The Green Dragoon

PrinceMarvel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is a story idea that I have started working on that combines elements of DC's Green Lantern, with the movies Dragonheart and Eragon.

Fire this story their will be seven different types of dragons, each classified by a color (although the drains themselves may not necessarily be that color), and each class of dragon has a different ability that they can pass on to a knight.

The red dragons can give a knight the power to control fire.

The orange dragon can give a knight the power to control earth.

The yellow dragon can give a knight the power to control air.

The green dragon can give a knight the power to control plants

The blue dragon can give a knight the power to control water.

The indigo dragon can give a knight the power to control ether.

And the people dragon can give a knight the power to control men (telepathy).

The way a knight receives this power was inspired by Dragonheart. If a knight is found worthy when they die in battle, the dragon share their heart with the knight, granting the knight one of the seven powers listed above and immortality like in Dragonheart.

Then the relationship between knight and dragon is more like that of Eragon add opposed to Dragonheart.

What I would like is opinions on the power sets. I based them off the four classic elements. Splitting earth between earth and plants to have an additional power. Since people is considered to be the color of royalty, I decided to go with telepathy (I may also include telekinesis and teleportation with that). Then I decided to use the 'fifth' element for indigo (I'm not exactly sure what a person can do with the power to control the ether, but what I understand is that it's like chi.)

Any opinions?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@princemarvel: I suppose your spellcheck messed something up for you, but the color for controlling men is "purple," not "people." People are the men being controlled by the power of purple. ;)

I think it's a workable idea, but it needs one small fix: from Dragonheart, it's not only the worthy that can receive the dragon's power from the heart. The whole plot of one of those movies was about an evil man trying to get half of the dragon's heart. If you make it only the worthy, you'll have a hard time finding anyone to challenge your heroes.

Try it and see what you come up with. :)