The origin story of the superhero, Herald!

Avatar image for amazingfantasy15
AmazingFantasy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AmazingFantasy15

Hi everyone, I have been trying to create my own superhero and I have recently written a very basic synopsis of the hero’s origin and was wandering if I could get some feedback, thanks.

Alias: Herald

Appearance: 5, 9 ft, 135 lbs, medium length brown hair, classic beauty.

Powers: Super speed (can run 750 mph, though if she pushes herself then she can run 850 mph, if she is carrying a person then she only goes about 100 mph so they don’t get hurt), superhuman stamina (though his metabolism causes him to need a lot of food when she uses her super speed), can absorb solar energy through skin like a living solar battery, eliminating the need for oxygen, hence the effects of g-force don’t apply, superhuman resistance to injury (bullet proof skin), virtually immune to heat, superhuman reflexes (can easily dodge bullets).

Origin: Amelia is a scientist who was working for a technology company call J Tech, she had previously shown her bosses designs for a teleportation device, they were unsure about it but they decided to fund her research (though they wouldn’t put anyone else on the project until she got some solid results). One day she tested the device’s capabilities by seeing if she could teleport a grape, though something went wrong, the machine exploded, instead of teleporting the grape the device teleported unknown substances from an unknown location, this explosion gave Herald her superpowers.

When her bosses found out about her failure and due to the lack of results recently they decided to bring a new scientist (Thomas Patel) on and have Amelia work for him. This aggravated her but given that the accident gave her powers not being in charge meant she had time to study her powers so while continuing her research into teleportation she secretly studied her new found abilities and how they work. So she could use the full extent without worrying about her clothes burning or ripping she made a costume from Spectra fibre, it was tight so that it wouldn’t get caught or something and get damaged.

One day she saw on TV that there was a bank robbery being orchestrated so Amelia decided to intervene, she put on her suit and subdued the robbers, (though she didn’t have a mask so she made sure she didn’t slow down, at least not in front of people or facing a camera). She decided to help people with her powers, since she didn’t want villains, fans and the government coming after her she made a mask of Spectra fibre, she also coloured a pattern on the costume to look better.

Meanwhile Thomas continued working on the teleportation device (though Amelia helped less and less due to her superhero exploits, during which she started calling the superhero identity Herald), though unbeknownst to anyone Thomas did not intend to hand over the technology to his bosses, rather he intended to use it to get whatever he wants, so when Thomas and Amelia finished the teleportation device (a relatively small device that projected a wormhole-like portal taking whoever up to 5 miles away. He stole the device; fixed it to a suit he had secretly made which among other things provides power for the device with solar panels on the suit, and disappeared into the portal which closes automatically when the teleportation device passes through it (or if you press a button on the teleportation device). Amelia suited up and went looking for him.

It wasn’t difficult since Thomas had teleported into a bank’s safe and had tripped the alarm. When security guards came into the safe Thomas projected a portal in front of the entrance so that anyone who tried to enter would be teleported a mile away. Amelia decided to wait until he decided to leave and then quickly follow him through the portal after him, she did this and they ended up at his house where he had bags of his things, clearly getting ready to leave, the two fight but Amelia wins, however while she pins him Thomas manages to escape by revealing that he can activate the teleportation device without touching it thanks to his suit which is connected to his nervous system which is connected to the teleportation device. He leaves though people still consider Herald a hero, the press dubbed Thomas trapdoor (working title).

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By cyberninja

That's actually not bad, not bad at all.

AmazingFantasy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AmazingFantasy15

Thanks, I accidentally posted this on the general discussions forum instead on the fan-fic forum, can someone tell me how to move this to the right forum please.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By cyberninja

@AmazingFantasy15 said:

Thanks, I accidentally posted this on the general discussions forum instead on the fan-fic forum, can someone tell me how to move this to the right forum please.

Users can't move threads only mods and staffs can, but it's ok, sooner or later a mod will come across this thread then see your post and then move the thread for you.

AmazingFantasy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AmazingFantasy15

Thanks.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Its pretty good,i like it.

YoungThriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By YoungThriller

Cool bio.You should continue with some more stories for her.