jsykes24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

GOTHAM JUNK YARD

NIGHT

Eight men walk up to a fence surrounding a junk yard. They are all masked, and the man in front pulls out a pair of lock cutters. He easily cuts the lock and the group silently moves into the junk yard.

Man 1: Look for the truck. Falcone wants us to make sure the package is inside, and bring the truck to one of his warehouses. Let’s do this quick, now move.

The Group splits apart, they search through the junk yard to no avail, when finally a large semi is found on the far side of the large junk yard.

The man who found the truck opens the back doors, inside are hundreds of bricks of cocaine. The man picks up his radio.

Man 2: We got it.

Batman (off-screen): And I’ve got you.

The man turns and lets out a scream at the sight of the Batman.

CUT TO:

On the other side of the graveyard, 3 of the men stop suddenly as they here the scream.

Man 4: What the hell was that?

Man 1: Let’s go.

He checks his gun and moves toward where the truck is located. As he and the two others move across the yard, Batman silently drops down behind them. Batman quickly grabs the first man and tosses him into a pile of metal. The other two turn their guns to see nothing behind them. Once again Batman is behind them; He grabs Man 4 and delivers a palm strike to the face, shattering his nose. He kicks the other henchmen in the gut, and then delivers a knee to the face as he is doubled over. Batman finishes them both by upper cutting Man 4, and in one fluid motion kicking the other in the jaw.

The last 4 men finally reach the truck and see the unconscious body of their teammate.

Man 5: What the hell? Get in the truck; let’s get the hell out of here. Two of the four men go to get into the front seat. While the other two get into the back with the shipment.

Before the henchmen can get into the driver’s seat, Batman drops down behind him and immediately slams his head into the driver’s side window. He falls unconscious, the other man instantly draws his weapon but Batman quickly tosses a batarang at him, causing him to drop his weapon. Before the henchmen can recover, Batman grabs on to the roof of the truck, and launches himself through the front seat cab feet first to deliver a vicious kick to the chest of the henchman. The man falls hard to the ground and is clearly defeated.

In the back of the truck, the last two men wait for the truck to start moving.

Man 5 opens the truck.

Man 5: What the hell is taking so…

The man is hit with a punch to the chest followed by his head being slammed into the walls of the truck by Batman. Before the second man can react, Batman delivers a spinning elbow to the face followed by a series of punches that leaves the man slumped against the wall unconscious. Batman grabs Man 5 and lifts him to his feet.

Batman: What’s Falcone’s next move? Why’s he moving such a large shipment?

Man 5: Your crippling his sales, he’s trying to sell more so he’s getting more out on the streets.

Batman: Tell Falcone he’s not safe, this is my city.

Batman knocks the man out and quickly exits the truck.

CUT TO:

A man in a trench coat is getting out of a cab. He has black hair with a thin mustache. He is wearing some kind of suit underneath the coat, but it can barely be seen. The man is greeted by Milos, and they shake hands.

Milos: Welcome to Gotham City Mr. Lawton. Mr. Falcone would like to meet with you before showing you your hotel room.

Floyd Lawton: Pleased to be here. It’d be an honor to meet the Roman.

Fade out on Lawton smiling.

THE BATMAN

Joseph Gordon Levitt as Bruce Wayne/ Batman

Matt Damon as Harvey Dent

Gary Oldman as Lt. James Gordon

Ellen Page as Rachel Dawes

Sir Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth

Christina Ricci as Gilda Dent

Isaiah Washington as Lucius Fox

SPECIAL GUEST STARS:

James Gandolfini as Carmine Falcone

Vincent Curatola as Sal Maroni

Jason Mewes as Floyd Lawton aka Deadshot

PART 2

WAYNE MANOR

DAY

Alfred is carrying a tray of food up to Bruce’s bedroom. He reaches the room only to see it is empty, the bed has not been slept in.

Alfred sighs to himself and begins to make his way down to the cave. Alfred enters the cave to see Bruce at the computer still in costume but without his cowl.

Alfred: You really ought to get some sleep sir.

Bruce: I can’t right now Alfred. There’s work to be done.

Alfred sets the tray next to Bruce and looks to see what he is working on. There is video footage in the D.A’s office.

Alfred: Don’t you think this is invading Ms. Dawes and Mr. Dent’s privacy?

Bruce: This is to make sure they are both safe, I know Falcone has set some kind of plan in motion. I just don’t know what, but I’ve got an idea on how to find out.

Alfred: And how will you do that sir?

Bruce: By talking to the Roman’s personal assistant, a man by the name of Milos. I’ve been watching the Roman and his people closely, and I think it’s time I personally shake up those closest to him, starting with Milos.

Alfred: Well don’t forget sir that Mr. Falcone has invited you to his dinner party at his penthouse.

Bruce: I haven’t, and I will be attending, you can count on that Alfred. But first I need to speak with a friend.

CUT TO:

FALCONE’S OFFICE

DAY

Falcone sits at his desk per usual. He is smoking a cigar as Milos pours him a drink. Sitting in a chair across from him is Floyd Lawton. He is still wearing the trench coat that is covering some sort of costume.

Falcone: Mr. Lawton, I’m told you are one of the very best at taking care of certain problems.

Floyd Lawton: I’d like to think so. My record is impeccable.

Falcone: Well the pay is 3 million. Milos, show him is target.

Milos pulls a picture from the inside pocket of his suit and puts it on the desk in front of Lawton. The picture is of Rachel Dawes.

Lawton picks up the picture and examines it.

Lawton: Well, isn’t she quite the looker. This should be fun.

Falcone: I don’t care how you get it done, just get it done. Anything you need, we will provide.

Lawton gets up from the chair with a smirk, and exits the office.

Falcone looks at Milos skeptically.

Falcone: You sure you got the right guy?

Milos: Trust me Mr. Falcone. I’ve never failed you before.

Falcone: And this better not be the time to start.

CUT TO:

D.A’S OFFICE

DAY

Harvey Dent sits his desk looking over various cases. He looks up at Rachel walks in clearly flustered.

Rachel Dawes: The Roman is throwing a dinner party tonight. We need to be there.

Harvey Dent: Always straight to the point with you Rachel. But your right, we do need to be there. But there’s no way we are getting into that dinner.

Rachel: There’s got to be something we can do Harvey. Think about it, some of the city’s most corrupt officials will be there. People whose pockets the Roman has been padding for years. This is our opportunity to take a chunk out of The Roman’s empire by knowing exactly who he’s working with.

Bruce (off screen): Always so passionate Rachel, it’s one of your best traits.

Rachel and Harvey look to see Bruce walking in with a smirk on his face.

Rachel: What brings you down here with the hard working people Bruce? Aren’t there some supermodels that need laying?

Bruce: I just stop by to see how you guys were doing; you two are always working so hard.

Harvey: Well this city isn’t going to clean itself Bruce, that’s what we’re here for.

Bruce: It’s what Gotham needs, but it just so happens I’m invited to that dinner. I hope you guys don’t think I’m working for The Roman.

Rachel: Don’t worry Bruce, anything resembling work is not your style.

Bruce: Rachel you know me so well.

Anyways, I’ve got to get going. Meeting at Wayne Enterprises, Harvey always a pleasure.

Harvey: Same to you Bruce.

Bruce hugs Rachel, they share a moment.

Bruce: Be safe.

At those words, Bruce leaves the office.

Harvey chuckles at the expression on Rachel’s face.

Harvey: Someone’s still in love.

Rachel looks away frustrated.

CUT TO:

WAYNE ENTERPRISES

R AND D DEPARTMENT

DAY

Bruce Wayne walks through the department, looking at the various tech.

Lucius Fox: What can I do for you today Mr. Wayne?

Bruce chuckles to himself.

Bruce: Always straight to the point Lucius.

Lucius smiles at Bruce’s words.

Lucius: Well with you and your night time activities, time shouldn’t be wasted.

Bruce: Fair enough. What type of explosives do you have?

Lucius: Well I figured you would come to me eventually with such a question so I’ve got a few things prepared for you.

Lucius walks over to a rack of and pulls out a drawer. He motions to Bruce to come over.

Lucius: We’ve got your timed explosives here; nothing that will take out a whole building in flames since non-lethal is your style.

Plastique which is extremely effective, I also implemented some explosives that go off on impact in those batarangs you like so much.

Bruce: You never cease to amaze me Lucius.

Lucius: Just trying to help a young man I see making a difference.

Bruce: Well as usual I’ll take it all. For what I have planned tonight, I’ll need it.

FADE OUT

COMMERCIAL BREAK

PART 3

FALCONE PENTHOUSE

NIGHT

The camera shows a set of double doors. On both handles a do not disturb sign has been placed. Music and laughter can be heard through the doors. Two guards stand outside.

Falcone walks out of the doors, many people can be seen behind him as he closes the doors. He is wearing a white tux with a rose pinned to the jacket.

Falcone: Both of you, If Dent or Dawes shows up, make sure they are shown the exit without disturbing the guest.

The guards nod and Falcone walks back into the party.

Falcone is approached by Commissioner Loeb and Detective Flass.

Falcone: Gentleman, how are you enjoying the festivities?

Loeb: As usual Carmine your parties are exquisite. But if we could let’s talk about business, Mayor Hady come on over.

Loeb gestures to another man a few feet away. He is an older man, early sixties.

Mayor Hady: What can I do for my two favorite citizens?

Falcone: You can start by getting Dent off both our backs.

Mayor Hady: Look Falcone we’ve worked together a lot in the past and it’s benefitted both of us. But that’s too much heat to bring down on me.

Loeb: Surely there’s something we can do about this problem?

Flass: I can get the boys together Mr. Falcone, teach Dent a lesson or two.

Falcone: Not yet, Flass. But next week I’ll be flying to Italy on business, and then you can take a shot at Dent.

Flass smiles slyly at Falcone.

CUT TO:

D.A’S OFFICE

NIGHT

Rachel Dawes is getting ready for Falcone’s party. She is wearing an elegant blue dress. Harvey Dent walks in wearing an ordinary suit.

Harvey Dent: You might want to change into something more comfortable, especially for what we’re going to have to do.

Rachel looks at him puzzled.

Rachel: What do you mean?

Harvey: I mean that word is Falcone’s got the place heavily guarded, and the two of us are number one on his list of people to rough up and show the exit. Luckily I’ve got another idea. We get the license plate numbers of everyone at this thing, and then we can find out who else is on his payroll besides the usual suspects.

Rachel: I’m personally starting to think the Mayor is in business with him.

Deadshot (off screen): It’s a shame your assumption will never be elaborated on.

Rachel and Harvey turn to see a man dressed in a red and silver suit. He has two wrist mounted guns, and a targeting device on his mask.

Harvey: Who the hell are you?

Deadshot: I’m the man who brings death to those he’s paid to bring it to. And I’ve been told to bring it to you Ms. Dawes.

Rachel stares at the man in fear.

Deadshot: Now I’m supposed to leave you alive Mr. Dent, but one more death won’t cause too much of a stir.

Deadshot raises his right arm and aims at Rachel; the camera shows Rachel still frozen in fear. Suddenly Batman is behind Deadshot. He grabs Deadshot’s raised arm, spins him around, and hits him with an elbow to the ribs.

Deadshot stumbles back, collects himself, and begins to fire at Batman. Batman quickly throws a batarang but Deadshot dodges and fires again. Batman jumps out of the way but is hit in the leg with a bullet.

Deadshot laughs as he approaches where Batman has fallen.

Deadshot: Falcone told me I might have to deal with you; you’re not as tough as I’ve been told.

Batman kicks Deadshot in the gut then leaps to his feet. He staggers a bit, then charges at Deadshot before he can recover. Deadshot tries to throw a punch but Batman blocks it and delivers an elbow to the jaw followed by a kick to the face with his good leg.

Deadshot staggers back and falls. He chuckles as Batman slowly approaches him.

Deadshot: Another time Batman.

Deadshot leaps to his feet and dives out of the window behind him.

Rachel and Harvey stand behind Batman, clearly shocked.

Batman: Both of you stay here. I know you two are friends with Lt. Gordon, so call him first and make sure he and Merkel get here first.

Rachel: TThank you.

She is clearly shaken a bit and is stammering.

Batman barely acknowledges her and approaches the window Deadshot exited out of; he jumps out as Harvey follows right after to see where he’s gone. When Harvey looks out the window, Batman is gone.

Harvey: Well I think we might have an idea of his intentions.

CUT TO:

FALCONE PENTHOUSE

NIGHT

The two guards are still standing outside the room. Suddenly a small smoke bomb explodes in the hallway. Once the smoke clears, both of the guards are unconscious.

The party is shown once again, and it is in full swing. Some of Gotham’s most corrupt are in attendance, as well as Bobby Gazzo, Metropolis Organized Crime Leader.

Falcone: It’s good to have you here Bobby; Metropolis is doing great under you. Your father would be…

Suddenly the lights go out in the rooms. Everyone begins to murmur and some begin to panic.

Falcone: Everythings is fine everybody, calm down. I’ll have someone check the fuse box. Falcone gets within 5 feet of the exit when the doors explode, knocking him back. Everyone begins to scream and panic. Two spotlights come on where the doors were, and The Batman is standing there. The room goes silent.

Batman: Ladies and Gentleman. For years you have torn this city apart. Through crime and greed, you have shoved Gotham into an era of Decadence. You have preyed on the weak and fearful, not realizing that you yourselves are the weak. Tonight marks the beginning of the end for you all. I start with you Falcone.

Falcone stares in anger at Batman. Suddenly the spotlights go off and the lights in the room are back on, and the Batman is gone.

FADE OUT

COMMERCIAL BREAK

GOTHAM POLICE DEPARTMENT

DAY

Lt. James Gordon is sitting in the office of Gillian Loeb. Loeb is pacing back and forth behind his desk.

Gordon: You wanted to see me sir?

Loeb: That vigilante goes under as soon as possible Gordon. No excuses! After his attack on my good friend Falcone…

Gordon: Sir Carmine Falcone has been linked to various high profile crimes in Gotham.

Loeb is clearly outraged by Gordon’s words.

Loeb: Are you trying to tell me how to do my Job? I want him dead or arrested and I want it done immediately, or it’s your job! Get out.

Gordon walks out of the office, he sighs as he closes the door.

Harvey( off screen): Looks like Batman is getting under the skin of all the corrupt officials. The Mayor just held a press conference on “The Batman Menace”. You know what this means right?

Gordon: Batman is on our side, and we’re going to need him. What are you doing down here Dent? Anything you or Ms. Dawes wants to add to the report?

Harvey: No, I came here to tell you something we left out of the report intentionally. This place has got more leaks then we both can count.

Gordon nods and gestures towards his office. They walk in and both take a seat.

Harvey: The guy who attacked us yesterday got cocky and let slip that Falcone hired him.

Gordon: I believe you Harvey but how are we going to use that to our advantage? We’ve got no proof.

The camera starts to move around the room and it centers in on a photo of Gordon’s family sitting on his desk. Behind the photo is a small microphone that is blinking red.

CUT TO:

Across the street a man in worn down clothes is sitting on a bench. He is wearing a hoodie and has a a goatee. Under his hoodie is a ear piece and he is listening in on the conversation.

CUT TO:

Back in Harvey’s office, the conversation continues.

Harvey: Honestly Gordon, I don’t know. But I do know I don’t trust those cops watching Rachel’s place. Even worse is Gilda insisted on going over there to keep her company tonight.

Gordon: Look Harvey I know your concerned. But those cops are clean, trust me on this one.

They aren’t on Falcone’s payroll. Look, you’re overworked and underpaid. Go home and get some rest. Gilda and Rachel will be fine.

Harvey: Your one of the few people I trust in this city Gordon, I’ll take your word for it. Let me know if you hear anything.

CUT TO:

Outside across from the office, the man on the bench gets up and begins to go down the street. He walks a couple blocks, and then cuts into an alley. A Rolls Royce is waiting and the man gets into the back.

Alfred: I trust all went well sir?

The man begins pulling off his disguise, revealing Bruce.

Bruce: It did Alfred. Now I’ve got to catch this guy they call Deadshot.

Alfred: I searched for everything I could find on the fellow.

Alfred hands a bunch of papers to Bruce. Bruce begins to look through them as they pull off.

Bruce: His names Floyd Lawton, widely regarded as the second best assassin in the world. And it’s obvious who is target is. He’s too cocky for his own good, that’s how I’ll bring him down.

CUT TO:

RACHEL’S APARTMENT

NIGHT

Rachel and Gilda are sitting at the kitchen table. Both are holding mugs of tea.

Gilda Dent: How do you do it Rachel? Fighting day in and day out for a cause that seems hopeless, for a goal that seems so unattainable?

Rachel: Because it’s what I believe in. I know you hate seeing how this city breaks Harvey down. But his commitment to making this city better is why so many admire him.

Gilda: You’re right Rachel. But it’s hard to see him suffer to no avail. I don’t want this city to swallow him up. I just want my Harvey back.

Rachel touches Gilda’s hand warmly.

Rachel: Harvey’s too good and too strong to ever let this city swallow him up. Have faith in him Gilda, things will work out.

Gilda nods at Rachel’s words.

CUT TO:

Outside the apartment, two Gotham cops sit guarding the door. Two silenced shots go off, and they both fall, eyes open. Deadshot chuckles as he steps over their bodies towards the door.

Back inside, Rachel pours Gilda another cup of tea.

Rachel: Hopefully whoever this guy is who’s after me will be caught soon. I hate the idea of not being able to go to work.

Gilda laughs a bit at Rachel’s words.

Gilda: Typical Rachel Dawes. Instead of being worried about the guy trying to kill her, she’s worried about not being able to work.

Suddenly the door blasts open. Gilda and Rachel both duck down, and Deadshot steps into the room through a cloud of smoke.

Deadshot: I guess it’s time I reeducated you in fear Ms. Dawes.

Rachel gets up and backs away slowly from the approaching Deadshot. She is next to an open window and Deadshot is closing in.

Deadshot: Don’t look so upset Ms. Dawes. The only certainty we have is Death. You should feel special.

Deadshot lifts his arm to fire when suddenly a batarang slices through the air and lands in Deadshots wrist gun. It begins to flash green then switches to red and explodes.

Deadshot screams in pain and holds his arm, which he is surprised to see is still intact. However his left wrist mounted gun has been completely destroyed. As he gets up and turns to Rachel, Batman delivers a punch to the jaw that staggers Deadshot. Deadshot immediately begins to fire with his other wrist mounted gun and Batman ducks and rolls out of the way. Deadshot leaps over the couch and delivers a kick to the jaw of Batman, then another kick to the chest. As Batman is on the ground Deadshot begins to fire again, But Batman quickly rolls out of the way and throws a batarang that connects with the face of Deadshot. Batman quickly leaps to his feet, grabs Deadshot, and slams his head into a glass table nearby. However Deadshot then elbows Batman in the gut, and uppercuts him forcefully. Deadshot fires again and Batman narrowly dodges, however he is clipped twice in the leg and once again in the shoulder. Deadshot approaches the fallen Batman.

Deadshot: Why do you even do this? Some misguided code of honor? What makes you think these people deserve to be protected? Your nothing Batman, your overrated, and now you’re about to be forgotten.

Deadshot prepares to fire. Batman suddenly kicks the back of Deadshot’s knee, delivers another kick to his face, then grabs Gilda and Rachel and pulls them behind the island counter in the kitchen. Deadshot looks down to see an explosive attached to the floor at his feet. He scrambles to move as the explosion goes off, and knocks him into a nearby wall with tremendous force. Batman walks over to where Deadshot’s slumped against the wall. He picks him up by the throat.

Batman: You’re going to testify against Falcone, and then you’re going to spend life in blackgate for life.

Deadshot chuckles a bit.

Deadshot: I don’t think so Batman, but I will be leaving Gotham since Falcone won’t be happy that I couldn’t get the job done.

Deadshot knocks Batman’s hand away and kicks him in the chest. Deadshot runs towards the window, pauses and turns.

Deadshot: I plan on returning to Gotham Batman. See you soon.

Deadshot leaps out of the window. Batman drops to one knee, clearly injured and exhausted.

Rachel walks over to him, and places a hand on his shoulder.

Rachel: Are you ok? Thank you, for everything.

Batman struggles to stand and finally does.

Batman: You don’t have to thank me. Check on your friend, she might be in shock.

Rachel walks over to check on Gilda. When she turns back, Batman is gone.

CUT TO:

FALCONE PENTHOUSE

DAY

Carmine Falcone is in his master bedroom, as his assistant Milos pack his suitcases. He is clearly angry.

Falcone: This man, this freak, is costing me money. He is spitting in the face of my reputation. Your man couldn’t get it done. I hold you personally responsible Milos.

Milos: I am terribly sorry Mr. Falcone. Please, I accept any punishment you wish to bring upon me.

Falcone: Were you not my most trusted advisor and friend, I’d surely have you dealt with

accordingly. Do not take my kindness lightly Milos, do not fail me again. Understood?

Milos: Yes. Thank you Mr. Falcone.

Falcone stands in front of a mirror and ties his tie. In the mirror he can see Sal Maroni enter the room.

Maroni: City slipping out of your grasp Falcone? Looks like you’re taking a vacation to get away from the stress.

Falcone: Nothing’s changed Maroni. Nothing ever will change, you’ll never top me. You never had what it takes. You will always be second place.

Sal steps into the room and looks around. He walks closer to Falcone.

Maroni: Be careful Falcone. Things might be different in Gotham when you get back.

CUT TO:

RACHEL DAWES HOTEL

DAY

Rachel is sitting in her hotel room, unpacking her suitcases. There’s a knock on the door. Rachel looks to see whose outside, and then opens it. We see Bruce there in a blue suit.

Rachel: You know you really make it hard to stay mad at you.

Bruce: You have every right to stay mad at me Rachel. I’m sorry for leaving you. But you have been through a lot in the past few days and I just wanted to help out.

Rachel looks at Bruce with a smirk.

Rachel: Putting me up in a 5 star hotel while I find a new apartment is much more than just helping out. You know me better than that Bruce; I’m not some supermodel you’re looking to impress. You didn’t win my heart with your money.

Bruce: What is it going to take for us to go back the way things were?

Rachel: I don’t know Bruce. We just have to take things a day at a time.

Rachel hugs Bruce and once again they share a moment.

CUT TO:

STAR LABS

GOTHAM

NIGHT

Sal Maroni stands in an observation room with a group of scientist. He is looking down through a window at another group of scientist who are working on someone or something.

Maroni: I don’t care how much it cost. Just get this freak up and running. Where’d you guys find him anyway?

Scientist 1: He was found in a swamp on the outskirts of Gotham. Most of the body was preserved due to the large amounts of swamp matter covering him. When we revive him, he may very well be immortal.

Maroni: Just like my legacy’s going to be.

FADE OUT

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

This could be made into a comic book, just saying :) Looks very much like a comic book script

jsykes24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@themanintheshoe: Haha sadly I haven't yet learned how to write a proper screenplay.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

@jsykes24 said:

@themanintheshoe: Haha sadly I haven't yet learned how to write a proper screenplay.

Well, if you ever dreamed of writing comic books you know how to make script look legit.