Superman vs. Goku: Rematch in Metropolis (Rated T+)

puiwaihin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By puiwaihin

Thought I'd announce the completion of a DC comics related fan fiction.  The full story can be found at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7080410/1/Superman_vs_Goku_Rematch_in_Metropolis 
 This is a sequel to a story already published in full on these forums: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6358660/1/Goku_vs_Superman_Confrontation_on_New_Namek
The following is the first chapter of the story:

Superman vs. Goku: Rematch in Metropolis

Notes on copyright issues: The characters Goku, Krillin, Number 18, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Gotenks, and Piccolo as well as the Namek race are the original creations of Akira Toriyama. "Superman" is a DC Comics property originally created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. All other characters appearing in this story are DC comics characters belonging to DC comics and the respective artists who created them. This work of "fan fiction" is an original story, however the characters used in the story belong to the aforementioned parties.

Chapter 1: Lex Luthor's Revenge

Down on a peaceful planet known as Earth, a short man in a fine white suit who had thick brown hair and a large, bushy mustache lay down on his back looking up into a sky that was a clear blue. Beside him sat a woman with short blond hair and eyes the exact color of blue topaz. She was looking up too. Neither was looking at the puffy clouds floating by nor the birds in the air.

Anyone close enough to see their eyes would notice that their pupils were dilated and their eyes were darting back and forth across the sky. Occasionally, the pair would simultaneously tilt their heads to watch another part of the sky. Any casual observer looking up above them would wonder what it was that they were looking at. But then they'd hear the thunder and start to notice tiny flashes of light. Who would guess they were watching a battle happening at such speed and such a distance that few beings could follow its progress?

High above the peaceful Earth, the Z Fighters responsible for keeping it peaceful were in a desperate fight. The mighty Namekian hero known as Piccolo was struggling to keep himself relevant in a battle of super beings that had long ago outstripped him in strength, speed, and power. His green muscles corded and tensed as they snaked around in angles that would be anatomically impossible for a human. But every attack he made, no matter how well timed and how well executed was defeated almost before it began.

With him, the young duo of Goten and Trunks were fused into a being of power beyond imagination: Gotenks. Yet the youth fought recklessly, their power often wasted in flashy displays and his attacks were often predictable, despite the occasional flash of insane creativity. What was worse, their over-eagerness to power up all the way to Super Saiyan 3 made his every mistake more costly, as each blow that landed on them drained more and more of his energy. Their fusion would last thirty minutes, but their energy would not last even that long.

Joining those two (or three, however you want to look at it) was the tall and competent Gohan. His mystically enhanced powers were equal to Gotenks, despite the two younger saiyans having greatly increased in power. Gohan's skills were better developed, combining aspects of both his father's and Piccolo's fighting styles. Despite this greater competence, Gohan was ineffective in his attacks, never taking any attack to the same extremes that the other fighters were willing to go.

"Come on, Gohan! You know what is at stake here! If you don't give it all you've got there's no way we can win! Think of the consequences!" Piccolo shouted.

To his credit, Gohan did try to follow his old mentor's instructions. He pushed himself to the edge of what he thought he could possibly do. Unfortunately for the three Z-Fighters, to stand a chance of winning he would have needed to go beyond the edge of what he thought possible to a whole new level of power and capability.

That was not to be. Instants later, a sharp knee caught the saiyan warrior in the stomach making his eyes bulge out. Piccolo, trying to spare the boy his next blow, rushed in but was felled by a powerful chop to the neck that sent the far weaker super Namekian to the ground in a heap. Gotenks immediately moved in to pick up the slack in an all out attack, their moves coming on furiously and relentlessly, buying time for Gohan to recover and join the fight. But that was exactly what their opponent wanted.

Gotenks's onslaught was met with a perfect defense that turned the fused duo's most powerful strikes harmlessly aside while the force of each block from their opponent was nearly as effective as an offensive strike. The young saiyan soon found themselves bleeding massive amounts of energy. In the short time it took Gohan to recover his breath and rejoin the offensive, their opponent had nearly exhausted the fused being.

The battle continued to rage for a minute, a minute in which innumerable strikes and counterstrikes were launched and repelled too fast for the eye to see. With Gotenks pushing his capabilities and Gohan not holding back, the battle reached its most intense point. But they could not maintain that pace and their attack started to lag.

Gohan and Gotenks never saw the blows that ended the fight. One second they were about to attack their opponent, the next they were pulling themselves out of a pair of craters where they had impacted the Earth. Piccolo managed to recover enough to fly over to his fallen team mates. "Come on, guys, get up!" The two struggled to rise to their feet, but then collapsed again.

"It's over, Piccolo," came the voice of the super being who had just defeated the three of them.

"NO!" Piccolo protested in vain. "No, it can't be!"

The sound of laughter from behind made Piccolo turn around.

"Yep. You lost, Piccolo," Krillin declared. He stood with a grin on his face as his wife, Number 18, walked up behind him.

"Sorry, but a bet's a bet," Goku said, dropping from the air to land in front of his son and tossed him a senzu bean. He had a couple more for the Goten and Trunks as well, but they'd need to return to their individual states before miraculous healing beans would be effective.

"It was a foolish bet," 18 chastised with a derisive toss of her short blond hair. "The three of you can't handle Goku for a full thirty minutes. You'd need Vegeta and Uub to make it a fair bet. There was nothing to gain and so much to lose."

"Male pride," Krillin laughed. "You guys just can't stand the thought that Goku is that much above you, so you got suckered into that bet. I gave up my pride a long time ago," Krillin added. Number 18 glared at him. "I mean, I gave up trying to always one-up Goku. The wife and daughter here are all the pride I need!" Krillin looked over at his wife, hoping the former android was mollified. She just rolled her eyes at him, but he'd take it.

"Yep, now it's time to go eat," Goku exclaimed excitedly. Piccolo groaned. "West City Royal Restaurant. All I can eat and you guys are paying the bill."

Gohan, Piccolo, Trunks, and Goten all groaned together.  

Far across time and space, beyond the boundaries between realities and universes, another man in a white suit stood looking up at the sky. Beside him was a blond haired woman not too dissimilar looking to Number 18, but with her hair tied back in a pony tail and a pair of glasses on her face. She, too, was looking up in the sky. Of course, everyone was looking at the sky at that moment.

High above the city of Metropolis, the blurring form of a man dressed in blue and red sped from point to point destroying missiles out from the middle of the air. Once again, Superman was saving the day. Lex Luthor clenched his fists together in a poor attempt not to allow his frustration show.

He was supposed to be the one saving the city today. His LexCorp Defense Laser should have targeted those missiles and disabled them. But Lex couldn't resist the chance to destroy his nemesis with the weapon when he had seen him in the sky just before the missile attack. Knowing the Kryptonian had just been exposed to powerful doses of kryptonite, being the one responsible for the kryptonite in the first place, Lex had fired his laser at the Man of Steel believing the radiation at its core, so similar to that of a red sun, had a chance of destroying his foe forever. But, the hero had used his heat ray vision to overpower the laser, destroying it, and was now preventing the missile attack.

Inside, Lex was furious. He had spent months creating a belief in a false terrorist group who would be responsible for the attack. He had personally guaranteed the citizens of Metropolis that his defense laser would be there to save the people should, God forbid, something happen to Superman. He had made sure something had happened to Superman before ordering the attack. But now it was Superman who was getting all of the glory. It had to be intentional. Superman had to be doing this just to spite him.

"Oh, Mr. Luthor," his companion lamented, "all our hard work…"

Lex looked at his companion for a brief moment. She thought any of this was her doing? He had used her to achieve his ends. That did not make her part owner of his scheme. It made her a tool. Her eyes widened as he plunged a knife into her unsuspecting heart. Tools should be disposed of when you were finished with them.

Lex Luthor smiled at the irony that his "partner" would not be saved by Superman because she had helped him keep the hero too busy saving the city to notice her murder. Slowly her blood began to pool beneath her. Satisfied that there would be no rescue for her, Lex turned to exit the alleyway they were in.

He found his way blocked by a towering caped figure.

Lex Luthor took an involuntary step backwards. Then he regained his composure. "What are you doing here?" Lex asked, forcing a hint of irritation into his voice.

The figure was powerfully built, his muscular body covered in a skin-tight white suit that matched his short-cropped hair. An olive green cape with pointed horn-like protrusions rising at his shoulders flowed down his back, with matching boots and armored bracers. His collars and chest were a vibrant yellow, with an emerald center.

"I've come to make a deal, Lex," the being spoke with a smile. "You should be happy. Our last deal turned out quite well for you, don't you think?"

"You already have my soul, Neron. Since I'm not dead and it's doubtful I even have a soul, I don't see what more we have to discuss." Lex moved to walk past the powerful being. He didn't truly expect to get by the creature. Neron was the demon responsible for restoring him to life when he was moments away from dying of cancer. A being such as this would be a match for virtually anyone, perhaps even Superman. Walking away as if the demon had nothing he wanted was a negotiating strategy.

Neron knew it for the ruse it was. But he didn't care. He was an ancient being, one of the arch-devils of Hell. Recent struggles had lost him a number of souls he had managed to acquire, and the soul of Lex Luthor was one which he dearly wanted to regain.

"As you said, I already have your soul, Lex. What is there more for you to lose? But I have much to offer you." Neron, King of Hate, watched as the mortal turned around to face him again.

"I'm a busy man. State your 'deal' and don't waste my time with theatrics."

Neron walked over to the dead woman Lex had just killed. Her soul was already his. He let his foot soak in the blood that was rapidly turning darker. "I know what it is you want most of all. I could offer you greater wealth. I could offer you power. That might even tempt you. But above all else, I know you want revenge on Superman. I can give it to you."

The flash of interest in Lex Luthor's eyes was all the demon needed to know he had a deal. "What are the terms?" the mortal asked him.

"I have heard of a being from another universe, a being with so much power that he easily defeated Superman the last time they fought. I will bring this being to your world for you to use as a weapon against Superman."

Lex gave a hmph of disgust. "I've made beings capable of defeating Superman. Parasite, Metallo, and Bizzaro have all knocked him around. But in the end they've all failed. Why don't you kill him for me?"

"Yes, but your creations are either copies of Superman's power, or they rely on being able to weaken Superman. There are reasons I cannot kill Superman outright on this mortal plane. But the one I can bring to this world would not have those restrictions."

"And what is it that you want in return?" Lex asked.

Neron grinned. Here was the true genius of this bargain. "In exchange for my bringing this being to this world, all I ask is that you have this being end Superman's existence."

Lex looked at the demon. "And if I somehow fail, all I would lose would be my soul, which you already have." Lex let himself ponder the demon's offer. In the end, curiosity and the opportunity to destroy Superman won out.

"Deal."

The remainder of the story can found at: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7080410/1/Superman_vs_Goku_Rematch_in_Metropolis
However, this story is a sequel.  The original story (previously published in full on these forums) can be found at: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6358660/1/Goku_vs_Superman_Confrontation_on_New_Namek

iBandana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iBandana

I didn't care much to actually read what you have there. But Goku vs Superman Rematch? I actually think Goku has the best potential to win. He actually WORKED and TRAINED his ass off to be in the position he is in right now. Superman? No. He was born a super-powered freak and in his right mind actually wears tights to show off every little muscle activity going on. Somebody just spray paint him blue and red, and you won't tell the difference. Basically, I think Goku would win. He is shown through manga and television that he has determination to work for his strength, endurance, speed etc....

Superman was just born a friggin mutant and didnt work for nothing. Every improvement in his powers was through genes.

Goku Son molded his talent.

Kal-El put on tights.