Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

Edited By Decept-O

(story copyright E.N.Boyd)

Evening came and went, the group finally retreating to get some much needed rest after the happenings which saw the arrival and departure of time travelers, the death of two men, and a member of their group frozen in a time stasis field.

Although the sun had yet to rise, Blue Lady got up out of bed. She went into what was Doc Strong's bedroom, and picked up a few items. She placed them on the table in the living room, as the rest of the group also got up.Nyoka went to the kitchen and began preparing breakfast for the group, as Red Hawk began to make coffee and tea.

"While Doc Strong is gone, he did leave some other items behind for our use. He was going to show them to the rest of you later but I guess now is a good time as any to bring them out.", she said, pointing at the living room table which had served as their ersatz HQ prep room.

They all looked at each other, then at the boxes on the table.

"What are they?", Torpedo Man asked.

"Well, they are from his future. He said they will help us in our pending missions. Essentially they are maps, diagrams, and other plans. However, they aren't paper ones like we are used to. They are like that message he played when first we met. They appear in the air. In three dimensions.", Blue explained.

"Wow.", Red Hawk said, pouring coffee into a pot, looking in direction of the living room.

Blue pressed a button on one of the boxes, and indeed, several holographic images appeared above their heads.

"OK, I can make out this is a map but how do we turn it around?", Torpedo Man asked.

"Hmm. Good question.", Liberator said. He looked at the map and pointed at it, trying to see the details of a Chicago street name. When he did, the map seemed to move. He pulled his hand back quickly, startled.

"Wait. Did that just move?", he asked.

"Yes, it did.", Blue replied.

Liberator again put his finger on the holographic map, and again, it moved at his touch. It scrolled in different directions, and he realized it was indeed responding to him.

"Interesting. Well, I know this part of Cicero, this is where Jaspar Crow and his Deadly Dozen are reported to be holding up. I remember that from a TV report a few nights ago. The cops had been looking for him but lost his trail. Yet they know he hasn't left the area, because his activity is continuing with more drugs and illegal weapons movements.", Liberator said.

"Crow is a crime boss that must be stopped. He is on level with some of the bastards we dealt with during the War.". Torpedo Man said.

"I agree. According to those files we read about him and his so called Deadly Dozen, we are going to face some challenges apprehending them, especially as we have little experience battling anyone with powers like our own.", Red Hawk said, pouring cups of coffee, placing them on the kitchen table.

"I know, but we have to do this. Most of us didn't have any experience fighting combat before we entered the War, but we all learned as we went along. This is just a similar scenario but a bit different. If that makes any sense.", Liberator said.

Nyoka said "Well breakfast is about ready. Hoping everyone likes eggs and hash browns and toast.", she said, smiling.

"Yes!", the group replied, virtually in unison.

They gathered around the table, prayed and began to eat. Not much was said, until Nyoka spoke up.

"I know this mission is important, but since Red and I will be involved, who will take care of the horses and chickens and upkeep of the ranch here in our absence?", she asked.

Blue Lady looked up from her plate, wiped her mouth with a napkin, and said, "That had already been arranged weeks ago. Some Goverment personnel will arrive in an hour but we need to inform them about Captain Flag. They are with the Inner Circle and will understand.", she said. She made another call via her wrist communicator as the group cleared the table, finishing the breakfast.

"OK. Well that's good. But I am still concerned for the Captain. He may be the world's most powerful super hero but I am still worried about him.", Nyoka said.

"Yes, we all are. I know, but I think we need to concentrate on the mission at hand.', Liberator replied. He turned to Blue Lady and asked, "Blue, are you sure you're up for this?".

"Yes. I am. I have to make sacrifices just like everyone else has in this country, I just didn't expect it to happen like this.", she said. "But I am OK, Pat would want me to continue, no matter what.", she said.

"OK. Be strong. We all need to prepare ourselves, group. I think the time has arrived for us to begin our mission to apprehend Jaspar Crow and his Deadly Dozen. Blue, if you would, teleport us to Chicago.". Liberator said.

The group stood up, held each other's hands, and a large puff of blue smoke appeared as the Freedom Guard teleported to the city of Chicago, Illinois.

To Be Continued.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The Freedom Guard Files. Introduction.

The Freedom Guard Files. Chapter I.

The Freedom Guard Files. Chapter II.

The Freedom Guard Files. Chapter III.

The Freedom Guard Files. Chapter IV.

The Freedom Guard Files. Chapter V.

The Freedom Guard Files. Chapter VI.

The Freedom Guard Files. Chapter VII.

The Freedom Guard Files. Chapter IX.

The Freedom Guard Files. Chapter X.

The Freedom Guard Files. Chapter XI.

The Freedom Guard Files. Chapter XII.