The leap #4

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

"There is no such thing as superheroes."

Josef couldn't believe how stupid he had been. It had been so obvious what the cat-guy wanted. He was some lonely jerk who had made a costume and now wanted to play cops and robbers in real life. And the sick %¤/& wanted him to play as well.

"Yeah there is." the cat-guy said patiently.

"No, really, there is no such thing as-"

"I'm wearing a mask, right?"

"Yes, but-"

"AND I'm dressed like a bright-colored bullseye."

"Well, you are very-"

"I saved you from those guys the other day, didn't I"

"... Yes, and thank you for tha-"

"And I can enter you house through a window, even though you live on fourth floor. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a-"

"Okay, fine, FINE! You are a superhero. One of those not-powered ones..."

"We prefer the term; badass normals."

Factories could be filled up with rat's asses Josef didn't give about what term he preferred. "... Yeah, well... Fine. You exist. Let's just say you are a superhero. Fine. But power superheroes doesn't exist."

"I know they exist."

"Well, that's the funny thing about being wrong; you think you are right."

"I'm always right unless you are wrong."

"Dear god..." Josef covered his face in his hands. "I'm trying to talk sense with... you."

"How do you know?"

"What?"

"How do you know that there is no superheroes?"

"What? Well, I... I just know. Everyone knows! No one has seen a superhero, so there's that."

"So?"

"... So, no one has seen a superhero, which means that there are no one in the real world. End of story!"

"Have you ever seen a million dollars?"

"... What? What does that have to do with-"

"A million dollars. In cash. Have you seen that much money?"

"No, how should I have seen-"

"But you know that a million bucks exist, right?"

"... Look, I don't want to discuss this with you! People can't fly, or shoot ice out of their eyes, or blow up houses with their mind! END OF STORY!"

"Well, that's the funny thing about being wrong; you think you are right."

"... Leave me alone. Please, just... Just leave me alone."

"Alright." The cat-guy took his coat and hat, preparing to leave. "But one question, and you don't have to answer right away: How do you know Amy Imanla?"

"None of your damn business!"

"Just think about it." The cat-guy said, as he when out of the window and disappeared into the night.

...................................................................................................................................

"Where the heck is the coffee?"

Josef had been lost in his own thoughts as Amy approached him. It was usually him who got coffee for them, but he had been... distracted.

"Hmm? Oh, OH... I'm sorry, Amy. I was just... sorry, it's just..."

Amy raised a eyebrow. "It's not that weird guy you told me about, is it? You DID call the police, right?"

"Yes, they took him to a clinic of some sort." Josef surprised himself. He usually giggled nervously when he tried to lie. "Amy... can I ask you something?"

"Sure." She took seat next to him on the bench. "What is the problem?"

"Amy... how long have we known each other?"

"Eh? Oh, well..." Amy hesitated. She blew up her cheeks, while looking up at the sky, as if she hoped looking like a frog would make god help her think faster. "... I... don't know. A while. Why?"

"Do you remember when we met? How we met?"

"Hmm... no."

"Me neither. I can't remember when I met you or where I know you from. Isn't that odd?"

"I don't know. I- I suppose. I think that's just... life, you know? Things get kinda hazy."

"... That's it? You don't find it odd that we are best friends, yet we don't how we met? You don't think that it's insane that we have no idea how we met each other?"

"Well, it is kinda-"

"No, it's REALLY weird!"

"... Josef..."

"Seriously, HOW could we know each other?! We didn't attend the same school, we never worked at the same workplace, we don't have any mutual friends..."

"Josef, stop."

"We don't even share the same kind of interest! We have practically nothing in common. There is no way I can figure out how we even got to be introduced. What, we just past each other on the street and was all like; hey, we should hang out!"

"Josef, I mean it! You make me uncomfortable!"

"WHY?! How come every time I try to figure out how my life is, it's like there is a... a big black hole where... something should-"

"Josef! SHUT UP!"

Josef looked at Amy. She looked... worried, confused. He heard muttering and whispering, and after noticing that people who walked by were looking at them, he realize that he was making a scene in public.

"Josef..." Amy cleared her throat. "... You just make a big deal out of nothing. Yeah, I'm a vegetarian who are obsessed with video-games, and you practically worship meat and watch pretty much ever movie with Maggie Smith in it. We have little in common. But plenty of people are friends even though they don't have anything in common. So we don't remember how we met. Big deal! I think you just need a day in bed, that you are overworked. Can you afford a sick leave?"

"... Yeah... I... I guess you are right." Josef sighed. "I'm pretty sure I can call in sick. Haven't had a sick leave since... ever."

"You do that. %#&=!" Amy took a glans at her phone and rolled her eyes. "I'm gonna be late!"

As she left, Josef wondered if this was the kind of behavior you expected before a guy lost it and bought himself a jade-colored giraffe mask.

.............................................................................................................................

Tonight, Josef decided not to go to sleep. He turned on the television in order to keep himself awake. This time, he was going to be awake when the cat-guy came. Luckily, there was a really stupid(but scary as sh%t) horror movie in the tube about a future where crime were legal, so that SOMEHOW solved all the world's problems because of... reasons.

"Man, and I thought Pearl Harbor was a bad film!"

Josef turned off the telly. His guest had arrived, and somehow sneaked into the house without making a sound.

"So..." Josef gave the blasted pink mask a grave stare. "I made an ass out of myself in front of my best friend with a street full of strangers as audience. Happy now?"

"Sort answer: Yes. The long answer is a no followed by a but."

Josef raised an eyebrow. "... What kind of... but?"

"A long story. Wanna hear it?"

To be continued...

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jackalantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@waezi2: Thanks! I'll read it soon.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@waezi2: Still likin' it. Call me out for the next one.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still clickin' with it. lol Amy was a plot device, just not the kind I was thinking of.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Stahlflamme

Purge... PURGE?! Yeah, that was pretty stupid...

I like your story, though.

Also, "... Yeah, well... Fine. You exist. Let's just say you are a superhero. Fine. But power superheroes doesn't exist." I'm not a native english speaker, but is this correct?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@waezi2: He, actually you can blow things up with your mind, you could use neural pulses to charge a detanator. Love the series BTW keep it coming

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Are you kidding, or is that a real thing? If so, can I edit the chap so the cat-guy says that?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: It theoretically could be done but would take weeks, maybe months, to accomplish

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"A long story. Wanna hear it?",

Yes I most definitely want to hear it.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: Would you like the a link to the other chaps?

@impurestcheese: So, not an ideal way to blow sh%t up X)

@flumox56:I hope you won't be disappointed by the revelation.

Also, next chapter(and the final) should be ready tomorrow, and it will be revealed why the series name is "the leap"

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Not really, it's only Composition-4 that requires an electrical chsrge to detonate I believe

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Stahlflamme

@waezi2 said:

@stahlflamme: Would you like the a link to the other chaps?

@impurestcheese: So, not an ideal way to blow sh%t up X)

@flumox56:I hope you won't be disappointed by the revelation.

Also, next chapter(and the final) should be ready tomorrow, and it will be revealed why the series name is "the leap"

Yup.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: Here ya go.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/the-leap-1-1751511/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/the-leap-2-1751746/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/the-leap-3-1752292/#23

Jackalantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: I'm liking the memory loss...cat guy is still hilarious too!

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Semtex can also be detonated by electrical charge. Both C4 and Semtex an be detonated using a blasting cap or detonation cord (DetCord) which is essentially one long flexible blasting cap. For anyone who gives a poop.