Avatar image for ghostrider_fan1
ghostrider fan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ghostrider fan1

My name... is Michael Weston. I use to be a spy until I was burned... Heh I'm sorry I was just watching Burn Notice and it was sticking in my head and- you know- ah forget it. My real name is Perseus DiLorenzo, and this time I'm for real. This is the story of how I became a superhero, but first we'll start from when I was a little kid. It was 1992 when I was born, I am full Italian. I lived in the streets of Gotham at the time, a terrible place to live and for good reason. I had good parents from what I remember of them, and up until I turned 5 I had a normal life. But that was all ruined by the Order of St. Dumas. They had come to the streets of Gotham to look for there next assassin, Azrael. What was terrible was, they decided to go to my house. They came at night and killed my parents and knocked me out.

When I woke up, I seemed to be in a facility with what looked like a lot of doctors. they put me in a room and isolated me. after hours of waiting a doctor came in and said "it is time to test you."

From then on I was tortured, tested on, and broken by them. I never understood why they chose me, until one day I overheard them say that my mind would accelerate exponentially and that I was technilogically one of the greatest in the world, but I was still a child and I was not fully aware of it yet. The mind that I had they wanted for there assassin. There was something else I was born with that was good, I had a sort of precognition. I could predict things that put me in danger before something happens. If I get into a fight, I could predict the moves of my enemy or if I was in a building with a bomb, I could predict its explosion a few seconds before it goes off, this made me all the more deadly. I was trained vigorously every day til I fainted from exhaustion. I would learn many kung fu styles and techniques in a matter of months, Wing Chun and Hung Ga Kuen were my most favored  styles, and I could make them better. Even though the pase I learned them at was very quick, they wondered why I didnt learn them in a matter of weeks, I may have been smart but I wasnt a polymath, I couldn't just watch something and make it my own, but I could learn the movements very easily.

I always wondered why this was happening to me, was I being punished for something? I asked God every night when I prayed to him, But there was always something telling me on the inside "Things happen for a reason" so I waited. One day I got the nerve up to ask a doctor who was testing my body memory. They told me I was doing this for God's work, but I read the Bible, and I did believe in God, but I knew that these men were just plain evil with no intention of doing God's work. I didnt say anything about it because I knew I would just get beat. There was one doctor who I knew was pure evil, Dr. Carson. Whenever I would go through trials of testing, he was always there. It was him who tortured me the most, and one day, when I was going through another test, I opened my eye only a little, but I could see him smiling, if looks could kill, I'd be dead in a second. I never forgot that smile, I never will

In this terrible life, I had only one good person to talk to, and that was the guard who watched me. His name was John, he was nice to me, much more than anyone else, he would secretly bring me movies to watch, movies like Enter The Dragon, Naked Gun or Rio Bravo for example, and Books to read like Lord of The Rings or to Kill a Mocking Bird. The guys in charge knew what he was doing, but let it be because I would be much less resisting whenever he asked me to. I also got them to teach me Jeet kun Do, Bruce Lees style, I said that it seemed very efficient in battle, so they actually did and I loved it. the friendship I had with John was the only thing that kept me going in that place, until one day someone ended it.

After a couple years, the predeccessor of the title Azrael, Jean-Paul Valley, had come back for revenge on the Order. He was destroying everything they built and taking down anyone who got in his way. John went to go fight with Azrael, and I never saw him after that, but I regretfully saw another that day, Dr. Carson. Him and a group of his guards grabbed me and escaped before Azrael could get to them. I found myself in another facility, this one was much more crappy than the first. The Order of St. Dumas was ended, but Dr. Carson wasnt done with me. I could tell he had taken a lot of the things used for experimenting on me, and some new ones which made me afraid.

Dr. Carson told me "Now we can make you into the monter I always wanted you to be". His words were like a poisonous fume thst made me feel like I was gonna die. For a very long time, I was tortured beyond belief for experiments. The pain was almost unbearable. When I turned 13, they enhanced my physical attributes, which were already peak human by then, and made me above human. I believe they called it bio engineering. This made me much stronger, faster and more agile than ever before. slowly, my muscles grew in strength from being able to bench 3/4's of a ton to 6 tons, and overtime they said it would keep growing until I turned 18. They gave me shots that enhanced my precog beyond belief, I could predict the movements of a fly that was on the other side of the building. My reflexes were so great I was dodging bullets when they were right about to hit me, and this was without my precog. Of coarse, all these enhancments came with a heavy amount of pain that I'll never forget how much I suffered thanks to that one man.

When I turned 17, Dr. Carson began his implanting of something called the "System". This was used to try and control the past Azrael's, including Valley who had broken free of its control for a time but still had some problems over the years. Carson had strengthened the implant to have more control over me, knowing that the first one had glitches. I had to battle with it for long periods of time, because what Carson didnt take into account was how advanced my mind was getting everyday. Eventually, I won the battle of the minds and I brushed the system under the rug, but I still pretended to be under there complete control and they fell for it. After that, thinking I was theres to control, for two more years they had me watching videos of fights between the hero Batman, and on some occasions with the help of Robin, against numbers of criminals. They wanted me to kill him, because they believe it was because of him Valley broke free from them, which was true. They thought me watching him would help me to kill him, but all it did was inspire me.

I was ready to escape and be free, but what would I do after that? I had to plan, and so I did. I had decided to put to use the skills I had learned over the years and becoeme a hero like Batman, but thats not all I should plan for, I had to have a living outside that. They tried to teach me how to act normal, and I played along, but thanks to the time I had with John, I trained myself to be positive, so positive that I'm a goofball which I'm cool with. When I turned 19, I was ready to leave, I had learned all they could teach me, I was at my physical peek in all areas(I could lift 12 tons at my best). I wasnt just gonna escape though, I was gonna end Dr. Carson's nightmare of a facility with my departure. nights before my planned escape, I gained access to his main computer without being noticed. He had $10 billion dollars in the facilities account, he probably took it from St. Dumas when he left, and I was gonna drain it all. I opened a banking account for myself online and put about $200 million in it to start me o, the rest I would send to charities and various other places for donating. Day before my break out, I planted bombs all around the facility to go off when I wanted, I was gonna bury this place ti the ground and all the terrible things inside with it.

The day had finally come, and we were running routine command exercises, and they were trying to get me to run the obstacle coarse, but I said no. So they tried to drug me, bad move. I did a bruce Lee straight kick to the doctor and sent him flying. they sent 10 guards but of coarse, what were they to me? I easily took them all down and kept going, they tried to gas me, but they forgot the painful trials I went through becoming immune to basically every poison or knockout gas known to man, I shrugged it off. I began to blow up the front of the base, giving the people a warining to start leaving, I could care less about anyone else, but I was gonna have a talk with Dr. Carson before I took my leave. I found him running for a helicopter, using his guards to try and stop me, of coarse I tossed them aside like nothing. I rushed the coptor and knocked out the pilot. I pulled him out and kicked him hard

"You created this monster, Carson, now its time to pay the reaper!" I said, beating him but not enough to kill him

"You will... be doing what I've.. expected for so long! So go ahead, be a monster, and end it! Its what I've hoped for!" he said while laughing as I beat him, he was even sicker than I had first thought.

"You win this one, I wont kill you, because I'm becoming a hero, and thats not what we do." I replied, and I started to walk away

"HAHAHA!!! you become a hero?!?! You have been bread to kill Perseus, you may have stopped the system from having control, but like Valley, you will have to deal with it again!" he said, he sarted to get up and went to the ledge of the building and jumped

"We'll see, now wont we?" I said, and I left the building. I ignited the final bomb after making sure eveyone had gotten out. The nightmare was over for me, I was free to do what I wanted, and boy did it feel good. I said to myself, "Well, off to Gotham".

to be continued

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By TypingKira

Pure awesomesauce!!! 

It was a little long tho, but that's my only complaint! Can't wait for more!
ghostrider fan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ghostrider fan1
@TypingKira:
Thanks. Sorry for the length, it is just a prologue though, the chapters will be much shorter.(:
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TypingKira
@ghostrider fan1: It's cool, I liked every sentence :}
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CapFanboy

Wow, while I was reading this a plane went to australia and back. Seriously though, good prologue and can't wait to read the chapters

ghostrider fan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ghostrider fan1
@TypingKira: glad you enjoyed it!
@CapFanboy: lol i know its long and thanks!
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TypingKira
@CapFanboy said:
" Wow, while I was reading this a plane went to australia and back. Seriously though, good prologue and can't wait to read the chapters "
LOL, dude