson armor, pulling out a small, seemingly insignificant trinket.  
Malice: How did I know you had it? She laughed along with her father.   

The Amulet of Necroth: It is a small necklace, with great power. The neckstone is composed of mystic gems fashioned by the Tunnel Goblins long before man knew how to speak. The stone colored black, signaling its dark origins. It has the ability to withdraw and transfer power, of anyone who bestows it upon the object of power, and places it near them. The reason it is so precious is because it is the only one of its kind, and will be destroyed once the transfer is done. No one knows why it was created, but as the legend goes, one would be able to take the powers of a god, and use them as if they were born when time started.  

Malice wakes up in almost complete darkness. In a realm of violet, dark wisp surround her, and bring her flat body to her feet. She snatches away from them, and the waft away, like smoke blown by the wind. She looks around her, seeing only a small black river, and a solid structure arching over her, much to what she expected of canyons. In the distance, a dark figure began to mosey along, through the narrow river mouth. Malice walked up to the edge of the water, and stepped in, but it burned her. Acid. She hissed, awaiting the boat. As it headed, the hand guiding the boat, waved to her, its silky motions, were in contrast with the flesh stripped bones of the hand. In front of her now, boarded the boat, and to her surprise, her weapon lye on one of the black wood seats carved with faces of deranged souls. "The master knows your true intentions. He would like to see you, and to speak to you. He says he has never encountered a soul as haunted and black as yours, except his own." The fairyman spoke out, in an archaic voice, it echoed throughout the chamber.  

As they floated along the stream, there was silence, except for the occasional yell of a damned spirit, aloft in the underworld. Suddenly, they stopped, and like in a book, they were met by the a gate, larger and more majestic than Malice had ever witnessed. She stepped out, and ordered the ferryman to stay there. He bowed his head complied.  

Malice walked up toward the gates, raising her sword above her head, clashing it down upon the metal, but it was to no avail. Not even a mark was made to either the sword or the gate. She continued to swing and stab but still no headway was made. The ground stared to rumbles, and she looked down, to see roots sprouting from the desolate dirt. The wrapped around her, almost mummifying her, dragging her through the gates, which turned into black smoke, allowing her to enter. Like night and day it was, she could see through the other side, where she had been dragged, and in this room, a throne stood upon high, with a figure, sitting in it. There were fire vases lining the circular interior of the walls, lighting the room to perfection.... 

"Such a beautiful face, and yet a soul as mutilated by hate and evil as I've ever seen." 

Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud

i like.
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By _Sojourn_

Awesome...Not done yet, but thanks 

Avatar image for malice_wonderland
Malice Wonderland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Malice Wonderland

Malice stood in silence for only a minute and then she spoke, proud of what she had accomplished. By possesing the Amulet of Necroth, and killing herself, her soul and physical form died at the same time, allowing her to take physical form in the Dark Realm of Necroth, also allowing her to keep her physical traits. However, it was unclear how much Necroth actually knew, and if so how hard would she have to fight. "You know why I am here..." She plunges Jo into the ground angrily, "Lets do it then" Malice begins to run toward the pillar that her new enemy sat upon. But was held in place by the roots that drug her in.  

"My dear...Why fight me, when you don't have to"? Her face contorted into a confused mess. What was he talking about? She was ready, able and willing to fight until she couldn't anymore. Even in death, she must solidify her reputation of never ever backing down. Necroth continued his words, as the roots propelled her body up to where he was at. "Your father, that vile thing, destroyed our realm, in effect rendering me useless. There has not yet been a soul that has come here since, and your arrival my only hope. Slowly I am becoming nothing but a memory, forgotten in a world asunder."  

She knew what he was saying now. And what her father had meant before this. King must have known that Necroth was wilting like a pathetic deity, and so he planted the idea that she was the only one that could absorb his power, dealing with her own natural ability to instill fear, and the body count that she'd possessed before her own death.  

She stepped onto his crumbling throne, and unlaced the Amulet from her hair. Necroths face remained unchanged. He willingly allowed her to place the Amulet from upon his own neck, and it began to glow. It emminated an ominous violet and indigo hue, for a moment before Malice, in all of her maliciousness, raised Jo into the air, and plunged it into his gut. "If you thought I would go without at least saying that I killed a god...Then you were sadly mistaken."  As the amulet gyrated and vibrated with the energy and power of a god, Malice laughed as black oozed out of his wound, and dripped from the pillar throne onto the floor. It gently placed itself back onto her neck, surrounding her body in an aura of black and indigo, before the hue contracted into her flesh, running through her soul, every last bit of her.  

Malice now, had the power of a god within her, and the amulet, as the legend dictated shattered into nothingness. She could feel it, like no other power, not even what Khorne had given her was close to this. She laughed manically, and used one of her newfound abilities. Dimensional travel. Stepping into the tear in reality, she came out, back at the ledge where she had jumped. Facing Draak, she smiled and said "I told you I would be back soon" The dragon sensed a change in his master, and for the first time, he attacked her. Opening his mouth he fired a plume of flames, intense heat. As they lifted from her, she walked to him, raising her hand. She smacked the side of his reptilian face, causing him to crash to the ground, creating a crater.  

She was no longer the Queen of War, the Princess of the Cobalt kingdom. Malice had made a name for herself in those shoes, but now,s he was something much more than that. A goddess...of death no less. And she would have fun, figuring out what else these powers offered her.