waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

Written by me and ImpurestCheese.

This story takes place after the events of Avengers Academy issue 20.

Somewhere in the Nevada Desert.

Feel so... weak...

"God DAMMIT!" Patrick kicked the car. The motor had overheated, and they where several miles from, well, ANYTHING.

"Take it easy, Pat!" Mary said, as she stepped out of the car. "That's not gonna help."

"Sure it does; it helps me steam off!"

Where am I?

"Don't be mad, honey." Mary placed a hand on Patrick's shoulder. "I'm sure the reception on our phones will return to normal soon."

I remember... the brute...

"Yeah, yeah. I know your right. It's just... we should have taken a flight to Vegas. The road trip was a stupid idea."

He cost me my victory...

"Pat, it's just a bump on the road." She kissed him on the cheek. "Once the reception is back we will call for some help, and we can get on with our honeymoon."

The Dark Gods... They have granted me life once more...

"Mary, is that a... person?" Pat pointed at something that were coming at them. The figure were to far away to be recognized as man or woman, but whoever it was, he or she seemed to be weak. Patrick and Mary grabbed a bottles with water as they saw the stranger drop to the ground, and ran to his or hers aid.

"Hey!" Mary jelled. "You okay?!"

But once they got close enough, they realized that whoever it was, it wasn't human.

"Oh god!"

"Patrick, relax. Maybe... maybe it's a mutant. They don't always look... normal. Hey, you!" She yelled, keeping a certain distance, just in case. "You okay? Need help or something?"

"... yes." the creature stood up, slowly. It looked at Mary and Pat with it's huge, insect-like eye. "Been so many years... so... HUNGRY."

No Caption Provided

One month later, at a gas station in the Nevada desert...

"Hey, Vance-"

"No."

"But-"

"No! I'm not going to gamble with you, Robbie. We are going to Vegas because YOU want to, but that's it."

"But it could be fun! Seriously, look me in the eyes and tell me that you NEVER wanted to gamble in the City Of Light."

"I'm Jewish, Rob. It's against my religion."

"So is premarital sex, but that didn't stop you."

"... Shut up and fill up the car..."

Robbie Baldwin mumbled something, as he placed the nozzle back. "Look, I'm sorry. I'm just a little... bored, okay?"

"Yeah..." Vance Astrovik sighed. He sat behind the wheel, staring at a magazine without really reading it. "Me too, to be honest."

"Look, I know we said that we were going to explore the country, but I had hoped for, you know... some superaction as well."

"Sorry, Robbie, but it seems like we are so unlucky that the towns we visit aren't terrorized by psychopaths who ruins the everyday man's life. A shame!"

"... You know what I meant!"

"Sorry, just yanking your chain. But for some reason, most superhuman crime takes place in New York."

"But it's weird, isn't it? There most be SOME guys who thought; Hey, let's NOT go to the one town with a bazilion heroes!"

"It's actually one hundred and twent-"

"Whatever!"

"Look, Robbie, getting on each others nerves is not going to help. But what did you expect? That just because two third-stringer heroes is in town, that an alien will show up, blast us with his lasergun an-"

SSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

If it wasn't for the reflexes gained from the years of experience as both a New Warrior as well as an Avenger, Vance Astrovik, better known as Justice, wouldn't have been able to create a kinetic shield in time to save his life from the red beam of energy that had just been fired at him and his friend, who had already banged his head at the car, summoning his Speedball persona.

"You shall be the instrument in the return of my people, humans!" An grotesque creature with one gigantic eye had appeared.

"... Yeah." Speedball bounced at the ground, throwing himself at their newly arrived enemy. "Pretty much what I expected!"

Speeding towards his target, Robbie saw the alien dropping the gun and slam his fist into his face, the force knocking him backwards into the car before ricocheting back the way he came before colliding with his assailant, the impact sending them smashing into a hastily abandoned SUV. With a groaning hiss, the mysterious figure picked Speedball up by the neck and slammed him through the hood of the car, before summoned his powers and sent them both flying past Vance and into a seedy motel, the wooden façade splintering.

“I think I recognize this guy.” Vance stated, as he sent a telekinetic shield over the alien and levitated him off his feet. “I remember the Avengers talking about an alien called Psyklop who tried to kill them, I was under the belief that he has been killed…” Before he could finish the telekinetic shield lit up with a scarlet light and his alien burst his way out of his containment.

“I am Psyklop, I am he who made the earth shudder.” The alien announced as he locked his eye onto Vance, the orb glowing crimson. “You have one purpose, bring me the other one, he is the one who will help me fuel my revenge against the brute.” He snarled, as Vance’s eyes glowed red, before he turned to stare at Robbie.

“Uh Vance you okay?” Robbie asked, as he saw Vance woodenly step towards him. “Wow you got the red eye, that isn’t a good look on you.”

“I have had enough of your jokes!!” Vance spat, as he sent a blast of telekinetic energy at Speedball, his friend turned enemy bouncing out the way just in time only to see Psyklop run to intercept him, the alien grabbing his leg and spinning him around back towards Vance, and the telekinetic cage he had summoned up.

“If it helps I’m sorry for bringing up that pre-marital sex thing.” Speedball stated sadly, as he ran at the nearest wall, before ricocheting around the cage, each impact forcing his expand with each blow, until it exploded outwards, the release of energy sending the cars on the highway and at the petrol station flying. “Oh c**p.” Speedball cursed, as he watched a sedan go spiralling towards the motel, “Got to bounce!!” He added, as he leapt at the car, shoulder barging it off course before falling to the floor.

“Your concern for the weak is holding your power back.” Psyklop announced, as he and Vance advanced on Speedball, their eyes glowing with an alien malice. “Rest assured that I will put your impressive powers to good use, once I have killed the creature known as the Hulk, I will use your energies combined to beseech the Dark Gods to restore my people.”

“Oh so you’re one of those religious, everyone has to die for my religion kind of guys.” Speedball stated, as he sped towards Vance, his former teammate setting up an array of angled telekinetic surfaces to block his approach. “Got to say you didn’t think this through did you?” He asked as he bounced off every surface and slammed into Justice, the blow knocking Vance to the floor, his eyes sparing before the red colouration faded.

“Why are you on top of me?” Vance asked as Psyklop grabbed Robbie again and slammed him into the ground, before dragging him along the tarmac, pain radiating through Robbie’s body before exploding outwards in a wave of blue energy, one that sent Psyklop crashing into the petrol station.

“You want power!!” Robbie hissed through gritted teeth, then take it!!” He bellowed, as Psyklop got to his feet, his face ripped open and his left arm hanging limply by his side. “TAKE IT ALL!!” Robbie roared in a voice that shook the petrol station and the motel.

“Yes this is the power I need!!” Psyklop hissed as he reached out with his unbroken arm, crimson energy snaking out towards Speedball, before they turned and blue and lanced back into the alien. “Once again this planet will fear the name Psyklop!!” He boomed, before the captured energy exploded outwards igniting the petrol station and vaporizing the roof.

“The motel!!” Robbie gasped, as the energy spread out only for a ring of telekinetic energy surrounded the centre of the explosion, causing the energy field to collapse in on itself, before sending a spray of dust over the entire area. With a groan Psyklop smashed his way out of his self-created tomb, before collapsing on the asphalt, his body burnt and broken.

“My people, I have failed you.” Psyklop whispered, as his body began to fall apart, his arms turning to ash. “I am sorry. Once again, I was not good enough.” He finished, before his body collapsed into ash and was blown away by a sudden gust of wind, leaving Vance and Robbie standing there alone.

“You wanted some superaction.” Vance stated dryly as he turned to focus on their car, now lying upside down half way across the highway.

“Yeah that hopefully fills up our quota of super criminals for this trip” Robbie replied sadly, as the people in the motel and on the highway emerged and just stared blankly at the ruins of the petrol station. “I was expecting to feel like I usually do after a fight, but now, I mean this Psyklop guy was a villain but…” He stopped, the words he had been thinking about now making him feel awkward.

“To us maybe.” Vance announced, as he levitated the car off the road and back onto its tyres. “It’s probably not best to dwell too long on this.”

“Yeah I guess.” Robbie sighed, before his sombre expression morphed into a half smile. “So where next then?”

"Now," Vance made a weak smile. "Now, we go to Vegas, so you can end up broke, and I can tell you; I told you so."

As the two heroes drove away, a young man in the crowd of bystanders with long dirty hair turned off the camera in his phone.

"DUDE! This is so going on YouTube!"

Next time; The return of... The Speedball Revenge Squad!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@waezi2: Cool, Cool, Cool. Try going for a callout, it may attract more people in

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Try cbishop and Tommy for starters and see what happens

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: @cbishop:

Me and Cheese are writing a mini series about the untold tale of Speedball and Justice road-trip before they revived the New Warriors.

Any ideas to who would be interested?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#6  Edited By cbishop

@waezi2: No clue. When I'm not sure, I just call out several people and add a note that if they don't want to be called out, just let me know. :)