Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By Dark King

Year: sometime in the early 80's

Over a Week ago i received a letter addressed to me if that wasnt odd enough it was before i had decided to rent the cabin, before anyone could know. i had to leave the place since it was compromised, At 1st i thought it was someone from the black ops community  had tracked me down or followed me from the last government contract job. The letter had a cryptic message within it, "something we both share." The few people i know have been dead for decades and i dont have any friends at least i keep telling myself that, the closest one that might be a "friend" works for the government now and i dont believe he would betray my confidence and let his employers know i still live let alone where they might find me.

I have answered the letter out of curiosity to find who was behind it and how they were able to find me, I arrived in New York following the scent from the letter into a restaurant. True to his word the man waits for me but not before i made sure it wasnt a set up did i enter. Now before me sits a crippled man with his crutches on the side of the table in his mid 40's, Blue eyes and thin receding blond hair, he'll be going bald soon. I try to listen to his babbling and conspiracy theories , i dont know if i should just walk out on him or rough him up to teach him a lesson. if he werent crippled i would have already killed him, His name is Gerald Maxwell and he appears to have some eugenic racial superiority agenda, only thing funny about this is that its coming from someone like him.

Gerald: you see Mr. William, my parents were part of the atomic bomb project during the war and subsequently asked to participate by our government in a secret eugenics program similar to the Germans.

(whispers)

Like you William, i am more than i appear, i too worked for the Black ops community.

William: as what, weapons carrier?
they put their gear on your lap while they rolled you to the plane, Ha!
Look Mister, you and i have as much in common as a black Jew and an SS soldier.

Gerald: I was part of a top secret  program called Psi Ops Division.

William: yeh, i heard the scuttlebutt around the black-ops community that it's a massive joke.
"I sense Danger in Soviet Union, someone is going to be kidnapped or killed."

William placing his fingers to his temple while mockingly impersonating Gerald's upper class pompous english accent.

Gerald: believe it or not Mr. William it is real and it works.
It's how i was able to find you, i bn looking for you for months.
you dont make it easy but i recieved a premonition while dreaming.

you and i possesses powers making us more than human?
i believe a new race of humanity is coming, i dont know why but it is happening.
more of us are being born each day and we will be used by our government, end up imprisoned or even killed for simply being born.
it is why you hide, change your name and move from place to place.

William: and your plan is what?
not that i believe you by the way.

Gerald: to find one another before those in power can exploit them.

William: you mean so you can exploit them first.

Gerald: that's not it.
i only want to help them reach their potential and help them blend in with the rest of society.

William: and what do you want from me?

Gerald: I would like you to be the protector and instructor to those i wish to gather.

William: i dont have many skills and the ones i do have are things you teach soldiers, Warriors.
you telling me you simply want to help these kids but you want me to teach them how to fight?
buddy, i may not like this country very much for everything it's done..
but, i be damned if i help a cripple with delusion of granduer become the next Hitler with his own supersoldier army.

william gets up from his chair as he prepares to leave, Gerald glaring  as he attempts to give William an order.

Gerald: Sit.
*sit*(stares)

William: you must be out of your goddamn mind to try and order me.

Gerald: I tried to give you a mental suggestion which you shrugged off.
It shows how special you truly are.

William: look, i am only gonna tell you once, no.
If i ever see you again, i'll kill you.

....................................................................................

8 years later.

I recieved a request for my services by Uncle Sam, they said it was a job where only i could succeed. The General and his staff talking giving me all the intel of the target while the General clicks through the various slides.

General: Pack Leader, We need you to do some recon for us.

William: recon?
what your army brats cant do the sneak and crawl into that property?
you got an entire forest why cant they stay in the treeline and recon from a distance.

General: The Recon boys are only good for sneaking in moderate threat areas with low possible danger.
Everytime we have sent them in they return with their memories wiped.
This could and most probably will get ugly.
We need you to assess the threat potential and if necessary eliminate it.

In all honesty their is only so much we can do.
this is a civilian with lots of money and security with access to technology we dont have.
We have done various inquiries on the target and each time we come up with nothing.
this does not just happen, i want you to take a look at this.

William leans forward as an old grainy film is played on the wall, on it a small crippled man with crutches walks past government security gates without being stopped or question almost as if he didnt exist.

William: where was this taken?

General: At the Pentagon.
we have bn breached and the men questioned dont recall it ever happening.
as far as  we can tell this was over 3 years ago.

So far we have kept it secret from the various agencies anybody that could leak this.
We dont know what information this man has taken but whatever it is, it cant be allowed to remain with such a dangerous individual.
short of bombing him with a small tactical nuke from a distance.

William: i go with a sidewinder but a nuke sounds good too.
i take it the news media is what stopping you boys?
why not use a Satellite for spying?

General: we dont need questions asked nor the media snooping around during such a sensitive time.
the Satellite pictures are still frame it doesnt tell us much other than there is  a small group of individuals with him that live on his property.
will you do it?

William: yeh, i'll do it.

William doesnt tell the General and his staff that he had run into the man several years earlier and had gaffed him off as a loon. I guess the man was speaking some truth afterall.

General: very well, Wolf Leader.
We will supply you with any equipment you might need.

William: just the usual, a ride to the target's general area, explosives, hardware and some of your spy gadgets.
I assume you'll want pictures?

General: yes.
We are ready to take you whenever you're ready.

William: i'm ready now.
if i am forced to terminate them?

General: a clean up crew will be on standbye a few hours away in the city.

William: where is this City?

General: New York.

William leaning on his chair pulls out a smoke and lights it as the men watch him...

William: well, lets go.

William walking out as he is taken to a hanger to gather his gear for his mission, large military cargo boxes are open for William to go through. the sight of weapons puts a smile on his face as he pulls out grenades, harness, M4, parachute and whatever small stuff he can take with him for personal use putting them in a military pack.

William: one more thing, i'm gonna need my gear from my car.

General: We've already thought of that.

Military Police pulls up on a humvee handing William his duffel bag which slightly angers William.

General: anything else?

William: just get me to the target location.

William boards the military plane a Black stealth bomber and takes his seat as the hatch closes, reaching into his duffel bag he removes gear while taking off his civilian clothes to dress for the mission. Fully geared William stares at the flyboys who quietly watched him...

William: what, you enjoy the show?

the airmen turn away angry that some mercenary civilian is doing a job that they should be doing, William leans on his uncomfortable chair deciding to take a quick nap before they arrive to the target location.

Airmen: Sir?
it's almost time, we're here.

William groggy stares at the Airmen before double checking his gear and staring at his duffel bag.

William: alright, all my stuff better be there when i get back if not, i'll personally hunt you down and kill you for free.

The hatch opens up William putting on his high altitude mask not that he needs it but it will reduce the air friction and make the more fall comfortable. William given the green light jumps toward his target.

Airmen: Cargo has been dropped!
take us home!

William falling from several miles looks at his altitude watch, the height, clouds and night drop made his drop impossible to be seen with human eyes or even heard. William racing toward the ground at terminal velocity as the ground begins to appear through the cloud cover and becoming bigger every second, He can see the forest and the road leading up to the compound with his enhance vision everything is clear as day to him. He cant deploy his parachute too high or he'll risk being seeing gliding down to earth and making the night drop pointless.

waiting for the last minute he pulls his chord and is immediately yanked up the force sufficient enough to break a human spine, yet William shrugs it off, The force the parachute is subjected under causes it to snap a line causing William to spin down to the treeline. william angry and preparing for the impact abandons his parachute forcing him to slam into the treeline, crashing through the trees as thick branches break under his weight while he struggles to right himself and leap off from one of the trees. Each attempt simply causing the thick branches to break forcing William to claw at the trees to slow down his fall.

William haulting himself drops to the ground and begins scanning the terrain using his night vision and infrared for any hidden surprises, William pulling out his Radio set calls it in...

William: this is Wolf Leader, I have arrived.
Radio silence from here on out, over.

Radio Voice: affirmative, Wolf Leader.
good luck, over.

The Radio goes silent as William navigates through the forest quietly and cautiously moving about to keep from being detected, he realizes the closer he gets to the compound the more hidden security cameras are placed about from high trees to small ground ones all visible to him through his infrared vision, he is even able to see the invisible laser beams. Now he knows how the recon boys were being discovered the place has more eyes than hairs on chewy. It's gonna take him a while to get through maybe all night gonna have to hide during the day to keep from being detected.

annoyed William quitely creeps through the forest from time to time crawling on his belly to avoid the camera visual range. William making it through and reaching the forestlines right before sunrise, forcing him to dig up the soil so he can bury himself and observe the compound from a hidden position. quietly he watches as the compound becomes active ppl waking up going through their morning routine, william taking note at the strange appearance of some of the people as he takes pictures from his unseen location.

One of them is large having some mild form of Gigantism giving him an almost simian like appearance another one has strange lump on his back beneath his shirt forcing William to use his Infrared to see what it could possibly be. A pattern  emergace as William realizes that they are folded wings, the group gathering for their morning exercises as a man on crutches obeserves from the compound door.

William: *i guess you found your superhuman army.*
*maybe i was wrong.*
*where did you get the money?*

William quietly silences his mind as he stares while taking pictures one of the students a female with auburn colored hair and green eyes stops in mid run to stare toward William's direction. One of the para military youths appears to be the leader asks her what is  wrong, the girl quickly turns to him shrugging her shoulders as they continue their morning exercises. Gerald looking at the children quickly looks toward the forest squinting his eyes becoming satisfied that there is nothing out there before  heading back inside.

William: hmmm..

William quietly watches them through out the day taking pictures managing to catch them practicing with their special abilities, The Leader capable of generating some type of telekinetic beam from his forehead, the one who appears to suffer from mild form of gigantism possesses enhanced agility and superhuman strength, The girl a mild form of telekinesis allowing her to levitate objects, the one with the lumps in his back having skin bat like wings able to generate some sonic clicks which irritate William even from the forestline, the youngest one of them able to manipulate soil.

Having seen enough he hides the camera and radio set but maintaining his rifle, side arm, grenades and knives.... He needs real intel and only way to get it is to ask and get it from the horses mouth. Quietly William rises as he walks out toward the young parahuman military group going unnoticed until he is nearly on top of them....

William: 1st rule about combat, always be aware of your surroundings.

Team Leader: who are you?!
drop the weapons and get on the ground now!

The girl closes her eyes as if giving a silent summon to someone. William patiently stands his ground observing the kids.

William: Cute, cubscout.
If i was looking to harm you, you and your merry band would be dead already.

Gerald making his way to the door on his crutches stares at William realizing who it is...

Gerlad: stand down.
have you finally come to join us, William?

William: you're bald.

Gerald: yes, thank you for noticing.

William: I see you finally started building up your new world army.

Gerald: We're not an army but a family.
you're welcome to join, is that why you're here?

William: i heard rumors about you..
i came to see if they  were true.

Gerald: what rumors pray tell?

William: cant you read my mind?

Gerald: no, i cannot.
you're different, an anomaly.

William: maybe you just dont have any powers(smiles).

Gerald: you wish to goat me but it wont work.
iirc you threaten to kill me, is that why you're here?

William: i bn thinking about it.

Team Leader: just try it buddy and we'll stop you before you can raise a finger!

Gerald: calm down Uniblast...
he is trying to get a rise out of us isnt that right William?

William: "uniblast?"
what kinda name is that?
did you lose a bet?

The Girl approaches William and angry  looking to defend their teacher and father figure...

Girl: you dont know anything about Doctor Maxwell, he has helped us!
he gave us a home and a family!

William: is that true?
where is your family?
do you think your parents would just hand you over to him without a little push?

Girl: you're lying!
he would never do that!

Gerald: calm down Sarah, dont let him get to you..

Sarah begins to calm down at Gerald's request...

William: you see he is doing it now.
Tell me Gerald, where do you find these kids?
what did you say to them to get them to trust you?

Gerald: i found them and i told them the truth.
they chose to come with me.

William: i'm sure.
you been using your egghead mind to convince these kids, like you just did this girl right now.
they're just too young and stupid to realize it since you have them so indoctrinated in your warped world view.

Uniblast: shut up!(zap)

Uniblast angered generates a telekinetic beam hitting William square across the jaw with enough force to break a human neck, William wiping the small amount of blood from his lips stares at Uniblast.

William: listen, kid.
that was only your one and only free shot.
there wont be a next time.

Uniblast: i'm not scared of you!

William: is this what you been teaching your kids?
i'm not convinced of your noble intentions.
tell me what have you been up to with your powers, lets say in the last 3 years?

Gerald: protecting my children..

William: they're not your children.

The  group begin to back away the one suffering from gigantism behind William all waiting for orders from their Teacher.

Gerald: i like you to leave, now.
I'm afraid if you dont, things will get ugly.
as skilled as you are, you're no match for my children..

William: you see, i was just planning on leaving but not before having a couple of questions answered.

William looking at the girl and smiling.....

William: darlin, how old are you?

Sarah: that's none of your business.

Gerald: humor him, pls.

Sarah: i'm 17 i'll be 18 next month.

William: you boyscout?

Unibeam annoyingly answers....

Unibeam: i'm 18.

Gerald: there, now you can leave.
they've answered your pointless questions.

William: i plan to but not before giving the kids a choice.
since i have confirmed my suspicions.

Gerlad: which are what?

William: you know damn well what i am refering to.
Kids, you can either back down live or not and be maimed or killed.
there will be no second chances, i plan on killing your "teacher."

Immediately Gerald gives his children the order to attack having worked together for a few years they attack as one, coordinating their attack in an attempt to kill William. William leaping out of the way avoids the TK blast from Unibeam only to be tackled by the one suffering from Gigantism pinning him to the ground.

Unibeam: Simian got him!

Simian: "1st rule, always be aware of your surroundings."

Gerald: tell me you're not impressed?
i used to think you were one of us but your not are you?

William: I'm not impressed.
and no, i'm not "one of you."

William having his hands pinned is forced to knee the individual exploiting the opportunity to flip him over... Immediately standing up he is hit by a Psi bolt from the girl which catches him off balance as his neurons flare up forcing his regen and nanites to repair the damage to his brain, William still staggering is slammed by a pillar of hard earth. These kids arent experienced nor trained warriors but with their powers they quickly make up the difference. William buried under a pile of soil struggles to break free gripping his rifle he explodes out soil flying every  which way as he opens fire on the youngest of the group.

Uniblast: Terran Man!

The kid immediately covers himself up in soil and silicon sand as the bullets impact his body, the bullets harmlessly impact with no discernible effect.. Immediately  the one with wings takes up into the sky and screams and creates high sonic clicks which impact William's body with the force of a cannonball while also screwing up his enhanced hearing. William raising his M4 as he takes aim only for it to shatter from the high frequency..

William: f#$%# me!

Uniblast: you can start with this!

Uniblast fires another devastating blast that impact's William right in the stomach sending him flying and skidding into the ground.

Sarah: you should have left when you had the chance, Mister!

Sarah lifts William with her TK into the air as she attempts to crush him within a vice grip. William grinding his teeth feels and fights off the pressure... Sarah begin's to bleed from her nose due to the intense concentration and William's refusal to die and accept the Telekinetic field as a reality. Both locked in a battle of wills on some etheral plane where Sarah would have the advantage with just about anyone else...

William: i dont know what you're trying to do Girly but you aint winning here...

Deep down William's savage side the animal that he keeps hidden begins to growl as it rages wishing to come out, Sarah's Telekinesis is simply an extension of her will and latent telepathic abilities makes her sensitive to the animal rage. She screams at the mental image of the wolf monster growling at her and attempting to attack her and rip her to shreds.

Sarah: aaahhhh!!

Unibeam: let him go, We'll take care of him!

The feed back causes a mild Tk shockwave which pushes everyone back and leaves Sarah drained... William not wanting to play anymore and the kids having made the choice he decides to use deadly force and not just go for maiming...

William: that's it i'm done screwing around!
you kids want t to be treated as soldiers than come on!

Unibeam: what you werent earlier?!

Uniblast fires another TK blast which tears the ground as William moves out of the way....

William: i was looking to incapacitate you but not anymore!

William angered and his hypersenses extended feels the incoming attack from Simian, immediately turning he pulls out his K-bar, ducking to avoid simian's jump as he slices and guts him in mid leap.

Uniblast: Simian!
Demon attack him!
Terran Man, grab his legs!

Demon in the air fires his sonic scream while Terran Man grips his legs with earth constructs, William throws his knife at Demon the alien metal not shattering nor deviating hits him square in the chest shocking to everyone as he falls to the ground. William not finish throws his grenades at Terran Man as they explode upon impact knocking him back the earth armor protecting him from the shrapnel and the deadly concussion but still knocking him out so close to his body. The smoke clears Uniblast and Sarah inside a TK bubble generated courtesy of Sarah as they look around through the pinkish force field the smoke clearing as they both try to see past it. Both in shock at the damage caused by this one man who walks through the smoke to stare at them as he dust himself off....

Uniblast: you killed them!
I'll kill you!!

William: doubtful, Junior.
i gave you all a chance an olive branch if yo will.
but, you kids are too stupid and arrogant to accept it.
especially when all the clues are smacking you in the face.

Uniblast: what clues?!

William: that the man you call your "Teacher" has bn using you for his own agenda and his own twisted needs..
isnt that right, Sarah?

Sarah: i dont know what you're talking about.

William: dont you now?
tell me how long have you had the hots for Sarah?
you guys an item, right or at least that's what she led you to believe.
i mean ask yourself, "does she have a lot of late one on one sessions with teach or what?"

Uniblast: i.. i.. i..
you're trying to confuse us..

William: no, i'm trying to get you to think for yourself.
i didnt want to tell you this and was hoping all this could have bn avoided but it's clear it cant.

Sarah: shut up!

William: tell him the truth Sarah.
you and the teach, i can smell it.
i have what you would call hyper senses i can smell various scents giving off by the body and you and teach are all over each other.

Uniblast: this cant be!

Sarah: i'm sorry, Chris(Uniblast)

Uniblast: is that why you never wanted to do it with me?
how long has this been going on?!

William: probably from the minute he brought her here.

Sarah he said he loved me!

William: stupid kids, guess it's not all your fault his mental abilities and all.

Sarah: you're lying !
he would never do that!
i would know!

William: sure you would.
i guess it's normal for a 16-17 year old girl to fall in love and have sexual relations with a bald, egocentric crippled 50 year old man.
what was it that did it for you, his powers, money, his good looks..

Sarah: you're destroying everything!

Uniblast: you can all die!
i hate you all!

Uniblast's power begin to cause a form of gravity field  levitating the debri around them as he gets angry and builds up his Tk blast.,, Sarah frighten backs away from him as she lowers her force field around them and wraps it around herself.... Gerald tries to command uniblast from the safety of the house but is unable to get through due to the psionic static Uniblast is radiating..... Sarah begging for forgiveness as she watches in horror at the one person who legitimately loved her and who she betrayed, the horror of being used by her and Gerald, and his friends killed is all too much for Uniblast to handle.

William quietly watches Uniblast firing on Sarah while she struggles to push back the blast while William unholsters his sidearm taking aim and firing at Uniblast's head only for the TK field to halt the bullets..

Sarah: pls, stop!
dont do this!
I'm sorry!

Uniblast: you're sorry?!
you're sorry?! that's all you can say?!

Sarah: dropping on her knees she begins to cry as she tugs at his pants.

Uniblast: it's to late for begging or are you just getting in a more comfortable position?!

William: oh, Hell!
i should have killed this kid 1st chance i had.

William immediately runs and attempts to tackle Uniblast only to be slowed down by the TK gravity field both william and Uniblast locked in a battle of wills as William attempt to break through while mildly suspended in a jelly like substance of TK energy. Uniblast grinding his teeth fighting off William and never having harnessed so much energy in his life, all he knows is he wants to kill everyone. William skin begins to peel off his muscles exposed as his nanites begin to slowly convert his muscle tissue into a gold like material, Uniblast fires at William's chest ripping off the covering and revealing the gold plate beneath it.

Unibeam: why wont you die?!

William: arrghh! i dont know how!

William pulling out his knife as he uses it to slice through the TK shield the alien metal some how able to pierce it and move unhindered. William skin peeling off leaving behind  large exposed areas of gold muscle tissue  which allows him to  finally  walk through and slice Uniblast's throat.. Uniblast attempts to scream only to gargle on his own blood, William seeing Sarah still in terror and too close to them forces himself  to cover  Uniblast who releases a Tk explosion in hopes of absorbing the brunt of the explosion. The TK wave still managing to flare out although weaken knocks out Sarah behind her shield causing another feedback permanently frying her powers while also having a similar effect on Gerald.

William in the crater staggering to get up falling over while wounded and bleeding internally, his body attempting to repair itself...

William: they should have definitely just dropped the damn nuke....(lying down facing up)
I'm gonna definitely be hungry after this.

William finally sufficiently healed gets up from the crater as he climbs out and heads toward the unconscious body of Gerald, his infrared telling him he still lives able to see the heat and hot blood pulsing and cool lungs pumping... William kicks Gerald in the legs forgetting he cant feel it.

William: get up, Gerald.
we need to have words.

Gerald being shaken finally wake up and the 1st sight he sees is William standing over him.

Gerald: what are you?
are you one of us or not?

William: told you before, i'm not.
i'm a man, i dont need to define myself anymore than that.
Gerald, what did you steal from the pentagon where did you get the money?

Gerald: i was just protecting my children(cough)..

William: i would have believed  you, i would have left you in peace if i didnt know better.
If you hadnt used the girl.

you might have had noble intentions at 1st but it was never up to you nor did you have the right to manipulate others to achieve your goals let alone to seduce and rape a young girl.

Gerald: i didnt rape her, i loved her.

William: saying it doesnt make it so..

Gerald: what about you?
what you do so much different from me?
you kill, murder others because you're paid, how is that better than me?

William bending on one knee as he lifts Gerald with on arm and with the other hand placing it under his chin as his claws grow out and severes his artery watching him die as the blood drains from his body.

William: maybe there is no difference in the end......
but i got to draw the line somewhere.....

William looking around the battle field he sees Sarah and Terran Man unconscious while Simian appears to still be alive and only wounded, gathering the remaining kids he takes them inside the house deciding what he should do with them.................. staring at the phone he contemplates his decision realizing that what he did here this day will have far reaching consequences that he can only guess at.

The End........

.............................................................................................................................