Avatar image for deactivated-57b9eaaf41cf6
deactivated-57b9eaaf41cf6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Author's Note

Well, here's Chapter 14 for MK destruction. I am so excited for the end of this story. Yes we are reaching the end of this book which that fact by itself makes me sad. But once it ends, I promised myself I would expand to other sites and try to make my stories known. So I am excited for that final chapter since it will help with my fear of being more public with my writing.

Also, a couple of announcements. I am making a website that is almost close to being finished which will feature my stories plus a mini-wiki of characters, maps, meanings, etc.

New Fallout, now being called Exitium, a story I am working on with Geth, may see a chapter in about a week or two. I will update the preview and characters so watch out for that.

Want to see other stories and chapters. Click on my Library < Right here

ONWARDS WITH THE DESTRUCTION

P.S. There's something in parenthesis you should pay attention to.

Chapter 14

Corvus, Kitana, and Sindel reemerged on the rooftop they were hiding on. Only a minute had passed and the cyberpunk robotic guards of Heaven were in nearly the same place.

“Well this is disorienting.” Sindel said as she notice that time seemed to have stopped while they were in the Convergence of Light.

“One of the many properties of that place. I spent days one time walking in there chasing something, but that’s a story for another time.” Corvus spoke while he and the others jumped to another building.

“We have to get there quickly. We can’t take days like before.” Kitana said while running and dashing. She looked back and saw that they covered lots of ground from where they were before.

Citizens began to notice them. Everywhere people were pointing saying “What is that” or “Look, I just saw something move up there.”

“It is not very long before the Elder Gods--.” Corvus spoke too soon and suffered an uppercut from hell that sent him back 3 blocks. It was an Elder God.

“You have been a pain long enough. Time for you to--.” A powerful beam of black light sent the Elder God across the city. All this time, they were trying to avoid confrontation with one due to fear, but an Elder God was just defeated with a wave of a hand.

“I am sick and tired if this ****.” Corvus landed in front of Sindel and Kitana who were still dumbfounded by this spectacle of sheer power.

Sindel resumed her breakneck pace across the city. “Why didn’t you do that before?!” She screamed at Corvus.

“My powers are back. Somehow, someway, perhaps by work of a true God, they are back.” Corvus was more or less surprised at his newfound god-like power. However, he knew the reason of why and he felt like he was going to meet that reason very soon.

Kitana felt a presence too. ‘No, it couldn’t be.’ She thought. ‘He was destroyed by… Oh no. Maybe he was never actually destroyed but just another puppet in this universal stage put into place by the puppeteer.”

Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Smoke, Jade, and Kotal stood at the wall looking down upon the millions of Special Forces soldiers. Plus tens of hundreds of hoverships floating out in the distance.

“We only have a few hundred thousand soldiers.” Jade broke the silence.

“You are forgetting one thing,” Kotal Kahn’s skin began to glow with yellow lines, “We are Outworlders, and we fight like Outworlders.”

He jumped into the crowd of soldiers and a beam of pure sunlight emerged from the sky. It shot down and expanded with the fierceness of a raging fire. It burned and singed every single thing it touched which included the desert sand, black and coarse after the exposure to immense heat. Hundreds of bright red corpses, spilling with blood, lied there causing a putrid odor. Thousands of soldiers, both Tarkatan and Osh-Tekk, rushed out of the gates and attacked.

“Hundreds out of millions won’t make a difference.” Smoke said.

“But it is better to go down fighting than to go down surrendering.” Erron Black spun his 2 revolver’s in his hands as he suddenly appeared next to Smoke. Kotal reappeared and pushed him down.

“Your sudden arrival is not welcome.” Kotal approached Erron, clearly angry.

“Look, I was somewhere…… I was facing my past.” (*cough cough* New Story *cough* Wicked West *Cough*) Erron responded, hand on his revolver, and stood up.

He got right into Kotal’s face, “And you know better than anyone else that I don’t like it when people decide to tell me what to do. Be glad I have enough moral sensibility that I decided to come back and help.” Erron slid his mask down and spat into Kotal’s face.

Kotal almost grabbed Erron out of pure anger. If it wasn’t for Liu Kang interfering, Erron would have been destroyed.

“Enough. The enemy is down there,” Liu Kang pointed toward the bloody mess happening in the background. “You two dueling up here is useless to the battle.”

“He’s right. It’s better if we don’t destroy each other before the fate of Outworld is decided by evil Gods.” Kung Lao said.

“I have a better idea,” Jade held out her staff to Kotal’s neck, “Fight,” then to Erron’s neck, “Or die. How does that sound?”

Erron shoved Kotal out of his way and jumped into the battlefield. Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Jade, Smoke, and Kotal followed suit. They cleared 4 miles from the wall. In their wake of destruction, were rotting corpses, pools of red, severed pieces of carcass, and a landfill of bodies. The odds were in the heroes favor, until formidable foes made their appearance.

“Any updates on Outworld?” Corvus said aloud as he teleported out of the way of a missile. He, Kitana, and Sindel were climbing the building Tengah and Cannibal were housed in.

‘The Dark Opposites. They were sent in.’ Cannibal told the group of three.

“We need to hurry.” Corvus yelled over the loud noises of helicopters and weapons firing.

Sindel broke a window and went inside, “Jump in,” She directed Kitana and Corvus. They both jumped in and Kitana dodged a homing missile. The building inside was painted pure white and was as futuristic inside as it was on the outside. They ran up the glass stairs trying to get to the top level.

Kitana, Corvus, and this time Sindel had that strange and strong feeling of darkness and despair. Sindel recognized who that feeling was coming from. For the first time, Sindel was fearful of her daughters and her own life. A short silence enveloped the group. Time froze and the bullets, the explosions, and the chaos stopped with it.

“That’s Shao Kahn,” Sindel broke the silence, “and he is feeding you power.” She looked at Corvus for a quick second.

“He’s not feeding me. That would imply he would take it away as soon as I don’t need it. He’s giving it to me, otherwise I wouldn’t feel the energy as my own.” Corvus spoke as they were still running.

Raiden was on a levitating metal gurney that was being moved by Johnny. Raiden still needed the cybernetic implants that would make him walk again, so they would have to do emergency surgery on board the hovership. The metal halls of the Special Forces Underground NY Base were filled with people hustling to get on board the hoverships.

“There were 50 hoverships built to counter Special Forces 80 hoverships. Kano did some weapon upgrades so we have an advantage in firepower.” Johnny tried to create small talk.

“I wanted to apologize for the trouble I caused before. With Shinnok, Shao Kahn, and now this.” Raiden felt like he needed to apologize.

“Everything turned out almost ok. I mean, we have mostly everyone back and there's an overpowered match for the surprise evil Elder Gods.” Johnny replied.

Meanwhile, Sonya was in the main and leading hover ship with Kano, who she had in cuffs and was holding hostage. Specifically, she was in the bridge of the hovership, overlooking the operations for takeoff and teleportation. The bridge was huge and, like everything within SF, designed with simplicity and the future in mind. It had windows in the front with 5 rows of touchscreen consoles on each side of where Sonya was standing. 5 people per row sat down and attended his or her station. She was standing on the balcony overlooking the entire bridge.

“Come on. I helped, upgraded, and pretty much planned and built this entire fleet. You still don’t trust me?” Kano spoke looking through the corner of his left eye at Sonya.

Sonya grabbed Kano’s wrists tighter and restrained him further. “Why would I possibly trust a thief, liar, and two-faced asshole?”

“When it comes to my own survival, you can trust me because my own survival is what enables me to keep on living and doing these things. Especially when my survival deals with another’s common interest.” Kano replied.

Sonya considered this and realized Kano was right. He didn’t work for a good cause because Sonya threatened to end his life. He worked for it because it meant a good thing was coming for him whether it worked or not. If the plan failed, then he could continue his Black Dragon operations under a more watchful eye. If did work, then he had the freedom to do anything he felt without the worry of a god looking down at him. Sonya let him go and uncuffed him.

“You're the general. What’s the first order of business?” Kano continued as if they weren’t enemies.

“Go check in with Hanzo and Kuai. They are handling the ground forces. You may be a valuable asset.” Sonya ordered Kano which felt odd. Kano walked down the path behind her and out of the bridge while Johnny came in. Johnny looked at Kano just walk by him. The balcony was a long metal path that stopped at a circle at the end, where Sonya was standing.

“Wait, did you just order him to do something?” Johnny was perplexed.

“Yes, and he followed orders which is surprising. Anyway, did you get Raiden to the surgical room?”

“Yes. He apologized for Shao Kahn, Shinnok, and well everything happening now.”

“He shouldn’t feel sorry. It’s not his fault things never work out in his favor.” Sonya responded.

“Coordinates found. Teleport ready. Where do you want us to appear?” An officer on the bridge asked Sonya from below the balcony.

“Put us right over the city. Is everyone who was in the base now in the hovership?” Sonya asked.

“Yes. Everything is ready to go.” The officer replied.

“Good. Commence realm teleportation.” Sonya yelled at the rest of the bridge.

“This is tiring me.” Jade complained as she stuffed her staff down a Special Forces soldier’s throat and out their *sshole.

“Maybe you should learn a thing or two about stamina.” Smoke forced gray steam up 10 Shaolin Warrior’s noses. He then forced it out of their pores as if they were pressure cookers and, as if TNT were stuffed inside warriors, they exploded into bits of brain, teeth, muscle, and organs. He stood by Jade waiting for her to catch her breath.

“You too are very fatigued according to the heavy breathing.” Jade replied out of spite. The noise happening around them was deafening. Screams of terror, agony, pain, and sorrow which were from either Shaolin Warrior, Tarkatan, Osh-Tekk, or SF Soldier. Jade pulled her staff from the person, or corpse, she just brutally murdered. She looked back where the Outworld city wall was still visible, even from 6 miles away. She wondered if they could hear the screams and then saw a vision of the outcome of this battle.

A soldier was taking aim at her, “Jade. Jade. JADE!” Liu Kang got her attention as he shoved his flaming fist through the soldier’s chest. Smoke was to the right of Jade handling the next wave of enemies.

“WHAT!! GODDAMMIT WHAT?!” Jade lost her temper.

“We are in the middle of a battle. For your sake and mine pay attention.”

“I’m tired of fighting these easy targets. Don’t you see what their doing? They are trying to wear us down before sending in the true monsters.” Jade was going to do everything she could to avoid the destined outcome.

“I know. But we have to draw them out,” Liu Kang swept his feet under a warrior and bicycled kicked them while Jade swung her staff under him and hit 5 warriors who were surrounding them, “one way or another.”

“Where are the others?” Smoke jumped in front of Jade and Liu Kang.

“They are further ahead trying to discover where the unlimited amount of enemies are coming from.” Liu Kang answered as Smoke provided cover for Jade to jump into a middle of a group of warriors. Liu Kang went further and burned the soldiers further in front.

Kung Lao, Erron Black, and Kotal Kahn were 12 miles from the city wall where the influx of troopers and warriors seemed to be coming from.

“How much longer?” Erron Black shot 4 enemies consecutively with a shotgun.

“We seem to be near.” Kotal replied as he charged into a group of 25 enemies and decapitated, mutilated, and brutally crushed them.

“Wait there is something right,” Kung Lao decapitated a SF soldier with his hat and stared at the rows of cylindrical contraptions glowing with blue light, “here.”

Revenants and copies of revenants were pouring out of the cylindrical, human-sized devices. Kung Lao, Erron Black, and Kotal Kahn continuously killed them as they spawned. They tried everything to destroy the devices, which looked like there were hundreds of them lined up in a row, but they were indestructible.

“This can’t be possible.” Kotal Kahn said helplessly and tired as he punched the devices. Kung Lao tried to open a panel and slice the wires, but the device continued to copy soldier upon warrior.

“Well well well. Look who showed up.” Mileena, or her revenant look-alike, appeared out of the sand behind Kotal. She grabbed his head with her pink heels and threw him behind her.

Kung Lao tried to fight Mileena, but was stopped by sharp hat that flung from behind, went around, and returned to its master.

“Sorry, but you have your own problems.” Dark Kung Lao assumed a fighting stance.

Erron Black watched the scene and tried to run before he was stopped by an explosive shot in the back. His own Dark Opposite, ready to fight, was behind him.

“Where do you think you are going?” Dark Erron Black charged at him.

Erron performed an uppercut sending his opponent into the air and shot him twice with explosive shotgun shells. He looked behind quickly to see 50 hoverships hovering over the city.

“Not going to die today.” He said aloud as he turned his head and saw that his opponent had gotten up. They charged at each other knowing that the outcome was that one of them would be dead.

Corvus busted through the dual metal doors which had a giant bar of iron welded to it. You would think that this was an incredible feat, but Corvus just kicked it down as if he was kicking a soccer ball.

Sindel looked down the hall and saw maximum security type prisoner cells, each marked with an A and a name next to them. She saw hers, which was two cells ahead to the right. The cell was cleaned, cell door fixed, and everything inside was gone.

“I was placed in here.” Sindel pointed to Corvus and Kitana.

“You were and now you are out there.” Mileena looked from her small window in her black steel door.

“YOU BITCH.” Kitana was ready to unlock the door and wring Mileena’s neck. Sindel grabbed her arm and held her back from doing so.

“Do you not see this monster? This clone/replacement that should be dead.” Kitana forced her arm out of her mother’s grip.

“She helped me out of my cell. Without her, I wouldn’t have found you.” Sindel responded calmly.

“Hello sister. I hope we can put the past behind us.” Mileena talked to Kitana.

“I will help you, but know that once this is over, those teeth of yours will be scattered across the ground where I will happily burn them.”

“That’s a truce I can agree with.”

Meanwhile, Corvus took a look at other cells. He looked at each one and their names and he saw many. Shang T’sung, Quan Chi, D’vorah, all of the previously dead were here. Corvus knew why they were there.

‘They created revenant superbeings out of the originals. A tactic I used to use.’ Corvus thought.

“You are the one I gifted my power to.” Shao Kahn spoke from his cell. Corvus realized he walked toward the end of the hall and Kitana and Sindel were a few cells away from him.

“The mighty emperor a prisoner? Oh how the giants have fallen.” Corvus replied.

“Those matters no longer interest me. What I want is to escape. I am done being the torture pawn of these Elder Devils.” Shao Kahn stated.

“Corvus. Corvus is that you?” Cannibal called out from the cell next to Shao Kahn’s.

Corvus walked to the small opening in the door, “Yes. What happened? Where’s Tengah? Are you hurt?”

“Depends on what you mean by hurt,” Tengah responded from the cell behind Corvus, “Tortured? Yes. Mentally scared? Yes. Physically beaten? Not quite.”

“Well, did you do what I asked? Are you two at least acquaintances again?” Corvus questioned both of them.

“Yes. Obviously there are still some things we need to discuss. And by discuss I mean punch each other till our faces bleed type of discussion but it will be fine.” Cannibal answered for both of them.

“The nice chit-chat is certainly amusing, but I would like to escape now.” Quan Chi spoke up from one of the cells.

“For the first time, you and I agree on something.” Shang Tsung spoke up.

“I should kill you both and I will unless you get on my good side. SO SHUT THE **** UP AND WAIT.” Corvus screamed. Everyone, Goro, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Mileena, Shao Kahn, Stryker, Tengah, Cannibal, and Ermac heard him.

“Now. I need details on what the Elder Gods have been doing for the past few weeks when they visited their test subjects. I need to know their weaknesses.” Corvus demanded.

“We have never been outside these cells.” Quan Chi said.

“Don’t play that bullshit with me. I can tell you have been to other parts of this realm.” Corvus shot back.

“That was only when we arrived. I know Shao Kahn, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, and Ermac have been outside these cells but Cannibal and I haven’t.” Tengah spoke up. All of a sudden, the latch and metal bar raised themselves from the door. Tengah and Cannibal pushed open the cell door and hugged each other before taking a stand next to Corvus.

“Shao Kahn, what do you know about these devils?” Corvus demanded.

“I know, for a fact, that they are planning on winning the Outworld battle.” Shao Kahn replied.

“That’s not guaranteed.”

“It is for them. You are in their universe. They can create any possible outcome they chose.” Stryker added.

Corvus walked down the hall and stood facing the cell across from where Mileena was still locked up. He unlocked Shao Kahn’s and Stryker’s cell. They stepped out and Cannibal, Tengah, and Corvus were paying special attention to them.

“Master of souls, what happened to you?” Corvus stared at the rotting mummy that was Ermac. Corvus was ready to deem him unusable.

“When they ripped Shao Kahn’s soul out of us, they destroyed our body. We can’t take the pain of these restless people inside of us anymore. We just want it to end.” Ermac was lying down on his side, ready to die.

Corvus unlocked Ermac’s cell door. He went inside and his face showed disgust at the pungent smell of rotting flesh. He touched Ermac’s shoulder and began to heal him. A green glow emanated from the body as the souls reformed themselves and the bandages disappeared. Corvus stood up and backed away. At the end of the process, Ermac was standing with no bandages, but with normal looking skin.

“How did you do this? We thank you.” Ermac said as he inspected his new form.

“I am done here.” Corvus stated and unlocked all the cell doors. He got out of the cell he was standing in and faced the people looking down the hall at him.

“You are all indebted to me. I freed you from this prison, now you will all fight for my cause or be destroyed. Understood?” Corvus threatened.

"Especially you two little problem causers," Tengah looked at Quan Chi and Shang Tsung, "The moment I detect betrayal, you will be decapitated."