The Writers Guild Presents: 7/25/14

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By dngn4774

It's been awhile, huh guys? Well, here's a new issue for you all from the Writers Guild.

This week, we have @impurestcheese with the 14th issue of Patron Saint of Crime (continued from 6/27/14)

Patron Saint of Crime #14 - Exit Wounds

Ian Montague scanned the M14 EBR over the south side of the multi-story carpark with the rifle's thermal scope, before focusing on the two glowing heat signatures on the third floor. "Okay Psi I have you on scope, covering your ascent as best I can."

"Got it." Siwang grunted as she and Hector headed up stairs, the former carrying a hand bow while the later held an old police issue Glock and a portable scanner, the device counting down the distance to the guns the trio had been tracking. "Okay, keep an eye on the South side, we're about to head into the dark zone."

"Well make sure you keep talking'" Montague ordered, "this is how massacres happen. I don't have to tell you that our 'Bonny and Clyde' are dangerous." He added as the IR blips were smothered out by the concrete of the parking structure. Heading down the line of parked cars, Hector put out a hand to stop Siwang from advancing, pointing to a parked transit van he wagged his finger at the back of the vehicle. Nodding Siwang sunk to the back of the van as Hector took up position behind a concrete partition, pistol ready for action.

With a deep breath she wrenched the doors open to reveal a pair of cameras resting on top of a set of fuel drums. Almost immediately Siwang reacted leaping away from the van and hitting the dirt as the bomb detonated, shrapnel and cinders flying everywhere. Seconds later they were joined by gunfire, as the ambushers opened fire from the floor above.

"Well at least we found them." Hector stated as he returned fire. "Still it's a little futile, they have the high ground."

"Not for long!" Siwang stated. "Get ready to run for the ramp." She added as she holstered her hand bow and removed a single shot grenade launcher. Counting down on her fingers Siwang fired the round up to where the attackers were, thick grey smoke filling the area. Not wasting any time Hector ran for the up ramp with Siwang in hot pursuit, bullets streaking past them.

"Well that shows us they have thermal-penetrating technology." Hector yelled. "We have a seven second window as they reposition to get us back in line of sight."

"We're outgunned!" Siwang stated. "At least on this side of the building. We go down and head..." Before she could finish one of the shooters opened fire again, the machine gun he carried keeping Hector and Siwang pinned behind cover.

"And we get there how?" Hector asked. "On your nine o'clock!!" He yelled as the second shooter dropped down to the floor below and swung her TAR-21 into a firing position. Not wasting any time Siwang fired the bolt from her bow, embedding in her attacker's ballistic vest. The unorthodox attack gave the criminal enough time to cover the gap and, tackle the shooter. Delivering a vicious blow to the face, Siwang saw her target push her back and remove a pair of hatchets. The helmet she had been wearing shed to reveal long blonde hair tied in a messy ponytail.

"So you're the target?" Sedova stated as Siwang dropped her bow and pulled a pair of wooden tactical tonfas. "You're shorter then I imagined."

"And you're pretty for a cold blooded killer." Siwang answered. "Why did Smithy have to die?"

"Ask Zimmerman," Sedova answered, as she stripped off her ballistic vest to reveal thick combat trousers and a hunting jacket over a cyan tank-top. "He has unfinished matters with you, something about putting him in a coma, but as you can see he is busy, so for now we will fight like civilised people until the rabble have finished being vulgar and obtuse."

The sound of gunfire had stopped. Hector thought that the ammo belt on the SS-77 must have been depleted. Taking a risk he stuck his head round the corner and instantly dropped to the floor as a sledgehammer slammed into the car-park wall. Moving to get back on his feet Hector was a fraction too slow, with the hammer crushing down into his back followed by a kick to the face.

"Now I have no problem with you boy." Zimmerman announced as he looked over to where Siwang had blocked a hatchet strike with her Tonga before spinning away from the follow up swipe. "Well none, save that you're a criminal and I'm being paid to be a one man crusade against crime."

"Bite me you idiot!!" Hector grunted. "You're comparing yourself to the Crusader!! Even dead--he was a better man then you!"

"Then answer me this; why did he ask me to kill Weston earlier today?" Zimmerman asked as he stomped on Hector's hand before kicking the Glock away, "Muse on that while I get my revenge." He added as he charged towards where Sedova and Siwang were fighting.

Slash after slash, block after block Siwang felt Sedova beginning to overload her defences. As strong as she was, her opponent was more muscular and both combatants knew it. Disengaging from the fight, Siwang slammed into Zimmerman, only to be smacked in the back with the haft of the hammer, the blow sending her staggering.

"There are no shadows for you to hide in here." Zimmermann grunted as Siwang attempted a leg sweep on Sedova only for her opponent to spring out of range. "And none of your arrow tricks either." He added as sirens sounded in the distance. "Now stay still so we can end...gah!!" Before he could finish a shot rang out, the bullet biting into Zimmerman's boot.

"Back away from her!" Hector groaned as he pointed his reclaimed Glock at the bounty-hunters. Taking the advantage Siwang moved away from the pair and grabbed her hand-bow, knocking a bolt she watched as Sedova and Zimmerman glance at each other before smirking.

"What's so funny?" Siwang asked before the sound of an engine got louder. Turning, Siwang and Hector saw a pickup truck come barreling towards them, causing the pair to scatter. Seconds later the slamming of doors and screeching of tires sounded as Sedova and Zimmerman made their escape.

"At least we know who we are dealing with." Hector moaned. "We'll get them next time."

"Guys, this time isn't over yet." Montague announced over the team's headset. "Now get out of there now!!"

As always, please remember to read, enjoy, and comment. See you next time Viners!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By dngn4774
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers