The Shadow of Cobra 'Prologue'

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

Here's some sort of a fan-fic story line for you guys. This was a battle scenario at first, but someone told me I should put it up on the Fan-Fic Forums as well, so I decided to slap on a title real quick and post it up! I've made a few stories of my own already, but its part of my RPG Character and have also been given the advice to post the stories up here as well. However, these are all in their prologue stages and will be expanding on the stories when I'm not so clustered. This is probably my first fan-fic post ever, so please take it easy on me, lol. Although, I'm open to ANY feedback and advice on the writing style of "fan-fic". Hope you enjoy!

Prologue

Storm Shadow is assigned by Cobra to assassinate Shang Chi and was told to wait until nightfall to carry out the mission. As the sun set behind the buildings, Storm Shadow gets in position so that he could get a perfect shot on Shang Chi and not be seen. Time passes by while on a rooftop in coordinates for a clear shot. Later that night, when the moon lit the brightest throughout the dark skies, his target appears. He gets on one knee, steady aiming directly towards his target's head. With Shang Chi's back facing Storm Shadow, he pulls the bowstring back with maximum tension. A drop of sweat comes flowing down his face as he releases the grip. The snappy arrow goes driving through the air like a frail torpedo. In a split second, Shang Chi maneuvers his head as the arrow zips pass his earlobe, missing him by a hair. Knowing the attack came from behind, he turns around and scans all over the area, but sees nothing. However, he senses a presence around him and stands his ground, listening closely to his surroundings. He could sense anything, and right now he senses danger. As Shang Chi stands completely still, Storm Shadow withdraws his two katanas from the darkness and leaps into mid-air, hovering down over Shang Chi with the sharpened steel pointing to his head. In a fast reaction, Shang Chi raises his arms above his head, blocking the strike of Storm Shadow's with his metal bracelets. This, however, broke the bracelets and freed his wrists. Storm Shadow, in complete confusion, confronts Shang Chi and asks him how he was able to not only dodge his accurate precision and swift arrow, but also deflect his blow from the katanas. Shang then replies with an undaunting tone, "First, I heard something that sounded like a raindrop...and apparently there are no clouds in sky. Then I heard the tension of your bowstring snap back sounding like a musical instrument; which kept me alerted, giving me enhanced senses to focus on the sharp wind behind me". Shang then goes on to say that while being in a complete trance to sight the assassin, he already had a feeling that it was him and not only sensed his next move but heard the scratchy metals of his katanas being disengaged from its saya. Storm Shadow then goes on to say with a confident voice, "Very skilled I could see. However, I still have to complete my mission and kill you..you know that right?! Your minutes are up in this timeline, and its time to meet your death... AHHHHH!!!"

Again, this is my first fan-fic write up I've ever done and hardly know the format on how to write fan-fic stories. However, this story does consist of silent assassins that fight in a very stealthy manner (as in the comics), and hardly make any conversation while trying to takedown their enemies. The stories are expressed more by the actions and emotions of the characters; meaning there's hardly any speech bubbles :P I have taken notice of The Poet's 'How To Write Fan-Fic', but I also like to stick to what I know and my style of writing instead of "copying". Although, it helped me a lot (when I first was interested in writing fan-fic couple months ago) I somehow forgot little pieces of information on the threads as I read the enter thing swiftly all at one time and not taking in all the tips/tricks). I'm open to any advice on how to make my stories in a more intense and "professional" fashion as I am only of high-school education (meaning I really don't know much of the advanced writing style, nor education). However, I've taken writing classes back in high school and do know how to write up stories. (top of my class, lol :P). Thanks again for taking the time to read my first fan-fic write up. Hope you enjoyed and please let me know how I can better my writing!

Here's the battle thread to the story if you wanna check it out:

Shang Chi Vs Storm Shadow Battle Discussion

And here's my character in the CVnU

Reef, heir to the throne of Idyll