The Reclaimers #1

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

The Reclaimers #1 - Luckiest Man Alive

Agent Owen 'Lucky' West looked out at the sky line of Toronto, his green eyes piercing through the broken cloud layer before looking down towards the shores of Lake Ontario to the East. Tying back his blonde hair into a pony-tail and pulling a matte black wing suit over his wiry body Owen counted down on his fingers before the door exploded behind him and a pair of security guards dressed in bronze ballistic vests charged in opening fire with their assault rifles, shots ricocheting around the room, the window shattering as Owen slipped out and soared off over the city.

"Ma'am we just lost him." One of the guards stated as he ran to the edge. "Your orders? Okay he won't get far." He finished before pushing his partner out the window, the security guard flailing as he fell. "Takes care of that. Hippolyta what's your position?"

Owen checked his watch, he had plenty of time before the submarine extracting him was due to leave. All he had to do was drop down to the landing point without running into the man he had just robbed or his security agents. That man was a multi millionaire named Georges Du Prey, apparently his money had been made in nuclear power and not the fact he was a homicidal killer. That thought made Owen decide it would be best if he were early and he dived just as an arrow whizzed past his cheek and snapped on the side of the nearest tower block.

"Next one goes through your arm." A Greek accented voice snarled as the sound of a bowstring being pulled back rang out. "That is unless you hand over the recording you took of Mister Du Prey's meeting with the minister." Flaring his wings Owen steered his flight onto the roof of the Royal Bank Plaza building as the shooter came into view, a woman dressed in a leather corset and skirt armed with a compound bow and broad sword hanging out the troop bay of a helicopter. "The recording now!" She spat as she leapt off her perch.

"You want it, fine take it this ain't my c*** ***e of a country." Owen replied in an Australian accent as he removed a tiny orb wrapped in a polythene bag. "Who gives a dammpays the Canadian Goverment pays a psycho to bump off one of it's biggest celebrities."

" The recording." The woman snarled as Owen put it on the roof top before pulling out a small wooden box from his pocket. Almost immediately the hired problem solver tensed up, the fingers on her bowstring ready to unleash an arrow into the man's head.

"Now evidence that Du Prey was connected to the abduction of the Australian Prime Minister's daughter on the other hand." Owen continued. With a stream of curse words the woman released her bow string just as her target dropped to the floor and drew a concealed throwing knife, the arrow sailing past as he threw the blade, the weapon embedding in the shooter's leg sending her toppling off the roof top. "Sorry but you ain't getting either of them." He snorted as he flipped the helicopter pilot off and leapt off the roof, his wing suit flaring as he dropped to the pavement. Shaking himself and disengaging the wing suit's flaps he walked to the edge of the street seemingly oblivious to the gawping crowd and called "Taxi."

In seconds he was answered by a scream as the woman from the rooftop lunged at him with her sword, the action stabbing through a lamppost and causing the structure to topple. "I am Hippolyta daughter of Ares and I want that recording!" She shrikes before lashing out again as Owen ducked under the blade before reaching for his sidearm only to see his opponent cut through his belt and trousers, a long bloody laceration scratched down his thigh, his pistol now slashed in two.

" And I'm bloody bored." Owen replied as Hippolyta's sword get caught in his belt. "Now here's my ride." He added as a city bus pulled out from across the road. Lunging for the vehicle he grabbed hold and watched as Hippolyta flung her sword away and drew her bow and fired an arrow into the wheel of the bus before chasing after on foot, the lithe warrior easily catching up to the crippled transport. With a single bound she landed on the roof of the bus and drew an ivory hunting horn with a sharpened tip.

"This isn't my call but you have forced my hand." Hippolyta purred as she got ready to stab the horn into Owen's hand.

"Duck!" Own grunted as the towering woman turned round to see an overhanging traffic light heading her way before smashing into the device and falling to the road, the driver following the bus slamming into her as Hippolyta's quarry escaped. Looking back Owen saw the woman stir and attempt to stand as concerned citizens crowded around her. "Raptor this is Lucky." Owen called on his radio as he leaned off of the bus and landed in the back of a convertible Mercedes, the crash causing the woman driving the car to brake hard. "Package is secure, heading to rendezvous."

" Roger that Lucky, we have a situation that could use your touch." The voice on the other end of the line stated as the driver reached for her phone.

"Roger that Lucky out." Owen answered before removing a wad of hundred dollar bills from the remains of his belt. "That's yours if you take me to the beach." The woman stared at the money before looking at Owen and then back to the money.

''Okay." She chirped nervously. "I like your accent." She added as she pulled away.

"Everyone does." Owen answered as he reclined on the back seat. "That's why I'm so lucky." He added as he rubbed his back, his hands running over the odd pattern of scars that marred his skin. "And why I'm the best at what I do."

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@impurestcheese: Ha ha ha ha

"You want it, fine take it this ain't my c*** ***e of a country." Owen replied in an Australian accent as he removed a tiny orb wrapped in a polythene bag. "Who gives a dammpays the Canadian Goverment pays a psycho to bump off one of it's biggest celebrities."

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@impurestcheese: I thought I had read this one before, but apparently I had not. Nice. With Hippolyta and "...I'm the best at what I do," it's hard to not see this as "Wonder Woman vs. Wolverine," but the characterizations are substantially different. Lucky is a very cool spy character. How come we haven't seen him pop up anywhere else yet? :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: No idea, TBH I had forgotten about him. That said now he's been rediscovered I'm sure I can slot him in somewhere