Strange Schisms: Loyalties Lie (One Shots): The Five Lights

KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Edited By KumoriKunoichi

It was over. Xavier's dream was a bust, and yet who hasn't seen that coming. I dreaded the very idea of this utopia thing ever since I first arrived here. Ever since that girl touched me. It's a lot less dirty than it sounds, perverts.

Oh right. You probably never have heard of me. My name is Laurie, and I'm a mutant. Or something. I'm also Canadian, but I'm not one of those gun toting ones that say eh? at the end of every sentence. Freakin stereotypes. So yeah, anyway one day I was a totally normal college student majoring in god knows what anymore, and then all of a sudden BAM, this mutation thing comes on. So I get all freaked out and decide that okay, losing my hair is one thing but my bones getting all hard and cracking, yeah that didn't cut it for me. That's when I decided okay, suicide is my only option. So I'm going to jump and stuff and then lo and behold, miss redheaded messiah child touches me (again less dirty than it sounds) and I can fly! And i'm all blue plus my hair is now red. I never read about this stuff in science class, let me tell you. So all grateful and stuff, I decided since normally it's kind of hard to find a job if you're a giant blue chick, I had no other option but to go with this kid. It seemed like a swell gig for about..five minutes. Then I began noticing. Whatever the child said, I couldn't refuse. Kind of like Ella Enchanted without the handsome prince. I got a little p.o'd obviously and as more Lights, as she called us, got recruited, I noticed that all of us were sort of tied to this girl like she was our master. One of us, Teon from Kiev, was literally treating her like one and I swore that the girl, Hope, had a secret hobby of sadomasochism because she treated him like a dog! So when the Fifth light Kenji was found, he was all murderous and angsty and stuff, not like all of us weren't. I mean come on we had me, a Canadian college graduate who nearly killed herself cause of this mutant stuff, a Mexican who was aspiring to become a college student in America and the second he was about to start his knew life, his life came undone, a young African girl whose family was killed because she lost control of her powers, and dog-boy from Kiev who won't stop peeing on my leg! Kenji was different though. When we found him he did not like the fact that Hope was going around making everyone her little puppets. Heck, I started to slowly resent the fact and Kenji, who was going on a murderous rampage basically decided that Hope, and everyone else, should just drop dead and leave him alone. Hope thought that we could all save him, you know raa raa raa A team. And I wasn't about to die for a little girl who went around touching people. So I was like "uh..no. I'm staying over here." But I couldn't. That little runt used my link to her and suddenly I found myself fighting in a situation where I was sure I'd end up toast. Not the burnt kind. Kenji was defeated and he joined our merry band.

He and I actually became friends because the second he joined our merry band, he noticed Hope had a strange power over everyone. The others were too blind to see it or something. Idie was doing it out of loyalty, Teon viewed her as his master, and Gabriel? Well, let's just say he's a typical male. But little by little, I noticed the more she asked us to do something, the more I hated her. Kenji noticed it too, like I said. Instead of his usual gory work, as he told me, he was painting a pretty picture of a pretty girl. Something he said he never did. He and I decided to investigate this matter further, making a dynamic duo. Then the unthinkable happened: Idie murdered some people under the orders of Cyclops. I never liked the fact that this little girl was stuck with us rejects but now I was beyond livid. Even Kenji, who went psycho and killed people was shocked. When Hope mentioned that we had to go into battle, I screamed at her. I didn't want Idie on this island anymore because it was too dangerous. And we fought. I held my own for a little while but she overpowered me and then began to mock me about the bond. I was unable to do anything against her. And I hated it. Kenji came over to me later on and told me he found the bond that Hope had with him weakening and he told me that he was able to kill her in her sleep if he wanted to. I wasn't one for murder but part of me wanted to see her dead. We were going to discuss everything but our conversation got cut off when Wolverine and Cyclops broke out into a large fight.

"Who do you think she would be more frightened of?" came the voice of Wolverine.

The two of them duked it out for what seemed like hours. But the fight had irreversible consequences. The X-Men were no longer united. Wolverine left Utopia, taking a bunch of people with him. Despite her protests, I convinced Idie to go with Wolverine, because while he was a bit on the bloodthirsty side, I wanted to get her as far away from Hope as possible. People stood around and decided where they were going to go. I walked over to Kenji, or Zero as he now called himself. I now called myself Transonic.

"Zero!" I called out.

"Ahh, Laurie. I found that to be quite amusing, did you not?" He chuckled. I groaned.

"It was two men fighting under the pretense that they actually give a damn about this race. I swear, those two belong on Jerry Springer."

Zero walked over to me and put his tentacle-arm thingy (he doesn't have hands, so I find it mildly creepy but he's cool) on my shoulder. "So, have you decided where you want to go? I assume you want to get out of here and join Wolverine. You know to get away from the witch herself, and join Idie. It was a brilliant idea of yours to send her away. That child does not belong with blood on her hands."

"If you haven't noticed, you two, blood on your hands is a rite of passage with the mutant race. Now whose idea was it to send one of my lights away?" came the voice of Hope. I grunted.

Hope descended from the top of the stairway in the courtyard of Utopia park. She landed in front of Zero and with a sneer, looked back at me. "So, why did you send her away? I didn't order you to."

"Go to hell you..." I wanted to rip this kid's throat out and maybe feast upon it or something. If Kenji heard me say that, I'm sure he'd applaud. Extending my arm, I made a move to grab the Redhead but was restrained by one of Kenji's appendages. "Laurie. Control yourself."

Hope laughed. "Ahh your boyfriend knows better. Be a good girl now! And know your place." She jumped onto the ledge and disappeared.

I grunted. "What the hell was that for?"

"Now is not the time, Transonic. You want her dead, you have to play the cards right," Zero told me. "Now then. Where are you going to go?"

I shrugged, trying to calm myself down in the process. "I want to get off of here naturally. You?"

"I am staying!" My eyes widened.

"Say what?"

"I am staying. Not that I desire to. If I had to be anywhere, I would have gone with Wolverine, however if I leave now, I wull miss my chance."

"You can't mean..."

He laughed. "Of course I do, Laurie. When I said I could kill her in her sleep, that is precisely what I intended to do. I am going to stay here until the time is right and exact vengeance. Then if I still feel like being part of this stupid cause, I will run to Wolverine."

"And if he kills you for killing her? You did think about that part, right?"

He shrugged. "Then I will return to Japan and blow this whole thing off like a bad hangover. Or however you say."

"Close enough. I guess I'll stay too."

Kenji raised an eyebrow. "Why? You do not belong with blood on your hands either, Laurie. I am a killer."

"And you're my friend, believe or not. I used to be scared of you. But, you're not as bad as she is." I laughed.

"I will pretend that was not an insult."

"Besides, her blood is the only one I want. And if we have to wait on this damn rock," I looked at the sky and looked back at him. "So be it."

The End