Splicers: Spider Light (iNTR0)

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SyIar

Chapter 0: What the hell is a Spider Light?

"Who the hell knows? You know how people are these days. You put two words together that sound kind of cool and have absolutely nothing to do with one another and viola, you have yourself a name that is suitable for one of the most feared and ruthless assassination squads on earth." A tall skinny man with black rimmed glasses and a bright red tie sullenly gleams down from the center of a very large stage, staring down at the shadowy figures below him. In one of his hands he holds a small laser pointer and in the other a handheld electronic device that appears to be wired to a small portable box.

"...But that isn't important. What is important is the fact that they are still out there somewhere doing God knows what to God knows whom. We can't just stand by and allow these mutts to dismantle the very foundation that this country, hell, this planet was built on. They must be stopped. Eliminated. Destroyed. Wiped out clean. There is no other option for us. Humanity has been pushed to the edge for far too long. If we allow these bullies to push us around without proper retaliation then we are opening up ourselves to an even bigger threat. We are telling them that they have won and that we have submitted to them. We are telling them that because they are able to heal from gunshot wounds in seconds, that they are in fact unstoppable. We are telling them that because we can't turn our bodies into steel, that we can't protect ourselves from their polluted blood and tainted genes. This is the beginning of the end for our species if we can't fight back. Many have led you to believe that fighting back is not only futile, but completely useless and unnecessary. That we cant.. won't protect ourselves from these animals . Well i'm here to tell you that we can.. and we will. How, you might ask? The answer my friends is Spider Light." The crowd in the darkened auditorium began to mutter and whisper to one another as if something blasphemous has been said. The man calmly raises his right hand in the air and as if on queue the entire room falls silent. A small and pudgy women with glasses stands from her seat and stares off into the direction of the speaker in an act to get his attention.

"Yes, Agent Fleur?" The man annoyingly tempts as he lowers his hand in the direction of the woman and smiles softly. "Spider Light is not only the most secretive and discrete criminal underground group the French ECD department has gotten the chance to study, but is also the most random and untraceable. We have reason to believe that Spider Light is nothing more than a large unorganized group of people around the globe that act out in protest and then brand themselves with the label in a way to feel connected. There are no persons of interest in Spider Light, Commander because there is no Spider Light. At least not the one you believe in or.. want to believe in. We need to focus our energy and time on a more productive and sensible solution to bring about an end to our... problem." The woman confidently replies as some of the members in the audience clap and nod their heads in agreement.

"No persons of interest? Diplomatic murders all over the planet and you and your fellow associates believe that there is no specific task force or death squad to blame for this? No specific persons responsible for the deaths of countless ECD officials and leaders? I'm very disappointed in you and your department's profiling skills Agent Fleur. Please refrain from speaking out against an idea until all the information about said idea has been surfaced. Please sit." The man scowls at the woman as she angrily glances around her surroundings, waiting for some kind of reaction from her fellow counterparts. Defeated and angry she quickly sits in her seat, raising her head in the direction of the man in the red tie.

"Who is apart of Spider Light and how will their demise help our cause?" The speaker playfully asks as he raises his handheld device in the air. "I have the answer right here in my hand. All the theories and fallacies put to an end."

The man clicks on the device as a wide screen suddenly ejects itself from the small black box on the floor and shoots itself into the sky. Everyone, including the speaker looks up as a picture appears in the large blue rectangle. It is a mugshot of a fair and short haired black woman. Her left eye is blackened and her lip is busted as her face gloomily stares down at the crowd. "This here is Angelica Akpu-nku. Yesterday, she was apprehended in Cuba after being caught in the vicinity of the Cuba ECD Bombings during the aftermath and was placed under evaluation for questioning. During initial protocol when given a small dose of sodium amytal XZ7, Ms. Akpu-nku revealed that not only is Spider Light real and currently disbanded, but that she herself was in fact apart of it before it's initial break up. She also revealed the codenames of her ex-teammates as well as where to find one of them." The audience's whispers and mutters grow loud as the speaker finishes his sentence. "As all of you know, sodium amytal XZ7 is our agencies very own special and 100% accurate truth serum. Either Ms. Akpu-nku is the first of thousands to outsmart and change the chemistry of a once believed unbeatable drug that has been applied and financed by 45 years of research and spending... or she's telling the truth. Now you tell me.. which seems more believable and logical? Now the how. How could their capture possibly help our cause? It's simple really. We capture the most vicious and primed members of their kind and turn them on themselves. With Spider Light under our wing we can change the direction of the game. We are only inches away from developing technology that can harvest their abilities for our own use. With Spider Light's members collected, we can take their abilities and create our very own army of super powered soldiers. Peace Keepers. Through this nightmare, we can create something as impossible as world peace. We can create a utopia for our kind."

Silence falls upon the large auditorium as the man in the red tie turns his head in all directions. "Now that we are all on the same page here..."

The man clicks on his device again to reveal the same picture of the same woman before, only now it is crossed out with a large X.

"Codname... Tundra."

Tundra

"Born in Somalia and raised by the rebel army, Ms. Akpu-nku gained her stripes at the young age of 10 when she single handedly wiped the countries capital off the face of the earth. Using her special abilities, she covered the city in a thick layer of snow and even managed to cut off the circulation of oxygen to everyone caught inside the perimeter of the haze. We believe that she was one of the many unborn children experimented on in the Somali Republic before the pandemic took place. In Africa and parts of the Middle East she is specially known as "Hell's Winter". It is believed that Tundra is personally responsible for the deaths of President Taibo and his entire family. If ECD had royal background, Mr. Taibo would be one of our very few kings, so her capture was that of top priority. Her time with Spider Light is believed at this time to be that of the offensive variety. She was executed this morning and will be preserved for future use. Her death wasn't a complete waste however, seeing as we now have the location of our next target and various samples from her for our new project."

"Our next target is a young woman codenamed Cupid. It was revealed by Tundra that Cupid has been unconscious for four years and currently resides in an unsecured industrial hospital in Tokyo. I have already deployed a team to apprehend her in Japan, so soon we will be one step closer to changing the world my friends. Meeting adjourned.

The lights in the large auditorium go on and illuminate the crowd. All the listeners in the seats below the stage are labeled with a small sign on top of their desks, each naming a country they represent.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

great start

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@SyIar: That is AWESOME! That's really good work. Spider Light is a great concept and I love how the came up with the name, I can imagine an advertising sitting around for weeks going "Shadow Gang? No... How about Operation Brownstone? Codename Omega? Something ambigous..." :)

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AweSam

Whenever I see "spider", I always assume Spiderman. Good start.

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SyIar

@joshmightbe: Thank you J.

@batkevin74: Thanks. I was trying to think of a name that might mean something to some people somewhere and the end result was Spider Light. the hardest part about choosing the name was planning out a reason behind it which was harder than expected, but in the end I think I have something interesting to roll with. Thanks again =]

@AweSam: Sorry to disappoint. Bat Light just didn't have the same ring to it. =P

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AweSam

@SyIar said:

@AweSam: Sorry to disappoint. Bat Light just didn't have the same ring to it. =P

I would have said some mean things if it was Spiderman lol.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@SyIar said:

@batkevin74: Thanks. I was trying to think of a name that might mean something to some people somewhere and the end result was Spider Light. the hardest part about choosing the name was planning out a reason behind it which was harder than expected, but in the end I think I have something interesting to roll with. Thanks again =]

Advertising Agent: What about Bat Light?

Advertising Executive: You mean Bat Signal?

AA: No, Bat Light?

AE: To confusing? Plus copyright issues ;)

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SyIar

@AweSam said:

@SyIar said:

I would have said some mean things if it was Spiderman lol.

..... So is now a bad time to mention that Spider-Man IS behind Spider Light?

(kidding)

@batkevin74 said:

@SyIar said:

Advertising Agent: What about Bat Light?

Advertising Executive: You mean Bat Signal?

AA: No, Bat Light?

AE: To confusing? Plus copyright issues ;)

Still better than my original team name. SUPER LIGHT is just obnoxious.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

@SyIar: I wasn't nearly as creative naming my team, I named it the Corps because the Marine Corps backs them

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SyIar

@joshmightbe: "Corps" makes sense and does the job IMO. It has that military feeling but also has a sense of mysteriousness to it because it can belong to anywhere and be just about anything. Simple, but tasteful. I like it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

bump