The Tick and Arthur in......What If? Part 2

Captain Tick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Captain Tick

"SPOON!" The Tick bellowed his famous battlecry as he loomed ever so closely to his target, Mysterio who looked up at what he thought was falling blue meteor and indeed The Tick looked as though he was one, falling at such a speed that a trail of fire emblazed from his buttocks. 

"Oh this can't be good-"Mysterio could barely finish before Arthur snapped out of his state of shock and seized the opportune moment and made a dive for his distracted opponent with a bowl for a head. The two crashed to the ground in a tangled mess as Mysterio tried to get a good aim at Arthur while the latter was trying everything he could to avoid a shot in the face.  

"Get your bunny ears off my helmet-I can barely see!" Mysterio yelled, no screamed was to be more precise, his mechanical voice reaching a high pitch. Arthur responded with an equally high pitch cry of his own. 

"Those are moth ears! Moth ears! For the last time, this is a moth suit!"  

The ground trembled as The Tick crashed buttocks first into the ground, kicking up a thick cloud of dust and smoke. He emerged, blue arms first, from the deep crevice he had formed and climbed onto his feet and swayed groggily from side to side. His right feeler pointed to the sky while the left was to the ground, almost as though they were doing some seventies dance.  

"Space sure was fun and I can safely assure you, there is no lifeform on Mars." He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "I wonder though, why does it take men in space suits years to reach Mars?" With a punch to the front of Mysterio's bowl like helmet, Arthur made a grab for his gun in an attempt to wrench it from his vice like grip. In the scuffle, the gun went off, who pulled the trigger there was no way to tell for sure as either one of them could have in an attempt to the get the upperhand. But the trigger had been pulled and the bright glittery beam of rainbow coloured laser was headed straight for The Tick.  

"Tick-watch out!" Arthur sreamed with one arm dramatically extended towards him before his face brightened. "Oh wait-right, you are invulnerable!" The Tick cocked his head in the direction of his sidekick's cry and caught a glimpse of the multi-coloured beam heading straight for him.  

"I like rainbows-" was all he could say before the beam struck him with the force of speeding sixty tonne monster truck and he flew backwards right for the the front doors of the Science Centre. Anything that could even make The Tick stagger was a force to be reckoned with. That beam however was no ordinarly beam indeed, it was designed to only be disintergrated along with its target and since The Tick was invulnerable, it merely deflected off him and was now headed towards the city district. 

The sky was dark, not a star in sight except for the bright star beside twenty seven year old Michael. The star had a name and she was Rebecca who, if everything went according to his plan, would say two of the loveliest words any dating man would love to hear. They had been walking for a long time, he looked down at his watch and sighed not with boredom but nervousness. It had only been ten minutes but it felt like an hour. The precious object in his right pocket grew increasingly heavy but it was funny how he felt its weight in his heart instead.  

"You have been doing that-looking at your watch the whole evening." Rebecca said, one hand tightly and lovingly intertwined with his and the other stroking her beautiful red hair back behind her ears. "Is there something you are in a hurry to do?" she asked. Time could wait no longer and neither could Michael as he released her hand and took a couple of steps back from her. 

"Oh" was all she managed as he got down on one knee and pulled out a ring from his right pocket, his hands shaking with both nervousness and excitement. Just then the sky was lit up as a streak of glittery rainbow shot across the otherwise blank black sky. She looked up at the beautiful sight and her heart melted and was moved to such an extent that she rushed forwards and hugged him with such a force that they were both on the ground. 

Back at the Science Centre, the sight was anything but beautiful. The ray gun flew from Mysterio's grasp and skidded, with a high metallic screech, a few feet away. He made a dive for it and was intercepted midway by Arthur who launched himself into him. The Tick having been blasted by the laser flew through the front doors of the Science Centre, smashing through the multi layered bulletproof glass as if it was made of lego. He climbed back onto his feet, the second time in this heated night battle, and turned just in time to see a green lizard like creature in a torn labcoat made a reach for a bottle of mineral water on the information counter.  

"Get your own mineral water you green fiend!" The Tick made a grab for the Lizard's tail. 

"Amost got-uh oh." The Lizard said as The Tick yanked hard on his tail and began spinning him around as he spun his own two feet. In a desperate manoeuvre, he shot out his long tongue dripping wet with saliva and wrapped it around the bottle before pulling it into his mouth and he swallowed down the bottle, cap and all.  

"See you." The Lizard said as he detached his tail from his body and the sudden difference in weight sent The Tick falling back onto his back. The Lizard, missing a tail, darted across the hall to the smashed down doors, his reptilian feet pattering across the marble floor.

"Activate the portal, Mysterio.' Lizard said, no ordered as he came back out into the open. Mysterio pressed a button on his utility belt, a split second before Arthur punched it and the belt crackled with electricity and the sky above them opened. 

"No you idiot!" Mysterio desperately pressed the button on his belt. "You damaged it!" he shouted as the entire Science Centre and the portion of ground it was on was ripped out of its place and they were sucked like dust into the hole in the sky. 

To be continued.... 

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

This story is quite strange, but also quite awesome. Can't wait to see part 3.

Captain Tick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Captain Tick
@Decoy Elite:
Thanks =) i am actually looking into writing my first superhero fiction story so this fan fic board is really a great place for me to experiment with different stories. I own nothing about the characters of course haha.