White Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By White Assassin

Part 2

It had been over a century since I have connected with another human being. I am one of the few remaining people of my race. I used to be a killing machine but that was when I had people who depended on me, but everyone has lost their faith in me including myself. I left the world I knew and decided to find some place quiet and secluded from everything. I lie out under the stars sometimes and wonder if I made the right choice in leaving humanity and civilization behind but I always end up knowing the world is better without me. I led the people that trusted me into extreme danger and failed them when they needed my leadership the most.

I’m starting to feel old, and I ready to die but I don’t know if anyone is able to kill me. I used to walk the forests and be among nature, but as of the last decade or so my joints have started to stiffen on me. My sense of smell is not as strong as they used to be but that is understood in old age. Most of the day is spent gathering animals from my traps and splitting wood.

Tonight feels different from the other nights though; I feel like I did over one hundred years ago, I feel unstoppable. I decide to take one last hike, so I can remember the beauty that you see when the sun rises over the peaks of the mountain. I’m all packed up and head out.

It takes most of the day to get half way up the mountain. I decide to finish my hike tomorrow. I set up camp in the most beautiful opening where I feel closer to the stars. I lie under the stars like I do every night before going to sleep. I feel like I see a beautiful face in the stars that I haven’t seen in the longest time. The face is of a woman I have loved for a long time. She was always someone else’s and then she died. I fall asleep thinking of her beautiful red hair.