Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By teabag

Check out my Thor 3 screenplay at

http://subtle-screenplays.blogspot.de/2014/06/thor-3-spec-script.html

and tell me what you think!

Logline:

(Sci Fi, Fantasy, Rated T) - After saving the nine realms, Thor stays on earth with astrophysicist Jane Foster who has gone into hiding together with Dr. Selvig, Darcy and Ian. Soon, an undercover S.H.I.E.L.D. spy shows up, gains their trust, and accompanies Thor and Jane to Greenland where Thor slays an astray frost beast and in doing so, unintentionally awakens an ancient menace. Will Thor manage once more to avert the impending destruction of the great World Tree or is Ragnarok upon the Gods at last? (120 pages)

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator

I think it sounds interesting. But I rather not read it because your story could be a "potential spoiler" for the upcoming Thor 3 movie. You may never know if that's true.

The second movie was good. But not that great. The first movie was better than the second one.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teabag: Why not just post it here?

teabag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: Hi. I think it's really safe to say you can read it without having to worry about spoilers. My story is unique and doesn't mirror the comic book story arcs. It will also not have anything in common with Marvel's Thor 3, I'm (unfortunately) sure -- for several reasons: Up until now, they kept the physics part at a minimum, i.e. it's almost non-existent. I do also not heed their "tell stories in real time in a parallel Marvel Cinematic Universe" policy; this is, to my mind, very restrictive and, regarding the credibility of the character developments not only disadvantageous but disastrous (what do you think happens when you don't call your girl-friend in two years -- god or no? EXACTLY!)! Also, the usually considered villains for Thor 3 do not appear. And then there are the subtle references to the myths for the interested/knowing. It's just me, from A to Z. ;-)

Regarding your comments on the other two movies, I agree: Liked one, liked two, but the second one got me so annoyed w.r.t. the storyline, the villain and Jane that I wrote the screenplay.

Well, I hope someone is brave enough to read it sometime -- got no comments on the blog so far... :-(

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Impersonator

@teabag said:

@the_impersonator: Hi. I think it's really safe to say you can read it without having to worry about spoilers. My story is unique and doesn't mirror the comic book story arcs. It will also not have anything in common with Marvel's Thor 3, I'm (unfortunately) sure -- for several reasons: Up until now, they kept the physics part at a minimum, i.e. it's almost non-existent. I do also not heed their "tell stories in real time in a parallel Marvel Cinematic Universe" policy; this is, to my mind, very restrictive and, regarding the credibility of the character developments not only disadvantageous but disastrous (what do you think happens when you don't call your girl-friend in two years -- god or no? EXACTLY!)! Also, the usually considered villains for Thor 3 do not appear. And then there are the subtle references to the myths for the interested/knowing. It's just me, from A to Z. ;-)

Regarding your comments on the other two movies, I agree: Liked one, liked two, but the second one got me so annoyed w.r.t. the storyline, the villain and Jane that I wrote the screenplay.

Well, I hope someone is brave enough to read it sometime -- got no comments on the blog so far... :-(

Hmmm. Maybe, you're right. I guess it wouldn't hurt to read one based on the current Marvel Cinematic Universe. We all have imaginations not intending them to become spoilers. I will check it out for sure. Personally, I love Thor. When I first started watching the first movie, I thought he was an actual god based on the Norse myth. But I heard some news regarding Thor being depicted as an alien. I was like what? Really? Then I realized oh yeah it makes sense. Because they're like aliens from the Stargate Universe whom in the past people thought they were gods.

If you want more comments, you could post your Thor 3 fic here. But I think I can see why because your fiction has like 120 pages. That sounds a lot. Anyways, I'll take a look at it.

teabag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teabag said:

Hmmm. Maybe, you're right. I guess it wouldn't hurt to read one based on the current Marvel Cinematic Universe. We all have imaginations not intending them to become spoilers. I will check it out for sure. Personally, I love Thor. When I first started watching the first movie, I thought he was an actual god based on the Norse myth. But I heard some news regarding Thor being depicted as an alien. I was like what? Really? Then I realized oh yeah it makes sense. Because they're like aliens from the Stargate Universe whom in the past people thought they were gods.

If you want more comments, you could post your Thor 3 fic here. But I think I can see why because your fiction has like 120 pages. That sounds a lot. Anyways, I'll take a look at it.

Well, yes, they're aliens, but of course, I could not resist to flirt a little with the notion of the gods. ;-)

I actually would post the pdf file here, haven't yet figured out how, though (if you know, please tell me!) since the "insert image" won't do here... I also didn't manage to properly post the weblink in the original post for some reason (it's Boromir)..?

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The Impersonator

@teabag said:
@the_impersonator said:

@teabag said:

Well, yes, they're aliens, but of course, I could not resist to flirt a little with the notion of the gods. ;-)

I actually would post the pdf file here, haven't yet figured out how, though (if you know, please tell me!) since the "insert image" won't do here... I also didn't manage to properly post the weblink in the original post for some reason (it's Boromir)..?

Hmmm...I don't think you can insert a pdf file on Comicvine. Although, that would be awesome. For the weblink, you need to highlight the text like this.

http://subtle-screenplays.blogspot.de/2014/06/thor-3-spec-script.html- highlight.

highlight the link above and press link option.

No Caption Provided

When you highlight the link and click the link option, the link automatically appears in "Text to display" and "Or search for a link". Copy the link and paste in the URL. Hit Create link.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will check it out too. If it's great, you should try and shop it to Marvel Studios

teabag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By teabag

@the_impersonator: Okay, so I tried this again but it still doesn't work, and, looking at your screen shot, it's also clear why: For me, this "Add a Link" dialogue only contains the "Text to display" and the "Or search for a link" fields, but no "URL" field. So something must be buggy. :(

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teabag said:

@the_impersonator: Okay, so I tried this again but it still doesn't work, and, looking at your screen shot, it's also clear why: For me, this "Add a Link" dialogue only contains the "Text to display" and the "Or search for a link" fields, but no "URL" field. So something must be buggy. :(

Hmmm...That's weird. You should ask the bug reporting forum for help. They'll see what they can do. Try clicking the link option without highlighting the link text. I tried it and the URL field is still there. Try that. If the URL field still doesn't appear, report the problem.

teabag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Wish I knew how to get this to Marvel, but they don't read spec scripts as a matter of principle (also for legal reasons: I could sue them if they would happen to use similar ideas to mine and wouldn't pay me)... By putting a "Creative Commons" license on it and posting it on the internet, I effectively made it a gift to Marvel, if they'd ever stumble across it. Closest I got to getting their attention was to post on a screenwriting group in Google+ and mentioning Christopher Yost in it (via +ChristopherYost) who's been hired end of January to co-write Thor 3 with Craig Kyle. Naturally, there won't be any response, since Yost seems to never have written anything on Google+, so it's just contributing to the cosmic noise... And then, he actually can't be interested in a rivalling screenplay, haha.

So, the only way to Marvel is if you know someone at Marvel. If you do, go ahead and spread the word! ;-)

teabag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By teabag
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers