Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jsykes24

GRUNDY

PART 1

GOTHAM WAREHOUSE

NIGHT

The camera shows a warehouse where cash is being stockpiled instead of laundered. The scene is very quiet. Suddenly a loud crash is heard, and the camera cuts to Batman being thrown through a wall. Batman shakes his head and slowly pulls himself up. Through the hole in the building, a hulking figure walks into the warehouse. Batman looks up at the figure, and he gets into a fighting stance. The figure is wearing a grey and black torn up suit, his skin is a terrible grayish blue, and its face is a mixture of anger and fear.

The figure runs at Batman, swinging a huge fist that Batman barely dodges. The monster is fast for its size. Batman throws two batarangs at the figure that explode on contact, but the monster only stumbles a bit and continues to attack Batman. This time the monster delivers a devastating kick to the chest of Batman, sending Batman flying across the room into a large stack of cash. The figure lifts Batman by his throat.

Figure: Solomon Grundy…..Born on a Monday

FADE OUT

THE BATMAN

Joseph Gordon Levitt as Bruce Wayne/ Batman

Matt Damon as Harvey Dent

Gary Oldman as Lt. James Gordon

Ellen Page as Rachel Dawes

Sir Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth

Christina Ricci as Gilda Dent

Isaiah Washington as Lucius Fox

SPECIAL GUEST STARS:

James Gandolfini as Carmine Falcone

Vincent Curatola as Sal Maroni

Daniel Cudmore as Solomon Grundy

PART 2

WAYNE MANOR

DAY

48 HRS EARLIER

Bruce is for once found sleeping in his room. Alfred comes into the room with a tray of breakfast; he wakes Bruce up and smiles a bit at him.

Alfred: It’s about time you got a good night’s rest.

Bruce squints into the daylight, and then sits up in bed.

Bruce: What time is it?

Alfred: 4 o’clock. I trust you’re well rested?

Bruce: No time for breakfast Alfred, I’ve got to make an appearance at Wayne Enterprises so that what Bruce Wayne does in his free time won’t be up to questioning , then it’s time to find out more about this drug deal going down tonight.

Alfred: I assume this deal is going to be big Master Bruce?

Bruce: You assume right Alfred. Maroni has been trying to make power moves since Falcone left to visit Italy for a week. So far I’ve been there to cut him off at every turn, but tonight he’s got some out of Towner’s coming in to help him move his drugs at a higher price. There’s going to be lots of muscle there and if I can take out Maroni tonight, then it’ll be a huge blow to organized crime in Gotham.

Alfred: Your dedication as always Master Bruce is worth applauding.

Bruce: Thanks Alfred, now I think it’s time I got dressed. Get the car ready Alfred.

CUT TO:

MARONI’S RESTAURAUNT

DAY

Sal Maroni sits with his assistant, Vernon, eating lunch in his own Italian restaurant.

Maroni: Tell the guys at Star Labs I want the project on site and under restraints until the Bat interferes.

Vernon adjusts his glasses and picks at his meal.

Vernon: How dddo you know he will show up Mr. Maroni?

Maroni: He’s been busting up my operations all week, trying to pin it all on me. He’s being overzealous, and that’s what’s going to cost him his life, and give me control of Gotham.

Vernon: What do you call the thing anyways?

Maroni: The project? Well it’s not too bright, and for some reason it’s been stuck on the old nursery rhyme Solomon Grundy. So that’s what we call it.

Maroni finishes his meal and gets up to leave.

Maroni: Make sure they have it there and ready Vernon. We’ve got no room for errors.

FADE OUT

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WAYNE ENTERPRISES

DAY

Bruce Wayne walks into the office of Lucius Fox. Lucius looks up as Bruce walks in and smiles.

Lucius: Taking a break from the crime busting business Mr. Wayne?

Bruce smirks at gestures at Lucius to follow him. The two walk through the halls of Wayne Enterprises.

Lucius: What is it that brings you down today Mr. Wayne? More tech needed?

Bruce: No Lucius I just wanted to see how things were running here. Anything I should know about?

Lucius: Well we do need your approval on a deal with Kord Industries. They want to work with us on some contracts for the army.

Bruce looks over some papers handed to him by Lucius, he signs them, and then hands them back.

Lucius: One more thing Mr. Wayne. I hired a new secretary yesterday; she will be here to handle anything and everything you need when you’re here. She’s very efficient. Ahh here she is now, Ms. Madson.

Bruce: Lucius I highly doubt I need…

Bruce stops midsentence he sees the young assistant walking towards him and Lucius. She has brown hair and is wearing a black and white dress.

Lucius: Bruce this is Julie Madson, your new assistant.

Julie: Nice to meet you Mr. Wayne.

Bruce shakes her hand then begins to lead her down the corridor.

Bruce: So shall we talk a bit Ms. Madson, get acquainted?

Julie: Please Mr. Wayne, just call me Julie.

Bruce: Well Julie I’m sure it’ll be a pleasure having you around.

Bruce walks past a window in a lobby of the floor and sees that the sun is setting.

Bruce: Ms. Madson I’m sorry to cut this talk short but it’s getting a bit late and I have dinner plans, but how about me and you have dinner tomorrow night?

Julie: That would be nice Mr. Wayne.

Bruce: Great.

CUT TO:

RACHEL’S HOTEL

NIGHT

Rachel, along with Harvey and Gilda Dent, sit in her hotel room drinking coffee.

Gilda: How long will you be staying here Rachel? I can imagine it’s been pretty nice living the life of luxury for a bit.

Rachel: It’d be nicer to have my own place to call home again. Bruce has been helping me look for places close to the office.

Harvey Dent: You know with what happened with that assassin, it’s no wonder Falcone decided to take his vacation when you didn’t end up getting killed. Now Maroni is trying to make moves to grab the number one spot. Falcone isn’t going to be happy about this when he gets back.

Rachel looks up at Harvey and realizes what he is trying to say.

Rachel: Soon enough Gotham could be in the middle of a full-fledged gang war.

Harvey: Exactly, this is why we need to put one of these monsters down and for good.

Rachel: And how do you suppose we do that Harvey?

Harvey: Drastic measures Rachel. We need to start working hands on with the Batman.

Rachel looks at Harvey skeptically.

Harvey: C’mon Rachel. He saved you and Gilda’s lives.

Rachel: That doesn’t mean we should let him cross a line we can’t.

Harvey: He isn’t out there killing people Rachel. Taking drastic measures is what we need right now.

Rachel: Fine Harvey. We’ll try it you and Gordon’s way, but let’s just hope this doesn’t blow up in our faces.

CUT TO:

GOTHAM DOCKS

NIGHT

5 cars pull are shown at the docks. Men in black suits step out of the cars, some of them armed. Maroni walks to a car a few feet away where Bobby Gazzo, crime boss of Metropolis steps out.

Maroni: Bobby, a pleasure to see you.

Bobby Gazzo: Cut the pleasantries Maroni. Show me the product.

Maroni smirks and snaps his fingers. 5 men bring suitcases and place them on the car next to Gazzo and Maroni. They open the cases and cocaine is seen.

Maroni: This is premium stuff, the stuff they want in Metropolis. We split whatever is earned and we sell this for all it’s worth.

Bobby Gazzo: Deal.

Batman suddenly drops onto the hood of the car, jumps off, and kicks both men in the face.

Batman: I don’t think so.

8 guards begin to attack, some pull their guns. Batman quickly throws a smoke bomb, and begins to dismantle the 3 guards with guns. When the smoke clears, the three guards are unconscious. Batman appears behind guard 4 and as soon as the guard throws a punch, Batman easily blocks it and dislocates the guards shoulder. Batman then kicks the guard in the face then turns to catch the leg of a guard who attempted a kick. Batman sweeps the other leg and as the guard falls kicks him into another oncoming guard. The last two guards run at Batman, and Batman grabs the first Guard. He knees him in the gut then delivers a quick elbow to the back of the head. The last guard attempts a punch but his arm is caught, twisted behind his back, then Batman slams his head through a passenger window. Batman drops the unconscious guard.

Maroni scrambles away and pulls out his phone. He punches a speed dial.

Maroni: RELEASE IT!

Batman grabs Maroni by the collar.

Batman: You’re going to prison Maroni.

Maroni smirks at Batman’s words, leaving Batman puzzled.

Maroni: Doubt it.

Suddenly Batman is hit by a hulking fist and the blow sends him flying into one of the cars. The impact leaves a sizeable dent in the cars side. Batman slowly gets up to see the hulking monster standing over him.

Solomon Grundy: Solomon Grundy….Born on a Monday.

FADE OUT

GOTHAM DOCKS

NIGHT

Batman looks up as Grundy is about to bring both if his fist down on his back. Batman quickly jumps and places two pieces of plastique on each of the monsters eyes. Grundy lets out a yell of anger and begins to grab at his eyes. Batman jumps back a few feet, pulls out a small detonator, and presses it.

The explosion goes off and there is nothing but smoke where Grundy was standing. Batman braces himself, when suddenly the monster comes charging once again, seemingly unaffected by the blast. Batman dodges Grundy’s blow, rolls between his massive legs, and begins to pound away at the monster. The blows have no effect, and Grundy swats Batman away as if he were a fly. Batman lands 7 feet away, and struggles to get up. Maroni approaches Batman and kneels beside him as he is getting up.

Maroni: It’s not too much fun when you’re the one getting smacked around eh Bats?

Batman quickly elbows Maroni in the face, and then begins to walk towards Grundy once again. Batman presses a button on his utility belt, removes 4 batarangs, and throws them all at Grundy. Grundy catches all 4 and they explode in his hand.

Batman: You want a fight, I’ll give you one.

Batman charges at Grundy this time, leaping and delivering a cross kick to the face of the monster. Grundy tries to swat Batman away once again, but Batman narrowly dodges. Batman begins to pound away on the midsection of the monster, his blows are rapid fire. He continues to punch and punch but the blows are barely budging Grundy. Grundy grabs Batman and begins to squeeze him. Batman lets out a yell of pain as the behemoth starts to crush him.

Suddenly the roar of an engine is heard and Batman slips out of Grundy’s grip. Batman jumps sideways as suddenly the Batmobile careens into the chest of Grundy, knocking him into the water. Maroni looks on in shock as he watches Batman look at the water once, then jump into the waiting car and drive off.

Maroni: Damn it, I was close. So damn close! Get someone over here to fish that thing out of the water.

Vernon: Yes Sir Mr. Maroni.

Suddenly a rumble can be heard coming from the water, and Maroni and Vernon look towards the water. With tremendous force Solomon Grundy shoots out of the water and lands next to Vernon and Maroni.

Solomon Grundy: Born on a Monday…..

Maroni: You work for me, you understand? I said do you understand Freak?

Grundy looks at Maroni, and then looks ahead. Suddenly he grabs Maroni by the throat and quickly snaps his neck. Vernon shrinks away in fear, as he watches Grundy lumber forward to a manhole cover, rip it off, and drop down into the sewer below.

BATCAVE

NIGHT

The Batmobile pulls into the batcave, and Batman hops out immediately and pulls of his cowl. He is limping a bit and he walks over to his forensics set up. Alfred is bringing down a tray of tea when he notices Bruce limping.

Alfred: Catching Maroni didn’t go well sir?

Bruce: Maroni has some kind of monster. I managed to take it out for a moment but I know that thing isn’t down. I’m going to pull some skin particles off my gloves and see what exactly this thing is made out of.

Alfred: And then what sir?

Bruce: Find a way to take it down. This thing has got the strength of that clown in metropolis. It could end up taking out the entire city.

FADE OUT

FADE OUT

WAYNE ENTERPRISES

DAY

Lucius Fox is sitting in his office when Bruce Wayne walks in accompanied by Julie Madson.

Julie: Mr. Fox, Mr. Wayne is here to see you.

Lucius: Thanks Julie, could you give us a moment.

Julie walks out of the office as Bruce sits down.

Lucius: I heard about that wreckage at the docks, something tells me you were there to witness whatever did that.

Bruce: You’d be correct, and I need you to help me stop this thing. Maroni has brought back a corpse using swamp matter with the help of some corrupt scientist at S.T.A.R labs. This thing is powerful, as in throws cars powerful. It’s some kind of super zombie.

Lucius: And you say it’s made out of swamp matter?

Bruce: Yes. I pulled a sample of one of my gloves.

Bruce pulls a small vial from his suit coat jacket and hands it to Lucius.

Lucius: Follow me Mr. Wayne.

CUT TO:

R AND D DEPARTMENT

WAYNE ENTERPRISES

Lucius shows Bruce the way to a number of drawers, then begins to pull them open. Lucius picks up a pair of black gloves similar to the ones Batman wears, but much heavier.

Lucius: Wear these tonight; they’ll help you take this thing off its feet. Press this button on the side of the glove and an electrical current will run through the gloves. Basically these things pack quite the punch, if you’ll excuse the poor pun. And then there’s this…

Lucius pulls out a small disk not much bigger than a CD, with a trigger mechanism on the back of it.

Lucius: This emits an electromagnetic pulse strong enough to knock the power out of the entire city. You need to put this right where its heart should be, and trigger it.

Bruce examines both then smiles at Lucius.

Bruce: You never cease to amaze me Lucius.

Lucius: Just trying to help my favorite vigilante Mr. Wayne.

CUT TO:

WAYNE MANOR

DAY

Alfred is preparing dinner when he hears the doorbell ring. He makes his way to the grand hall and answers the door. At the door is Rachel Dawes, and she looks very worried.

Alfred: Ms. Dawes, what brings you here?

Rachel: Stressful work day Alfred. When one of the biggest crime bosses in the city is found dead, you wouldn’t be able to imagine the frenzy that starts. Is Bruce around? I wanted to talk to him about something important.

Alfred: I’m afraid not Miss. He went to discuss business with Mr. Fox at Wayne Enterprises.

Rachel looks saddened by this information, and Alfred notices immediately.

Alfred: Anything I can help with MS. Dawes?

Rachel: No Alfred thanks anyways. Could you tell him I stopped by?

Alfred: I’m glad you haven’t given up on him yes Ms. Dawes.

Rachel: For some reason I just can’t yet. Good bye Alfred.

Rachel turns to leave as Alfred watches her leave.

CUT TO:

JIM GORDON’S HOME

NIGHT

Jim Gordon is standing outside his home, smoking a cigarette as he watches the streets.

Batman( off screen): We have a very big problem.

Jim Gordon turns around and is clearly startled by the appearance of Batman.

Gordon: You ever think about changing your colors to something less scary? Maybe blue and grey?

Batman: Maroni’s dead, and that creature that turned the docks into a war zone is stalking Gotham like a predator.

Gordon: We have to find that monster, from what we saw at the docks, this thing could kill us all.

Batman: I already have a way of tracking the monster. It’s moving through the Gotham Sewers. But not for long...

Gordon: What do you have planned?

Batman: I’ve got charges set so that the sewers will flood. It’ll cause a bit of a problem for citizens but they can manage for a bit. That’ll draw the thing out.

Gordon: How are you going to take that thing out?

Batman: I have a way. Call Metropolis PD, and get their Special Forces unit down here. They’ll be able to contain and deal with Grundy once I take him down.

Gordon: Grundy?

Batman: Yes. The creature likes to call itself Solomon Grundy.

Gordon looks towards the street in disgust.

Gordon: What the hell is happening to this city?

Gordon turns back around to see that Batman is gone.

CUT TO:

A manhole cover explodes off its hinges, and Solomon Grundy burst out of the sewers. He is drenched in sewage and clearly angry. Grundy begins to march towards the city.

Solomon Grundy: Solomon Grundy…Born on a Monday…Solomon Grundy…Born on a Monday

FADE OUT

WAYNE MANOR

NIGHT

Bruce is walking downstairs when the doorbell rings. Alfred is seen hurrying forth to answer the door. Alfred opens it and we see a man dressed in all black somewhat formal attire. He has a streak of white in his otherwise black hair.

Alfred: How can we help you sir?

Man: I’m looking for Bruce Wayne.

Bruce approaches the door and looks a bit puzzled by the man.

Bruce Wayne: And what business do you have with me?

Man: Mr. Wayne my name is Jason Blood, and I’m here to assist you once you take down the creature Mr. Maroni created.

Bruce looks worried for a second then goes into hopeless playboy mode and launches into his façade.

Bruce: Look Mr. Blood hey I don’t know what you’re on but I’d be glad to get a few female friends over and take some with you if you’d like.

Jason Blood: Please Mr. Wayne. This is no time for your masquerade. S.T.A.R Labs will not be able to hold that creature for long, however I can. When you take him down, and you must, I’ll transfer him to another dimension.

Bruce looks taken aback a bit, then recovers and drops his façade.

Bruce: Do you know where Grundy is now?

Jason: He’s in east Gotham, rampaging through a bunch of warehouses. It won’t be long till he reaches the city, so I suggest you hurry.

CUT TO:

The beginning sequence is shown once again, and Grundy is now holding Batman by the neck. Batman manages to press the button on the side of the gloves given to him by Lucius and swings his weight forward to deliver an electric charged punch to Grundy’s jaw. Grundy howls in pain and immediately drops Batman. Grundy staggers back and then charges at Batman, however Batman dives aside then tosses 3 small pellets at Grundy. The pellets explode on contact, and release an electrical charge that weakens Grundy. Grundy drops to one knee and Batman quickly presses the advantage. Batman leaps at Grundy and delivers an onslaught of charged punches that rock Grundy back and forth. Grundy however once again delivers a punch to the chest of Batman sending him flying back once again. Batman struggles to stand, and Grundy backhands Batman into a machine. Batman lets out a yell of pain, and he is seen bleeding from his mouth. Grundy grabs Batman and slowly pulls him to his feet. Batman slowly reaches down into his utility belt and grabs the disk Lucius gave him and quickly tosses onto the chest of Grundy. Grundy tosses Batman away and looks down at the disk on his chest. Batman grabs the detonator and presses it.

Solomon Grundy: Born on a Monday….Solomon Gr…

A massive electrical explosion goes off, Grundy screams in pain and Batman dives away from the explosion. The smoke clears and Grundy is seen standing paralyzed, he slowly drops to his knees, then falls, seemingly unconscious. Batman walks over to the body of Grundy and examines it.

Jason Blood (off screen): Well done.

Batman turns to see Jason Blood walking towards the body of Grundy. Batman steps away and bit and watches Jason.

Jason kneels next to the body and begins to murmur chants under his breath. A portal opens under Grundy as slowly, and it’s similar to a black hole. Batman stares in shock as Grundy is sucked into the portal and the portal instantly closes. Jason stands up and walks towards Batman.

Batman: It seems you have some talent.

Jason Blood: That was just a small example. Anyways I was more than glad to help. Perhaps When I need the assistance, you can aid me.

Batman: Possibly.

Jason Blood: Till we meet again Batman.

Jason begins to walk away as the camera fades out.

WAYNE ENTERPRISES

DAY

Bruce is walking into Wayne enterprises; his walk is a bit hobbled. Julie is sitting at the front desk and notices.

Julie: Good afternoon Mr. Wayne. What happened to your leg?

Bruce: Bit of a skiing accident, but what I came here for today was to see if you wanted to go out for a bit of lunch. I know a great Mexican place downtown.

Julie: That would be great let me get my coat.

Bruce smiles as Julie leaves for a moment, He turns to see Rachel behind him.

Bruce: Rachel…What are you doing here?

Rachel: I’ve been trying to get ahold of you. Did Alfred tell you I stopped by?

Bruce: Yes I’ve just been busy Rachel.

Julie walks back into the room and Bruce wraps his arm around her.

Bruce: Look Rachel, can we finish this another time?

Rachel looks at Bruce as if seeing him clearly for the first time.

Rachel: You know what, never mind Bruce.

Rachel storms out of the room as Bruce stares after her, looking slightly disappointed.

GOTHAM AIRPORT

NIGHT

A man steps off a jet followed behind closely by a crew of man carrying his bags. The man is Carmine Falcone. He is greeted by his nephew, Johnny Viti.

Johnny: Maroni is dead Uncle Carmine.

Falcone: So I’ve heard Dear nephew. I think it’s time I reestablished my empire.

FADE OUT

CREDITS