Star City Operation: Captain America and Squirrel Girl

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Abishai100

Captain America and Squirrel Girl unite to tackle a nefarious emergence of an army of darkness in Star City which has confounded both Batman and Green Arrow.

Batman and Arrow suspect that Ra's al Ghul is the mastermind of this new criminal dominion, but when Captain America (Cap) and Squirrel Girl (SG) investigate, they begin to suspect that this is the handiwork of Red Skull and Penguin.

When Cap and SG arrive in Star City, they find that the subway system has been taken hostage by Harley Quinn and Two-Face, enemies of Batman. Cap and SG suspect this is a diversion to draw police attention away from a more monumental terrorist attack on a more central target such as the Mayor's office.

Cap and SG decide to split forces. SG stakes out the subway system with her handy-dandy circuit interference device to freeze all trains from moving and thereby prevent any collisions or accidents. Cap, meanwhile darts towards the Mayor's office and indeed finds the mayor and his family being held hostage by Red Skull, Penguin and Ursa. Ursa is an enemy of Superman, so Cap is surprised to find her working with Red Skull but certainly not shocked.

Cap bursts into the office and commands Ursa, Red Skull, and Penguin to give themselves up, but they reply, "Why should we?" to which Cap replies, "If you do not, I will see to it that if you are ever incarcerated anywhere on this planet, your living conditions will be very below satisfactory." Then, Cap raises his shield and says, "I can detract your bullets and lasers with my laboratory-enhanced shield, but you can not handle me and my shield."

Penguin says, "Yes, well, the susceptible mayor here just might agree to concede to your plans for making our incarceration experiences very poor, and I don't have anything to handle your shield. So...let's make a deal. I'm sure you have some allied minion handling the subway situation, so if you convince me that Two-Face and Harley Quinn will be arrested and detained without undue harassment, then we will surrender the Mayor's office to your control."

Cap calls SG on his watch-phone and delivers the message to which SG replies, "Cap, we have the situation well at hand. Harley Quinn and Two-Face have surrendered. Nightwing showed up and helped me disarm and arrest them, and we're about to follow procedures to take them to Arkham Asylum for 3-hots-and-a-cot!"

Cap congratulates SG and informs Red Skull, Ursa, and Penguin of this new development and the three surrender. Cap transports them to Arkham peacefully and agreeably as promised, and on the way there in a grilled armoured truck, Cap asks Penguin, "Oswald, what was your intention in holding Star City hostage?" to which the eerie Penguin (now satisfied with his arrest procedures) replies with a grin, "I just wanted to see if you'd show up, Captain America. Tell Batman he has a thing-or-two to learn from your arrest procedures."

After Cap drops the three off at Arkham and picks up SG, he wonders how this terrible army of darkness was able to lure him into an insulting test about the supposed arrest-procedure brutality of Batman.

Cap says to himself, "What is it about armies of darkness that spontaneously create unhappiness?"

Army of Darkness (Film)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

=====

No Caption Provided

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@abishai100: Hmm, for whatever reason the story didn't seem to fit together that well. Not sure if it was the lack of clarity in regards to the dialogue or how some of the characters (mainly the Red Skull) seemed out of character. However with a little editing and character development this tale could be intresting due to its imaginative use of characters.