Task Force HAMMER: #1 - Terrible People...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Task Force HAMMER: #1 - Terrible People...

Gemma hugged the wall as she headed towards the docks, trying to keep out of sight from the numerous dock workers and drunks that were milling around the meeting site. Just to make her situation worse after her last 'outing' as Columbina she had woken up dressed in a white ballet skirt and corset and high heeled boots. She knew Columbina liked attention so the shock was lessened if not the embarrassment.

"Well, well, well what do we have here?" A sadistic male voice sneered behind her, as gloved hands slammed her into the nearest wall. "How much for 'a go at it' whore? " The drunk dock worker asked as Gemma writhed in a vein attempt to escape, both of them oblivious to the growing shape heading their way.

"Remove your hands from her or lose them." A softly oriental accented voice ordered. Both the thug and Gemma turned to see a man dressed in Japanese plate mail, his hand resting on the hilt of his katana.

"You don't scare me freak!" The drunk bellowed as he shakily went to draw a flick knife from his pocket only to see a flash of silver and the bite of something cold, before looking at the stump where his hand had been. "Screw this I'm outta here." He mumbled before staggering away, leaving Gemma alone with the Samurai.

"Th...thank you." Gemma gasped as her rescuer replaced his sword in its scabbard.

"What are you doing here? " The Samurai asked. "And why are you dressed like a harlot?"

"I'm here meeting someone." Gemma answered as she desperately peered around the Samurai towards the docks.

"So am I." The Samurai announced. "A man called Fury, he and I have business to attend to."

"Fury? I was told to meet him as well." Gemma stated. "Do you know what he wants from you?" The Samurai twitched slightly before spinning round just in time to cut a flying mooring post in two as the wind began to pick up.

"Stay close, I have no idea what Fury wants you for but the fact he does is reason enough to keep you safe." The Samurai announced as he sprinted towards the source of flying debris. Nodding slightly Gemma reached down and untied a strap of cloth from around her leg.

"I don't trust you not to misbehave." Gemma told the mask in her hand. "But...but I don't feel safe all myself." She added before slipping the mask over her face and dropping down to pick up the dropped flick knife. Slinking after the American Samurai humming 'The First Cut is the Deepest' Gemma reached the dock and gasped; a woman dressed in white linen was levitating above a humanoid cow, a pair of metal spears in his hand.

"I don't know who you are but if you're an ally to Man Bull here then you will face the wrath of the Wind Warrior." The woman announced as a gust of wind forced Man Bull back five feet across the dock front.

"I ain't here to fight." Man Bull grunted as he threw his ad-hoc spears up at Wind Warrior, only for his projectiles to be ripped into metallic shards.

"Then the is no reason to be so..." The Samurai began to say before spinning around to block a slash from Gemma. "What but I saved you?"

"Not me, just the copilul." Gemma announced in accented English as she blocked the Samurai's second slash with her knife. "She sleeps while I Columbina; Europe's greatest assassin strikes." She added before springing away towards Man Bull, the blade jabbing into his shoulder. "Now Taurual, turn and fight or I'll twist this blade."

"Huh yeah right!" Man Bull snorted as he charged towards Wind Warrior only for a gust of wind to knock him, flying, the force of the impact knocking Columbina off his shoulders. Swinging round he made a clumsy grab for her, only for second wave of concussive force to send him crashing to the floor.

"Enough Monster we don't need your help." Wind Warrior hissed as she caught Columbina in a miniature tornado.

"Actually I think maybe we do." The Samurai announced as he leapt up and ripped the mask off Columbina's face. "I assume that this will help solve the problem." Blinking Gemma looked down in surprise before trying to flatten her skirt.

"Let the kid down Wind Warrior." A voice called out from the boat docked at the harbor called down. "I need you to stop killing each other and listen to me." Looking up the four brawling super humans saw the man they all had hopped wouldn't turn up.

"Fury as suspected." The Samurai stated. "Why did you call us here?"

"I need your help." Fury stated. "I can't rely on SHIELD assets. I know for a fact that someone within my organization is leaking information."

"About what?" Wind Warrior asked.

"On what you're all about to help me do." Fury answered. "About what we're going to save the world from."

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Bump. I'll try to read this all in order. Do you have a library for it?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: No jot yet. Writing on my phone at the moment so options are limited

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

Nice chapter.

Aside from that, there are minor mistakes that you need to watch out for.

"Huh yeah right!" Man Bull snorted as he charged towards Wimd Warrior only for a gust of wind to knock him, flying, the force of the impact knocking Columbina off his shoulders. Swinging round he made a clumsy grab for her, only for second wave of concussive force to send him crashing to the floor.

"Actually I think maybe we do." The Samurai announced as he leapt up and ripped the mask off Columbina's face. "I assume that this will help solve the problem." Blinking Gemma looked down in surpris before trying to flatten her skirt.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268