Storm: Within the Eyes

azaritorrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pt.1 Caston Fear

Ororo Monroe aka Storm, a mutant with the power to perceive and manipulate the energies that govern weather and other natural phenomenon. Since the rise of new mutants after Phoenix Cyclops and the effects the imbalance has had on other mutants, Storm has been affected in a different way than her friends... Here she sleeps unaware of the chaos she's causing on the other side of the world... Tokyo, Japan. A man named Liam Fiddle holds his wife and 9 year old child's hand through a sudden hurricane. Their small stone home quivers as the winds and rain beat at its walls. Liam is a new mutant. His powers came to him nearly two weeks ago. He is able to create real illusions, and affect people’s emotions also track people from emotional fragments. He knows that their home will be destroyed and this is the last time he will see his family. The shield he created in the walls of the home broke minutes ago. He creates one last illusion for his family. In the illusion he calms the storm though the storm still rages on. He calms his wife and son and smiles at them as they feel relieved to have survived the storm. The celebrating is only brief as they are lifted and taken away. Liam grabs onto an uprooted pipe. He watches as the pipe slowly slides out of the ground. This is it, he prepares for death… But a sudden calm drops him down to the ground and as he looks up into the eyes of the storm he feels a pulse radiate from the center of the hurricane. This storm was created by someone. Someone has killed his family and destroyed his home. He notices the storm beginning to decrease and die. Liam latches on to the emotion linked to the storm and sees Ororo Monroe’s most emotional moments. Love, death and heartbreak. That’s who is responsible. He can see her current location. She must pay!

Storm wakes up suddenly from a dream. She dreamt about T’Challa… Again. She exhales looking at the time, 4:15am… She feels something in the wind, something approaching her from above. She moves just in time. A sharp black cone shaped object disappears into the bed. She feels another approaching from the side and turns shattering it with lightning. She is under attack but by who and why? Suddenly she feels multiple objects similar to the two previous objects surround her she cant evade so she creates an electric barrier in a ball around her. The cone objects hit the barrier all at the same time becoming electrified and shattering. Storm accidentally knocks the power out of the building… Liam stands in the middle of the wreckage that was his home. His attempt on her life failed. He is still weak and his illusions aren’t powerful enough being controlled from across the world. He cant even effect her emotions. No matter it just seems he’s going to have to take a trip…

Psylocke pulls at her ears approaching Storm who has risen from the bed and increased the pressure in the hotel.

“What the hell? Are you trying to draw attention to us here?”

“I was just under attack. I was unaware that I had to be discreet while protecting my life?”

“Attack? By what? All I see is you knocking power out and pressurizing stuff… Including my head along with everyone else in the building.”

Storm decreases the pressure to normalcy and restores the power to the building.

“Interesting…” Storm withdraws into thought.

Psylocke pays close attention to her friend. She doesn’t need to be able to read her mind to see that something is wrong.

“You never really lose control like that. Is it T’Challa again?” She asks Storm.

“T’Challa has his issues but he wouldn’t try to kill me. Besides these were energy based objects.”

“Energy based?”

“Yes, I can see the world as energy. This was energy made into physical objects similar to how Sue Storm bends light to create invisible objects.”

“Doom?”

“I doubt it. I’d expect this from Shadow king before I give a though on Doom being foolish enough to try and kill me.”

“Well Storm someone wants you dead. Let’s go figure out who.” Psylocke tells her.

“Yes, but I’ll deal with this on my own. I don’t need you as a casualty in a battle meant for me.”

“But-

“Betsy please… Continue with the current mission. I’ll be back before you say ball lightning.”

“Ball Lightning.” Psylocke smiles.

Liam walks into town, He has no money and looks a mess. People are all around fixing the damages. Liam looks on at these people. They have no leader no faith. No one to protect them… This woman was able to break his illusions with lightning. He figured she could only control winds. She hasn’t only taken from his but from the people in this town. As he scans their emotions and finds that none have lost their lives or loved ones he becomes enrages him. She chose him and his family. Why? What have they done to her? Liam creates an illusion for all of the town’s people to see. They see a man in white with an army of black knights behind him. He tells them to give him all of their faith trust and he will protect them from all enemies that would cause them harm.

“What do you take us for, fools?” A civilian asks.

Liam creates a black ball around the civilian then shrinks it till it’s the size of a tennis ball.

“You will give me what I ask and I will spare your lives. I have no intentions to rule in fear. So long as you worship me you can live in peace.”

The towns people all bow at his feet. They are faithless and to them his power is incredible and who are they to deny protection and leadership?

“Now turn this place into a proper kingdom.” Liam demands.

“What do we call you?” A woman civilian asks.

“You will call me, Lord Caston Fear...”

Pt.2 None like Fear

Storm flies across the skies wondering how she would find her attacker now that she’s set out?

“Storm come in.” Wolverine talks to her through the communication device in her ear.

“Storm here. Good Morning Logan.”

“Yeah, good morning indeed. Where are you going?”

“I’m sure you’ve already heard so there is no need for me to retell what happened.”

“Your going out blindly after someone you haven’t seen. Just stop and tell me what sense that makes.”

“Of course it makes no sense to you now Logan, but when you had your little “finding myself” escapade, no one was there to interfere with your quest… Besides I have my own plans on how to find this person.”

“Fine at least tell me where your headed.”

“Awe Logan is that Concern I hear?”

“Just a little bit.”

“I’m closer than you think. Ororo out.”

Storm disconnects her communication device then faces Rachel who is coming out of the Cerebra chamber. The look on her face is unsure.

“Ororo I couldn’t lock onto any new mutants at all. Cerebra kept guiding me to the most active power inflammation.”

“It may be just who I’m looking for.”

“That’s kind of impossible because the power inflammation is you.”

Confused and lost Storm retreats into thought.

“I don’t know what to tell you. Something is going on and it all points to you.”

“Dammit!” Storm curses.

“I have an idea. You were attacked by energy based attacks. There should be some sort of residue left from it. I’ll see if I can get some information from it.”

It takes Rachel nothing much of a split second to connect to the faint energy attached to Storm.

“This was from a new mutant. A male, very angry. I cant get anymore from it though. The energy strength has weakened.”

“No matter. I don’t think I would have to search for him. If he’s as angry as you say then he’ll find me. Thank you Rachel…”

Storm leaves the school. Her mind puzzled on what to do. He stopped his attack on her for now but maybe he is waiting for her to let her guard down or maybe he plans on making a spectical of her… Either way she is left in the blind…

Meanwhile in Wakanda, Caston Fear walks boldly to the front entrance. He creates an illusion for Wakandan security. They see what he wants them to see and they see T’Challa. He walks into the entrance but the bio scanner alerts them that he is an intruder. The guards draw their weapons.

“What is the meaning of this?” He asks in offense.

“You are not T’Challa imposter, I’am.” T’Challa stands with more guards at his side.

“Well this is just awkward now.” Caston says.

Suddenly his black knights pop out of the shadows and grab all of the guards and even uproot the two turrets aimed at Liam. Caston Fear dissolves the Illusion.

“You’re a very smart man T’Challa and no doubt you have reinforcements coming. I even think you might be calculating your next move… I advise you not to and to call of your reinforcements. If you do not comply with what I want then I’ll force you to.”

Caston Fear commands one of his knights to release one of T’Challa’s guards. The man stands there looking at Caston Fear. Suddenly he starts to cry; at first subtle then increasing to the point the man falls to his knees in apparent misery. T’Challa watches on angry but confused. The man then in a split second starts laughing but the laughter turns to anger then to excitement then finally to depression. The guard pulls his side arm then places it in his mouth.

“Do as I command of you or I’ll make him blow his own brains out. Right now I’m giving him enough happiness to keep him from pulling the trigger. I do not wish to make you my enemy but I wont hesitate killing you to get what I want.”

“The guards have already been called off and I have no other choice than to forfeit my actions. What do you want?”

“Call her.” Caston Fear demands him…

Pt.3 Confrontation

“Call her to you now.” Caston Fear demands T’Challa.

“What are your plans with Ororo, do you plan to kill her?” T’Challa asks.

“Yes, I do indeed plan on killing her. I’m going to wound her then bury her beneath her beloved Africa.”

“And you expect me to stand by and let you kill her?”

“T’Challa my boy, I’m afraid you wont have much of a choice in the matter because if you value your life and the lives of your people then you would stay out of this.”

“That is my wife.” T’Challa defends.

“Ex-wife! You left her for pride and people. Your people will stand by you because you have proven yourself to them, because they fear you, because you are chosen by your god. Your wife would have stood by you because she loved you. Not fear or chosen fate. I know because I have tasted her emotions. Your anger tells me everything I need to know. Your anger towards one person turned you against your wife and led you to throw her away when you should have thrown your pride away and asked for her help. You want to care for her now but its too late. You should have loved her more when you had the chance…”

Caston Fear evaluates T’Challa by reading his anger. T’Challa’s anger towards Caston for wanting to kill Ororo opened a chest full of memories of actions he’s committed in anger. Caston knows T’Challa’s true reasons and makes sure to beat T’Challa down with them in his own kingdom… Caston Fear also thinks to himself about his own wife. They had issues before the disaster. She wanted a divorce because he wasn’t a human anymore. He was a mutant. She had fallen out of love with him and he knew it all without her having to tell him…

“I should let you know the weather gets bad in these parts.” T’Challa says calmly.

Caston Fear stops himself from replying upon sensing a hint of need in T’Challa.

“Get away from Wakanda!” Ororo demands bringing down heavy rains as she hovers down just feet from the ground.

“Your fast Ororo.” Caston Fear tells her releasing the Wakandan guards from his black knights.

“The winds carry me as fast as I command them too.” She tells him.

“Well then enough talk!” Caston Fear creates sharp shard like projectiles then launches them towards Storm. Storm can see the energy is the same energy that attacked her before. A whirlwind appears around Storm just as the shards enter her proximity. The shards are sent back at Caston Fear twice as fast but he creates a black knight to take the incoming shards. The black knight shatters.

Caston creates an illusion. He creates 12 Cyclops’ attack Storm all at once in a danger room setting. Storm is impressed at how accurate Caston has made these duplicates even down to the skill and tactic maneuverability of the real Scott. Airborne, Storm deflects multiple optic blast with lightning. The multiple Scotts then form a wide circle and blast storm all at once. She manages to defelct a few nut is hit and falls to the ground. As she shakes back she is approached by the Scotts while they turn up the intensity of their visors to deliver the killing blow. Suddenly T’Challa attacks one while diverting the attention of the others momentarily. Storm takes the opportunity to create a heavy fog blanket. In a matter of seconds T’Challa shatters the Cyclops copies. Storm dissolves the fog cover as he helps her to her feet. Suddenly 12 more Cyclops’ appear but this time 12 Magnetos and 12 Emma frost are with him all surrounding them.

“Ororo you need to hit him.”

“I don’t know which one he is T’Challa.”

“He isn’t any of them.” He tells her.

“Then he hasn’t moved…” Storm realizes as she feels him in the air.

Caston Fear is hit by a bolt of lightning. His black skin shatters exposing the side of his body that was impacted. The illusion created dissolves and Storm and T’Challa can finally see the Wakandan field again. Caston however is gone… In T’Challa’s lab they discuss the nature of things.

“You’ve made yourself quite an enemy Ororo.”

“Indeed I have and I don’t know why or how. How did you know he wasn’t one of the copies?”

“I shattered all of the Cyclops’ and he wasn’t one of them… Who is he?”

“I don’t know. He’s a mutant though. He can create real illusions by projecting his minds image in or out of a specific I’m guessing person or persons mind or sight. How extrodinary.”

“He can also affect people’s emotions and read their histories from them. Here take a look at what he did with one of the security guards.”

T’Challa shows Storm surveillance footage of when Caston Fear made the guards emotions switch and change.

“I also got this; a small storm swept through Tokyo last night. There was no storm expectancy for that area of Tokyo.”

“Are you saying I had something to do with it?”

“Did you?”

“T’Challa your impossible.” She tells him turning to leave.

“Ororo, the storm was a category 5 hurricane the size of an American tank, you’re the only one I know that has that sort of control.”

Storm stops wondering to herself. Suddenly she falls to the floor out cold…

Pt.4 Broken gauge

Storm wakes up in a very lush and vibrant oasis. She is adorned in a very elegant white and gold sleeve and strapless gown. Her hair full and long, no more in the Mohawk she wore. She begins to wander around in search of answers…

Meanwhile in T’Challa’s lab.

“Ororo wake up, Ororo.” T’Challa holds her trying to wake her up.

As he holds her he starts to feel heat radiate from her at an increasing rate. Shuri runs into the lab in panic.

“Brother, come quick.”

T’Challa wastes no time, placing Storm on a gurney then following his sister.

Shuri leads him down a corridor leading outside. He can feel cool air more and more as they approach the exit door. Shuri opens the door to reveal heavy snow fall with snow covering the ground and buildings.

“The snow is covering all of the Serengeti. It should not be snowing T’Challa. She needs to be taken away from Wakanda.”

T’Challa runs back to the lab but intense heat from the room prevents him from entering…

Storm begins to get fed up and agitated. She doesn’t know where she is and it has no end.

“Ororo.” A familiar voice speaks to her.

She turns to see Xavier standing across from her. Ecstatic she runs to him to give him a hug but she just phases through him.

“What’s going on? What is this place? Are you in my head?”

“Ororo I cannot get into your head even if my current state is less than physical. You must listen to me now because everything you know and have done will change. This place is your inner sanctuary. It represents your true peace. However as peaceful as things are here they aren’t so peaceful in the world outside of your Santuary. You’ve locked away your growing power through will power and training. Now that power must be released because your body cant take the strain anymore.”

“I still don’t understand. I feel fine outside of this place. My powers are controlled the same…” Storm says remembering what Psylock had told her about her control.

“Ororo your will power and emotional control has given you a slight control over your growing power but its grown now out of your control. That is why you are here. You aren’t here because you chose to be. You are here because your body and mind have forced you here to release the pressure you’ve built up.” He informs her.

Wakanda…

“T’Challa it’s a blizzard out there now. It happened so fast I almost got frozen trying to rescue some children.” Shuri tells T’Challa.

“I cannot get into the lab to reach her, its too hot… Make sure everyone is inside.”

“Xavier if my body and mind have forced me her to release pressure then I must be causing hell on earth.”

“Yes. Your powers are running rampant. Right now earth is feeling it. Soon it’ll branch out from earth and effect the rest of the universe and it’ll only progress if you don’t return to your body and release the pressure.”

“And how do I do that?”

“You must destroy your…”

Storm returns to her body before Xavier can finish his answer. She inhales deep. Storm can feel the heat she’s generated and also the other phenomena she’s started around the world. She cools the room and leaves all the tech dead then heads outside. T’Challa and Shuri are gone. Storm rushes down the corridor and exits the building to find everything covered in ice.

“Goddess, what have I done?”

Storm takes to the sky stopping the blizzard and instantly vaporizing the snow then dispersing it. She clears the sky then focuses on the other phenomena she feels she has caused. She strains to disperse the storms while trying to hold back a tornado from forming against her will. This must be what Xavier was talking about… She manages to end all of the weather created but suddenly she passes out again…

Storm wakes up again in the same peaceful oasis this time however wearing a green dress and her hair cut short. She stands to her feet.

“Charles, Charles!”She calls to him.

“Charles isn’t here my sister.” Another familiar voice speaks to her…

Pt. 5 Fear Ororo, Ororo

Off in the far far distance away from Wakanda, a weakened Caston Fear evaluates what transpired back in Wakanda as he rests himself an lets his wounds heal. He has enough power to end her, he is sure of this. He could end her quickly but he wants her to suffer. He wants her to regret life. Much like he did having to watch his family get killed… She hit him while she was caught in his illusion. How? He plays back the entire altercation and notices his mistakes; T’Challa, no protection, and strained extensive use of powers. Using his powers on a large scale requires his focus to be at max. If he were to move his illusion would weaken. It already weakens with scale. Caston continues to calculate his next plan of action against Storm. She will suffer…

“If Charles is no longer here, then who is it that knows me so well to call me sister?” Storm asks feeling the wind shift randomly behind the trees of the oasis.

“Ororo, please don’t tell me you’ve forgotten about me.” The voice asks walking from behind a tree.

Ororo can see a figure but doesn’t recognize the person behind the voice. They are covered in shadow.

“Reveal yourself stranger. Lets not play games. I ’am far from the mood to play.”

The mysterious person steps forward to reveal Jean Grey, Storm’s first best friend and sister.

“Stranger is a title between us now Ororo?”

“Only when shadows have covered us.” Storm answers keeping her distance.

Dealing with the constant reincarnation of the Phoenix in Jean Grey’s body has left a taste Storm rather keep away.

“Why the distance Ororo?” She asks.

“Jean Grey will always be my sister but the host of that body will forever have my wrath, fear and disgust.”

Jean smiles lightly as she sits on a medium sized stone. The winds blows steady as Storm’s temper rises.

“Ororo, do you know where you are? I’m sorry, wrong question. Do you understand where you are?”

Storm remains quiet. Xavier told her this place was her inner sanctuary. Isn’t it a place of peace? A place deep within her conscience.

“This place is not your mind Ororo. Charles or I would not be here if it were. This place is much like the place of solitude I visited when I wasn’t in control. This is another plane of existence, one you’ve created … You have always been fascinated with the natural beauty of things… You are here because you’ve denied your true nature to blossom, Ororo.”

“I do not remember creating this and who are you really?”

“I ‘am Jean Grey. Not Phoenix. I ‘am not physically here having this conversation with you. Xavier and I are top among your choices of people to comfort you in this time of need.”

“Time of need, what do you mean, Jean?”

“Ororo, your dying…”

Meanwhile her body flies across Africa creating a gravity pull towards it. The body is lifeless as if she were asleep. Clouds change rapidly where ever she goes…

“Dying!?” Storm asks cofused and wrecked with questions.

“Your body is dying, I’m sorry. It cant contain the power anymore. When phoenix hosted me, I basically split into two people because I couldn’t control it… The power. The power that had been given to me so rapidly… You however, are a different story. You can control your true power yet you fear it.”

“Power is not to be feared, intensions are.” Storm tells Jean.

“There is no use lying to me. Lying to me is like lying to yourself. You know that you fear the power. You cant keep fooling yourself Ororo…”

Storm knows this to be true. The more she denies that she isn’t afraid of her own power the more it crosses her mind that she is.

“Your right… I fear it because I have seen what it did to you. I have experienced it.” She admits remembering the transformation she went through when Doom had imprisoned her inside of herself.

“That lust for more power and that everlasting growth surging through my veins… I never want to lose myself like that again. That is why I hold it back. No one will be harmed by me that way.”

“You have lost yourself before but now you could never. Your mind will not split like mine or like it had before. Your body isn’t hosted by any other entity or self. You as you are now is basically your mind, single and whole.”

“Then what is my body doing?” Storm asks as she was under the impression that her body was wreking havoc consciously and maliciously.

“Releasing power…” Jean answers her.

Pt. 6 Sacrifice

The earth’s atmosphere begins to thin slowly. Storm’s body soars across the seas at high speeds and increasing. All the electrical devices around the world stop functioning. People and animals can feel the atmospheric change. No one can say whats going on because they are clueless. Even other planets and space has begun to feel the effects of what is happening. Stars are starting to die. First the small weak ones then the larger ones start to lose power but at the same time others start to form slowly.

“At this rate your body is going to shatter.”

“ Shatter!? How do I get back to my body? How do I stop this? Tell me. When I went back the first time I had created storms and was able to stop them but barely able to hold back other storms I was trying to create. Tell me how to fix this, Jean.”

“You have to release the power yourself. The leakage is from you subconsciously. Without your mind being fully active and willing to release the power it had to release somehow.”

“Then let me go back so I can. I have to stop this. I might be killing people.” Storm worries.

“You cant just release it Ororo. If you do, you would destroy the planet your on. You have to go somewhere far from the planet… Ororo, your body may not survive the release.” Jean informs her.

Storm looks into here eyes with the choices; destroy your body or destroy the planet. Before she can ask any other questions she wakes in her body. She is over the ocean. She feels a pressure pulling her down into the water. Storm fights to stay in the air. No matter how much she struggles she slowly gets pulled underwater. This must be something new. Gravity is trying to pull her down into the earth. She has to leave the planet. She knows she can survive in space unaided but for the lives of people on this planet she must do something. Storm fights her way towards the surface.

Across the globe people wonder what happened to all of their electronics. The electric devices went off not too long ago and now their flashing on and off and spazing out. Super powered beings fight against the on and off weather trying to save people in disaster areas. It takes Thor more than a breath to disperse an ice storm in New York. He is actually surprised that is took effort from him.

“What the hell is going on, Scott?” Emma Frost asks Cyclops whose wearing ruby shades because his visor malfunctioned.

“I don’t know Emma just make sure everyone stays inside.” He answers.

“Do not be blind Scott. You know who’s doing this just as well as I do. Emma Frost you should know this power better than anyone here. You have after all been in the body behind it.” Magnet stands behind.

“How do you know it’s her and not some other mutant?” Emma asks.

“I once wished to see the wrath of it unleashed upon the humans.”

“Stop assuming things and at least help fortify this building, please. We came here to find a mutant but now we’re stuck so the plan has changed.”

“I cant use my powers. They are fighting against me. My powers have been snatched from my control. I cant even choke you with your own visor if I wanted to.”

The tension between them builds more from the comment.

“Enough you two, lets just help these people as best we can. If this truly is Ororo’s doing then someone has really pissed her off.”

Storm rises from the water still fighting the gravity pull. Finally it releases her and she shoots into the sky. Bellow her from within the ocean rises a chunk of earth sticking out of the water like a small 23 foot mountain. Storm doesn’t stop once she is released. She flies up until she is out of the earth’s atmosphere. Her breath begins to shorten until she can’t breathe anymore. Strangely before she could suffer any ill effects she starts to breathe again. Just as she would if she were still on earth. How is that possible? And how is her body still intact? This must be something new. Something she rejected to gain. She cant stop here. She can still feel the weather affecting the earth even though it has slaked up when she left the planet. Storm flies deeper into space until she could clearly see the entire planet. The phenomenon has stopped and no one is in harm anymore or at least for now… Storm remains in her thoughts as she thinks about killing herself… She’s been here before; Space, life or death choice and internal distress. Only difference is she doesn’t have an alien trying to take over her body. This time her own gift has betrayed her. Storm takes a moment to cry. There are so many people she’ll never see again. Storm shakes her tears off and prepares to do what is necessary. She closes her eyes and lets loose the energy inside her…

Pt. 7 More Power to Fear

Caston Fear returns home to his people. They have worked hard hours to build him a palace into the side of a mountain. He looks at the progress and is unpleased by what they’ve done. The construction overseer approaches him and bows in fear and respect.

“Lord Caston Fear. We were held up by the weather but now that it has returned to normal we have continued our work as you ordered.”

“I’ am not pleased… You have one minute to evacuate your people from the mountain side.”

The man hesitates but runs as fast as he can to get the workers out. As they are running from the inside of the mountain Caston Fear focuses his power to create different sized shapes inside the mountain that would ultimately form the inside of the kingdom. He even forms the front of his palace. He then shrinks the various shapes crushing the stone down into rubble.

“Now clean it and make it livable.” He tells the workers before he heads into the town.

The workers start working on getting the crushed stone from the mountain and at the same time talk is started.

“Who is he?” One man asks another.

“They say he’s a demi-god ascended to god status.” The man answers.

“No, he’s living shadow of death. That’s why he is pitch black.” Another says.

“Some say he’s the American man that lived outside of town. They say he lost his family and went mad with power.”

In the village Caston floats by monitoring the folk. They are weak and sad. They are scared and dependent. They fear him. The look in their faces as he passes. He knows it so well. He’s seen it in his wife’s face and his child’s as the storm ripped their home apart and took them from him. He was scared too. But now he will never be scared again…

“Lord Caston Fear!” A worker yells running from the construction site.

Caston Fear notices the man holding something.

As the man gets closer Caston Fear can feel his powers increase. The man stops and bows at Caston Fears feet and raises a deep purple colored ston to Caston.

“We found this in the stones Lord Caston Fear. We Found it deep in the palace.”

Caston receives the small stone and immediately under goes a reaction. The black skin overlay he places over his skin starts to absorb into his body. He can feel his veins burning as the energy flows through them like hot liquid. His brain seems to expand in capacity. His real skin turns pitch black and his eyes glow bright yellow. He can feel his powers increasing. The people’s emotions are open to him freely. He can even feel emotions from across the planet with ease… The stone somehow effects him and his unique gift. He smiles with pleasure as the effects of the stone complete.

“My Lord. There is a large reservoir of the stone in a chamber of the palace.” The man tells him.

Caston Fear looks at the man and thinks to himself. If anyone were to find these stones then they would somehow find away to rid him of them. He cant have that now that he’s found an edge. He dives into the emotions of all the people present and finds that he can not only see memories dealing with emotions but he can interact with them. The emotions of others radiate from the person they belong to. They only radiate one of the base or prime emotions; happiness, anger, sorrow and fear. Any one of the four opens all emotions associated with each base emotion and Caston can make the person feel whichever way he pleases by controlling the neurotransmitters in the brain behind emotional conditions. For example these people fear him and are scared of him at this moment they radiate the fear. He also has knows they are confused because they all have a pulsation containing confusion in the fear they radiate. Confusion is a feeling associated with fear. Caston has access to feelings, moods, memories and even a person’s nervous system through their neurotransmitters. Normally before the stone enhanced his powers he would just be able to effect the emotions and see memories associated with that one particular emotion. He doesn’t know yet of how the stone effected his illusions… Caston pulls the memory of what the people just saw and destroys it. They no longer remember what the stone did to him. Caston leaves them and heads back to the mountain side palace.

“Show me this reservoir of stones.” He demands of a worker.

The worker leads him into the deepest part of the unfinished palace into a large space that he didn’t create. In the far wall of the space lies a giant stone similar to the smaller stone. He can feel it pulsate like a living heart. Caston walks near it and breaks off a piece. To his amazement and the worker the piece grows back. He holds the piece he just broke and wonders why it didn’t give him anymore power. Maybe the other stone boosted him enough. He drops the piece.

“My Lord, there were legends told about this mysterious stone. The old folk would call it the Musa Stone. The legends were buried long ago with past generations as the tales told ran thin and started losing pieces. It was said that this stone was created from sorcery and the sorcerer was turned into this stone.”

Caston Fear silently thanks the sorcerer if there ever was one because with them dead they created something just for him… He heads back to the workers and gathers them outside of the palace…

Pt. 8 Nature Within You

“You have all seen this stone, gazed at its beauty. Do any of you have any pieces of it?” He asks calmly looking over workers and other men.

No one speaks up. Caston Fear sweeps through their emotions and finds one person with an unusual amount of nervousness compared to the other men. He increases their fear and makes the person panic. He can’t pin point who the person is but he has methods capable of getting them out. He increases the panic in the man. Out of the blue someone takes off running through the crowd of workers. Caston instantly changes the panic into submissive obedience. The person stops running and stands still shaking. He creates a box around the man then levitates it in front of him and in front of the crowd. He dissolves the box exposing a teenage boy.

“Do you know who I’ am?! Give me my stones.” He demands.

The young man pulls two big pieces from his pockets ad places them into Caston’s deep black hand. Caston kicks him to the dirt in front of all the others.

“It seems I have not made enough examples.” He says creating two black knights.

One holds the boy down and the other draws a sword and decapitates the boy for all to see.

“I care not for age or marital status. Disobey me and you will die! Now get back to work.” He announces before wiping their memory of the stone. They immediately get back to working on the palace in fear of being killed.

Just as he is about to walk back into the palace, for a brief moment the sun dims then returns to normal. Caston Fear looks into the sky like so many others around the world and wonders what just happened…

Out in space Storm burns hot then cold. She pulls gravity then releases it. Streams of plasma leak from her eyes instead of tears. She is screaming in pain but she can hear herself over hearing a multitude of vast oceans and winds, wild live and plants. She can feel energies dying and some being born, stars and galaxies. Her body cracks like ceramic tile nearly exposing what lies beneath. She can feel her body pulling apart. Her mind feeling and gathering, expanding. Her eyes seeing far and wide, changing perceptions, seeing energy then molecules then atoms and back to normal. She struggles to keep her body together. Storm wont let it go, not if she can help it. Storm fights with all that makes her to hold her shattered body together. Suddenly the process ends causing her to pass out…

Storm wakes up once again in the oasis she’s decided to call Ni’Zora. She stands up adorned in a blue halter gown that flows into the water her hair long but pinned up. She doesn’t know who she will meet next but she waits to be greeted.

“You deny me.” A voice echoes from the waterfall behind her.

She turns looking for the person behind the voice.

“Who are you for me to deny, show yourself?” She calls out.

For some reason she is stricken with a dose of fear. This presence is like none she has ever encountered before… except in the presence of Phoenix.

“You deny me, Why?!” The voice asks again.

“Deny you?”

“Have I not waited long enough to be set free? Has enough time not passed for me to finally be embraced by you?”

Storm remains quiet questioning herself. Then a figure emerges from the waterfall almost as if taking form from the falling water. Storm watches on as the figure forms a body and slowly becomes an image. An image Ororo knows all too well, herself.

This new Ororo flies down from the waterfall her body filling in with color naked yet her private parts are cover by small clouds. Her hair is flowing white clouds going down her back. Her eyes bright like a blue star.

She lands at the foot of the spring. The water circles around her foot and up her leg creating a high heel.

“Impossible” Storm says gazing in amazement at this version of her.

“You have yet to see impossible.” The new Ororo says holding up her hand then balling it then unballing it releasing a small bird.

Storm is speechless. This must be her scorce of power. Is this where she draws power from or why she is connected to weather?

“Nature is life and life is nature. All things live and breathe through nature. Nature is all around near, far, high and deep and even when absent I can create it… Embrace me Ororo. Let the power that is rightfully yours take you.”

“I will never be a victim to power. “ Storm says.

“You’ve learned nothing. I will be embraced by.”

“Not in my lifetime. Now let me out of this place.” Storm demands getting offensive.

The Other Ororo smiles as the winds take her into the darkening sky. The water fall stops running and dries up. The trees and plants wither away leaving behind dieing wood. The lush beauty quickly turns to a dead land. Storm second guesses whether she should fight to be free or not. She will however because she refuses to become someone she is not. The second Ororo’s clouds turn dark. The hair clouds spiral upward creating a storm with small lightning bolts sparking out. He eyes turn yellow and red like the sun. Her voice becomes thunder.

“Come now. Deny me in battle. Defy the power of nature.”