Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Edited By Mercy_

Boston 12:30 AM

The night air was chilled on her skin, the smell of the sea drifting in the wind. Halle had somehow made her way back to Boston, back to her favorite city in the world. She looks over her shoulder as she walks into a pub. The door opens and several sets of eyes go straight to her. Her outfit is inconspicuous, as always. A pair of supple leather boots, snug jeans, a band t-shirt and a loose leather jacket. There were weapons hidden all over her body. Wrist sheaths for daggers. A back of the pants holster for her gun. A second gun hidden in a boot and yet more knives in the other boot. This was Halle O'Rourke and she never went anywhere unarmed.

They lose interest as she walks in, a nonchalant air about her. She looks like some of the other women in the bar, a girl tired after her day of shopping. She intentionally gives off an innocent feel. The last thing she wants is people taking note of her, of people remembering her and being able to describe her at a later point in time. A minute later a barmaid comes over to her, a bottle of beer in her hand, the Green Monster brew, her personal favorite and a hit amongst locals. "Courtesy of Gregory." She says as she gestures to a man across the bar, watching her as he languidly sipped his own drink. Already she had been noticed, that was most unfortunate.

"Give him my thanks." She picks the bottle up and twists the top off as she brings it up to her lips, pretending to take a sip. No alcohol for her, not out in public. Nothing that dulled the senses or altered awareness of her surroundings. That couldn't be afforded. The bell over the door bings as somebody else walks in. Somebody who looks out of place. Her eyes are immediately drawn to him and a scowl crosses her face as she makes him. It was Trey Calhoun, the agent who had been chasing her specifically for the past sixth months and her former handler. They'd been trying to bring her in for three years, ever since she'd gone off-mission.

Placing her bottle down on the table, she quietly gets up, knowing that he'll follow her. Following the signs, she makes her way back to the women's restroom, her boots padding softly on the hardwood floor as she goes. As expected, he follows several seconds after. Pushing open the door that leads to the women's restroom and stalls, she walks over to the side. It was clean, the smell of antiseptic in the air. Looking at the line of mirrors she does a quick check for feet to make sure nobody was there. The black tiled floor was clean, the green of the walls relatively unmarred. The sinks all had individual little soap dispensers, a homey touch showing that somebody tried to make the place inviting. Her back was against the wall and out of the line of sight of whoever would walk in next, she waits, knowing that he would come. The door opens and she waits to make sure it's a man's footsteps before launching into action. The second she has confirmation, she launches into action.

Slamming him up against the wall, she holds her arm up to his throat, cutting off his air. "Sixth months and this is the best you've got? Did you really think that I didn't lead you here? That I didn't know you were behind me the whole time?"

He smiles, his hands gently grasping her arm. "Can't...can't breathe."

"Good." Her purple eyes light up with anger, the words nearly a growl.

"Well. If you like it rough, I'll be sure to oblige." And with that he grabs her arm, turns her around and slams her against the tile wall. Leveraging against her with his right arm and the weight of his entire body, he reaches behind him to grab the cuffs that were hooked onto his belt.

She took his moment of slight distraction and used it to her advantage. Wrenching her arm out of his grasp, she slams her right elbow into his jaw, knocking him for a loop. Spinning away from the wall, she turns to face him. With an upward lunge, the top of her head connects with his jaw, knocking him even more out of sorts. She follows him as he falls backward down onto the floor, turning him onto his stomach. She yanks his right arm behind his back as she settles on his lower back, her knees on the ground on either side of him. Slipping a knife from her wrist sheath, she holds the edge of it to his carotid artery. "You were my handler for three years. I loved you. I like to think that you loved me back, that it wasn't all some damn charade. That love I once had for you, it's why I won't kill you. But rest assured with the knowledge that if you ever try to bring me in again, I will end your life and I will take down every support agent that you're stupid enough to bring with you." Applying just enough pressure to break the skin, she makes her point. "Am I making myself clear?"

"Crystal." He sputters the word, his voice hoarse.

"Good." Leaning down she whispers in his ear, almost in a lover-like fashion. "Let them all know that this is what happens when you excommunicate somebody who's more talented than anybody under their command and now angry to boot." She knew that her time was limited, that somebody was bound to have heard the commotion. So she delivers the coup de gras and slams his head against the tile floor, effectively knocking him out. Looking down to her leather jacket she pulls at the edge of it, tearing the seam of the shoulder. Next she runs her hands through her hair, making it appear even more disheveled. Quickly, she un-clips Trey's credentials and slips them into the back pocket of her jeans. In the next minute, the door opens to the sight of her sitting on the floor, appearing much worse for the wear. A line of tears slips down her cheeks as she looks up at the man who opens the door.

"Is everything okay in here, miss? What happened? Did this bastard...are you okay?" He appears quite worried, truly concerned as he comes into the bathroom, a look of fury in his eyes.

"I'm fine." She intentionally causes her voice to tremble. "I can take care of myself, it seems. I just...I need to go. I can't be here anymore." She slips an elastic off her wrist and pulls her hair back into a low ponytail. Walking quickly out the door, she makes her way out of the pub and onto the cobbled stone streets of the city, her breath fogging in the air. She pulls the credentials out of her back pocket and flips them open, staring nostalgically at the photo of the man she had loved so much.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By tonis

@The Dark Huntress: damn girl, I had no idea you were hiding this talent off in the fan fic section. I'm glad the Genesis project instigated me to add these to the favs :)

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mercy_

@tonis: Points to RPG forum where she's a top poster ;)

Thank you, very much :D

And I think this may actually be my first fan-fic O_o

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

I love your writing. You give just the perfect about of descriptive detail, and your great with word selection. Halle is awesome! 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mercy_

@SC: Thanks. This was a bit of a switch for me. I don't usually write in present tense, wasn't sure it flowed as well.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123

LOVE IT!

Especially the cover story at the end! That was genius! :D

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Shadow_Thief

This is very impressive.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

holy crap, you fan fic?

have i got a deal for you

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mercy_

@InnerVenom123 said:

LOVE IT!

THANK YOU. ILY <3

And holy crap, you're a top poster in this forum, congrats!

@Shadow_Thief: High praise coming from a master of prose, thank you.

@Avenging-X-Bolt: It's kind of a one-shot thing for me.

But what's the deal, I'm intrigued now.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123

@The Dark Huntress: ILY2

O_____________________O HOLY CRAP

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mercy_

@InnerVenom123: O_o you hadn't noticed?

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@The Dark Huntress said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

LOVE IT!

THANK YOU. ILY <3

And holy crap, you're a top poster in this forum, congrats!

@Shadow_Thief: High praise coming from a master of prose, thank you.

@Avenging-X-Bolt: It's kind of a one-shot thing for me.

But what's the deal, I'm intrigued now.

well its not really a deal so much as an invitation to Marvel/DC Genesis. Im not actually sure if very many people outside of those of us actually working on it know what it is but its a hell of a lot of fun. Fade's writing the MG version of Fantastic Four and we collaborate for X-Men. we could definitely use some one with your talent and notoriety.

here are links for a couple of the stories, if your interested gimme a holler and i'll hook you up

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/fadetoblackbolt/marvel-genesis-x-men-1/87-72819/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-genesis-center/624233/

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By InnerVenom123

@The Dark Huntress: o_o No.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By Project_Worm

I LOVED THIS!!!!!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mercy_

@Project_Worm: Thank ya.

@Avenging-X-Bolt: O_O I'm definitely checking these out tomorrow.

@InnerVenom123: You're welcome ;p

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Project_Worm: Thank ya.

@Avenging-X-Bolt: O_O I'm definitely checking these out tomorrow.

@InnerVenom123: You're welcome ;p

: D

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By TypingKira

You are never allowed to go back to the RPG section. You are ours now >:3

I love your writing. I love this story so far, it's really exciting. I do kind of feel like it's a little bit too . . . candid? Like she's being too open about how she used to feel about him. It just seemed a little out of place to me.

I loved loved loved the action scene, I'm a sucker for a gal that can handle her own.

All in all -- why did it end?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By InnerVenom123

@The Dark Huntress: :D <3

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Project_Worm
@TypingKira said:

Hahah Super Agree!!
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mercy_

@InnerVenom123: <333

@TypingKira said:

I love your writing. I love this story so far, it's really exciting. I do kind of feel like it's a little bit too . . . candid? Like she's being too open about how she used to feel about him. It just seemed a little out of place to me.

I loved loved loved the action scene, I'm a sucker for a gal that can handle her own.

All in all -- why did it end?

<___<

Trademark of my characters is that they have the tendency to be a bit emotional, that also shines through in my writing, IMO. In this case, it was her closure. Telling him that yes she had loved him at one point in time, that she no longer did and that she had no compunction about threatening his life.

As am I xD

The relationship between the two of them or the fan-fic itself?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By InnerVenom123

@The Dark Huntress: Now, it's time to assimilate into the fan-fic forum. :3 ASSIMILATE.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mercy_

@InnerVenom123 said:

@The Dark Huntress: Now, it's time to assimilate into the fan-fic forum. :3 ASSIMILATE.

PEER PRESSURE

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By InnerVenom123

@The Dark Huntress said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

PEER PRESSURE

<3 :DDD DO ITTTTT

sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sentryssj4

I like coming back and seeing 

INCREDIBLENESS!!!!!

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TypingKira

@InnerVenom123 said:

lkafjiajsfkldsajfkldjasfkldahjflkdj YES.

@The Dark Huntress: The fanfic ;}

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mercy_

@InnerVenom123 said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

PEER PRESSURE

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

@sentryssj4: :O thanks!

@TypingKira: I reached a stopping point and didn't want to draw it out too far. Also not quite sure where I'm going with it. Created the character and her basic history a few days ago and am literally just making sh!t up as I go along.

O_O I kinda want to write a book with her now.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By InnerVenom123

@The Dark Huntress: :3 You know you want to.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TypingKira

@The Dark Huntress: Well, see, hun, that's a problem for me because i didn't want to get to the end, and when that chapter ended, so began the dark waiting period of my life until the next one comes out. . . so please update soon?

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TypingKira

@The Dark Huntress: OMG, write it nao!

Lol, I just finished mine so I'm gonna make everyone write novels xD

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mercy_

@InnerVenom123: Maybe a little...I'm trying to cut down on my Vine RPGs, so maaaaaaaaaaybe.

@TypingKira: Well...I can't disappoint you now, can I?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mercy_

@TypingKira: I WANNA READ IT!

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TypingKira

@The Dark Huntress: I've posted little bits and pieces of it on Tumblr? I would add "if you're interested' at the end, but that would be cruel since you used all caps ;}

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By InnerVenom123

@The Dark Huntress: :3

LightBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By LightBright

Dude, this is awesome! PLEASE write more because I need something to read other than course readings and textbooks. D:

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CapFanboy

This was awesome!

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Very nice, DH. I really liked that you wrote the story in present tense, makes action scenes far more exciting. I would hazard a guess that that's a bit of the RPG experience coming through? Speaking of the action scene, it was superbly done, and you have a definite talent for description (both for environment and scene).

All in all, great start to your fan-fic writing ^__^ I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. 

Is Halle the sister of Cassidy? (Just a question so that you know I'm paying attention :P)

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mercy_

@LightBright said:

Dude, this is awesome! PLEASE write more because I need something to read other than course readings and textbooks. D:

<___< I may just have to.

@CapFanboy: Thank you!

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Very nice, DH. I really liked that you wrote the story in present tense, makes action scenes far more exciting. I would hazard a guess that that's a bit of the RPG experience coming through? Speaking of the action scene, it was superbly done, and you have a definite talent for description (both for environment and scene). All in all, great start to your fan-fic writing ^__^ I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Is Halle the sister of Cassidy? (Just a question so that you know I'm paying attention :P)

Thanks! That was new for me, didn't even realize I'd done it until I finished, but I kind of love the way that it flows. Surprisingly enough, RPGs are usually written in past-tense. I honestly have no idea where it came from.

Thank you, once again. I started off writing a lot of emotionally-driven stuff (and IMO that still shows through), but I've definitely amped up the physical description.

Errrrrr. There's not really any relation to her in that way. Halle is kind of vaguely based off of Cass with the history twisted a lot. Mostly, it was just me being lazy and not wanting to think of another name. But in the most general sense of the term, no, there's not a relation between the two of them.

Miss Menace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By Miss Menace

AMAZING RPG QUEEN>

DomDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By DomDom

Really great work here! 
Love this girl-power of Halle! 
Super awesome! =)
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#39  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@The Dark Huntress said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

PEER PRESSURE

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

@sentryssj4: :O thanks!

@TypingKira: I reached a stopping point and didn't want to draw it out too far. Also not quite sure where I'm going with it. Created the character and her basic history a few days ago and am literally just making sh!t up as I go along.

O_O I kinda want to write a book with her now.

This was pretty amazing, you should totally do a follow up.

Lol that's how I write most of my Fan Fics, I'll have some vague plot points in my head but basically just star writing and see if it leads to something good.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#40  Edited By The Impersonator

@The Dark Huntress: Great chapter!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mercy_

Thanks peeps :)

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#42  Edited By RazzaTazz

Cool stuff, will you be joining the Genesis project (for Marvel or DC)?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mercy_

@RazzaTazz: If I have the time to commit to it, yeah. And thank you :)

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Mercy_

Thinking of doing another of these if there's interest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

This is quite good. I'd love to see more