Sentry: Rebirth Chapter 4

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CapFanboy

thanks to StarKiller809 for proof-reading and TypingKira for her help on both stories and who Bob could fight! really appreciate it guys! :) 

" It is good to have you back sentry.” Ares looked at me coldly. He was trying to look welcoming but he still had hate and anger burning in his eyes. Who would blame him, it was me who ripped his body in half and sent him to the underworld. 

“I am sorry if this is not a warm reunion. It is not one I expected nor welcome.”
“Ares listen to me. It wasn’t me, it was The Voi-”
“I know who was in control Robert. But it was still your hand that touched my flesh.” I KNOW. And I can feel it exactly how it happened, I didn’t want it to happen but it wasn’t in my contro-
“Forgive my brother Robert. Ares has always been a little stubborn and unforgiving.” Herc glared at his brother, “Ares, I brought Sentry here because he wished to apologize. Why he would waste his apologies on you I do not know.”
“Tread lightly Hercules, I do not wish to slay you in cold blood. I have been exiled before and would gladly be again if it meant I was rid of you.Wow, I know about sibling rivalry but this takes the cake, I don’t think I ever want to be in the middle of these two again, time to change the subject quick.
“Odin said I had a portion of the void’s powers inside of me, how do I find out what they are?”
“Odin?” Ares looked dumbfounded. 
“Yes, Odin.” Herc gasped and his jaw practically hung off, 
“If the all-father lord of Asgard chose to involve himself in your affairs you must be more powerful than we originally thought.” Ares eyes grew wider as he spoke each word, looking at me with fear now rather than anger. “We must find the limit to your power.”
“Ares, he has already said that. The question is how?” not another fight…
“Erm…” Ares thought, his face expressionless as he gazed aimlessly out the window. “The eye of agamotto will be able to show us. We shall hence tonight; find doctor strange and learn the whole truth to your powers.”

We’ve been walking for 5 hours, I could have easily found Strange by now but Ares says I’m to walk with them. One thing these hours have given me though is time to think, with Ares focused on the task and Herc being awkward I’ve been able to process everything that’s gone through my brain this past week or so. Both brothers look uneasy, as if they’re hiding something. Why are they so interested in my powers? God, I wish someone could just take my powers away and say “you’re bob. Go and live your life.” It’s not that easy though, nothing is. Damn it! I’m confused, angry and a little scared. Why can’t this all just STOP!!! 
“ARGH!” Ares jumped back as he drew his axe. Strange? What is he doing here? Did I do this?
“Robert, you called?”
“How did you know I wanted you?”
“I didn’t, until I was transported here by a being of immense power and considering Hercules here gave up his omnipotent power and now he and Ares are just average gods there’s onl-”
“What do you mean AVERAGE?!” oh, come on Herc. This is no time to let pride take over you. “I AM THE LION OF OLYMPUS! FORMER PRINCE OF POWER!”
“And I the god of war. The sons of Zeus give you but one chance to apologize or you shall face the wrath of Olympus, Strange. It is not beneath me to cut you down where you stand.”
“You throw titles in front of me forgetting that I am a master of magic. There is nothing either of you can do that I cannot counter.”
“ENOUGH!!!” Th-that was my voice. But it’s not my words. Sentry? 
I am sorry. They bicker when there is a more important task at hand. 
But why do we need to know our limits? Why can’t we just use what we know and save lives?
 “Yield Robert.” Ares’ face was covered with fear as he tried to put himself in a position of control. 
“You would rather argue about who is mightier than know the power that we hold.”
“Yes, about that” Ares said turning to strange. “We need to see the eye of agamotto.”
“There may be a problem there. I don’t have it.”
“You don’t have it?”
“It disappeared.”
“How can an object of that power and importance simply ‘disappear’?”
“Agamotto.”
The agamotto?”
“Yes.”
“Alright!” I finally shouted, hey it was me again. This is going to take some getting used to. “enough with the arguments. If the eye is gone what’s the fir- The eye is not gone. It is merely shielded from the view of the world. No-one is looking for it therefore no-one is finding it”
“I don’t follow.” Dammit! I can hear it all. Every word but I can’t say anything. Ouch, my body hurts. Nononono, stay away from the darkness bob, stay awak-

Oww. Oww. Oww. EVERYTHING HURTS. I feel like just flown into the moon. “Strange, Richards. He is awake.” 
“Herc? What happened?”
“The sentry channeled his full energy through your body too long, your body couldn’t house that much power at once so you collapsed, there’s no internal or external damage.” Not even Thor is powerful enough that his body can’t keep up. 
“It is okay Robert, I will refer to the books of knowledge and find a way where you can harness your full power.”
“It will have to wait.” Wha-who is that? Well, at least Reed knows him. 
“Ahh,  Dr. James , I’m sorry that your interview for a place in the future foundation had to be put on hold, but saving lives and the welfare of everyone is the point of being a super-hero, yes?”
“It is, but I am not a superhero…”
“Of course you’re a man of scien”
and neither is HE.” A flash, got to shield my eyes, WOAH! Who the hell is he? “Give up the Sentry Richards.”
“Gladiator.” I don’t know who this punk thinks he is but if Reed’s surprised and a little scared then regular folks must be peeing in their pants. I’ve got to take this fight as far away from civilization as possible, just one quick speed blitz should get us to the desert, Now!-- ARGH!!! How did he see me coming? Doesn’t matter right no- WHAT AM I SAYING? Of course it freakin’ matters! This guy’s as strong as me, let’s see if he’s as versatile. Can you say mind rap- Oww! Something’s blocking his brain I can’t get to it. Fly away, see if he chases you. C’mon Bob just a little further, alright, high enough so if either of us falls we won’t cause that much damage, C’mon you little bast- here we go. Brace for impact.

We’ve been fighting for 2 whole hours, Herc’s been trying to help but he can’t do much down on the ground I’m slowly losing this fight I’m not prepared. Who is this guy? Who is he? Can’t fight much longer, got to hold on. Where’s Thor? The Defenders? Steve? ANYBODY?

watch the Gladiator fight continue next chapter in the conclusion of SENTRY: REBIRTH but don't miss SENTRY: GOLDEN GUARDIAN right afterwards!!!
Black_Kn1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Black_Kn1ght

nice work

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CapFanboy
@Black_Kn1ght: why thanks! :)
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator  Online
@CapFanboy:
Hi CapFanboy. I'm back. Great chapter. Can't wait to read Sentry: Golden Guardian after chapter 5 of rebirth. I already posted Freaks episode 41 and Freaks Are Back.
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CapFanboy
@The Impersonator: you're back? YOU'RE BACK!!!! oh, what fun we shall have together!!! I'll check them out straight away!! how was your trip?