Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By Dark King
Place: China, Sūzhōu
Warehouse: Meat Factory 
year: 1968

Two men that stand out in the meat packing line as large animal parts is slided to them without hesitation butcher knife splits it in a single swipe before moving it along to the next individual beside them. The factory full of Chinese workers wearing hard hats and butcher coats working hurrying the workers to speed up.

Supervisor: Hey, you two Gweilo's get over hear and help carrying these slaps to the truck!

William & David: yes, sir. right away.

Both foreigners hurriedly leave their work station and pick up large pieces of heavy meat hoisting it up to their shoulder as they  take them to the truck out to be shipped to a restaurant somewhere in the city. 

Supervisor: Hurry up! i dont have all day!
you Gweilos are lucky that i dont report you to the City and have you arrested and deported back to your country!

Both men load the pile of meats unto the truck ignoring their supervisors insults and upon immediately finishing are rewarded with more threats and send back to their work station.

Supervisor: you Gweilos took too luck you have work to make up!

Without speaking they return to their stations quite ignoring their supervisor while going through the motions of their job.....
At the end of the day the workers having cleaned up  gather to collect their pay check  from their hated supervisor. William & David stand behind the crowd waiting their turn for everyone to leave before approaching the Supervisor to collect their money. 

Supervisor: you Gweilos come back next week i have more work for you over at the docks.
It will be night-shift so dont drink to much this weekend.

The Supervisor reaches into his bucket pulling out two separate rolls of money for the two foreigners......................

The two have been in the city for several months after having escaped Russia and made their way through Mongolia, upon arriving in China they abandoned their mission for the assassination of the american traitor. Now both men have taken odd jobs no longer having a need to return to the United States and their black ops unit, for the 1st time they are now making their own choices. The two americans now living in a small shack room barely enough room for the little things they have let alone themselves, the room rented to them by a sprite old man who enjoys the two americans company. 

having walked up the stairs to their room above the studio, their arrival is heard by their  landlord, the old man quickly runs after them knocking on the door. *knock knock, knock*

Old Man:
I know you boys are home!
Do you have my rent money?

David opens the door and smiles at the Old Man as he hands him the rent, the Old Man taking it counts it in front of David and greedily smiles.

Old Man:
Good, Good, Good.
you boys are alright, you come down for dinner.
 my grand daughter has prepared a good dinner.

David: thank you Mr. Wu. We will be down soon.

Mr. Wu: good, good, good. you boys eat up we have busy schedule tomorrow.
Go grocery shopping tomorrow, and more english lessons.. maybe I teach you boys more Kung Fu.

David: that would be most appreciated it.

William in the back of the room overhears the Old Man although annoyed he has learned to tolerate the Old Man after all he has provided a roof for them. Lycan quietly listens to the Old Man rambling away  feeling a debt to the Old Man and his Grand Daughter that he feels he cannot repay.
Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Dark King
William having showered and changed clothes comes down from the room for dinner, the Old Man sitting in his living room listening to the radio, his Grand Daughter in the Kitchen while David helps her set up the table.

Mr. Wu: 
You want to play  Mahjong after dinner, William? 
After all it is a four player game.

William: perhaps Mr. Wu.

Grand Daughter: dinner is ready, Gong Gong (Grandpa)

Mr. Wu
: good, Meifen...

They all gather to sit at the table politely waiting to be served by Meifen who quietly serves them and smiles, everyone having been served wait for her to sit before they begin eating.

Meifen:
How was work today for everybody?

David: it was a busy day, the supervisor wants us to return next week for more work.

William: We will be working at the Docks at night.

Meifen: What about you Gong Gong?

Mr. Wu: Few students who wish to learn how to fight, had 10 students today.
Everyone want to learn Kung Fu but they dont listen or open their minds..
Bah.. if we didnt need the money i would not teach them.
how was school today, Meifen?

Meifen: hard Gong Gong as always. i do not think i can learn all that they have to teach.

Mr. Wu: you must, i will not always be here and you need to be able to rely on yourself.

Meifen: yes, Gong gong.
i will graduate it and make you proud.

During dinner the discussion continues William and David have learned to open up as their individually continues to grow having been forced to interact with people in various settings. After Dinner the Old Man sets the game board to play Mahjong, David having helped clean the table while William washes the dishes while Mr Wu whispers at his Grand Daughter as she smiles while looking at the two americans.

Mr. Wu: you two are good people, maybe someday you two will tell us what you are doin in china.
until then you two can keep cleaning and washing the dishes. *smiles* 
You boys hurry up so we can play, i dont want to fall asleep while waiting.
Maybe we play for money this time to make it more interesting.

Meifen: Gong Gong, you know you should not gamble.

Mr. Wu: i was just joking, Meifen.

Everyone gathered around the game board begin to play through the night until the Grand Daughter and Old Man grow tired and call it a night. William returning to the room for the night takes a sitting meditative position staring at the wall on his mattress.  Closing his eyes he ignores David who arrives after having helped clean up the board game. David lies on his mattress and  looks toward the other wall while William sifts through his memories using his alien implant to show him clear images and moments of his previous black-ops missions as if it were being replayed on a screen within his own mind. Having grown tired of reliving those moments he tries to reach out to memories prior to having been revived when he was still human, he tries to grasp the memories of his childhood only to be too fleeting and vague. He cannot lock unto what should be the more cherished memories of his life,  when compared to his technological recorded memories his human memories might as well be forgotten pain that can no longer be relived even if one tried.

The following morning the two are up and ready  before the Old Man can knock on their door, the Old Man in front of the door with his hand raised is stopped from knocking during the timed opening.

Mr. Wu:
you boys up and ready?
One of you need to go accompany my Grand Daughter to the market.

David:
i will accompany her.

Mr. Wu: good. you, William, you come with me and help me clean my studio.
We talk in english while i teach you some more Kung Fu, some Wing Chun this time.