Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Edited By ImpurestCheese
No Caption Provided

Unknown Location

The child screamed as the fist slammed into his face, the blow cracking his jaw and knocking out a few teeth. “”Father please stop!!” The child begged only to receive another body blow, this time to the chest, the fist hitting him so hard that there was an audible crack of ribs upon impact.

“You think you're better than me?” The man bellowed as the mists of memory swirled around him and the dreamer awoke.

“I am better then you Father.” The sleeper stated. “Have been for a while. I’m an inventor, a tactician, world conqueror, hero, liberator and leader among men.”

“Oh really?” A voice at the back of the sleeper’s mind stated. “A Leader of Men sleeps in a castle, you're funds have been seized, your home demolished and your name a laughing stock. You may be all those things you stated but you are something else as well.”

The sleeper tilted his head and then pulled the charismatic purple mask over his face. “I'm a Zemo, and soon I will be more then those titles, I will be the most powerful man on the planet.”

Jersey City

“I’m living in the society of the crude and disgusting.” Thomas Wilkins muttered as he walked past the line of street walkers, drug dealers and thugs going about their business. “This wouldn’t be tolerated back in London.” He added as he reached the authentic British pub just a few doors down from where he lived.

“Tommy boy!” A voice roared as he got inside, “Where’s my money?”

“I don't owe you anything Ralph.” Thomas answered as a burly man dressed in skinny jeans and a t-shirt unable to hold his gut rolled towards him, a baseball bat in hand.

“No?” Ralph stated. “Then why did my Stark Tech shares drop last week. Answer because you were to drunk on revenge to actually attack the right target.”

“I wasn't drunk on anything.” Thomas announced “You said bring down shares in Hammer, Oz-Corp, Roxon, Rand and Sunset technologies so you could buy shares for cheap. Only problem is you'd be in a bidding war with Stark, one you can't win with cash alone.”

“It makes no difference you owe me ten thousand dollars.” Ralph snarled before tapping the bat in his hands. “I want it now!!”

“Yes because that’s walking around money in this part of town.” Thomas snidely replied. “I don’t have the money. Let me go get it and I’ll be back in an hour…umph.” Before he could finish the bat slammed into his chest sending him sprawling to the floor.

“Then I'll just tenderise you.” Ralph snorted before slamming the bat down into Thomas’s skull. “And teach you a lesson about crossing me.” He added as the door opened and a figure stood there. “Oh s**t.” Ralph swore.

“Thomas Wilkins I am in need of your services.” The unseen figure stated. “Arrive at the canal side of the address I’m sending you tomorrow evening. And bring the Endotherm armour with you. There will be a healthy reward upon completion of your contract.” He added as he turned and left. Getting to his feet Thomas shot Ralph a look before limping to the door.

“You’ll get your money, But after that we’re done, there will be no more torching tech firms and hijacking parts shipments.” Thomas stated coldly. “And if I see you after we have concluded our business there won’t be enough of you to fill a beer glass. Think on that and have a good night.”

Brooklyn, One Night Later

Thomas stood stoically on the side of the canal looking at the exterior of the disused warehouse, rain washing down his armour.

“I know what you're thinking.” A voice stated from behind him. “You want to know if it’s really him, if this is some kind of trick and if not what you'll have to do to earn the green.”

“And you know this how?” Thomas asked as he turned to see a man in red standing behind him, not a single drop of rain touching him thanks to the psychic shield over his head.

“Forgive me I’m Mentallo.” The man in red announced with a mock bow. “Master of psychic paraphernalia and phenomena. You’re mind was easy to read, hers on the other hand.” He added jabbing to a hooded woman sitting among some crates. “Is like a dead zone, no noise at all.”

“Are you okay miss?” Thomas asked as he pushed Mentallo out the way and walked over to her. Opening her eyes she nodded and walked up to the door of the warehouse and put her hand on the wall. “It’s noisy inside. I’m the Silencer by the way, I like things quiet and Mr. Flumm I would most appreciate it if you didn’t look inside my mind again.”

“Each to there own.” Mentallo stated grumpily. “I can confirm that we have company inside. So if you watch my back I’ll watch yours. Now forward into mystery.” He added a mischievous smile spreading across his face as Thomas pushed the door open. Filing inside the three adventurers couldn't believe their eyes when they saw the stack of money on the table. The wonder didn't last long as they soon realised what Mentallo had meant by ‘company’. Across from them standing in the second entrance was another trio all gawking at the money. Thomas recognised all three as; Nightshade, Cobra and Jackhammer.

“Eyes off.” Jackhammer grunted. “We were promised that money.”

“As were we.” Silencer said, her lisp slurring the words slightly.

“Hey there’s enough green to share.” Mentallo stated. “Five Million is a good find.” He added as everyone tensed up. Analysing the situation he saw the tell tale signs of a fight; be it Nightshade resting a hand on the modified MP5 she carried, Cobra flaring his hood or Jackhammer activating his fist rams. His own ‘allies’ were just as on edge; the temperature around the Endotherm was dropping rapidly and Silencer had her hands ready to quick draw her duel pistols. The tension was racking up and sooner or later somebody would blink and seconds later start a fight.

“We can take ‘em!” Jackhammer bellowed as he fired a pulse of concussive energy at the apposing villains, the blast slamming into the Endotherm to little effect. Before he could charge a follow up shot everyone was in motion, running for the table to claim the money for themselves; wild shots and energy blasts flying around the room as the groups tussled with each other. Cobra reached the money first but instead of grabbing his share he simply ripped the table apart, the money shorting out rather then falling on the floor.

“It’s a hologram.” Cobra hissed. “A trick to turn us against each other.” He added as sarcastic clapping sounded from behind them.

“Very good Mr Voorhees.” An accented voice stated. “If I wanted to see low level thugs beat each other senseless I would throw money into a Maggia gambling hall. No I have bigger plans for you.” He announced as the aristocratic form of Baron Helmut Zemo appeared on the stair case above them.

”Zemo I knew it.” Mentallo spat. “This is some desperate Masters of Evil revenge shtick.”

“Incorrect, had I need for somebody to crush the Avengers I wouldn't have chosen you.” Zemo sneered. “No your assets lie in other places; the bio engineering skills of Nightshade, the agility of the Cobra, Silencer’s ability to hack any alarm system, Mentallo’s psychic masking, the thermal equilibrium of the Endotherm and even Jackhammer’s expertise in Engineering. Such talents are better used elsewhere against other opponents.”

“Such as?” Nightshade asked.

“I am going to abduct the leaders of the G8 countries and hold them to ransom. That ransom will allow me to rebuild everything taken from me!!” Zemo roared. “And you will help me achieve my goals.”

“A little below what people like us can do.” Endotherm whispered to Cobra. “The lineup he’s assembled is better suited for another kind of job.”

“I agree there is more going on here.” Cobra answered as Zemo continued on oblivious to the distrust.

“The eight of you will be paid 5 million dollars or equivalent cash upon completion.”

“8? I’m not the smartest person in the room but there are only six of us.” Jackhammer stated doing a quick headcount to make sure he hadn't missed anyone.

“One of my associates is late, the other will meet us in Italy.” Zemo stated before shaking his head at Jackhammer. “We leave immediately!!”

“Wait we can't just drop everything and leave,” Mentallo yammered. “I need to feed my uh turtles before we go.”

“You don't have any turtles.” Zemo snarled menacingly. “I researched everything about you, you have no commitments, no ties and most importantly you're desperate. You'd do this job for half what I offered because you are all one stop away from the long drop. Consider this to be akin to the Thunderbolts; a second chance to be someone. Those that refuse won’t leave this room!!” He added as security lasers sprung up from the walls across all the exits.

“When you…gulp…put it like that….” Mentallo gulped as he and the others looked up at Zemo with a mixture of horror, mistrust and awe. “…Italy sure Zemo baby. Right now is A-Okay with me.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Jeez le weis Cheese! This was pretty freaking dark!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Dark? Yes I guess so. But then that appears to be my speciality

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TommytheHitman
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Incoherent Babbling. And Madame? Make me sound geriatric why don't you :-)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: How about Lord Empress Cheese? Incoherient babbling is Sharpshot in a nutshell...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImpurestCheese
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanintheshoe: Nothing hon you're fine

@tommythehitman: First thing you can do my intern is make me some coffee. :-) There will be no assassinations in my name.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TommytheHitman

@themanintheshoe: "Now I dare you too... beat up Clyde!"

"WHAT?!"

"Kick his ass new kid!"

"What did I do?!"

"I am the Grand Wizard Clyde! And the Wizard wishes to be entertained!"

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: WHAT?! NO!!!!! OOH!!!! You are SOOOOOO getting assassinated!

"JENKINS! Get your bow! It's operation Gorgonzola!!"

"Gorgonzola sir?"

"I hoped it would never come to do this..."

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Great set-up. I'm looking forward to more. I wonder if there will be conflict among the team members.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Oh, recent events in Ukraine has given your story a major plot hole. It's the G7 now after all ;-) :-P

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespiritstalker: Oh trust me what team doesn't have a lovable backstabber, not to mention that all eight of the 'hench-people' are desperate. They've failed as villains and this is the last life chance to be a success.

@themanintheshoe: Grr Pesky Russia. Meh I can say it's set in 2013

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@impurestcheese

That dastardly Nemo. Does he have enough evil projects going on? How does he evilly multitask so well?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@wildvine: This isn't Marvel Mayhem and nope never enough. Seen Black Widow/Punisher? Guess which villain walks away from the Avengers with no one bothering to try and catch him

Smug, Suavae and oh so Purple. Nobody can stop Baron Zemo...well apart from Songbird who defeated him without her powers
Smug, Suavae and oh so Purple. Nobody can stop Baron Zemo...well apart from Songbird who defeated him without her powers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Got to agree with the big red guy :-)

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: This was great! I will check out the others as soon as I can. Only ones I recognized were Jackhammer, Cobra and Zemo. Though I have heard of Mentallo.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Wait. I also know Nightshade. You really love you some villains dontcha? Lol. You had best include Grizzly in one of these here tales or I'll..probably won't do anything about it, but you know, next time you write a story that's all badass, I'm just gonna be indifferent..then what are ya gonna do?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@guardiandevil83: No plans for Grizzly this story but he is going to appear in the next arc of Crimson

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

Very interesting concept of having Z list villains sort of gain more prominent roles. Great dialogue too. May I reccomend Tekik and Devildog for future issues? They are both massivley underrated.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Well this is Marvel so unfortunately they won't be appearing...

On other news the Bookworm has some DC titles to read
On other news the Bookworm has some DC titles to read

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My body is ready!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts