The Powerpuff Girls #2: Old Friends

SuperSlayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By SuperSlayin

PAGE 1 & 2: Panel 1 takes up both pages and the rest of the panels are contained within it, stacked up roughly like a staircase on the bottom right.

Panel 1: “Epilogue”

A sunny but slightly cloudy day in Townsville’s north cemetery. The grounds are blanketed in finely manicured and vibrant green grass. The trees and bushes are pruned, the flowers, left with care by grave markers are all fresh; all in all a very cheery place for the dead to rest. We see several men and women dressed in black, their backs to us, gathered around the dearly departed to pay their respects.

Panel 2: Away from the group, we see an older man leaning against a tree. His beard is neatly trimmed and mostly gray, his thinning hair mostly white. One of his hands rests casually in his pocket; the other holds a cane.

Dr. Utonium is walking over to join him.

Panel 3: The both of them are now in the shade of the cemetery tree, and we can see that the man’s cane is ornately carved with a silver dragon handle.

PROFESSOR: Hello. I’m Kenneth Utonium.

He says holding out his hand to shake.

Panel 4: The man shakes the doctors hand and forces a smile.

BERNARD: Bernard Neumark. Nice to meet you

PROFESSOR: I thought it was you, but I wasn’t sure. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen you.

BERNARD: I don’t get out much.

Panel 5: They relax a little and chat.

PROFESSOR: Haha! Of course. You’re the biggest millionaire recluse since Howard Hughes.

BERNARD: Is that what they say about me?

PROFESSOR: No. Not really. Most people don’t even remember you or all the things you did. People today are too swept up in celebrity gossip. There’s no gossip about you, so nobody’s interested.

BERNARD: Good. I like it that way.

Panel 6: Tears begin to form in the old man’s eyes.

PROFESSOR: I have to say, I’m surprised to see you here. I wouldn’t have thought you knew Dr. Antium. How were you acquainted?

BERNARD: Yes. Adam and I were . . . friends. Good friends. I haven’t had many. And now, I’m not sure I have any left.

Panel 7: Neumark wipes his eyes with a handkerchief as Kenneth looks on somberly.

BERNARD: Pardon me a moment.

PROFESSOR: Of course.

Panel 8: Neumark is stuffing the handkerchief back in his pocket

BERNARD: You two worked together. Am I right?

PROFESSOR: Tangentially.

BERNARD: Well, you must have known each other well enough. I recall more than once him admiring your genius.

PROFESSOR: Really? That . . . that means a lot. It really does.

Panel 9: The men shake hands once again.

BERNARD: I ought to be going. It was nice meeting you. I hope you have a good day, regardless.

PROFESSOR: Likewise.

PAGE 3: Six rows. Row 1, 2, 3 and 5 contain one panel. Rows 4 and 6 have three panels.

Panel 1: It’s night, we’re high in the air over a suburban neighborhood, we can see three tiny, ugly insects flying about their business.

Panel 2: Much closer to one of the insects, we can now see it’s a mosquito. However these little creatures are unlike any bloodsucker you’ve bemoaned in your lifetime. These are technologically advanced robotic mosquitos of unknown origin.

Meanwhile, a conversation occurs in a different time and place.

BERNARD NEUMARK: My dear old friend. It’s quite a surprise to see you here. To see you like this. I must say this is an awful lot to take in.

MOJO JOJO: I know, I know. I trust it was quiet a shock when you first laid eyes on me. And I thank you for not calling the authorities and allowing me to explain that I am who I say I am.

BERNARD NEUMARK: I was easily convinced. You have a way about you that is totally unique, something that even now I can’t quite put my finger on. I must ask though, what prompted this unusual visit?

Panel 3: The robo mosquitoes have found their way to a familiar looking house.

MOJO JOJO: Well Bernard. I got tired. Tired of being ignored. Tired of seeing intellectual inferiors with hidden agendas tear down the world around me. It’s time for a change my friend. We need change, vast, numerous and immediate. And I’m starting with Townsville.

Panel 4: One robo mosquito flies into Terri’s room.

Panel 5: Another flies into Kate’s room.

BERNARD NEUMARK: As passionate and ambitious as always, but what do I have to do with it?

Panel 6: The last robo mosquito flies into Beth’s room.

Panel 7: A close up of one of the mechanical blood sucking abominations landing on a bare patch of flesh.

MOJO JOJO: All part of my plan, Bernard.

Panels 8-10: Terri, Kate and Beth, respectively, waking up with an “ouch” and rubbing their bites.

PAGE 4: Two panels page wide, followed by a row of 4 and then another page wide panel at the bottom.

Panel 1: In Neumark’s study. The room is luxurious. Everything, from the desk, the tables, chairs, the bookcases and the books that populate them, to the cloths that Neumark is wears and the liquor he is pouring, is the finest, the rarest, and most expensive. As he makes the drinks, he is talking to a figure in a tall backed leather chair, who’s face is unseen by the audience.

BERNARD NEUMARK: Do you like your scotch on the rocks or straight up?

MOJO JOJO: On the rocks please.

Panel 2: Neumark cozies into a chair of his own and looks across at his friend.

BERNARD NEUMARK: I trust you’ve been following the news?

MOJO JOJO: As best I can. Is there anything I should be made aware of?

BERNARD NEUMARK: You’re assistant Jessup Nickels, has been arrested.

Panel 3: Jessup Nickels, in prison cloths, being lead in handcuffs, by two officers down a hallway.

BERNARD NEUMARK: He is suspected of brutally murdering you and releasing the gorillas onto the city.

Panel 4: A polaroid of Dr. Antium’s decapitated body.

BERNARD NEUMARK: Very serious charges, and there is a staggering amount of evidence against him.

Panel 5: Jessup Nickels sitting on a cot behind bars. His face nearly emotionless shows only the slightest hint of sadness.

MOJO JOJO: Oh, I have no doubt.

Panel 6: Polaroid of rotary bone saw covered in blood, laying on a table with a scale marker for size.

MOJO JOJO: But, certain sacrifices had to be made. Just as there will be more sacrifices to come.

Panel 7: Back in Neumark’s study.

BERNARD NEUMARK: I don’t suspect he, or McAllister, will fair well in this aftermath of your little stunt.

MOJO JOJO: Stunt? I almost take offence to that Bernard. I have plans, and I have reasons, as I told you. I know you don’t see the vision I do, not yet, but you will. Everyone will. As for McAllister . . . I am not yet done with them.

PAGE 5: Full page panel with a second tiny one inside it at the bottom right.

Panel 1: Doctor Utonium paces back and forth in the living room, talking on the phone while the afternoon news broadcasts on the television in the background.

BROADCASTER: The fourteen experimental gorillas that escaped McAllister labs earlier this week and caused hundreds of thousands of dollars in city and civilian property damage have been given a clean bill of health by veterinary experts and will be added to primate exhibit at the Townsville zoo, away from the existing gorilla population, where they will be cared for until permanent homes can be arranged.

Jane McAllister, head of McAllister labs issued a statement today, saying that “McAllister labs regrets this unfortunate mishap and is working diligently to take measure ensuring that it will never happen again.”

Miss McAllister and city officials have yet to reach a settlement for the cost of damages but parties on both sides are confident that an agreement will be made soon.

In related news… (Ken Utonium’s word balloon covers up the rest of the broadcast.)

PROFESSOR: I just want to know what happened to the other gorilla.

. . . . .

The one that escaped. Everywhere I read the news is saying that all fourteen where captured. But fifteen escaped.

. . . . .

I know for a fact that Adam had fifteen gorillas. I was a friend of the man, I read over his notes. He had fif…

. . . . .

Dr. Antium.

. . . . .

Yes.

. . . . .

You seriously expect me to believe the subjects of dangerous and unpredictable experiments were miscounted before their escape? You don’t think it’s more likely that they were miscounted after being recaptured?

. . . . .

No Sir. I just…

. . . . .

Yes sir. I understand.

. . . . .

I’m sure everything is under control.

Panel 2: Dr. Utonium hangs up the phone.

PAGE 6: Wide panel on top, then 2 square panels, followed by a tiny strip of 12 panels and lastly another wide panel.

Panel 1: “Behind the McCracken mall.” The Gangrene Gang is hanging out by the dumpsters, scrounging the out of date boxes of supplies the food court had thrown away. Ace sits against the wall reading a newspaper.

ACE: Can you believe this shit? They got super powers now? Grrr! What is wrong with this world?

Panel 2: Ace crumbles up the paper.

LITTLE ARTURO: It’s not fair.

Panel 3: He tosses the ball of newspaper into an open dumpster.

ACE: You’re damn right it’s not fair Arturo. But we’re gonna make it fair.

GRUBBER: What did you have n mind Ace?

ACE: Rescue. Yeah, that’s what we need, rescuin. We have to be our own heroes. Cuz the goddamn Powerpuff Girls ain’t gonna save us.

Panel 4-15: Ace flips his zippo lighter open and closed again several times

Panel 16: Ace stares off deep in thought.

ACE: We need money.

PAGE 7: One narrow panel at the top and the bottom with a larger one in between

Panel 1: A news broadcaster at her desk tells us more about what is happening in Townsville.

BROADCASTER: Top story tonight, Jessup Nickels has pled guilty to the murder of Dr. Adam Antium earlier this morning. He has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Nickels was the primary assistant to Dr. Antium at McAllister Labs where they studied the effects of new medications on higher primates.

Panel 2: Jessup Nickels fills the entire panel. The picture is from his shoulders to his head of him in his bright orange jump suit. His face looks weary and aged but his eyes are scary and cold. Transparent words splatter the panel; “Murderer” “Life or Death?” “Execution” “Prison” “Terrorist” “Notorious” “Evil” “Villain” etc.

Panel 3: Same as Panel 1.

BROADCASTER: Last week Nickels was found with the decapitated body of Dr. Antium in their lab after 14 gorilla test subjects were found to have escaped. Nickles was also suspected to have intentionally released the gorillas onto the streets, recklessly endangering the citizens of Townsville. However, the plea bargain presented to him dropped all charges of committing terrorist acts, which would have had Nickels facing execution at trial.

PAGE 8: Similar to page 4 with a wide panel of a news broadcast at the top and bottom. But in between on this page are three vertical panels.

Panel 1: Same as panel 1 on page 4

BROADCASTER: On a lighter note, the city’s newest hot topic is The Powerpuff Girls. The trio of super powered teenagers Katherine, Theresa and Elisabeth Utonium, better known as Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup respectively, put an end to the aforementioned gorilla rampage last week. So naturally, some denizens of Townsville see them as heroes. However there is another group that thinks they are a threat to public safety. Earlier today outside City Hall, a number of concerned citizens banned together to protest The Powerpuff Girls presence in the greater Townsville area as well as demand answers to some pressing questions about the girls. Our own Amanda Watts was on the scene.

Panel 2: Terri is signing autographs for a group of hyper children.

Panel 3: Kate shakes hands with the president in the oval office where they are far from the cameras and questions of the hounding media. She stares up in awe, feeling like a small child in the presence of a world leader.

Panel 4: Beth is floating in the air, her cloths singed, her face covered in soot. She hugs a dog in her arms as it squirms to lick her face. Beside her are firefighters hard at work to extinguish a burning building in the background.

Panel 5: A pretty young woman holing a microphone is standing next to a man much taller than herself. Behind them is the grand stairs leading up to the much grander city hall. At the base of the steps is a mob of protesters. Some raise their fists angrily, some even made signs, while other just seem to want to wave at the camera.

AMANDA WATTS: I’m here with Marcus Pendleton. Marcus, you organized this rally here today, isn’t that right?

MARCUS: Yes it is.

AMANDA: And what are your reasons for doing this?

MARCUS: We just want some answers, you know? We’re not trying to raise hell or anything. It’s just, out of nowhere some girls show up who can fly and lift up cars and stuff. Where did they come from? How is this possible? What are their intentions? What if they aren’t heroes, but the bad guys? Or what if they are good; they do have good intentions but wind up causing more harm than help? Do we have a defense plan in case The Powerpuff Girls become a threat? The Mayor is the one to best answer these questions and we aren’t leaving until he does.

AMANDA: Some pretty strong tough questions being asked down here at city hall, but that’s it from me. We now send it back to our live studio.

PAGE 9: Five panels. Nothing complicated.

Panel 1: Terri is sitting on the edge of a rooftop looking sad.

Panel 2: Her sisters land behind her.

BLOSSOM: Terri! Jesus Christ, there you are. What are you doing here?

BUBBLES: Nobody trusts us. They think we’re the bad guys.

BUTTERCUP: Come on. Not everybody thinks that.

BUBBLES: A lot of them do.

Panel 3: Terri starts nibbling on her thumb.

BUBBLES: Did you know we have protesters? They were at city hall today.

BLOSSOM: Yeah. I already know about them. Terri, I’ve answered every question I knew the answer to.

BUBBLES: And they still don’t trust us.

Panel 4: Beth takes a seat beside her and puts her arm around her. While in the background Kate’s phone makes a “Deet Deet” sound.

BUTTERCUP: Not everyone is going to trust us, no matter what. We have powers that are strange and scary to people. All we can do is continue to help people and hope that the majority is open minded enough to see that we are good.

BLOSSOM: Guys.

Panel 5: Terri and Beth look over their shoulders to see what Kate wants.

BLOSSOM: You know that guy TweetBlotter I told you about?

BUTTERCUP: Yeah, isn’t he like an ex cop who posts whatever he hears on his old police radio?

BLOSSOM: Yeah. There’s a robbery at the mall. Airheart jewelers. We gotta go.

Page 10: Two large panels at the top and bottom with two smaller panels sandwiched in between.

Panel 1: At the mall, the girls run through the crowd of dispersing onlookers and the police tape that has blocked off the section of the mall. They run up to police chief Douglass Barrett who is leaning against a support column and scribbling in a note pad.

BLOSSOM: Chief! What happened?

Panel 2: The rotund man, who somewhat resembles a bulldog, turns his head and looks at them.

CHIEF BARRETT: Oh, it’s you? What happened? It’s really none of your business.

Panel 3: The Powerpuff Girls look a bit confused.

BLOSSOM: But, we can help.

Panel 4: Chief Barrett continues writing.

CHIEF BARRETT: Listen girls. I don’t care if you have alien super powers or that the Mayor wants you to watch over the city like some guardian angles or something. When it boils down to it, you are civilians and this is a police matter. So take your vigilante hero act and go home.

BUBBLES: But . . .

CHIEF BARRETT: But nothing. You have no business being here. Now leave before I have you arrested for interfering with a police investigation.

PAGE 11: Five staggered horizontal panels so that they do not take up the entire width of the page.

Panel 1: The girls have turned around and exited the taped off area. From the background Barrett shouts.

CHIEF BARRETT: But hey, if I find out a couple of monkeys did it you’ll be the first ones I call. Hahahahaha!

BUTTERCUP: What a jerk.

BUBBLES: So, what do we do now?

OFF PANEL: Psst. Hey.

Panel 2: A different cop, one much younger and thinner that Barrett, motions for them to come over to him.

Panel 3: The cop and the girls hide just inside a clothing store as to not be seen by the chief.

COP: Look, here’s what I know. And don’t tell anybody I told you okay?

THE POWERPUFF GIRLS: Okay.

COP: Airheart Jewelers was robbed. Five guys with guns came in and took all the cash they had on hand. No jewelry was taken. The guys were wearing masks and gloves, the whole nine. The best description we got was from a lady outside the mall who says she saw one of them take off his mask. She said he was wearing face paint underneath it but she could tell he had a pointed nose and chin as well as black hair. I’m not sure how much that’s going to help you, but there you go.

BLOSSOM: What was the face paint? Did it have like a pattern or something?

COP: She said it was green. That’s all.

Panel 4: Terri and Beth look at each other questioningly.

BLOSSOM: Are you sure it was face paint?

COP: Yeah. How else would his face be green?

BLOSSOM: Yeah. Okay. Thanks.

Panel 5: The cop leaves the store and the girls to ponder the situation.

COP: No problem.

He says as he walks off.

PAGE 12: Every panel is half a page wide and a quarter page tall; except for 3 which is a full page wide.

Panel 1: The Girls are flying through the night sky off to find their prime suspects.

BUTTERCUP: I can’t believe they would do this. I mean, I know they’re assholes and all but armed robbery?

BLOSSOM: Yeah . . . Um, hey. We’re bulletproof right?

BUTTERCUP: I guess so. We are like really tough. Crap. I hope we’re bulletproof.

Panel 2: Terri stops mid flight.

BUBBLES: Wait!

Panel 3: Kate and Beth stop as well.

BLOSSOM: What is it?

BUBBLES: We’re going to the dump right?

BLOSSOM: Yeah. That’s where they live.

BUBBLES: But what if we get radiation poisoning too?

BUTTERCUP: Oh hell. We’re already freaks of nature. Radiation will probably like, give us lazar vision or something. Come on. Let’s go. We’re almost there.

BLOSSOM: Yeah. Come on Terri. We won’t be there long anyway.

BUTTERCUP: I just hope they don’t shoot us.

Panel 4: Kate and Beth fly off.

BUBBLES: But . . .

Panel 5: Terri is left hovering alone in the middle of the blackened sky, looking uneasy.

Panel 6: She shouts ahead to her sisters.

BUBBLES: Wait up!

Panel 7: She zooms off in a in a cloud swirling whoosh.

PAGE 13: Six-pack design

Panel 1: Exterior shot of a run down trailer in the middles of mountainous piles or garbage.

Panel 2: The Powerpuff Girls land right outside.

BUTTERCUP: God. This place stinks. I can’t believe they live here.

BLOSSOM: Yeah, let’s just get this over with.

Panel 3: We see the façade of the trailer, and the girls with their backs to us.

BLOSSOM: Gangrene Gang!

Panel 4: Ace peeks through the blinds and sees the girls standing outside.

ACE: What the fuck? Are you serious? Everybody hide, those super bitches are here.

Panel 5: Beth is rolling her eyes and Kate looks annoyed.

BUBBLES: Does he really think we didn’t see him?

BLOSSOM: Uhg! They’re so stupid.

Panel 6: Beth slaps her hands together excitedly.

BUTTERCUP: Hey, I‘ve got an idea. Me and Terri will lift the trailer into the air and you go in and talk to them. If they wanna be stupid, like pretend they aren’t home or shoot at us, we’ll drop the trailer.

BUBBLES: What? You can’t do that.

BUTTERCUP: We’re not gonna lift it vey high, just enough to use as a negotiation tool.

BLOSSOM: Okay, well, I guess we could do that.

PAGE 14: The main panels are 1, 3, 4, 6 and 7. The page is cut up horizontally with these panels each taking up a slice. The remaining panels are much smaller panels contained within the larger ones.

Panel 1: With Beth on one end and Terri on the other they lift the trailer some twenty feet off the ground. Kate floats along with it just in front of the door.

Panel 2: Her hand raps thrice on the aluminum screen door.

Panel 3: They wait.

Panel 4: Kate gets tired of the game.

BLOSSOM: Oh come on guys. We know you’re in there. Don’t make me peel this thing open like a can of sardines.

Panel 5: Close up of the doorknob as it clicks unlocked.

Panel 6: On the left of the panel, Ace has opened the door a crack, poking his face out to greet Kate. On the right is Kate from the opposing angle, her arms crossed, her expression unhappy. Their conversation happens in the center of the panel.

ACE: Whadda you want Red?

BLOSSOM: You know why we’re here. You guys robbed the jewelry store at the mall.

ACE: What? How dare you come here and accuse us of robbery.

BLOSSOM: Return the money and surrender the guns Ace. That’s your best ploy for leniency.

ACE: Fuck off Ginger. We didn’t steal nothin.

BLOSSOM: Then you won’t mind if I come in and have a look around.

ACE: No. You can’t come in. You’re not a fuckin cop. You have no authority, no right, to come in my house without permission.

BLOSSOM: If I’m right, the ends will justify the means.

ACE: If you’re wrong I’ll have you arrested for home invasion.

Panel 7: Zoomed out to show how high up they are.

BLOSSOM: Ace. Let me in peacefully or we’ll just have to drop your trailer and leave.

Panel 8: Ace looks down in utter shock that his home is floating two stories in the air.

PAGE 15: Top row has three panels while the following three rows have two.

Panel 1: Ace relents.

ACE: All right. Fine. You can come in. Just put the trailer down. Gently!

Panel 2: Inside the Gangrene Gang’s humble abode. The trailer was found at the dump, and so everything inside it was also scrounged from the trash around them. Kate elects to stand but Ace takes a seat in a discolored recliner while the rest of the gang occupies a mismatched and hole-ridden sofa and loveseat combo.

BLOSSOM: Where’s the money?

ACE: Like I said Red. There ain’t no . . .

Panel 3: A streak of red winds its way through the trailer as Kate searches for the stolen money.

Panel 4: Kate returns to her spot holding a backpack loaded with cash and firearms.

ACE: . . . money?

BLOSSOM: Bubbles! Call the police!

Panel 5: Ace stand up looking a little panicked.

ACE: Listen. We need that money. I aint fuckin jokin man. I aint bullshittin! You, you can take the guns. I don’t care. They weren’t loaded anyway. But we need that money.

ARTURO: Please Blossom.

GRUBBER: We need to pay the hospitals.

Panel 6: Ace grabs a stunned Kate by the shoulders.

ACE: If you take this from us, if you take us to jail, you’ll be writing our death sentence.

BLOSSOM: There’s got to be another way.

Panel 7: Ace punches a wall in frustration.

ACE: THERE IS NO OTHER WAY!

Panel 8: He leans against the wall and rubs his eyes trying to calm down.

ACE: There’s no other way to get that kind of money. You think we’re gonna get good payin jobs when we got green skin and smell like garbage? No. We need a fortune to treat this shit and get out of this dump. The only way for guys like us to get a fortune is to take it.

BLOSSOM: I-I’m sorry Ace. I really am, but I can’t let you steal. And the hospitals wouldn’t take stolen money anyway. I . . .

Panel 9: Ace puts up a hand to stop her. A police siren woops in the background.

ACE: Save it Red. You go talk to the police. You go talk to the reports. You go make the 9 o clock news. The Powerpuff Girls save the day again. The saviors of Townsville . . .but you’re not our saviors, Red.

PAGE 16: Full page panel with a small one inside it.

Panel 1: Back in Bernard Neumark’s study where he and his associate continue their discussion.

MOJO JOJO: Speaking of what’s in the news. What do you know about these . . . what were they called? Powerpuff Girls?

BERNARD NEUMARK: I suppose I don’t know anymore than you do. People with comic book super powers. It’s the strangest thing really. Well, it was, until I found out my best friend had become a gorilla.

MOJO: Hahaha! You really shouldn’t make me laugh. This could be a very serious situation. If there was one thing that threatens my master plan, it’s them. I’d like some insurance, should I need it.

BERNARD: Insurance?

MOJO: Snuffing the spark before it becomes a fire.

BERNARD: Before it becomes an inferno.

MOJO: Yes.

Panel 2: Bernard swishes his drink around in his glass.

BERNARD: I have a few, acquaintances, who may be helpful to you.

MOJO: Do tell.

PAGE 17: A large square panel at the top with two small square panels beneath it.

Panel 1: In an innocuous gymnasium somewhere, there’s a make shift wrestling ring set up in the middle of the basketball court. The bleachers are half filled with half interested spectators. Between the ropes, a large man with long blond hair squares off with a larger man wearing a mask.

BERNARD: Well, there’s a man who goes by the name Super Dragon. He’s a professional wrestler.

MOJO: A pretend badass? That’s the best you have?

BERNARD: I assure you, he is a genuine badass. In fact, he’s a rather nasty fellow with a fondness for hurting people.

Panel 2: The men are mid air, having just jumped from the top rope. The blond man is upside down with his head between the masked man’s legs.

Panel 3: The two hit the mat as Super Dragon delivers a devastating pile driver. We can see, x-ray style, that the blond wrestler’s spine is been shattered by the impact.

PAGE 18: In the top left corner is a square panel, beside it are two horizontal panels stacked atop each other. Below that a row of three and the largest panel of the page fills the bottom.

Panel 1: A close up of a man’s eyes, the rest of his face is shrouded in shadow and black cloth.

Panel 2: We see, from over his shoulder that he is up in the rafters of a warehouse. Down below two powerful yakuza factions meet one another.

BERNARD: Then there’s a real life, modern day ninja; a stealthy and skilled assassin with blades and poisons. He never says a word, so I haven’t a clue what his name is. I’ve come to refer to him as Zero.

Panel 3: Zero drops silently to the ground behind the crime syndicates.

MOJO: Why Zero?

BERNARD: That’s usually the amount of people he leaves alive.

Panels 4-6: In a whirlwind of blood, bullets and gleaming katana steel, Zero slaughters everyone in the room.

Panel 7: We see Zero only from the waste down. His sword, gripped tightly in his hand, is dripping with blood; the blood of the slain and dismembered bodies all around his feet.

PAGE 19: The top half sees horizontal panels 1 and 3 on the left side and panel 2, vertically on the right. Where as panel 4 solely occupied the bottom half.

Panel 1: A woman seductively dressed is bound, gagged and blind folded lying in the dirt.

BERNARD: Lastly, a killer. No other way to describe him. He kills, not for money, though I’m sure he could be persuaded. I’m not even sure he does it for fun. He kills for need, a compulsory animalistic need.

Panel 2: A thin shadowed figure sporting a knife stands over the helpless woman.

Panel 3: The woman lies now with her throat slit, her blood draining into the sand. On her thigh is the killer’s signature, carved in rudimentary lettering.

BERNARD: His name is John Marx. Or, at least that’s the name he carves into his victims.

Panel 4: Once again in Neumark’s study.

MOJO: So, should push come to shove and these super teens must be dealt with in a more confrontational manner, you are suggesting we hire a ninja, a professional wrestler and a serial killer to do the job?

BERNARD: It sounds silly, I know, but I know these are capable men. And if I may point out, You sir are a gorilla who plans to take over the world. Silliness is just par for the course at this point.

MOJO: Tuche.

PAGE 20: Two medium sized panels across the top, while two large horizontal panels take up the rest of the page.

Panel 1: Exterior shot. “Utonium Residence”

PROFESSOR: Girls! Could you come to the den please! There’s something I have to discuss with you!

Panel 2: The three sisters are taking their seats on the sofa. Across from them sits their father, looking worrisome.

BLOSSOM: What is it, father?

PROFESSOR: Sit down girls.

Panel 3: The girls are now seated and looking nervous.

PROFESSOR: I am going to tell you something I shouldn’t be telling and you’re not supposed to know. When you captured those escaped gorillas, you didn’t catch all of them. I know for a fact that Dr. Antium had fifteen gorillas that escaped, even though it was reported that the fourteen you caught were all that were missing. This is being covered up and I don’t know why. It has me very worried.

BLOSSOM: But, father. If there was still one out there, why hasn’t anyone seen it? Why hasn’t it rampaged like all the rest of them did?

Panel 4: Dr. Utonium interlaces his fingers before answering his daughter.

PROFESSOR: I don’t know Blossom. Maybe it made its way to the forest outside of town. But I know there’s still one out there. I even know the name of the missing ape. You see, all of Antium’s gorillas were named by his children. Their names along with other information was put on a microchip and inserted under the skin between the shoulder blades. It’s much the same technology that they are now using to find lost dogs. I compared the names of the gorillas you caught with a list I copied from Antium’s notes, and the one missing is named Mojo Jojo.