Avatar image for captainlantern76
CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Hello, everyone.

It is a continuation of the Calvin and Hobbes comic strips, and it also expands on the strip's world; namely, Calvin's family and school reputation and Hobbes' past. This chapter is merely an intro to a friend from Hobbes' past – the real adventures will begin next chapter.

Enjoy!

Rating: PG

Genre: Humor/Friendship

Series: Calvin and Hobbes

Disclaimer: I do not own Calvin and Hobbes. Bill Watterson. I do, however, own the OC introduced in the story.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Freedom! FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" Calvin said as he ran off the school bus.

"And six straight hours until bedtime to take everything I've learned and throw it out the window"

He continued to run to his house.

When he was on the doorstep, he stopped and opened the door.

"I'M HOME"

Hobbes sprang up and pounced him.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Calvin yelled.

After a second or two, they hit the ground.

"Aw, we didn't land very far today" Hobbes said in disappointment. "No worry, though. Tomorrow will be better".

Hobbes ran back to the house.

'When will I ever learn?' A scratched up Calvin thought to himself as he walked back to his house.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Calvin's mom sighed as she saw Calvin come in the house.

"Calvin, are you getting into fights at school?"

"No! I keep telling you, Mom – my tiger pounces on me every day when I come home".

His mom rolled her eyes.

"Honey, I am your mother. You can tell me if you're getting beat up at school"

"Mom, this isn't an excuse. Hobbes really DOES pounce on me after school. We need to set up a tiger trap".

"We will have a talk about this soon, Calvin."

"Whatever"

Calvin began walking up the stairs when his mom said something that made him stop.

"You have a package from Uncle Max"

He got excited. "Uncle Max sent me something?! YES!"

"He's going on a monthlong vacation to Europe in two days and won't be able to make it to your birthday party, so he's sending you his present now. It's up in your room."

"Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy"

Calvin ran up to his room to see the package on his bed.

Calvin got a pencil and used it to get the tape off box. He was about to open it when he noticed 3 small holes on one side of the package. Ignoring it, he opened the package and then a creature got out of the package, taking a deep beath.

"Finally! I had to poke three holes into the box just to get SOME air!"

It was a male lion, slightly shorter than Hobbes, but with the same build. He turned around to see Calvin.

"Hello, kid. I am Leo."

"Greetings, Leo. My name is Calvin".

"Well, nice to meet you, Calvin"

"So, an lion from Africa. This will be new".

"Actually, I am an African/Asian lion hybrid".

Leo looked around the room.

"So this is where I'm living now, eh? Nice place".

"I wonder what Hobbes what will think of you"

"….Hobbes? Is he a tiger? Is he usually reluctant for adventure?"

Calvin's eyes widened.

"Y-y-yes, he is. What are you, a mind reader?"

"This is a good sign!"

Calvin raised an eyebrow.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

News Reporter: And sightings of the "Ligerman" of Centerville continue as three college students claimed to have taken a couple pictures of this alleged beast attacking and killing a full-grown moose….

Hobbes was lying on the couch as this program went on, just beginning to take a nap.

"*snore…..*…..*snore*…..*snore*…..*snore*"

"WAKE UUUUUP!"

Hobbes screamed and immediately got up.

"Calvin, what the heck, man?"

"Hobbes, I'd like you to meet our new roommate Leo."

"'Leo'"

"That voice…" Leo said. "I recognize that voice….Hobbes, it IS you! You are alive!"

Leo happily hugged Hobbes in joy.

"I thought you were dead! We all thought you were dead! I even went into a depression afterwards. Don't your remember our adventures?"

"What adventures? I don't even know you!" Hobbes responded.

Leo let go and stood in shock.

"Don't deny it!"

"No, I don't remember you. In fact, I don't remember anything before this one moment where I fell off some cliff and hit my head."

"Great. Amnesia. Darnit! Don't worry, old friend. We'll find a way to restore your memories."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

God, I don't think that was very good. Don't worry, next chapter will be MUCH better.

And before any of you complain – I don't actually believe Hobbes has amnesia and no memory of his past in the strips themselves. That's just for this story's continuity. I know the leading theories of Hobbes' existence involve magic and imagination, but here it will involve science. I really don't care whether it's science, magic, or imagination that allows Hobbes to be the way he is – but for the sakes of this story, science will prevail.

Avatar image for captainlantern76
CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Oh, and Chapter 2:

Hobbes and Leo were sitting on Calvin's bed, with Hobbes ready to confront this stranger who claimed to be from his past.

"So, lion. What role do you supposedly play in my past?" Hobbes asked Leo

"Old friend, we go a long way….we used to be best buddies, members of a ragtag team. We've known each other since we were cubs.'"

"Okay then…" Hobbes said reluctantly. "If we've been 'best buddies since we were cubs', please explain how we met."

"My pleasure, Hobbes"

*flashback begins*

15 years ago

Yellowstone National Park

A young Leo is wandering around, near a hot spring.

"I was walking through Yellowstone, afraid. Earlier that morning, I had found my parents – well, I found their bodies. Something had killed them while I was sleep – to this day, I haven't found the culprit"

The cub sees a small group of bison.

"I was left to fend for myself, and I was very hungry"

Leo begins to stalk a young bison calf.

"I got desperate – I did not realize what I was getting myself into"

Leo ran, sprung up, and attacked the calf.

However, its mother was around, and was not going to lets it baby die.

Leo saw the mother bison charging at him, and he made a run for it.

The bison kept chasing and chasing Leo, until Leo managed to climb up a tree to get away from the buffalo.

"After a few minutes, the buffalo left"

Leo waited until the bison was far enough, and got down the tree and headed in the opposite direction.

"I was almost starving at this point, and then I saw what I thought was food"

Leo saw some kind of creature, and began stalking it.

However, upon closer inspection, he noticed something different about this animal. It looked like a tiger – one about Leo's age. And it was walking upright, with a sad expression on his face. Leo was curious.

He approached the tiger cub.

"Um…hello" Leo said to the cub.

The tiger cub looked at him and was startled.

"H-hi?" he said reluctantly.

"Are you okay?" Leo asked.

"*sniff* No…" the tiger said, followed by a deep sigh.

"W-wha happened?"

"Now, Hobbes, you told me what had just happened, and…*sigh* I don't think you're ready to hear about that just yet. It'd be too sudden"

"Um….why?"

"Just please trust me on this – I'll tell you about it at a later time"

"Yeah, right. TELL ME!"

"Listen – you should learn more about your past before you hear this"

"….*sigh*…."

"….wow. I haven't been doing too good myself. I woke up this morning to find my parents dead"

"R-really?"

Leo nodded. "I'll tell you about it. My name's Leo" he said, holding out his hand.

"I'm Hobbes" the tiger said, shaking Leo's hand.

*flashback ends*

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Shortly afterward, we left Yellowstone and began traveling across the world – I remember you were opposed to a lot of our adventures. And over the years, we met several other animals who eventually joined us – a gorilla named Isaac, a panda named Ralph, a wolf named Stephanie, a boa named Ayn, a flamingo named Giotto….and then that day came.

Hobbes raised an eyebrow.

*flashback*

1 year ago

A top secret lab hidden deep in the woods

"You and I had just been caught by a group of mad scientists, who kidnapped us and were going to perform experiments on us"

Leo and Hobbes were caged up.

Leo was panicking. "Oh my God – where are the others?! They should've came here to rescue us already!"

"Calm down, Leo" Hobbes said. "We can get out of here on our own"

"But how?!"

"Leo, you've forced us into putting up with worse stuff, and we've gotten out of those situations just fine".

They heard a door being unlocked, and a bearded, well-built man who looked to be in his mid-forties came into the room. He took Leo's arm. Leo struggled to break free, but the man's grip was too strong.

"Alright…." the man said as he prepared to take a DNA sample from Leo, "Let's see what kind of creatures you freaks really are."

Hobbes sighed, unleashed his claws, and sunk them into the man's arm. Then he punched the man in the special place, and then in the face, knocking him out.

"Uh…" Leo said, embarrassed. "I was totally just going to do that" he said.

"Sure you were" Hobbes said, rolling his eyes.

"In retrospect, I feel stupid for not thinking of it sooner"

He reached for the man's keys. Once he had them, he unlocked the cage.

"Alright, let's get out of here" Hobbes said.

"Wait!" Leo said. "What about that security camera"

Leo was pointing at a security camera on the opposite side of the room.

"If we're lucky, there's no one in the security room monitoring the cameras"

Suddenly, an alarm went off.

"Okay, less talking, more running!"

Leo and Hobbes made a run for it, and found 6 security guards in their path.

One of them tried to tase Hobbes, but he grabbed the taser and tased the security guard.

The others charged at Hobbes and Leo, but Leo used his claws on them, followed by Hobbes tasing them.

One of them grabbed the taser from Hobbes hand, but Leo sunk his claws into the man's back, followed by Hobbes grabbing the taser from the man and using it on him.

More security guards came, and so did some scientists.

Hobbes and Leo continued to make a run for it.

"Alright, let's get out of here" Leo said.

"Not yet!" Hobbes responded "They do have footage of us from those survelliance cameras, you know. We have destroy their only proof that we exist"

"And how do you propose we do that?" Leo asked

"When we were being taken in here, I saw a room with a bunch of weapons, including hand grenades. I have no idea what these people need with them, but we can use those"

"Oh, how convenient"

So Hobbes and Leo kept running in an attempt to search for the room, while being chased by security guards and scientists.

It did not take long for the two to find the room. They saw various kinds of guns, and then Hobbes spotted a grenade launcher.

Before they could grab it, however, the security guards and scientists arrived in the room.

"Okay, let's deal with these jerks first" Hobbes said.

And so they attacked the people chasing them. They used the same strategy, with Leo mauling them and Hobbes tasing them.

After a few minutes, they were all down.

"Okay, grab the grenade launcher!" Leo yelled.

Hobbes grabbed it and they went to look for the surveillance room.

"Do you remember seeing it, Hobbes?"

"Yeah, it's just around this corner"

They made a turn and saw the surveillance room just up ahead. They stopped a few feet away from the room.

Hobbes opened the door and then backed away several feet.

"Alright, Leo. As soon as we blow this room up, we get the heck out of here"

So Hobbes fired several rifle grenades at the room, blowing all the stuff there up.

After firing one more, Hobbes found that he was out of grenades.

"Okay, let's go!"

Hobbes dropped the gun and he and Leo made a run for the exit.

"Quick question, Hobbes"

"Yes"

"How do you think we'll be able to run fast enough so that these guys can't catch up with us"

"…."

As soon as Leo and Hobbes went outside, they saw several cars.

Leo gave Hobbes a look that said 'Let's drive our way out of here'

"Um, Leo, neither of us know how to drive"

"Well, it's the fastest way out of there"

Hobbes sighed deeply.

"We don't have car keys, Leo"

"…Crap. Now how do we get out of here?"

"Oh, I don't know Leo…how about we RUN?!"

Leo and Hobbes made a quick run for it as more security guards and scientists exited the building.

Hobbes looked back and saw them getting into the cars.

The two big cats had to run as fast as they could now.

"Oh no! How are we going to outrun them?" Leo asked with a panicked look on his face.

Hobbes looked back again and saw they found that a Jeep Wrangler was catching up with them rather quickly.

They ran faster than they ever had before, but it wasn't fast enough.

Suddenly, Hobbes felt a lasso around his body, and looked at Leo, only to see that he, too, had been lassoed.

Two of the scientists came out of the Jeep and hogtied them. They carried the cats and put them at the back of the jeep.

Leo sighed deeply as the car started and they were off back to the building.

"You stupid little freaks are really gonna get it for your little stunt" one of the scientists said. "Each of you is gonna get a dozen 'lashes"

"Lashes?" Leo whispered to Hobbes in confusion.

"He means we're going to get whipped"

Leo wanted to scream at that moment.

After a minute of silence, Hobbes had an idea. Leo was confused as Hobbes grinned menacingly.

"Idiots" Hobbes murmured to himself.

Leo was shocked to see that Hobbes hands were free.

"Thank God for claws" Hobbes whispered to himself. He then used his claws to free his legs.

Leo, feeling stupid again, did the same.

"Hey, Arnold! 'Dem cats have freed themselves!" a scientist in the passenger seat said, looking at Hobbes and Leo

Said scientist made an impulsive move and attacked Hobbes and Leo.

Hobbes slashed the man in the face with his claws and threw him off the jeep.

"Oh, you stupid sons of –"

Leo sunk his claws into another scientist's leg. Arnold punched Leo in the face, knocking him out of the car.

Arnold grabbed a gun and pointed it at Hobbes.

"I've had just enough of you!"

Hobbes tried to slash the man, but he dodged it.

Hobbes and the scientist struggled for a bit, being evenly matched.

Meanwhile, Leo just got up, and looked back at the jeep. It was off the road and heading towards a cliff.

"Hobbes" he said as he looked in horror

Back on the jeep, Hobbes and Arnold continued to struggle, until they realized that the car was still moving.

They both looked up to see that the car was heading towards a cliff.

"Oh sh – "

Hobbes tried to get off, but it was too late. The jeep fell of the cliff.

"NOOOOO!" Leo yelled as he saw the car fall.

He got to the edge and looked down. 'It's not a very big cliff' he thought to himself. 'Maybe they'll survive'

The car disappeared into some trees, but Leo could see the explosion.

Leo shed a tear.

"Hobbes…."

He walked away sorrowfully.

*flashback ends*

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"For a moment, I was too busy thinking of all the fun we had over the last several years to remember that I was being hunted. But after I remembered, I ran as fast as I could. I remember, after finally losing them, just sitting on a rock and sobbing softly for, like, 15 minutes or somewhere around there. The others found me, and I told them about your apparent demise. They were equally heartbroken. You were the heart of our group, Hobbes. It wasn't the same without you. After some discussion, we decided to go our separate ways"

Hobbes and Leo looked at each other for a moment. Then Leo spoke up.

"Hobbes, you said you remember falling off a cliff and hitting your head. Do you remember how on Earth you survived?"

"….Well, I do remember jumping out of some car just before it was going to fall. I remember falling into this tree and hitting my head, hard, on several branches, and then hitting my head on some rock, and then I found myself caught in an explosion. I guess I survived out of sheer luck. And I do remember seeing a smoldering corpse in the car. That's all I remember before wandering around until I saw this nice tuna sandwhich, finding out it was a trap, and meeting Calvin."

"So you believe me?" Leo asked

"Yeah, you've convinced me. Now let me ask you a question, Leo. How did Calvin's Uncle Max find you?"

"I'm tired of talking, so I'll make this quick. Long story short, I found myself in a suburban neighborhood, using my stuffed toy disguise whenever someone came walking by, when some dude picked me up, seeing me as a stuffed toy, and decided to sell me at his garage sale. I guess that 'Uncle Max' dude was the one who bought me."

"I see…."

"I'll tell you more about your past later, Hobbes. I want to know more about this 'Calvin' kid. From what I've seen, the dude considers himself a genius and has these inventions that he must think actually work. I humbled him"

"Oh, his inventions actually work"

Leo had a shocked look on his face

"W-what?!"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

'Yes, this is a place'

A tiger was standing in front of Calvin's house.

He had the same built as Hobbes, he was the same height and weight, and his facial structures were the same. But instead of being orange with black stripes, he was black with dark gray stripes. And his paws, belly, and face were a light shade of gray, not white.

He had a picture in his hand. He looked at it, then back at the house.

'Yep, same address. Time to get back that artifact' the tiger thought.

He looked at the windows to see if anyone was home. He saw a figure stand up in one of the rooms, and it looked like a lion.

'Leo…' the tiger thought, growling.

Then he saw another figure – this one looked like a tiger. The tiger looked very, very familiar. Then Dark Hobbes gasped.

'H-Hobbes?!'

The tiger grinned.

'This just got a whole lot better'

The tiger heard something, and ran to the side of the house.

He saw a young boy with blonde, spiky hair being chased by a girl who looked to be the same age as the boy, and was soaking wet.

He watched as the girl beat the living crap out of the boy for several minutes.

When the girl left, the boy was covered in scratches and bruises.

The boy didn't notice a black stuffed tiger toy as he walked towards the house.

'Huh. The boy must live here'

"This is real nice" the boy said. "If Hobbes wasn't with that lion, he might've been able to help me"

'H-he knows!'

Then the tiger grinned menacingly, and followed the boy.

As the boy was about to open the door, the tiger grabbed the boy.

"Hey! What are you do – "

The tiger covered the boy's mouth before he could finish.

"Shut up!" the tiger said "I just have to deal with some old friends."

The tiger looked around until he saw two rocks and, still carrying the boy, grabbed them. He looked in the windows to see if anyone was home, and saw a tall brunette woman in the living room.

He opened the front door and quickly threw the two rocks at the woman's head, making her fall to the floor. He checked to see if she were still conscious.

She groaned, and the tiger kicked her hard in the face, knocking her out.

He was losing his grip on the boy.

He quietly went in the kitchen to look for duct tape. He opened one of the drawers and saw exactly what he was looking for.

He put some on the boy's mouth. He let the boy down and began wrapping duct tape all over the boy's body.

He picked up the boy and went upstairs.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"And this inven-"

Hobbes and Leo were startled by the door being kicked open.

"Hello, old friends" the tiger shouted

"Oh no" Leo said

"Nice to see you're alive, Hobbes!"

"Who are you?!" Hobbes yelled back

"Don't pretend you don't know me! And Leo, you know what this about! Give me the artifact now and the kid doesn't get hurt!"

Calvin was trying to scream, but couldn't since there was duct tape over his mouth.

"Leo who is this guy?" Hobbes asked.

"Hobbes, that is your evil clone"

"..."

"He goes by the name 'Dark Hobbes'"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

And that concludes Chapter Two.

Yep, this is the first part of a three-parter in this fic. And yeah, there was a lot talking, and, while there will be some more exposition in the next chapter, there will also be more action, and what's going on here will be elaborated on.

(btw, the bold "X's" are like dividers for the sections of the chapters)