The Fire Within Volume 2

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnjo719

Jinn sat in the back of his private and chauffered car as it went down the country road, and breathed in the smoke from the special leaves his master had given him. The leaves were handed down from master to his best disciple when the master felt his pupil had earned it. They were supposed to be able to help him master the new Firebending form that his master had shown him. It was true that he felt more.....something. He felt his inner flame burning more hotly, and his temper was nearer to the surface, but he didn't see how any of that would help his firebending.

Jinn breathed in deeply, then exhaled. A small jet of flame escaped. Jinn gasped in shock. The leaves were working! His master said it had taken him six months of intense training and focus to achieve that small feat without the leaves. As soon as he noticed it working he understood that his breath control was very important, especially when bending heat. Jinn closed his eyes again and inhaled once more.

His eyelids snapped back wide open. Fire. He sensed something burning nearby, and it wasn't his leaves. This was a slow burn, almost as if it was being used to.......as the realization hit him, Jinn quickly took action. Seconds later his private car was engulfed in flames.

From the side of the road, six figures clad in all black with plain white masks on, emerged from the shadows. They all approached the severely damaged car cautiously, wondering and hoping that they'd managed to finish off their target with plan A. But as they watched, all hope of such things were dashed. From within the flames, a figure was seen rising. It stood with its hands at its sides and stared straight ahead. His clothes were on fire, but his skin and his hair seemed to be immune to the fire's bite.

"Men! Attack at will" The leader cried out. The other five warriors lept out, some with blades and the like in their hands, others manifested fire from their fingertips and shot it directly at their target.

The figure in the flames raised his arms and then swung his palms up, facing his forward attackers. Instantly, the flames left his now thoroughly burnt out car, and leaped onto his attackers. The figure then dropped into battle position and struck his arm out, fingers close together and manifested a fire so hot it burned the air it passed through and the grass that was under it. As soon as the assassins attacking from his left came into contact with it, they were burned alive, their clothing stuck to their bodies.

The ones on his right turned to flee, but the burning being with flames draped across his shoulders,had no mercy for them. He waved his arms in a circle and then jabbed two fingers into the center of the circle. As he moved, electricity crackled and leapt from the circuit he created and raced towards the fleeing killers. Finally the figure turned to the leader and walked up to him, calmy stepping out of the flaming debris of his car. When he finally made it to the leader, who had dropped to his knees in fear and shock, he wrapped his hand around his throat and squeezed. The figure took a deep and calming breath. Then his fists started to glow.

"It's a pity having to cut short the life of such a talented young bender." Jinn, the burning man, growled. The masked warrior tried to speak but the only sounds that escaped his was the gut wrenching sound of a man's muffled screams of agony. Then some movement caught Jinn's eye.

Without any hesitation, he leapt forward, dropping his previous victim, and thrust both his arms out with his fingers curled in. Landing with one foot extended in front of the other.

A great fireball was manifested in front of his and it jetted out at an astounding clip. It rocketed into some trees that were growing on the side of the nearby mountain. The flames rapidly consume the trees, but no screams or sounds of pain were heard. That only meant on eof two things: there was nothing there or, whatever was there had escaped in time, which would be an impressive feat.

Jinn relaxed into a passive position. He surveyed the battle site for a few brief moments. It was a graveyard of charred carcasses and burning corpses. His driver was dead, and all the supplies he had, had burned with his car. Jinn shook head tiredly.

"Going to have to send his family some flowers and some money too." Jinn said out loud. The flames on his body had burned themselves out and he stood there with only a few scraps of cloths remained on his body. He sighed heavily once, and then he set to walking.

***Ten Miles from Jinn's position.

"Why are we running away?!" Kaone hissed.

Her uncle, Chuugi, paid her no mind. He kept up the furious pace he had set.

"Uncle!" Kaone nearly yelled from behind him.

"Being a brat isn't going to get you what you desire." Chuugi replied. Kaone got the message he was sending. "Your brother is not going to join us because we beat him" 

"We could've taken him together!" Kaone protested.

"No we would've been destroyed. He is a Master bender. He's mastered all the regular fire bending forms and even a good portion of the hidden side. I may also be a Master Bender, but his skills out performs mine. You would've gotten killed in an instant" Chuugi said as he glanced back to his niece.

She looked startled. She was unaware of how deeply his brother had mastered the element of fire.

"But the real reason we're running is because of that form he was using. There's only one way to learn it. We must notify your father!" Chuugi urged.

"What's so damn important?" Kaone asked.

"The Young Dragon, also known as the Fire Lord's Wrath, is dead, but that a new Dragon is born." Chuugi Revealed.

Then he turned around and sped up his running.

@cbishop

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@johnjo719: So he was smoking these leaves to help him master firebending, and then mastered them as soon as he was attacked? Seems a trifle convenient, but it's certainly not unheard of for this type of character. Cool that he's become the new dragon. Added to my FF Long Box - Authors. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@johnjo719: Not sure what this is Fan Fic of but it is interesting. But I do agree with this;

@johnjo719: So he was smoking these leaves to help him master firebending, and then mastered them as soon as he was attacked? Seems a trifle convenient, but it's certainly not unheard of for this type of character. Cool that he's become the new dragon. Added to my FF Long Box - Authors. :)

It does seem convenient. Then again I'm sure we have all done this at least once before when we've been writing

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: yes an example of my lazy writing lol but I'm going to address it in the next chapter which is coming soon!

@impurestcheese: it's a fan fic of Avatar The Last Airbender(well from that universe anyway)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

It does seem convenient. Then again I'm sure we have all done this at least once before when we've been writing

Which is why I said it wasn't unheard of.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: well I'm glad I was able to interest you even though you don't like benders lol

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: Don't not like, just don't know anything about it...

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Oh okay. You should check it out though(the show NOT the movie) and it's spinoff

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers