The Beast Chapter 1: Awakening

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By lowlaville

Alex always dreamed of becoming a Superhero. Watching all those news on T.V about his favorite hero: Spiderman only fueled this urge. However instead of choosing science, he chose a different route. Alex was convinced true power lay in the mystic arts of sorcery. That's all he'd read at libraries.

Alex was just an ordinary existence in the small town of Levender. He studied hard and passed with excellent marks in every subject. Alex wasn't considered a genius, in fact relying on his hard work to succeed. On the sidelines, he was doing his level best to gain power.

The breakthrough for him came when he ran into a travelling carnival that just happened to stop by Lavander for a night. Many from across the town gathered around the tents as they were set up in the football stadium. There were cages filled with all sorts of animals, jugglers, big and small men and of course magical items and people performing magic tricks.

What interested Alex was an eery old woman that sat in a small left out tent. There was a board, hanging right above the opened folds of the tent. It read, "All Seeing Madam Matrona". Alex walked in. There was a round table in the middle, where the woman sat on the other side of the table, on a stool.

"I have been expecting you, little Jack." She said, gesturing to the stool on the opposite end of the table, inviting Alex to sit down.

"My name is not Jack..." Alex sighed, immediately realizing she was a phony. But just so, Alex did not turn the woman down. He sat down on the stool, rigidly facing this woman, this old hag with wrinkles on her withered skin, almost like it had melted.

The woman looked at Alex with hazy white eyes, and only then did he realize she could not see. She was blind. The illusion of 'looking' was probably the product of experience and sensing where her customer was. "What is your name then?" She asked gently, smiling. She slipped a hand under the desk, and produced three golden cards, about 5 centimeters long and 3 centimeters wide.

"My name is Alex Sunder." Alex replied. He watched carefully as the woman took out 3 cards and placed them facing down on the table.

"Well...Alex Sunder..." She clasped both her hands directly above the three cards, and talked in a language he'd not heard before, "私は、神秘的な力を呼び、彼が選んだのこの致命1を付与します!" As she said these words, the cards started giving off an spooky glow, "as my first customer in nearly a decade...I shall grant you a special gift. Choose." She rested her hands on the sides, waiting for Alex.

Alex did not know what to do. A simple enough task. After a while of just pondering on the three cards, he chose the one card with the faintest glow.

"Turn it." The woman ordered.

Alex did as he was told. There was the shadow of what looked like an ant on the card.

"Ha!" The woman shouted, "The Insect. Now choose."

Alex looked at her, confused. "Choose what?"

"The Insect." She repeated herself, "Now choose!" But this time, rather impatiently.

"Tauras Scarab..." Alex replied without thinking at all. Its a species of dung beetle called Onthophagus Tauras, a particularly useful beetle for farmers in getting rid of flies and making their lands fertile. He's read about this particular insect in class. There was even a homework on it.

And then, something Bizarre happened. Alex grew into a monster and devoured the whole planet. And then he was sucked into a void of nothingness. Alex jumped out of the bed, screaming. It had been a terrible nightmare. But was it really?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Hmm interesting, some issues with capitalisation such as the word bizarre. And dung beetles? Can't think of a better exemplar of strength, persistence and fortitude.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

This is pretty interesting.

Keikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Keikai

What is this?

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@deus said:

What is this?

Just something random. I'm trying to build on this.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Awesome stuff.

Keep up the good work.

^_^