The foot steps of a non-existent man: Roven Bravoes

Roven Bravoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Roven Bravoes
WIth Roven being based off the X5's from Dark Angel, certin names of chacters, and others from the serise will appear but it is in no way related to the t.v. serise.

Chapter One

Manticore Lab

In an under ground lab located somewhere inGillette, Wyoming. A woman’s agonizing scream echoed through out the corridor in the base. A number of nurses and a doctor surround, this woman that was restrained to a medical bed. Shallow and rapid breathes escaped her lips in between screams. "You’re doing fine, your almost there just keep pushing." One of the nurses said with a soft smile on her face while she wiped beads of sweat off the woman’s head. "452 one more hard push should be enough." The salt and pepper haired middle aged doctor yelled. In her mid to late 30’s the woman’s mussed brown hair stuck to her face, as she greeted her teeth while leaning forward. A pain like nothing she ever felt before, she gripped the bed rails. With a tightened gripped so strong it looked as if, the indentions of her fingers and palm would be left in the metal bar. Due to the lack of indication of time, her few hours of labor felt that of day. But with a final scream met seconds later by cries of baby. Hearing the sound of her child quickly eased her mind, having her forget about the hour pain she just endured.

Reaching out her arms, as the nurse that coached her though the ordeal. Washed, weighted, measured and bundled the newborn. She watched as her baby was handed to Doctor Muir. Her arms quickly jerked down as she was reminded that she still in restraints. "Let me hold him, let me hold my child!" she began to yell and scream, once she notice Dr. Muir was heading towards the door of the room. "You can’t do this Muir… You can’t be so heartless as to not let me hold my baby at least once?" By now she had began to violently jerk, shaking the medical bed back and forth. Stepping away from the bed, the nurses removed themselves from harms ways. Scraping the floor as it elevated from her fury, she yelled numerous profane words at the doctor that had already left room. Only to stop and speak to the guard standing duty out side the room. "She has out lived her usefulness, dispose of her." He said with little or no emotion in his voice. Having his orders the soldier reached for his side arm while entering the room. "You hear me Muir? I will come after you and I will kill you! You son of a –" Her words were cut short, and a dead silence filled the room and hall as a loud bang echoed in the room. Not even a sound of a scream form the nurses was heard nothing. Continuing down a hall

The doctor looked down at the newborn with a malice grin on face before saying, "X6-012, I have big plans for you lad. Big plans indeed."

2 Years Earlier

Dark grey clouds blanked over the mid-day sky, dimming what sun light managed to protrude through them. The day was slightly frosty, as wind kicked up to 35 mph. The clouds above head looked so full that they would burst at any moment. Standing around a casket that would soon be lowered into the ground at Trinity Church Cemetery, a small group of people no more the 12. Their moods as gloomy as the weather looked at this point in time. Sounds of weeping were drowned out but the bone shaking sound of thunder that echoed in the sky. Half way into the ministers sermon, a woman with dark brown hair in black riding leather. Dismounting her jet black with silver trim Honda CBR 600 RR that she parked on the hill side looking down at the mourners. She walk down to a near by tree, that she leaned against. With her right hand she raised her sun glasses up to the top of head, reviling a pair of watery blood shot deep dark brown eyes. Drops of rain began to fall, coming down heavier with each second that passed. "Wow Daniel it seems even the heavens are weeping for the lost of you. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust my friend." She spoke out in an inaudible tone right as her cell phone began to ring. Looking at the number she answered, "Max here, what’s up? Un-huh yeah I’m ok. Did you find out anything from doctor Warrenton? Ok well I’ll be at the normal place if you need me." Closing her cell, Max walked over to her bike. Turning the ignition key, the machine roared to life as she revved it a few times before speeding off.

A few hours later found in club B-Dive, she sat at the bar with a glass only filled with ice as this point. She lifted it and yelled, "Another vodka on the rock!" The blaring sound of deep house, and trance music played in the background, while seizer causing lights and lasers danced around to the beat of the music. Pour her drink the bar tender could read the sadness on her face. "Max what’s got ya down tonight?" Just about as quickly as the glass touched her lips, it’s was already turned upside down and it’s content was in her mouth. "I’m just having one of those weeks ya know." She replied as she sat the glass on the bar top and motioned the pouring of another shot. "Maxi you know hitting the sauce like that isn’t good for your liver." A blonde man with low cut around the same age as her jokingly said as he sat down. "Ha-ha Joseph, hey I thought you were going to show up at Trinity today?" signaling for his usual rum and coke he turned back to Max, "You know I don’t like those kind of things. I’m more of a privet mourner. But anyways what is the count so far?" Hold the glass by it’s rim she sloshed the alcohol around, "Including Danny? that makes five this year… well that we know of that is. Whatever those @$$holes did to our genetics, it seems to becoming unstable. And after talking with Dr. Warrenton it sounds like we’re being taken out by a mutant violent stain of the flu." Her face began to looked flushed, "I’m not feeling to hot right now…" In his usual sense of not taking thing seriously he jokingly replied. "I told you about drinking to much." Before she knew it the room the was and then everything went black.

2 Days Later

"Maxi girl you’re finally awake. You know you scared me half to death." Her vision was blurry as she could only hear his voice but not make out his face. Slowly lifting her hand up to his face everything went into focus, as he lips parted and her words became audible. "Sorry and thank you, but would you shut up." She chuckled as her hand fell back to her side "I’m good now I just need a good few day sleep, but really your voice is hallafied annoying. Joking ha-ha really thanks you’re a true friend." She set up and stretch before rising to her feet. "Think nothing of it, you know us M-core’s gotta stick together." As the two joked back and forth, unknown to them five units of X-5 surrounded Joseph’s apartment. "This is blue team we’re in position. There are two of them in side, our orders are to take them alive I repeat alive. On my mark we take them down fast. Shot only to wound, again only to wound." Holding up his three fingers, he counted down before the units rushed in. Rushing through the door and crushing through the windows, with automatic rifles they surrounded Max and Joseph. "Surrendernow, and no harm will come to you." The squad leader said to them, as the two look at each other and turned back to back.

The two took off in opposite directions as they rushed soldiers. Deflecting the barrels of two rifles that was aimed at her, with her wrist. She spun and squeezed through the two men that were holding them before delivering a side kick to the gut of a soldier that was standing behind them. Sending her flying backwards into two more of her unit, causing them to tumble backwards out the door. Bringing her attention back to the two in front her, she first kick the one to her left in the back of the knee, forcing it to buckle as swung around with her arm extended out to close line the second. Throwing series of punches and kicks, Max almost found herself unaware of the one X-5 that had pulled a retractable baton and was head right her. Getting her arms crossed above her was as the blow was coming down, Max grabbed his wrist and while still holding on she ducked under his arm and twisted it. Then violently jerking she cause his body to involuntarily flip forward crashing through Joseph’s coffee table, as she disarmed him of the baton and began using it on her would be captors.

It seemed as though the two would escape until a three shot burst rang out through the apartment. As Max turned around she watch Joseph fall to the ground holding his leg. Frozen in place she went to yell out, "Jos-" being cut off and the butt of a rifle met with the back of her head knocking her out cold. "Joseph!" she yelled a few hours later as she woke up, to find herself restrained to a lab table only leaving her head mobile. "Oh my dear 452 you’re finally awake." A man loading a needle with a clear liquid. "Who are you? Where am I and where is Joseph?" she demanded as she shook furiously trying to free herself. "So many question 452, well first I am Doctor Jonathan Muir the lead geneticist here at the home you ran away from so many years ago Manticore. And as for Joseph, the lad is fine. Like you he is a one of the few original X-5’s that still hasn’t falling ill from the X-G virus that seems to only effect your kind." Letting a feral scream as she realized that she wouldn’t be able to free herself, and replied back. "Ok so why am I here what are you planning to do with me and Joseph?" The doctor began prep a vain in her arm. "Oh I’m glad you asked, Joseph is here so we can find a way to correct the issue of the X-G virus. While you on the other hand, we have greater plans for you. After we finding and cleaning up the genetic mess you call your DNA, we’re going to use your genetic make-up along with that of a X-5R to bio-engineer an embryo before implanting it in you to carry to term. Now don’t worry the egg we use will actually come from you so it will be your child 452." The sound of the cuffed that were holding her at bay echoed as she once again tried to free herself. " YOU MONSTER! I WILL KILL YOU!" she screamed in a feral angered voice, before everything went black again due to the sedation that Dr. Muir just injected to her.

12 Years Later

Sitting in the center of an all white room, a ten year old boy with sensors on different parts of his upper torso, arms and head. Is mentally sent through numerous simulation that tested reaction time, deduction skills, strategy planning. Known to him is a room on the other side on a one way mirror. On the other side a man by the name of Timothy Wilson monitor and calculate the results. "Tim how is everything going with 012?" Dr. Muir said as he walked through the door looking at a few charts. "He’s doing far above expected Dr. Muir. The X-6 results are off the charts, how could a child be this advanced he’s already produced better results then must of our best soldier that are three times his age." Muir just chuckled as he leaned forward to a microphone and pressed the income button. "012 well done, now head off to your bunk and wait for you next training session." Releasing the button he looked over at Timothy, then standing straight and folding his arms he began to speak. "X-6 012 is the only survivor out 20 embryos, he was designed to be an ultimate soldier. I would expect nothing less of him."

To be continued…

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

nice, so its a bit agent x and a  bit Dark Angel?

i like it!

Uchiha NeVann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Uchiha NeVann

lol right now yep, later on I may lean it over to more deadpool met dark angel

thanks ^^

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

i like! well done!

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

Nice man, like the descriptiveness and the plot ^^

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Darkchild

Good stuff man, really enjoyed the read cant wait for more

Acer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Acer

Sick man. Always love reading your stuff.

Uchiha NeVann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Uchiha NeVann

Thanks man

when I figure out how I'm going to write the next chapter I'll have it up

Lady Stryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lady Stryker

Sweet, cant wait for it.

I feel like im playing the Hitman games when i read this.

(Acer but you probally guessed that lol)

Uchiha NeVann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Uchiha NeVann

awesome thanks ^_^

and yeah I figured it was lol

Taki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Taki

Ha. Awesome! I hope you will finish it.

Uchiha NeVann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Uchiha NeVann

I hope I do too xD

Quality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Quality

Two words...

Kick Ass!!!!

cly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By cly

BEAST!!!! Nice NeVann. ^_^

Roven Bravoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Roven Bravoes

chapter two should be up in the next few days if I don't have it up tonight

Roven Bravoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Roven Bravoes

Chapter Two

Present day

Going back and forth from blurry specks of light to total darkness, Chase’s mouth smacked open and close. A familiar yet vague tickled his buds. "Mmmm… coppery goodness." The words just rolled off his tongue. Finally regaining his consciousness, he became aware of his disposition. "I really need to check the expiration date on the creamer I put in my coffee." He thought to himself as he sat bond to a chair in the center of a 20x20 dark room, that a single over head flickering light. The smell of stale moldy water lingered in his nose. While small vermin and insects scurry from the pitch blackness to the light and then back. Chase tried to free himself from his bondage, only to be stopped by the sound knuckles cracking coming for the shadows. Soon a bald man with a handle bar mustache. Built like a Sherman tank, the monstrous man of Russian descent, towering over the Chase the with his hands clinched starred down at him. "Whoa… Tiny, I know I didn’t have enough tequila to take you home last night." Angered by the wisecrack, the Russian cocked his steel beam like arm back, before delivering a hard right cross. Having his head whip to the right before dropping, Chase blinked a few times. "Chloroform! That’s where that coppery taste came from… but when did I start putting chloroform in my coffee?" He blurted out, as he lifted his head back up and locked eyes with the muscle man. "Ya know, first you invite me over for your slumber party. Then you be all mean and not offer me a jell-o pudding pop, come on I won’t tell Dr. Cosby where you got th-" Before he could finish, his face with meet with another sledge hammer like fist this time whipping his head to the left. The next few minutes the walls echoed with sound of flesh on flesh impacts, from the face and body blows that Chase had to endure.

"Ivan! That’s enough." A voice yelled out in Russian before the room was illuminated by florescent lights, which reviled the stained and dingy white walls of the room. Face bruised and bloody, ribs fractured and his lungs screaming as they tried to pull in oxygen. Chase didn’t notice the door to his left let alone that it had opened. Wearing a white suit a second man with a scar along his neck from ear to ear that looked to be Irish. With draped over shoulder length red hair and emerald eyes, he held a bunched up piece of fabric that was mostly red with spots of black. Making his way through the door and stopped at Chase’s side. "Wow the great Roven Bravoes. I didn’t think it would this easy to capture you Roven…" Struggling to inflate his lungs, he starred at the floor as he slumped over as far as his restraints would allow. "I-It’s… Chase…" He inhaled as deeply as he tried to stop his shallow breathing, "Without the mask I’m chase… damnit! But more importantly you two are doing all wrong… One Ivan should have a straight razor and Stuck in the middle with you should be playing in the background. And second since he would be Mr. Blonde would that make you Mr. Pink?" The Irishmen like the Russian was not amused with Chase’s wisecracks. "How you got the nick name the crimson comedian is besides me. But how about I just call you by the name you had when we first met." A looked of bewilderment fell access his face "So you haven’t seen that movie? It’s good I’ll let you barrow it sometime." He said as he lifted his head to get a good look at the man. "Yes, I know who you are, I know about the bar code on the back of your neck. The people that are after you even now, 012…" He examined the man's face very closely, but nothing about the man seemed familiar. Well that was until he looked close at his eyes, sparking a memory from when he was about thirteen.

15 years ago

"012, this is your first solo mission. Your primary target is Harris Barton, he has become a national risk and is currently in the market of selling a stolen drug that could temporally give the user abilities rival to that of the X-5’s. Take him out and retrieve the stolen data on the drug and any of the drugs that was produced so far." That was the last transmission he had received, as he found himself in Morehead City, North Carolina. Scouting out the warehouse that was being used as a base of operation. "Ok so they have four on the ground, covering the north and south ends of the building. And two on the roof watching the east and west. This is going to be too easy." He said to himself as he looked through the scope of his silenced rifle. With a double tap of the trigger, two bullets whistled as they ripped through the night sky. Dropping the two guards on the roof. By time the two bodies went limp and fell, 012 was already in full stride leaping from warehouse to warehouse. Reaching the unit that was being used, he searched for an alternate entrance. Using his knife he wedged it into a window seal and popped it open. Sliding in through the opening, he quietly closed the window behind him. He saw the group of 30 to 35 men in the center of the unit. That was more then what he was informed there would be. Looking up at the light, he tracing the wiring alone the ceiling he spotted the fuse box. Making his way to the box, 012 draw his standard 9mm and screwed on a silencer.

Reaching the box he readying a flash bomb and flipped the power switch. The warehouse was covered in darkness, with only the dim pale light of the crescent moon that hung in the night sky shining through the windows to illuminate it. "It could just be a power failure, Josh go check it out. Everyone else arm yourselves just in case." One of the men yelled out. The teen hurled the flash grenade towards the center of where the group was working. Turning his head and shielding his eyes, 012 counted backwards from ten. As he reached zero a blinding white light filled the warehouse. Screams of "My eyes!" before countless rounds from semi and automatic weapons were fired. Leaping to the top of a crate, the teen took aim and began firing. Dropping a man with each shot, before the lights came back on. No longer concealed by darkness, he jumped down to the ground and hide between two crates. After the chaos of friendly fire and 012 rounds, Harris found himself with only seven men including the guards from outside side that was now in the warehouse as well. "We have an intruder it couldn’t be more then two or three of them! Find them and kill them!" He orders his remanding men as they split up to search. Loading a new clip in his gun, he did not care about the goons. 012 made his way to the primary target, only shooting the guards that were close to give away his location. Closing the distance between himself and Harris, the X-6 spotted a laptop and figured the formula would be on it. Getting ever more near, out the corner of his eye. He saw a guard coming around the back of the crate that he was using as cover. He pulled out the knife he used earlier and waited. Angling the butt of his gun, he ejected the clip aimed right were the man was about to step. Causing him to slip, right as 012 came from around the corner jamming his knife into the man’s chest while coving his mouth with his other hand. The shock caused the guard’s body to tense up, forcing him to pull the trigger of his gun. Bullets darted about as the X-6 twisted the blade and pulled it out his chest. Knowing that this was a good distraction he was able to sneak up behind Harris. A single click from 012 cocking his gun caught Harris’ attention as he turned around to find him putting a flash drive into the laptop while he starred down the barrel of 012’s gun.

"Akid? All this was done by a kid?" Barton said as he lifted his hands above his head. Not saying a word the teen began copying the files on to the portable drive, unaware that a red haired man he actually crept around behind him. Wrapping him up in bare hug, the young X-6 was disappointed in himself that he was so sloppy that someone could sneak up on him without being noticed. Looking down at the boy’s neck he saw the barcode that ran along it, his jade eyes lit up as he yelled out. "He’s was sent by Manitcore." Harris’ eyes narrowed as he began to walk forward, "So you must be the X-6 that Muir was working on. Well son I would say your mission was bust, but don’t worry you wont be around along enough to be disciplined for failing." The X-6 face showed no emotion as Barton spoke. Aiming the barrel of the gun to the ground behind him, he fired a shot. Before swinging his head back, slamming it into the guards face. As blood began to flow from his nose, his grip on the teen released. Grabbing for his knife as his feet hit the ground, the Manticore assassin spun in a full 360. First running the edge of the blade across the guard’s throat before letting it fly into Harris’ stomach. Removing the flash drive, 012 raised his gun to Harris who was stumbling backwards trying to pulling out the knife that was stuck in him. With out a second thought he pulled the trigger.

Present

"So do you remember my now Chase? That slice, though messy was shallow enough for me to live through. But the reason I bought you here was not to get revenge… well not on you at least. You remember Dr. Muir the man that made you, and the man that sent you to steal Harris’ formula. Yes, Harris was a geneticist for Manticore. Back to the point, Muir didn’t die when you went back to visit him. I have resources that tells me he’s finding out somewhere in the southwestern part of the country. From now on you work for me and your first job is to find Muir and bring him to me."Taking in the fact that the man that basically created him, and also was the person that order his mother to killed was in fact still living. Chase replied in a way that he always did. "You know if you wanted to hire me, you could have shot me a message on MySpace or replied to my add on Craig’s list. Oh and don’t think that I forgot about me prison shank I want that back." Shaking his head in disbelief that he was actually going to trust the buffoon he ordered Ivan to release Chase of his bondages, he tossed a mask and a folder on his lap before heading out the door. "The woman in that picture is the only person that knows where Muir is hiding. The problem is we know next to nothing about her. Find her and you find Muir, now don’t screw up Roven."

To be continued…

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

WHOOO! I'll read up later on today, after I get some sleep ^^ 

New Born

Forum Posts

Wiki Points