Magi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Magi
No Caption Provided

Level 1313 was always the place to be when you visit Coruscant. It's a smuggler's paradise really with the lack of law and amount of buyers ready to get their grubby hands on the most illegal of possessions. It's dirty and corrupt and sullied and profitable and beautiful all at the same time. I remember specifically a single buyer of mine that always liked to hear stories of where I "found" my treasures...

"Ooo what do you have here Ven? A holocron? Now this wouldn't have any compromising information on it would it?" asked the Besalisk. "I wouldn't have taken it if the thing didn't have compromising data on it." answered the smuggler Ven or as his enemies called him "Vendetta". "Good you know just how I like it brother, who did the thing belong too so I know where to send my blackmail." croaked the buyer, Sonner Sukker. "Well it was in the hands of a couple of Jedi so I bet you anything its worth a lot." Ven adjusted his overcoat and hat when he reminded himself of that morning. "Don't leave me hangin' Ven, go on tell good ol' Sukker yer story! Har har!" roared Sonner in the cramped back alley room where he does his business...

I was pathfinding for a group of Jedi on Makeb when everything happened. The sun rose on the horizon and after a full night of walking through a dense forest I was exhausted. The three I was leading on the other hand looked like they'd had a full nights sleep and a hearty breakfast after sixteen hours of walking. I never got what kept those guys going what with them swearing off women and booze along with any pleasure really. I sure as hell couldn't go a day without some spirit-juice and a beautiful twi'lek woman to warm my bed. There were three of them with me two were older and the third was the youngest some cadet or something. They wouldn't tell me what they were after only that at the end of our journey there would be trouble, and god damn it was that an understatement.

The three of them didn't talk much during the trek, in fact they didn't talk at all. They just walked quietly in their robes with the youngling between the two others. It was still fresh into dawn when we came to the opening leading to a very dark cave. Fifty or so yards away from the entrance were two scumbags sitting on a fallen tree. They were human much like my party but they looked like mercenaries cheap ones at that. The Jedi had joined my crouch at the edge of the clearing and watched on at the two mercs bicker over who got rodent they were cooking over a shambled together fire. The kid snapped a branch, that's when things went south. Instantly the degenerate on the left flew himself into the air and fumbled around with his rifle for a bit before firing a crazed burst of shots into the forest we huddled in. My friends were ducking but I've seen men like him before and he couldn't shoot the wide side of a Hutt bastard from 6 feet away. His pal smacked the satisfied looking idiot in the head and screamed loud enough for us to hear "YOU DUNSKULL, YOU COULDA' KILLED ME WITH THA-" and that's as far as he got before my pistol sent a shot through his brain leaving him a heap on the ground.

Instantly we rushed in together while I suppressed the fool crying behind the log he once sat on. One of the Jedi used his magic to lift the huge log up from the ground along with a couple of nearby rocks and tearing away the foliage that grew upon the bark exposing the second merc. "Now Vendetta!" shouted the robed monk in a strained voice. I fired three shots that burned through the enemies back as he ran away sobbing throwing him dead to the ground. The massive tree dropped down too the ground again with a quake and in turn the Jedi unsheathed their lightsabers, the kid was using two one blue and one green leaving me surprised seeing a Jedi wield two for the first time in my life and a kid no less. We all crept towards the medium sized entrance to the no doubt large cave. After we came the edge of the unfathomable darkness the monk that lifted the tree spoke for a second time "This doesn't feel right." then the darkness erupted into a fiery red light flowing from the beams of twenty lightsabers.

They shot out from the dark and in retreat the only one of my companions that had spoken or used their powers the whole time used this ethereal skill again to throw us as far back from the cave entrance as possible. A blur went by and I landed on my back, quickly I shot up and rubbed my eyes before pulling my holstered pistols out and aiming them from my hip towards the horde of Sith. The Jedi were already in combat, but while the two older monks fought off two or three enemies the kid had already killed four and six more were quickly on him. At this point I was in awe of watching the skilled warriors dance with their blades right up until two Sith appeared ten or so yards away on either side of me. They stood there with their sabers lowered almost scraping the ground of Makeb's sandy surface. As soon as they moved I had my arms crossed firing both pistols rapidly in the Sith's directions slowing their advance too a brisk walk. I kept firing for what felt like hours before finally they cut the distance between me and them in half, finally I uncrossed my arms and flipped my Incendiary switches right above the trigger and watched the thick long barrels of my guns roll as they switched the round in the chamber. I shot two smoking red projectiles towards my two challengers and watched the effect, the guy on my left used his powers to fling the shot to the left into a nearby tree setting its midsection ablaze then I watched as the less responsive Sith warrior tried to deflect the round like he did the others. The shot exploded and quickly flowed around his saber enveloping his face and torso.

As one enemy writhed in pain the other through his hand up and unleashed a storm of energy towards me. The blue lightning clashed with my energy shield throwing me back against a large greenish tree. The lightning reacted with my guns throwing sparks into the air. The Sith's lightning hurt, it hurt a lot leaving me stunned as it ate through the last of my shield. For a second I thought I was dead, then I remembered the credits that would come at the end of this job and all the stuff I was gonna buy with it. I shakily rose my hand as the black clad warrior continued to throw lightning from his palm, I could feel him smiling a dark maniac smile through the worn engraved helmet he wore. In his glee he failed to realize my arm raising and did nothing to counter it as my shot rang out finally high enough to kill and blew the left half of his neck away rendering the man incapacitated and gasping for breath on the dry ground. I gasped for air as well finally being able to rest my strained muscles. Shooting my pistol had blown the end of my right barrel's end to bits leaving my with a single weapon. I walked away from the tree I almost died against and surveyed the carnage ahead towards the clearing. Two of the Jedi had died leaving the kid on his knees trembling. I understand the boys angst and decided that maybe the Jedi aren't as muted as I thought before. I dusted my coat off and began to walk towards the kid when I heard the unsheathing of a saber from my left. It was the other Sith I battled looking badly burnt with much of the flesh on his human face missing. He shouted in anger and began to run towards me, I raised my gun to meet him but before I could fire a green disc flew out from the clearing and passed through the man's neck. The final Sith fell and I watched his head roll off into the brush. The green disc returned towards the clearing, I followed it back to that single boy tears running down his face but not in fear of sadness. In rage he screamed an ungodly scream and sped into the cave blades risen above his head.

I knew there was no reward to be found now that the customers I was meant to guide had fallen under my watch. Instead of walking back to civilization empty handed I looted the Sith of their sabers and took the holocron off the Jedi that spoke. The lightsabers got me enough cash to buy me repairs on my ship that let me make the run back here so I could find out what was on this holocron. It was deciphered after a couple hours by my good friend Greetone and I discovered the story behind this expedition. The two older Jedi Knights were teaching the youngling how to be a Jedi and took him on his first mission to recover an artifact found withing that cave. Apparently the kid is extremely powerful but also extremely reckless and undisciplined so the council thought that by not telling the trio of the Sith that lurked there he would learn of sacrifice or something. Of course the info the council gathered was a bit off and two Sith shifted into twenty. It doesn't take some mystic to tell that they unleashed something dark in that boy, probably something that's been corroding the kids heart for a while.

"Damn Ven is any of that true?" exhaled the buyer after his length of quiet listening had passed. "Not a single word." responded Ven with a smile. "Aw you know I hate it when you pull my legs with these lies Vendetta! In fact i'm fixin' to scrape off some of what I owe you!" echoed the laugh of the half serious alien. Although Ven told his friend (or the closest thing he has to one) his story was a lie there was a small bit of worry behind that smile for that boy he saw cry out in pain and hatred that morning. "The hell you will you wampa smelling brute."

Author's Note

So this is just a Star Wars GOT one shot so I don't think I'll do another following this character although anyone writing in the series is free to use him or any of the other characters however they like. This is also my first real post on this forum so lets be gentle bet constructive shall we. Just kidding tear it apart for every single flaw if you wish it is your comment after all. I'm rambling, anyway I hoped you like this and you should go check out all the other SWGOT stuff

Also I didn't proofread and pooped this out in one sitting so tell me what I missed if you want so I can improve my rapid style. Jk I'll think the next one through, honest.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@magi: Nice story! I especially enjoyed the 1313 and Makeb references. Your characters were also intriguing. You should seriously consider doing something long term with the group.

Magi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Magi

@dngn4774: Thanks! I'm thinking about getting into the Fan-Fic forums a bit more.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@magi: That's great to hear! The board could always use new writers. Any ideas on what project you want to work on next?

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#5 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@magi said:

@dngn4774: Thanks! I'm thinking about getting into the Fan-Fic forums a bit more.

Based on this story, you definitely should :) This was a great read, always nice to see some Star Wars fic here.