The Black Eagle

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm thinking about making a fan-fic called the Black Eagle. It's about the prince of a fictional African nation called Buharia. After his parents, the king and queen, were overthrown and killed in a coup by a corrupt general; he flees to America with his uncle Isaac. As a child his uncle tells him about his parents and fills him with dreams of glory, he makes it his life's mission to reclaim his father's throne.

His uncle puts him through school and he proves to be very intelligent, going to Engineering school and getting his masters' degree. He builds an exoskeleton armed with a spear and various gadgets and weapons. He then flies back to Buharia to lead a rebellion against the general, kills him, and takes back his throne. He advances his country and makes it among the most powerful nations on Earth. He now has to defend his country from threats in the form of terrorists, foreign governments, and multinational corporations trying to exploit Buharia's resources.

You like it or nah?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@gordyman: Sounds very much like the Black Panther

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@gordyman Yeah. I don't even read Marvel and I agree. You should do more to differentiate the character. Maybe rename him or tinker with his origins until you come up with something that is more original.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was an inspiration but I guess there are too many similarities.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@impurestcheese said:

@gordyman Yeah. I don't even read Marvel and I agree. You should do more to differentiate the character. Maybe rename him or tinker with his origins until you come up with something that is more original.

I really wanted to explore African politics with this character so I don't know how to re-work his origin without it sounding so much like the Black Panther.

What do you think I should name him?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@gordyman: I say just do it!

Everyone is a knock-off of someone but if you make the story your own then Black Eagle could fly, pun deliberate!

Just a few tweaks to the origin like does he have to be a prince? Why not just a rich kid? Or better yet a gifted kid from poor parents? Does it have to be his uncle? His aunty could be smart. Also why America? Sure its the classic home of the free land of the fat but why not Canada or England or even Australia. Could Black Eagle be a girl?

Changing it will keep it away from being Black Panther and more your own. Write it up, post it and let me know

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gordyman

@gordyman: I say just do it!

Everyone is a knock-off of someone but if you make the story your own then Black Eagle could fly, pun deliberate!

Just a few tweaks to the origin like does he have to be a prince? Why not just a rich kid? Or better yet a gifted kid from poor parents? Does it have to be his uncle? His aunty could be smart. Also why America? Sure its the classic home of the free land of the fat but why not Canada or England or even Australia. Could Black Eagle be a girl?

Changing it will keep it away from being Black Panther and more your own. Write it up, post it and let me know

Black Panther's origin is this similar?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not going to do your homework for you @gordyman: go have a look at his page or wikipedia or Marvel database

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not going to do your homework for you @gordyman: go have a look at his page or wikipedia or Marvel database

I'll have to change some stuff around them. Though I really wanted to keep the African royalty thing because I want to explore African politics.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

There's also the Black Bat. =P

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@gordyman You could always just write a Fan-Fic on Black Panther, no?

There's a lot of great material to pull from and the ideas you have for your Black Eagle story could be added for a potentially great story.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The Impersonator

@gordyman said:

@the_impersonator said:

How about the Iron Eagle?

Sounds like Iron Man. Maybe, you should call him "Eagle Man."

Or you could have Black Eagle as Black Panther's sidekick. Kinda like Batman and Robin.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishlad: Naw this is an original work.

@gordyman said:

@the_impersonator said:

How about the Iron Eagle?

Sounds like Iron Man. Maybe, you should call him "Eagle Man."

Or you could have Black Eagle as Black Panther's sidekick. Kinda like Batman and Robin.

1. Idk, Eagle Man sounds too generic lol.

2. I wanted it to be original.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The Impersonator

@gordyman: Hmmm...I guess Black Eagle would do fine. I mean there's Black Bat again. When we say Black Bat, it sounds like Batman wearing a black costume.

If you could picture the former prince wearing a black eagle costume, it wouldn't be a problem,. Look at Vulture, he's green. Have the wings on the Black Eagle's costume. So you have the Black Eagle's separate look from Black Panther. Include the bird mask too. These are my suggestions.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By batkevin74

@gordyman: Iron Eagle is the name of a film starring Lou Gossett Jr and spawned like 5 sequels

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Impersonator

@gordyman: Iron Eagle is the name of a film starring Lou Gossett Jr and spawned like 5 sequels

Not only there's an Iron Eagle movie. There's also Black Eagle. =P

No Caption Provided

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Doesn't matter, I can't think of anything else :p

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@the_impersonator: @batkevin74: It's not such a big deal. There's also a movie called the Avengers that came out before Marvel's Avengers.

Oh yeah. I do seem to recall that movie. =P