Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Sensational Songbird #4

Missed Last Issue? Catch up here

Don't recognise a character? Check out the list of appearances here to catch up

Wreck of the HHC Cadmas, International Waters, Somewhere in the Atlantic

The four Serpent Saucers darted like gnats across the downed hulk of a helicarrier, the immense weight of the giant aerial fortress suspended between numerous large crane platforms that floated on the ocean’s surface. The helicarrier had been shot down during HAMMER’s crackdown on HYDRA and Leviathan extremists, and due to numerous events had been lost but not forgotten when SHIELD retook control of the peace-keeping organisation. And while HAMMER was dead, the organisation’s metaphorical bones bleaching in the sun, the Serpent Society was very much alive, and getting ready to strike.

No Caption Provided

“Viper Lead.” Sidewinder’s voice hissed, as it came across the saucer’s communications system. “SHIELD AA-Guns are in sections Charlie, India, November and X-Ray. Stay out of those sections until I’m finished in the control room.”

“Hurry, the cloaking systems we brought from the Tinkerer won’t last forever.” Cobra hissed backed, as he and his passenger Puff Adder veered left and swung back towards the open ocean. Following suite the next Saucer containing Coachwhip and Death Adder followed suite, as the third and fourth veered right, as if to flank the instillation on the other side. Turning her head back Cascavel looked at the saucer following them, Black Racer at the controls and Bushmaster on the weapons system, before turning to bore her eyes into the back of her own pilot Cottonmouth. This was her initiation exam, a chance for the Serpent Society to see who she really was. Hopefully if Abe had played everything right she wouldn’t have to complete it, and Death Adder would tell her everything she needed to know.

“Viper Lead this is Adder Two,” The feminine voice of Black Mamba announced, “We have secured the control room, commence landing and strafing runs.” She added, the words sending chills into Cascavel’s body, as she looked down the gun sights and fired at the SHIELD dockworkers below, the deck of the Cadmus sparking and hissing with autocannon fire and ringing with rocket strikes. Those few agents stupid enough to try and hold the exposed helicarrier deck returned fire, but they were soon silenced by their airborne enemies. As the last man fell, the saucer’s landed and the serpents dismounted, before being joined by Sidewinder as he teleported onto the deck.

“We must act fast, we are searching for a fragment of the Mappa Mundi, an ancient parchment that charts the location of many ancient sources of power. Our employer want’s it in her hand by the end of the day so move out and let no-one stand in the way. Puff Adder, Cascavel guard the Serpent Saucers, failure to do so will mean forfeiting your share of our fee.” Sidewinder hissed, his words causing Cascavel’s face to scrunch up in disgust about being left behind. Crossing her arms she watched the other members of the society disappear into the hull of the ship, before glowering at Puff Adder, the seasoned serpent reclining against the nearest saucer.

“Don’t you care that they abandoned us out here!!” Cascavel hissed, as she looked around the cranes and the bodies scattered across the ship deck and the platforms.

“Guard duty is important.” Puff Adder grunted, as he clicked his knuckles. “Plus who wants to spend hours in a wave tossed hulk looking for a scrap of paper?” He asked, before answering his own question. “Not me that’s for sure.”

“I’d rather be where the action is.” Cascavel grumbled, as she waited for the perfect opportunity to make her move.

No Caption Provided

Black Mamba heard the door hiss open seconds before she activated her powers, darkness whirling around her and giving her the shape of the new arrivals greatest desire. Spinning around she stared into the darkness, desperately trying to make out the silhouette of the person standing in the doorway.

“Come out and show yourself.” She ordered, her voice changed to that of a man, one who was filled with authority and nobility. It was a voice she recognised, and that caused her to smile. “Oh it’s you.” She announced, as the figure in the doorway shifted slightly and a synthetic diamond slammed into the floor in-front of her, the casing cracking open and belching thick green smoke. Covering her mouth Black Mamba still found herself breathing in the knock out gas as the figure in the doorway moved forward slightly.

“Sorry Black Mamba, you have me confused with someone else.” The figure announced as Mamba instinctively gasped.

“But…you’re meant…to be…” She wheezed, as the demonic looking figure with the horned helmet walked to the control panel and activated the AA Gun Controls.

“Time for Justice to be Served.” The figure stated as it gave the computerised aiming system its target and pressed ‘Fire’.

“Are those meant to be moving?” Cacavel asked, as the AA Guns turned to lock onto the Serpent Saucers. “Oh sh…” She yelled, her words drowned out by the boom of the weapons firing and the sudden detonation of the parked Serpent Saucers, the blast knocking her off her feet. Groaning she got to her feet and saw Puff Adder do the same, his body swelling up as he got ready for combat.

“WHO THE BLOODY HELL DID THAT!!!” He boomed, as a red dot danced across his head unseen.

“Your face…” Cascavel stated, as seconds later a wire shot out from above and electricity surged through the Serpent’s body, his form convulsing before he fell to the floor, his frame smoking as the armoured figure of MACH VII landed on the deck, a woman carried under his arm.

“A little risky blowing those vehicles like that?” Cascavel stated, as the woman dressed in purple unclipped from Abe’s armour and cracked her knuckles.

No Caption Provided

“Wasn’t us.” Abe stated. “Melissa this is Agent Leighton AKA…”

“…Diamondback, yes I thought I recognised her.” Melissa stated as she looked Diamondback up and down. “Not that I’m not grateful but why are you here?”

“The raising of the Cadmus was my project. When Abe suggested to SHIELD that we used it as a lure for the Serpent Society my bosses agreed. And that reminds me holograms off.” She announced, the bodies of the dead SHIELD agents shimmering and disappearing. “We rigged the place to capture Sidewinder and his team, the only way any of them can get off the helicarrier is in handcuffs.”

“We’ll deal with the majority of the serpents.” Abe stated. “You just get Death Adder to talk. It shouldn’t be too hard, this new guy Theodore Scott is a lot more talkative then the original and is much more suggestable too.” He added, as Melissa headed for the hatch the Serpent Society had used to enter the ship.

“Just be careful,” Diamondback called, “these guys don’t take treachery well, trust me,” She added, as Melissa dropped below decks, “I know.”

Undisclosed Location

Lanie sat in-front of the TV, wires connected from the computer to her left up into the device placed over her scalp. On the screen were imaged of Melissa fighting various foes; ranging from the Avengers to Bullseye and Venom. At the back of the room Taskmaster narrowed his eyes, before walking out the door and into the room connecting to the ‘classroom’ as his employer called it.

“Flash Training is having an effect on the kid’s development, Lanie is beginning to show…”

No Caption Provided

“It’s Melissa Gold not Lanie.” A voice from the shadows announced.

“Ah okay, you’re the one paying for all this.” Taskmaster stated. “Still don’t understand why though?”

“Oh I have my reasons.” The figure announced as he stepped forward, the light illuminating his ugly almost inhuman features. “Once she is ready bring her to me.” He ordered. “I may have been deprived the original Songbird, but this girl…when she is complete she will be mine, my own homage to Melissa Gold’s beauty and grace, not to mention the hammer to use against that accursed Sub-Mariner.” The man continued, oblivious to the growing disgust on Taskmaster’s face behind his mask. “Yes my little ‘Songbird’, your destiny is to be the hammer of Dr Lemuel Dorcas”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese
waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@impurestcheese: Nice, new Songbird chapter!

Diamondback used to be Cap's sidekick, right?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@waezi2: She did indeed, she's my second favourite female Marvel Character and currently a SHIELD Agent (albeit one that isn't used that much)

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Very cool! I like where you go with this story, and the characters. Thanks again for always remembering to tag me.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: No problem, always had a thing for the B-Z list characters, and always enjoy giving them a chance to shine

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By stumpy49er

@impurestcheese: hmm.. I almost thought my Scourge theory would be proven. But they were in separate places at the same time..

Ugh! That picture of Dr. Dorcas is so gross.

Glad to see it was holograms that got shot up. Had me wondering for a second there.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@stumpy49er: Yeah the Doctor is quite gross indeed. Like us though he is Songbird obsessed...

Yes they were, Scourge definitely isn't Diamondback, sorry for misleading you there.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers