The League of Avenging Gentleman

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

Edited By HeckTate

This is a story idea I created for an off-topic forum the other day (link) which is essentially a League of Extraordinary Gentleman fan-fic. I've decided to take a page out of Marvel's Lazy Titling Book and just call it the Avenging Gentleman for now, but that's subject to change. I've got nothing new to add to the story from the other day, but the idea got stuck in my head and I'd kind of like to actually write this story. So if you viners could do me a favor and read this, let me know what you think and if you'd like to see me (or if not), and I'll actually take some suggestions as far as characters, settings, plot points you'd like to see (especially strong, interesting, female characters, I'm kind of sparse in that department for this time period). Without further ado, here's my synopsis for the League of Avenging Gentleman:

Setting: The early 20th century, in a world very different from our own.

Cast:

Sherlock Holmes (Obviously the leader, how could he not be?)

Jack the Ripper (Skilled close quarters fighter with mysterious motives of his own)

Dracula (Master of the Night, knowledge of the occult, immune to most forms of attack)

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (Skilled ranged fighters and covert operatives, but easily bought, never fully trusted)

A young Amelia Earhart (Engineer specializing in re-purposed Martian [see below] technology, transportation, and communications)

General Tarzan and Queen Jane (Much more savage versions of their original selves, they unified the animals of the South American [I know the books say Africa] to fight against the Martian invasion [see below]

Pre-Story Synopsis:

At the end of the 19th century the world faced a devastating crisis as a Martian invasion similar to that of War of the Worlds occurred. However, the Martians were not defeated by a virus, they were beaten back only with a combined effort of the world's military forces and intelligence experts, leading to the creation of an invasive global security force known as the Global Defensive Alliance (GDA). The GDA was successful in disabling Martian communications, and destroying, downing, or seizing most of their ships, leading to a boom of technology well ahead of it's time, but the Martians maintained footholds in Australia, South East Asia, and South Africa.

In the early 20th century with the world just recovering from these events, the cults of the Elder Gods begin to rise to power after centuries of laying low. They start gathering historical artifacts from top-secret facilities under examination in the wake of the Martian invasion because of their otherworldly qualities. When Holmes and his trusty partner Dr. Watson are called in by the GDA to investigate, they are ambushed by cultists with powers even Holmes had not predicted. He narrowly escapes with his life, thanks only to Watson's noble sacrifice.

Holmes realizes that in order to defeat this enemy and avenge Watson's death he must assemble a team of experts which would never be found working with the GDA. A team of rebels and deviants whose knowledge would have forced them into hiding.