So Scary- Detention

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Appropriate for Mature Readers. May contain mild violence, language, and/or suggestive themes.

Check out these tales of terror and read if you dare. And there will be more chills to come.

Note- These scary tales will not have an ending, but to let readers think what's going to happen next.

Note- These stories are rewritten into novel format. To check out the original series, click the links on my blog, Impersonator's Fan-Fic Library.

No Caption Provided

So Scary- Detention

Detention had never been Mr. Davis’ idea of punishing his students. But it was the principle rule. Kids, who don’t treat their teachers with respect, only get themselves in trouble.

Mr. Garth Davis was an English teacher for 10 years. He had all his students sat in detention for their naughty behaviours. He also hated the fact that he had to sit through the class and watch them over, whether they were going to cause more trouble.

Now, only one kid got himself in detention. His name was Billy. He had a tough life going for him, ever since his father landed in jail. For that, he made an excuse for causing trouble. The teacher had said to him, for seeking help from the counsellor. But it seemed that Billy never wanted help, not from anyone.

“Please, Mr. Davis,” Billy said. “I have to go. I promise I would never fight again.” Billy had fought some nerd before the class started.

Mr. Davis didn’t listen to him. He only wanted his student to learn a harsh lesson. Sometimes, he had to correct the term papers or assignments while he noticed that some of his students threw the papers on the floor. So, he decided to play a certain game, just to pass the time.

He looked at the chalkboard with the white letters that had been guessed by Billy. It was a game to test the kids and see if they can get through detention. If a person wins the game, he or she can go home. That game was called the Hangman.

Mr. Davis had been called the Hangman for the past ten years. He started the game in the first place due to boredom. Though, he wasn’t fond of the fact that his nickname was being called numerous times, he had to teach his students a lesson.

“Guess the last letters,” Mr. Davis said. He pointed towards the chalkboard. Then he walked towards Billy. “If you win, you’re free to go home.”

Billy never expected this from his own teacher. Most of his other teachers wouldn’t play the Hangman. But for Mr. Davis, it seemed enough a pleasure for him.

“Mr. Davis...Please...”

“Guess the last words,” the teacher repeated.

Billy knew the last letters. But if he wanted to get out of this horrible detention, he would have to do it.

“You...Will Be...Hanged,” Billy said slowly.

The teacher smiled. He walked towards the wall, and pulled the rope.

A few hours later, the police have arrived to Garth's classroom. Most teachers and students were shocked to hear that Billy committed suicide. Mr. Davis made an excuse for not being there. He explained it to the police that he was in the bathroom for a while. When he came back, he saw Billy hanged himself.

“I...I just didn’t know what to do,” Mr. Davis said, crying. The other teacher comforted him. Garth looked at the chalkboard, which he erased the letters.

The police looked around Billy’s body for a while. Later, they had his body removed from the classroom.

It had been a month since Billy died. Now, Mr. Davis is back in detention. This time, it was a new student who just transferred from a private school. The reason- He never finished his homework on time. The new student knew his teacher was the Hangman.

“Okay then,” Mr. Davis said as he got up from his desk. “Let’s play a different game. Shall we?”

The student was confused for a moment. Surely, Mr. Davis never played a different game other than Hangman before.

“Let’s play...crossword puzzle.”

Next Story- The Ward.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.