The Sensational Blue Spider (Original Character Idea)

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Guardiandevil83

The Idea: This character has been bubbling to the surface for a while, but I could never get the time to sit down and flush him out. Inspired by a few things, like my love for Assassins, and Peter Parker and Ted Kord, which I know is an odd pairing. Since the publication of the Amalglam comics, I just always thought that these two guy's together would have been the perfect match.

Hell. I'm still waiting for the mini where Peter and Ted team-up. But I guess that will be a helluva wait. Anyway, Theodore Peter Machinama originally started as a amalglam character. He was going to be my avatar to navgate this world of weird, powerful beings, and I was ready to go!

But, like most ideas, this thing expanded into something more. I decided to up his age, but keep his finance's in place. The thing that remained imperative is that he remained happy and stable.

Why?

Because I wanted to stray away from the character with the tragic life and the dead family members. I wanted to do a story on the guy who loves his life. The dude, who, could if he so chose, sleep with a cover model. He is the Kingslayer at his peak and prime.

I just wanted to have fun. Now this here, not going to lie, was inspired in large amounts by a binge of TommyTheHitman's "Sharpshot" SpideyIvy's "Doomhound," and Liefields "Deadpool." As well as a bunch of other cool ish I've found throughout my nerdy life.

Basically I wanted to have my own guy interact with the guy's and girl's of my favorite comic universes. Fighting alongside or against the big dogs. Kicking butt and taking names, whilst spouting some killer one-liners.

The Universe:This is the one thing I have not actually finalized yet. It's cool when Kid Devil is interacting with Deadshot and Waller, and it's badass when Ossuary slugs it out with Thundra. But where will Blue Spider hang? It would be so easy to connect him with Spider-Man that it is insulting, and the DC universe would be cool too. But I'm thinking of putting him in the "Liefield and Larsen and Mcfarlene" Image-verse. Going covert with Youngblood Strikeforce, and taking contracts on Jason Wynn. This might just be the ticket. That way I can introduce him to the Tmnt.

Description: He is your basic Tech-Martial Artist type. Well trained, intelligent, bit of a Devil-May-Care attitude due to his status in life. He became an Assassin and Mercenary out of Boredom and a lust for adventure, so yes, Hunter Rose is a HUGE influence as well.

No Caption Provided

Now if you take the guy on the left and changed the suit to the darker blue with out the insect insignia, made the lenses red, and placed a smoke-grey, Bane-like mouth cover over his mouth opening, you would have my guy. My guy also wields one Katana to remain practical, spider-bangs, which are extremely loud smoke bombs which provide a duel attack on the senses. Nine-millimeter Barettas' (Two). Which he uses to kill or stun with regular and rubber munitions.

The Boots and Gloves would be black. The suit would be a blue liquid latex polymer. His cowl has camera's relay images to his lenses, which has vision on multiple spectrum's, such as night and thermal. His cowl also has spy-cameras in the rear providing Ted with damn near 360 degrees of visuals.

This is where his Parents money is going.

Their both alive, but you know, does not mean they can't share the wealth. Ted is cocky, arrogant, swaggerific, and totally going to be brought down to size in later installments. Right now though: I just want to write about a badass Assassin with no cares, who trades blows with the Turtles, Shaft, Shadowhawk, Chapel, and maybe Star of Savage Dragon fame once in a while.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#2  Edited By cbishop
Blue Spider - Original Amalgam by Walfiend2 on Deviantart
Blue Spider - Original Amalgam by Walfiend2 on Deviantart
Blue Spider
Blue Spider "Classic" by Walfiend2 on Deviantart
The Blue Spider by herrenmedia on Deviantart
The Blue Spider by herrenmedia on Deviantart
Art jam: amalgam - Blue Spider by MangaAngel on Deviantart
Art jam: amalgam - Blue Spider by MangaAngel on Deviantart

I saw these the other day and was trying to remember who had suggested Blue Spider on CV. Now that I've seen your thread, I thought I'd pass these along. :)

Added to my FF Long Box - Authors. :)

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. That kinda sucks. lol

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@guardiandevil83: It happens to us all at one point or another... Good concept regardless, I'd say.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@guardiandevil83: Was hoping for Spider-Beetle (which is a real thing by the way http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_beetle ) but a cool idea anyways. Write'em up!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. That kinda sucks. lol

Yeah, I always feel that way too. So yeah...

@guardiandevil83: It happens to us all at one point or another... Good concept regardless, I'd say.

I have a list of characters that is currently 208 pages long. Out of that, about 15 pages of them are on "Strikeout," which is where I go, "Aw, Blue Spider is used," and I take the name Blue Spider and make it Blue Spider. It happens way more often than I'd like.

Didn't mean to be killing your enthusiasm for your idea though. I thought you'd think the designs were cool.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@cbishop: Oh no it's cool I'll still use him. I realize that my character has nothing in common with either Ted or Peter. He has both their names, and was inspired by them initially, but it doesn't matter because other then what I've mentioned he is completely different. He has no powers, is a action-junkie, with too much money and free time. So it's all good.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cbishop