Sharpshot/Doomhound: Bloody War #7

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

NOTE: Half of this was written by @tommythehitman. He's a great writer, and it's been a pleasure working with him...Actually have a future colab on the way, ;)

Elsewhere... but somehow slightly in the future.

"So. This is it?"

Kid Thunder shivered in the night sky, the smell of smoke and gasoline reeked from the makeshift spacecraft in front of him. The city had been VERY badly damaged during the war. Thousands had died... buildings had been crumbled to nothing... but now it was over... and everything was different.

"I guess this is it." A cold voice muttered from behind, the rooftop's fire exit door slammed shut as a figure stepped forward out of the darkness. The man was carrying a small rucksack tossed casually over his shoulder. "Thanks a lot... Ian." He said. A look of pain flashed across his face for a moment almost as if he was remembering a painful memory. "Make this place better Ian." He requested.

Kid Thunder nodded as his friend stepped onto the ramp that sprung out of the Spacecraft's side.

"Good luck Callum. I hope you find what you're looking for."

Callum Hawke said nothing in response. The ramp slammed behind him and he was hidden from view. After several seconds the engine began to light up with flame and started to shake violently. Slowly but surely the spaceship raised into the dark sky... before vanishing from sight. Kid Thunder smiled as his friend left forever... and felt something brush against his leg. He glanced down to see Sharppoodle staring up at him.

"Come on Pood..." Ian muttered as he picked the small dog up in his arms. "Let's get outta here."

Here. Star City.

Ian Morgan stared in shock as the gigantic being once known as Sharplactus fell slowly towards the ground, blood rushing from his neck and... for a brief moment Ian saw a bright flash of light appear right by the wound. It wasn't clear what had killed the monster... but it probably involved him losing his head... which was slowly tumbling towards the ground.

"Everyone get back!" Ian yelled at the two others by his side. Tactic and Swamp Thing both stared in horror as several skyscrapers crumbled beneath the giant's weight, sending debris flying in all directions. Ian ducked behind a car for cover as a brick whizzed over his head. "JESUS!" He screamed.

"Friend Thunder,,," Ian glanced up to see Swamp Thing towering above him. The debris smashed through his grassy body, however it did very little damage. "Innocents need us." He offered his hand for assistance and slowly Ian took it. "We must assist the sick and injured." Ian nodded.

"Right... okay. I guess we need t-" He was interrupted by Tactic shoving past him in an angered state. He had a bored look across his face.

"Nice working with you guys..." He muttered. "But I'm going hunting."

"Hang on a sec!" Ian reached forward to grab Tactic by the arm only for his hand to be be smacked away. "LOOK!" He yelled angrily. "We have t-"

"Don't think you can tell ME what to do Thunder!" Tactic yelled angrily. "I'm not a goddamn superhero! ...and don't you DARE think we're friends either!" Swamp Thing watched the scene quietly. His yellow power ring flickered in the dust filled air.

"BUT WHAT KILLED HIM?!" Ian yelled. He pointed towards Sharplactus' dead form. "Intergalactic beings DON'T drop dead for no reason! We need to find out who or what did..." Ian paused as he noticed Tactic staring at something behind him. "...this?" He followed his gaze... and nearly had a heart attack as he noticed the glowing figure hovering above them. Blood was splatter all across his body.

"That would be me." He said in a cold, monotone voice.

Lexcorp Tower

"Sharpshot..."Doomhound growled. "Now... YOU DIE!"Doomhound screamed before charging forward towards the naked man standing across the room. He raised his massive claws in an attempt to slash the man's body in half. "MURDERER!"

"Oh crap!" Sharpshot yelled as he dove to the side. Doomhound's claws were mere inches from cutting across his flesh and pulling his guts out. "You missed Doomass!" Sharpshot said before laughing. "Get it? Because it rhymes with dumbass? Of course you do." Doomhound halted before straightening up. Sharpshot yelped and climbed over a desk in an attempt to find safety. "Looks like..." He paused as he tried to think of a decent movie quote. He shrugged. "...you're a Rhinestone cowboy?" Can't win 'em all.

"I wasn't aiming for you."Doomhound growled as he smashed a nearby laptop on his father's desk. Alarms began to go off throughout the entire building... and slowly the glass container holding the original Doomhound symbiote burst open. The black slimy ooze burst from ts cage and wrapped itself around its master causing Sean Luthor to triple in height.

"Oh..." Sharpshot paused in a mixture of terror and... stupidity. "...s!ht!"

"Time to die psychopath."Doomhound said in something that resembled a whisper. "You've killed people that should never have died."He reared his head back to charge as Sharpshot pulled a small revolver from behind the desk.

"Bring it b-"

BWOMPF!

Bright light filled the room catching both men by surprise. Doomhound shielded his eyes with a gigantic paw, Sharpshot crouched behind the desk only to get an uncomfortable chill. When the light vanished both looked back towards its source.

"Gentlemen." The glowing figure was stood in the middle of the room... he was still covered in blood. "It's good to finally meet you."

"Who the hell are you?!"Doomhound screamed. There was something about the man that put him on edge.

"Me?" The figure smiled as pulled away his mask... revealing the scarred face... of a slightly older Sharpshot. "I'm the end."

MEANWHILE

Psycho had to get Lex Luthor to a secluded area...Alone, where he wouldn't hurt anymore people anymore. The attack on LexCorp tower was couldn't have happened at a better time. "Luthor!" Wieters yelled out. "We need to get you out of here! I have an underground safehouse nearby! I can take you there, but we have to go now!" Luthor wasn't quick to trust the eco-terrorist vigilante, but he had no choice. He nodded, as they ran out of the slowly decaying building. Psycho grabbed Luthor's hand as they made their way to a motercycle parked just outside. Psycho got in the driver's seat, revving up the engine. "Grab on!" he yelled, as Luthor got on the back. They raced their way out of the area, dodging countless blasts from all manner of energy based heroes and villains. Finally, after traveling down multiple alleys and shortcuts, they made it to Psycho's safe-house.

Psycho slowly got off, his heart beating rapidly. "This is it..." he thought. "Today, you'll have to be the one to save the world." He looked back at Luthor, sighing in self shame over what he'd done...Who he'd helped...Who he could have been helping. "I have weapons inside," he said. "Weapons, contingency plans, you name it." Lex Luthor laughed lowly, "Everything we need to start again." Psycho shook his head, taking a deep breath. "Yeah...Exactly" he whispered, as the two entered inside. As soon as Luthor entered, Psycho pulled out a controller from his front pocket, pressing a button. Suddenly, the door slammed shut, automatically locking. Luthor turned around, startled. "What are you doing? That's locking us in from the inside, you cretin!"

Psycho took of his mask, revealing his face. His eyes were pinkish with tears, and he was on the verge of bawling. "You won't be weaseling your way out of this," he cried. "And neither am I. I've done some terrible things...And there is no hope for me. We're entering a new generation of heroes. They won't make the mistakes we did...Your son is proof of that. But I won't die a monster like you, and I won't let you reap this world like your personal f***** up farm." Lex tried to reach for a weapon on Psycho's wall, but Wieters quickly put a bullet in his knee. Luthor screamed out, crying in pain. Psycho looked at his controller again, a big red button in the center. He quickly jammed it, his eyes bursting with tears as he did. "30 seconds to detonation" a female A.I voice boomed.

Psycho slowly pulled out a photo from his pocket...It was a picture of Poison Ivy, when she was still a member of The Judges. He smiled through his tears. She never noticed him as anything more than a friend, but maybe that was a good thing...Maybe Sean would be a better lover than he ever could be...A better mentor. "Damn..." he whimpered, possibly for the first time since he was a child. "I wish I got the chance to tell her...Take care of her, Sea..."

BOOM!!!

TO BE CONCLUDED...

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Awesome stuff! I really liked the scene at the end with Psycho kicking Luthor's ass.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome stuff! I really liked the scene at the end with Psycho kicking Luthor's ass.

Yeah, tried to give him a badass yet tragic farewell. Glad ya liked it. ;)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#5 wildvine  Moderator

*Looks for back links to catch up, doesn't see them*

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TommytheHitman

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/sharpshot-doomhound-bloody-war-7-1592244/

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Hmm intresting can't wait to see the finale

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a way, this was a kind of finale for one character...

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoilers!