The Super Fish (Prelude)

kdxj5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is the story of a fish named Lohnny Bass who lives in the Pacific Ocean. Who he and his friends becomes endowed with fantastic powers after an experiment goes wrong...

"Dr. Mackriel! Dr. Mackriel! Wait!!!! You forgot your data sheets! A panting George Yellowfin bellows. "The live exercise begins in 30 minutes."

"Ah, yes! Very well Mr. Yellowfin. You really can't consider yourself a scientist without data don't you suppose?" A proud Dr. Mackriel grins.

"I would say so. Data essentially runs the world. Without it we would still be stuck in precambrian times." Mr. Yellowfin mentions.

"Very true. Data is especially important for this exercise. After all this is the invention that will truly take ocean dwellers into the 21st century. Inquires Dr. Mackriel.

"Imagine! A device that can restore ocean life! No more barren seascapes, no more food shortages. Our ocean's cities will rival that of ancient Atlantis! It starts right here in Shell City."

"Don't you fear of this device going into the wrong hands?" Mr. Yellowfin rebuffs. "Do you know the power someone could have with this device?"

" I assure you Mr. Yellowfin, the Omega Beam is in good hands." Dr. Mackriel pleaded. "The Omega Beam is under strict watch 24/7 by our government. Not a spec of dust will befall the Omega Beam without notice."

Mr. Yellowfin gives a slow nod.

"Dr. Mackriel! The exercise is ready to begin, your watch chamber is ready." A GillTech security guard barks. "Right this way sir!"

"Prepare to be amazed Mr. Yellowfin!" Says Dr. Mackriel with a wide smile on his matured face.

All of the employees of GillTech assemble in the bubble to watch the live exercise of the Omega Beam. Anticipation runs high. A steady calm flows over the arena.The Omega Beam has only been tested in theory. Whispers abound that this machine is nothing but a pipe dream. A machine that can create life? Impossible!

"Were just about to begin Dr. Mackriel." Says a GillTech engineer.

"Good, everybody take your stations!" Exclaims Dr.Mackriel.

Dr. Mackriel steadily aims the Omega Beam at a blob of protozoan from a safe distance. He initiates the countdown.

"We go live in 3...2...1..."

The Omega Beam machine twists and turns, rapidly firing on all its cylinders. The machine roars with energy. A bright blue beam blasts from the machines firing chamber. The beam lifts the protozoan in mid air, twisting and turning its contents. Transforming its atoms. The blob grows brighter and brighter with light energy, completely filling the arena with a blinding light. A power outtage occurs, the machine whistles down to a stop. The room fills with silence.

As the light dies down, an omnious glow surrounds the test subject. The on lookers gaze at the finished product both in fear as well in shock.

"Great Neptune, it actually worked!" Says Dr. Mackriel in utter disbelief.

What was once lifeless protozoan transformed into living coral!

Silence turned to whispering which turned into clapping and cheering!

"Unbelievable Dr. Mackriel!" An excited Mr. Yellowfin proclaims. "The Omega Beam machine...it...it...worked! It actually worked!"

"Amazing Dr. Mackriel I didn't think it would actually work!" Says Dr. Sunny as she shakes her head in disbelief. "And all these years I thought you were insane!"

" I was beginning to think the same Dr. Sunny!" Joked Dr. Mackriel. "Im still amazed by the results my self. The only thing we have to do now is notify the public. I think we should have a public demonstration."

"A public demonstration?" Asks Dr. Sunny. "But Dr. Mackriel we still dont know about the conditions of the test subject, or the stability of the machine..."

"Non-sense Dr. Sunny." Quips Dr. Mackriel. "We just have to get the Omega Beam machine into the public eye. Our public relations with the people will be off the charts. GillTech will finally get the respect it deserves as a reputable corporation. Notify the mayor to setup a press release as soon as possible, I want as many in attendance as possible."

"Right away Dr. mackriel! What about those highschool students you were supposed to give a tour of GillTech to." "Do you want me to cancel the meeting?"

"On the contrary Dr. Sunny I want them to have front row seats to the event. This Lohnny and his friends seem like a bright bunch. This would be so much more thriller than a boring tour guide dont you suppose?"

"After all I'm sure they will want to witness something that could potentially change their lives forever..."

To Be Continued...

kdxj5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, this is my first fan-fic I have ever written so sorry if its amateurish. Im really exciting to start this project. Ive wanted to do this for a VERY long time. Im glad I get to share with you all. If you have any ideas for my story I would gladly consider them.