The Ghost at the Institute Part 2 (X-Men Fan Fic)

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Title: The Ghost at the Institute Part 2

Author: Rabbitearsblog

Universe: X-Men

Rating: T - some graphic imagery.

Summary: When a strange ghost starts terrorizing the students at the Institute, it's up to Beast, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Kitty Pryde to save the day!

Notes: This is my first major story for the X-Men, so feel free to enjoy it and be gentle with the criticisms!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3: The White Ghost Attacks!

Later that night, all of the X-Men and the students were sleeping, but in one room, Kitty Pryde sat up in her bed thinking about the student who was affected by the ghost and how in the world such a ghost exists in this world.

“I still can’t over this weird feeling I have. About everything that has happened today. I mean, ghosts? Come on, they don’t exist,” Kitty thought to herself. Kitty turned over and yawned, “Well, until we could do something about that poor student, hopefully things will make more sense in the morning.” Kitty turned off her light and tried to go to sleep.

In the next room, Piotr Rasputin was laying awake, thinking about the events of today and said to himself, “A ghost? How can such a strange thing happen here? I cannot help myself, but this situation makes me feel truly uncomfortable…like what happened that day,” Piotr said to himself worriedly. Piotr then turned around in his bed and fell asleep.

In another room, Kurt Wagner was pacing the roof of his room, wondering about the troubling situation that awaits them ahead, “Dear God, who would have thought that such a supernatural force would have existed in this world. We best be on our toes to prepare ourselves for this event.” Kurt then leaped down from the roof of his room and went to bed.

Deep in the middle of the night, the white mist was lurking among the hallways of the Institute, seeking out a fresh prey to feed upon. Once the mist got through halfway through the hall, it comes upon a door that is labeled “Armor” and it starts seeping underneath the door. Hisako Ichiki, codename ARMOR, was sleeping contently in her bed when the white mist lingered around the door and transformed into the same large white figure from before. The large white figure than crept quietly towards Hisako and once it got closer to the bed, it started to tower over Hisako’s bed. It was then that Hisako started to feel a chill in the air while snug in her bed and so, she started to rise in her bed, rubbed her eyes and stood up to come face to face with a face covered in blue hair. Hisako and the white figure stared at each other for a few minutes…until suddenly, the white figure let out a terrifying scream, showing its face which was distorted and skinless towards Hisako who also let out a terrified scream. Hisako tried to transform into her armored form, but found that she could not transform, so she kicked the white figure in the face and tried to run out of the room, but the white figure grabbed her by the arm! Hisako struggled to get free from the white figure’s grip but found that she could not and she thought that she was a goner until Kitty Pryde, hearing Hisako’s cries, phased through the wall and punched the white figure in the face causing the white figure to let go of Hisako. While the white figure was recovering, Piotr suddenly charged into the room in his steel form and smashed the door to pieces to see what the trouble was. Hisako was still trying to get away from the white figure when a smell of brimstone came in the room and Kurt came and teleported Hisako away from the room and into a safe place. Kitty, Piotr and Kurt then stood in front of the white figure while the frightening figure was trying to recover from all the punches it received. The white figure then hissed in a frightening manner and started to wave its hands around itself frantically.

“Alright, this ghost is starting to get on my nerves,” hissed Kitty.

“We must defeat this ghost as soon as possible,” said Piotr.

“Yes, the sooner we defeat this ghost, the bet---“

Suddenly, Kurt, Piotr and Kitty found themselves stuck to the ground and also discover something extremely terrible.

“Our powers! They’re gone!” yelped Kitty.

The three X-Men tried to get themselves free, but they could not and the white figure came charging at them at full force until a strange blue ray shot out from the doorway and strikes the white figure in the chest. The white figure let out a cry of terror and yells out in a voice of a thousand insects:

“DEATH!! YOU WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF DEATH SOON ENOUGH!!”

Then the white figure turned into white mist and swirled out of the window of the room.

Kurt, Piotr and Kitty stood confused about where the blue ray came from and then out stepped Beast from the doorway.

“Hank! What was that laser ray you’ve just shoot?” Kurt asked.

“It’s a power neutralizer ray gun, a gun that can neutralize the powers of supernatural beings. I’ve just made it in my spare time while I was tinkering with the possibilities of stopping supernatural beings with supernatural powers that could wipe us out in a nanosecond.”

“But our powers! What will become of our powers?” said Piotr.

“Don’t worry. It appears that after I had run some tests on the student who was affected by the ghost; his powers seem to come back within twenty-four hours, so your powers will return soon enough,” stated Hank.

“Great. Now we have to wait a whole day before our powers come back,” said Kitty grumpily.

“This is good actually. It should give us enough time to come up with a plan to defeat this ghost once and for all so that it would not harm anymore students. The ghost might come back to the Institute to take another student again. Are you ready for this?” asked Hank.

“I’m ready!” said Kitty.

“I’m in!” said Piotr.

“Count me in also!” said Kurt.

“Alright! Let’s get down to ghost business shall we?” said Hank.

Chapter 4: Memories…

Twenty four hours later…

“Alright, now that your powers are back again, I wanted to give you these new power suits that I also created during my spare time. With these suits, the ghost’s powers would prove to be invulnerable once its powers hit these suits. These suits will neutralize the ghost’s powers, therefore preventing its powers from taking away your powers,” stated Hank proudly.

“Another invention you have done during your spare time? I am most impressed, Hank!” said Kurt amazed.

“All in a day’s work for a scientific genius! Now, let’s get ready for this ghost.” said Hank.

Once the X-Men departed to get dressed, Piotr silently walked to his room and sat down on his bed to think about today’s events.

“Death…you will feel the wrath of death soon enough. That is what the ghost said. Why does that make me feel so…uncomfortable?” Piotr wondered to himself.

“Peter? Are you okay?” In the doorway, stood Kitty and she slowly came inside Piotr’s room and sat next to him on his bed.

“Oh, hello Katya. I was just thinking to myself about what that ghost said about death.”

“About how we will feel the wrath of death?” asked Kitty quietly.

Piotr took a deep breath and started talking, “It has been four years since the day I died. The day I…I sacrificed my life when the legacy virus was affecting all the mutants. Before I died, I was thinking that maybe I would be at peace with myself because I have saved the lives of my dearest friends from the virus. But, when I was brought back to life by Ord, I felt a little uneasy about living the same life I lived before I died. Things are so different now and I am still trying to get used to everything that has happened since I died. So, when that ghost said that we will feel the wrath of death, it has me feeling a little frightened that I will have to go through that experience again.”

Kitty was silent for a moment and then said, “To be honest, I can’t imagine what you went through. What they did to you was beyond cruel and unusual and if I had a chance, I would give them a piece of my mind,” Kitty said a bit angrily.

“I would definitely like to do the same Katya,” said Piotr laughing quietly.

Kitty laughed too and said, “But Piotr, what matters is that you’re still alive. Maybe, being brought back to life means that you have another shot at life. That maybe, there are still some things that you have always wanted to do, but was never able to really do.”

“I suppose that is true. There are so many things I have not been able to do, even when I was still alive. Like…” Piotr leaned in closely to Kitty’s ear and whispered, “Getting closer to you.”

Kitty blushed and said, “Hmmm…now that’s something I want to do all my life, handsome.”

Kitty and Piotr held each other for a moment and kissed each other deeply.

Suddenly, the smell of brimstone filled the room and up pops Kurt who says, “It is time for us to go and fight the ghost!”

Piotr and Kitty quickly separated before Kurt came into the room and they both said, “Oh! Thanks for telling us Kurt!”

Kurt turned to leave and then said, “Oh and do not worry, I won’t tell anyone about your little “rendezvous” with each other!” Then he disappeared in a smoke of brimstone.

Kitty and Piotr looked at each other, embarrassed and then Piotr said, “Uh, should we go then?”

“Yeah, let’s go,” said Kitty hurriedly.

And the two lovers went out the door quickly.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By InnerVenom123

I like how Beast prepared for all this insanity, but it seems a little out of the blue.

The Kitty/Colossus scene was adorable, though.

Nice work!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@InnerVenom123 said:

I like how Beast prepared for all this insanity, but it seems a little out of the blue.

The Kitty/Colossus scene was adorable, though.

Nice work!

Thanks!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By The Impersonator

Great chapter!

Rabbitearsblog