Star Wars Galaxy: Boba Fett #1

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Note: Just a little something I wrote awhile back. If people like it I might continue with it ('cough' Darth Vader 'cough').

The Best

No Caption Provided

People asked him why he wore the helmet.

His name was Boba Fett, bounty hunter and offspring of the greatest warrior in the galaxy. He was clad in green Mandalorian armor, jet pack bursting orange flames on his back, wrist launcher firing a homing missile at one of the many snipers taking cover upon the nearby rooftops, EE-3 blaster rifle in his free hand, firing dozens of blasts at the rebel cell surrounding him from all sides.

Boba Fett was proud to continue his father's legacy, despite his family name being disgraced upon his predecessor's death at the hands of a madman, the mighty bounty hunter liked to think he restored part of the man's legacy with every successful bounty he claimed.

That was why he wore the helmet. Not for protection, or to intimidate anyone foolish enough to get in his way, he wore it to remind people that his family... Fett's entire legacy was far from dead.

The Fett Clan was alive and kicking. Kicking and screaming

"Shoot him!!!" One of the Rebel soldiers ordered as Boba hovered in the courtyard separating the two buildings the two factions had claimed for their cause. "By the force! He's just one man! Someone kill him!"

There were easily two hundred rebels at this outpost, all were free men who had taken up arms to fight against the tyranny of the Empire. Free men who had taken their own personal freedom too far. 200 men... 200 people trying to kill him.

Boba only cared about one of them.

"I want your leader."Boba said, his voice dry and completely devoid of any emotion. With the remaining fuel of his pack, Boba smashed through one of the windows on the upper floors of the buildings, a quick adjustment of his wrist launcher replaced the missile function with the flamethrower setting. "The rest of you are expendable." He decided as bright, burning fire shot from his wrist, setting ablaze the soldiers on the same floor before they could fire. The sounds of their screams filled the bounty hunter's ears as one poor soldier fell through the window and plummeted towards the street below.

"I've sent your location to the Empire." Boba said, his helmet broadcasting the bounty hunter's voice to the rebel's communication channels. "Your little rebellion is over." Fett stood atop the building's roof, he looked down at the soldiers taking aim from the street and rolled his eyes. "Bring me your leader." He ordered. "Or I'll tear through you until I find him."

The soldiers all seemed uneasy, it was almost as if they were uncertain about their next option. Almost as if they didn't believe that 200 men could take out a single bounty hunter.

"You won't have to find me, Mandalorian." Fett glanced over his shoulder to see a tall, robed Trandoshan stood across the roof from him. The alien pulled a device from his belt and clicked a button on the side, causing a bright, purple beam to shoot up before him. "I'm already here!" The Jedi growled.

"You're not old enough to be a Master." Fett pointed out, referring to the Jedi's status and rank. His blaster and equipment were all at the ready, prepared for combat at a moment's notice. "Just a Knight. How... disappointing."

"I'm more then enough to destroy you!" The Jedi snarled before charging forward, speed nearly unmatched by anyone, using ancient, ritualistic techniques known to few.

Boba popped off a few shots with his blaster, all easily deflected by the Knight. Instead of standing his ground, Fett burst up into the air, out of range of the Jedi's lightsaber.

"Stand and fight!" The Trandoshan barked, Fett ignored the alien's rant and prepared his wrist launcher.

DVRRR!!!!

A thick, black wire shot from Boba's wrist, quickly wrapping around the alien's arms and forcing him to drop his weapon. Before the Jedi could even react a small dart shot into his neck, causing him to collapse down to the ground.

"If I wanted to fight you'd be dead." Boba muttered before casually kicking away the Trandoshan's lightsaber. Fett crouched by the Jedi's face and moved by his ear. "And you're worth more credits, alive."

"What... what have you..." The Jedi gasped, his fingers and toes twitching violently. His heart pounding violently in his chest as his body went completely numb. Fett stepped to the edge of the roof, the distinctive sounds of several Imperial TIE fighters filling the air.

The Trandoshan let out a low, loud growl as the sensation of failure began to kick in, along with the neurotoxin. He glared at the bounty hunter with pure, savage hatred as an Imperial Star Destroyer burst into the atmosphere overhead... it was like a knife cutting through all hope.

Down on the streets, the Rebel soldiers set down their weapons and placed their hands up in the air as dozens of Stormtroopers began to file into the area, blasters all at the ready. Boba quickly did the same as a squad of troops rappelled down from a passing Transport, knowing the procedure when it came to working with the Empire.

"I have to be honest Mister Fett... I'm impressed."

Captain Lorth Needa nodded with approval on the bridge of the Imperial Star Destroyer 'Avenger' as it hovered over the war torn planet of Ord Mantell. He prided himself on his smart, formal persona and generally preferred to keep people such as Boba Fett away from his clean, pristine command center, and far from the people under his command.

However, in some cases dealing with civilians couldn't be avoided and sometimes it actually payed off.

"Do I look like I care?"Fett asked, his arms folded across his chest. Despite his features being completely hidden under his helmet, the bounty hunter was clearly unimpressed with the strength and power of the Galactic Empire.

"Of course you do." Needa said. "A Rebel Cell has been crushed before it could spark any serious resistance. A rogue Jedi has been captured... the Emperor will be pleased. And you have gained yet another reference for your inspiring career of Bounty Hunter."

The technicians walking around the Star Destroyer's bridge all seemed fascinated by the Mandalorian, his cold gaze could still be felt by anyone it fell upon. Fett stood tall before the Captain, waiting patiently for his payment.

"Have the credits been transferred to my account?"

"Yes. Of course." Needa said, in the distance several large, green explosions tore through the buildings that had played host to the Rebels. "I always pay my debts."

"Then we're done here."Fett decided before turning to leave, small green cape fluttering on his back.

"I do have another job for you." Needa quickly added before the bounty hunter could take another step. Fett stopped in his tracks and turned his head slightly. "It's highly dangerous. But pays very well. Far more then the petty change you earn for your bounties."

Raising his helmet, intrigued, the Mandalorian stared coldly at Needa before responding.

"What's the job?"

The Captain smirked, fully aware he'd got the hunter's attention. "A dig team on the planet of Korriban has gone missing. We've also lost contact with the outpost surrounding the dig site. We're sending a squad to investigate, and it might pay off to have a man with your talents, tag along."

Boba Fett adjusted his cape and walked towards the bridge's exit, the cold, metal doors whirring open before him.

"I'll think about it."

Needa smirked slightly before turning back to his viewpoint, the flashes of green tainting the grey dust of the planet's sky.

For bounty hunters like Boba Fett, every bounty payed very well.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Gotta read later. Do some scripting for my Blade series too.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. Better finish this. I want to know what the new 'job' is.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Oh it's very cool. I put it there just to let people know I have a story arc planned if people like it.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Will read soon. I love that picture of Boba Fett. I have that as my Facebook profile theme.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bobba and Cad are my favorite Bounty Hunters/Mercs in the Star Wars universe.

I might write one for Mr Cad Bane one day.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By batkevin74
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: True. I lack any genuine emotions and secretly plot the destruction of my human overlords.

Sorry. What was that?

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@tommythehitman: I want a square down between Fett and Kir Kanos. He is waiting for that day.

No Caption Provided

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Fox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really intrigued by this and was disappointed when it ended you should make another and when you do tell me.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TommytheHitman

@_fox_: If I get time I will. What part did you like specifically? :)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#17  Edited By wildvine

@tommythehitman:

Nice start, but may I offer a note about the ending? Needa suggests another job, and Fett says he'll think on it, but he has nothing to think on. The way to cliff hang this would be to, say, have Needa offer a better paying job, and then end without a response from Bobba, making us wonder what the offer is. I mean, if you want to do more, and the number on the issue would suggest that.

Now, if you wanted to wrap things up, but leave it open for continuation, you could have had Needa say to a third person (possibly off screen) that he (they?) might have use for Bobba in the future. Make sense?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Also WiVi if you ever get chance could you have a quick check of my current Punisher stuff and just say how it could be improved?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Very good read. Boba and Han are my favorite Star Wars characters. Hope to read more chapters of this.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4donkeyjohnson: I didn’t write it “tomorrow” but I have wrote it if you want me to post it. ;)

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers