Splicers: The Corps chapter 7 Cooperation

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Malcolm Simmons was a child prodigy, at 13 he was already one of the youngest people to ever graduate from M.I.T. but all that went away in an instant. One morning he woke up with a sore throat, his mother noticed her sons discomfort and asked him what was wrong.

He attempted to tell her he had a sore throat but when the first word came out it was as if a train had crashed through the house. Every window shattered, the walls cracked, the ground shook and every car alarm within a 2 mile radius went off.

His parents rushed him to the doctor.

Dr. Harlan was amazed at the sight of his vocal cords,"Did you have him treated by Nexus when you we're pregnant?"

Malcolm's mother nodded as the doctor sat back, "This is becoming common with the children that were modified. Everyday now we hear new stories about these kinds of things. Your son has unique vocal cords, they produce sound of such a volume that it becomes a destructive force."

His father looked to the doctor,"Is there any way to control it or fix it?"

Harlan shakes his head,"Not that I can think of, as a side effect of his abilities his vocal cords are damn near indestructible making them next to impossible to remove without taking vital parts with them, as far as control goes the best I can tell you is don't let him speak because those cords are pretty much built to be a weapon now."

Rob and Malcolm sit on a couch playing a video game as Adam sits off to the side working one of Malcolm's dexterity puzzles when Campbell steps in,"Ahem."

They pause the game and look back as Campbell speaks,"These are detectives Reed and Costello from the Chicago PD......"

Rob interrupts,"If either one of you is named Lou I won't be able to take you seriously."

Campbell reaches over and swats him on the head,"As I was saying, They'll be working closely with us from. Apparently the local Mafia has been employing Trans humans for quite some time now. The head of the Task force has decided that it'll be mutually beneficial if we cooperate with regular police."

Detective Reed, the older of the 2 detectives has had a long and distinguished career he looks with a scowl at the 2 on the couch and then at Adam who had yet to even look their way. Detective Costello had just earned her detective shield and was happy to be assigned as partner to Reed who was well respected by most in the department.

Reed looked to Costello,"I have something to discuss with the Captain, you may as well get to know our new co-workers."

The group noticed his visible annoyance with that last word. Rob and Malcolm shrugged as they walked off and Costello sat down. Adam looked toward Costello with a smirk as Rob lit a cigarette.

She turned up her nose,"Those things will kill you."

Rob leaned back,"One of the great things about being spliced, we're cancer proof."

She looked annoyed,"Well I'm not spliced."

Adam snorted as a grin came over Rob,"If you say so."

Her eyes went wide as Rob continued, "Don't worry lady, we know how to keep our mouth shut. In fact Simmons here is a master at it."

She eased up a bit, "How did you know?"

He replied, "Super human sensory perception and Adam has regular snake vision, you don't have a Normie heat signature if you weren't one of us you'd be in a hospital having a seizure or something with that temperature. Also Adam's a telepath so he would've figured it out even without that."

She looked at Malcolm,"And what's your ability?"

He looked to Rob,"He's basically a human sonic cannon, he'd tell you himself but it would kill us all."

The 3 then looked at you, "What's yours?"

Before she could answer Reed and Campbell entered. Reed stepped in front of the T.V. and began, "The Chicago Syndicate has been using you people...."

Rob sat up,"I'm fairly certain they haven't been using me or anyone else in the room."

Reed gave him an annoyed expression,"The syndicate has been using splicers..I mean Trans humans as enforcers, hit men and drug runners for years. We haven't been able to bring any of them in though because we weren't equipped to deal with them."

Ana, Max and Brian came in and introduced themselves and sat to hear Reed out as he explained the problems the department had been having in the last few years.

The next day

Costello walks in in the morning and find the HQ mostly empty but sees Ana in the kitchen are pouring herself some coffee,"Where is everyone?"

Ana looks over, "They're in the training room, ever since the whole Kate Winchester thing a few weeks back Campbell has insisted on drilling us every morning cause to be honest we had our asses handed to us."

Costello sits down,"Did the guys tell you?"

Ana nods,"That you're one of us yea, no worries. Your secrets safe detective."

She smiles, "Call me Sara. I'm sure you guys probably think I'm a sell out."

Ana shakes her head,"We all do what we gotta do to get by, they don't exactly make it easy. Malcolm has a degree from M.I.T. and before he joined the task force the best job he could find was cleaning up a coffee house."

Training room

Rob stands looking at Brian, "You're going about this all wrong, yea you're good at dodging but you gotta use your speed while you're hitting too. I'm willing to bet if you put it behind your swing even the air off it should be a knock out."

Brian nods,"Okay." and swings, Rob is barely able to dodge but there is a sound of a sonic boom that hits and sends him flying into a wall.

Rob gets up slowly,"Next...lets work on..control."

Adam squares off with Max, "The reason your sister beat you has nothing to do with her power, unlike Rob and Ana who were crippled by it you were able to move yet you just stood off to the side. You're fear is what defeated you."

Max swings at him,"You saw how strong and fast she is."

Adam dodges,"Yes but she wouldn't be able to touch you while you were on fire without maiming herself."

He angrily swings again,"And I'm supposed to kill my sister?"

Adam swats his hand away,"She is a threat to you and everyone around her, I'm not saying killing her is the answer but you can't allow yourself to freeze up like that. Until you overcome your fear of her she'll always own you."

Max's hands burst into flame as he throws multiple angry swings that Adam easily dodges. Adam then sweeps his legs sending him down to the mat.

Campbell stares at Malcolm, "Are you gonna swing or what?"

Malcolm shrugs as Campbell continues, "What do you think you're gonna do when an enemy has you cornered?"

Malcolm grins and whispers as low as he can"boo." The force sends Campbell to the ground.

The Captain sits up and shakes his head,"Okay, that's enough for today."

Rob looks over rubbing his aching back,"Sounds cool to me."

Max is the last to leave, he's angry at Adam but knows what he said is true.

As the men enter the kitchen area Rob looks at Ana,"Why weren't you in there?"

Ana continues to sip her coffee,"Oh please I can kick all your asses at once."

Adam enters,"She's not wrong."

Campbell looks at Costello,"Where's Reed?"

She answers,"His daughter is having a kid. He won't be in today."

As she says that an alert goes off.

Rob looks up still aching,"Crap."

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

Malcolm Simmons was a child prodigy. At thirteen he was already one of the youngest people to ever graduate from M.I.T. but all that went away in an instant. One morning he woke up with a sore throat, his mother noticed her sons discomfort and asked him what was wrong. He attempted to tell her he had a sore throat but when the first word came out it was as if a train had crashed through the house. Every window shattered! The walls cracked; the ground shook and every car alarm within a two mile radius went off.

His parents rushed him to the doctor.

Dr. Harlan was amazed at the sight of his vocal cords,"Did you have him treated by Nexus when you we're pregnant?"

Malcolm's mother nodded as the doctor sat back, "This is becoming common with the children that were modified. Everyday now we hear new stories about these kinds of things. Your son has unique vocal cords, they produce sound of such a volume that it becomes a destructive force."

"Is there any way to control it or fix it?" His father asked

"Not that I can think of” Dr Harlan shakes his head “As a side effect of his abilities, his vocal cords are near indestructible making them next to impossible to remove without taking vital parts of him with them. As far as control goes the best I can tell you is don't let him speak”

“Really?”

“ His throat is pretty much built to be a weapon now."

Rob and Malcolm sit on a couch playing a video game as Adam sits off to the side working one of Malcolm's dexterity puzzles when Campbell steps in, "Ahem!"

They pause the game and look back as Campbell introduces two people following him "These are detectives Reed and Costello from the Chicago PD......"

Rob interrupts, "If either one of you is named Lou I won't be able to take you seriously."

Campbell reaches over and swats him on the head "As I was saying, they'll be working closely with us from. Apparently the local Mafia has been employing Trans humans for quite some time now. The head of the task force has decided that it'll be mutually beneficial if we cooperate with regular police."

Detective Reed, the older of the two detectives has had a long and distinguished career he looks with a scowl at the two on the couch and then at Adam who had yet to even look their way. Detective Costello had just earned her detective shield and was happy to be assigned as partner to Reed who was well respected by most in the department.

Reed looked to Costello, "I have something to discuss with the Captain, you may as well get to know our new co-workers."

The group noticed his visible annoyance with that last word. Rob and Malcolm shrugged as they walked off and Costello sat down. Adam looked toward Costello with a smirk as Rob lit a cigarette.

“Those things will kill you." Stated Costello as she turned up her nose,"

Rob leaned back, "One of the great things about being spliced, we're cancer proof."

"Well I'm not spliced!"

Adam snorted as a grin came over Rob, "If you say so."

Her eyes went wide as Rob continued, "Don't worry lady, we know how to keep our mouth shut. In fact Simmons here is a master at it."

She eased up a bit, "How did you know?"

"Super human sensory perception” he replied “And Adam has regular snake vision, you don't have a Normie heat signature if you weren't one of us you'd be in a hospital having a seizure or something with that temperature. Also he's a telepath so"

"And what's your ability?" She looked at Malcolm

He looked to Rob, "He's basically a sonic cannon, he'd tell you himself but it would kill us all."

The three then looked at you, "What's yours?"

Before she could answer Reed and Campbell entered. Dective Reed stepped in front of the T.V. and began, "The Chicago Syndicate has been using you people...."

Rob sat up, "I'm fairly certain they haven't been using me or anyone else in the room."

Reed gave him an annoyed expression, "The syndicate has been using freaks…splicers..I mean you trans human types as enforcers, hit men, drug runners and whatnot for years. We haven't been able to bring any of them in though because we weren't equipped to deal with them."

Ana, Max and Brian came in and introduced themselves and sat to hear Reed out as he explained the problems the department had been having in the last few years.

The next day

Costello walks in in the morning and find the HQ mostly empty but sees Ana in the kitchen are pouring herself some coffee, "Where is everyone?"

Ana looks over, "They're in the training room, ever since the whole Kate Winchester thing a few weeks back Campbell has insisted on drilling us every morning. Cause to be honest; we had our asses handed to us!"

Costello sits down,"Did the guys tell you?"

"That you're one of us yea, no worries. Your secret is safe detective." Said Ana

She smiles, "Call me Sara. I'm sure you guys probably think I'm a sell out."

Ana shakes her head, "We all do what we gotta do to get by, they don't exactly make it easy. Malcolm has a degree from M.I.T. and before he joined the task force the best job he could find was cleaning up a coffee house."

Training room

Rob stands looking at Brian, "You're going about this all wrong, yeah you're good at dodging but you gotta use your speed while you're hitting too. I'm willing to bet if you put it behind your swing even the air off it should be a knock out."

Brian nods,"Okay." and swings, Rob is barely able to dodge but there is a sound of a sonic boom that hits and sends him flying into a wall.

Rob gets up slowly, "Next...let’s work on control."

Adam squares off with Max, "The reason your sister beat you has nothing to do with her power, unlike Rob and Ana who were crippled by it you were able to move yet you just stood off to the side. You're fear is what defeated you."

"You saw how strong and fast she is." Max swings at him

Adam dodges, "Yes but she wouldn't be able to touch you while you were on fire without maiming herself."

"And I'm supposed to kill my sister?" He angrily swings again.

Adam swats his hand away, "She is a threat to you and everyone around her. I'm not saying killing her is the answer but you can't allow yourself to freeze up like that. Until you overcome your fear of her she'll always own you."

Max's hands burst into flame as he throws multiple angry swings that Adam easily dodges. Adam then sweeps his legs sending him down to the mat.

Campbell stares at Malcolm, "Are you gonna swing or what?"

Malcolm shrugs as Campbell continues, "What do you think you're gonna do when an enemy has you cornered?"

Malcolm grins and whispers as low as he can"boo." The force sends Campbell to the ground.

The Captain sits up and shakes his head,"Okay, that's enough for today."

Rob looks over rubbing his aching back,"Sounds cool to me."

Max is the last to leave, he's angry at Adam but knows what he said is true.

As the men enter the kitchen area Rob looks at Ana,"Why weren't you in there?"

Ana continues to sip her coffee,"Oh please I can kick all your asses at once."

Adam enters,"She's not wrong."

Campbell looks at Costello,"Where's Reed?"

She answers,"His daughter is having a kid. He won't be in today."

As she says that an alert goes off.

Rob looks up still aching,"Crap."

Nice!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: There will be some action in the next one

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

{They pause the game and look back as Campbell speaks,"These are detectives Reed and Costello from the Chicago PD......" Rob interrupts,"If either one of you is named Lou I won't be able to take you seriously." } Ha ha ha. Very good. Light on the action but not every chapter need a helicopter gunfight over a volcano during a storm! I have noticed you use the number 2 a lot when two, is more appropriate. { 2 detectives has had a long and distinguished career he looks with a scowl at the 2 } It just jumped out at me!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@4donkeyjohnson: Thats a result of me fighting the urge to do short hand

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

bump

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Poor Malcolm, it would have worked out better for him to be a telepath as well like Adam, but that would have been too easy! Very intrigued by Sara.