Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Sensational Songbird #3

Missed Last Issue? Catch up here

Don't recognise a character? Check out the list of appearances here to catch up

Federal Bank, Downtown Washington

Alarms sounded in the bank, as the four figures swaggered out of the vault, massive amounts of cash and valuables held in their hands and slung across their shoulders. Each one of the four were dressed in colourful costumes, each one sneering at the tied up guards and bank staff, as they walked neared the completion of a successful job.

“Too easy.” The only man in the group stated, as he adjusted the dark glasses he was wearing, before pulling down the black and white sleeves of his vest. “The new Serpent Squad is going to own this place.” He added, as the women he was working with him voiced their agreement. “Lancehead, Cascavel,” he spat at the two Hispanic women, “get ready, the cops are going to be on us as soon as we leave the premises.” He added.

“You don’t give orders here California King!” Cascavel hissed, her piercings rubbing against her lips as she charged up the two sonic blasters attached to her wrists, ones that matched the snakeskin leotard and leather pants she wore.

No Caption Provided

“Of course I do, I’m the KING!!” California King hissed, before the doors burst open, the wave of force sending all four of the serpents flying. Looking up the Serpent Squad saw a figured dressed in a mechanised suit of armour with a V and II emblazoned on the chest-plate.

“There is only one king, and you are not him.” The figure announced, as the serpent’s got to their feet, each of them clutching their assorted weapons. “I’m MACH VII and I will be the one arresting you tonight.”

“MACH VII? Is he one of those Thunderbolts?” The woman dressed in hunting leathers asked, as she drew a foot long throwing spear from the quiver slung over her back, only for her teammates to shake their heads. “Avenger? Defender?”

“I heard they were all women.” The last member of the squad hissed in an Australian accent, as she placed her hand on a length of rope attacked to the brown and silver body-stocking she was wearing.

“Taipan is right.” California King snarled, as she flexed his muscles. “This guy is nothing, at least not till we kill him, then everyone will know that the Serpent Squad are A1 bad assess.” He stated, as he and his teammates formed a loose semicircle around MACH VII, each one ready to strike. Fingers on internal firing triggers the armoured hero narrowed his eyes, before catching a slight hint of movement off to the right and fired, mercy rounds slashing towards Taipan as she threw her rope at him, the end looping around his left arm, as she fell to the floor due to the incoming hail of bullets.

“Next?” MACH VII stated, as California King raced towards him and threw a punch at the armoured hero’s visor, only for his fist to be intercepted and bent back until the bones in his arms clicked. Not wasting anytime Lancehead came dashing in, a spear ready to impale the hero, but like her comrades before her, she was easily dealt with, as MACH VII used his free hand, grabbed the spear and flung her over his shoulder.

“You may have dealt with them!” Cascavel hissed, her words drowned out by the whine of her wrist mounted sonic blasters. Not even flinching MACH VII looked at her, and shook his head, before opening fire with his own weapons, the mercy rounds scything through the air towards his scantily dressed foe, who to her credit leapt to the right, avoiding the incoming bullets. Re-aiming MACH VII felt his left arm click, the armour plating whining in protest as Taipan, now recovered pulled on her rope, leaving the pilot in the suit open to attack. One that came from both in-front and behind, as California King and Lancehead dived towards their attacker, metal spears heads and fist slamming into the chest-plate.

“Ain’t nothing personal.” California King grunted, as Cascavel powered up her blasters once again and opened fire, the wave of sound hitting the MACH VII armour, before seconds later the joints froze and the lights all went out. Surprised the four serpents stood there for a few seconds, their mouths agape at what they had done, before three of their number crowded around the downed hero, malicious looks on their faces.

“Let’s crack this tin open.” Taipan hissed, as Lancehead slid a spear into the neck brace and begun to lever the helmet off. “Like you said King, this will make our rep ten times what it was when we came busted in here.”

No Caption Provided

“Are you crazy?!” Cascavel hissed, as she picked up her loot and headed for the door. “He’ll reboot in seconds, better to take our winnings and hit the road.” She stated, not realising that now there were six figures in the room, at least not before the newcomer cleared his throat causing all four snakes to spin round in shock to glare at the man in a red scaled body suit, a finned ruff around his neck.

“May I congratulate you on your progress so far?” The newcomer stated. “My name is Sidewinder, patron of the Serpent Society, you four have been most interesting to me and my partners.” He hissed, as MACH VII’s suit began to whine and whir as it rebooted. “We are currently looking to expand, and would dearly like to add your talents to our already substantial pool.”

“Sorry grandpa!!” California King snarled, as he took a few menacing steps towards Sidewinder. “We don’t need you or anything you can offer.”

“Speak for yourself!” Cascavel replied as she ran over to Sidewinder. “This is the chance of a lifetime!!” She snapped, as she took the veteran villain’s hand, before he teleported away with her in a flash of red light.

“Idiot, when we tell people this you won’t be in the story!!” California King snorted, as he felt something cold rest on the back of his head.

“Yeah if she’s an idiot that means there isn’t a word to describe how stupid you are.” MACH VII announced, as the three serpents tensed up at his sudden recovery. “You are all under arrest.”

Laurence Harbor, New Jersey, Three Weeks Earlier

Melissa Gold sat in the ruined workshop and frowned, as she watched her former teammate hobble out of the kitchen on the crutches he was now forced to use. Letting himself down slowly, Abner Jenkins glanced at the loading screen connected to his MACH VII armour, before looking at the device sitting next to it.

“You are so lucky I still have some influence with the CSA!!” Abe spat, as he glowered at Melissa, “You were caught trespassing on private property not to mention that you tried to assault a man there.”

No Caption Provided

“Not a man, a snake. I followed Death Adder and Coachwhip on their Serpent Saucer back to Sidewinder’s brownstone in Boston, but I couldn’t make him talk before the police intervened.” Melissa replied coldly, “He’s lucky I didn’t have more time to make him talk. If Taskmaster has hurt Lanie, then I will do to him and his collaborators what was down to her!!”

“Listen to yourself Mel.” Abe pleaded, as the loading bar stalled. “You are talking about risking everything, even your chance to be an Avenger.” He stated, as Melissa narrowed her eyes. “Yeah Clint told me about that, although right now you don’t deserve it, not with what you are trying to pull.”

“So what I should let Lannie be tortured by whoever Taskmaster sold her too?!” Melissa screeched, the entire room shaking at the sound of her anger. “Because I’m not okay with…”

“…Neither am I!”” Abe interrupted, his voice surprisingly loud. “But there are better ways, ones that can help more than just you and Lanie.” He added, as he gestured towards the device next to his armor. “Hank Pym and Hank McCoy gave me that after I told them about the Serpent Society reforming, it’s coded to change the genetics of one person. When I met you at the hospital after Killer Shrike’s ambush I knew I could use it to help you if Death Adder went to ground. It’s just a shame that you decided to smash your way in when I had a key. I even had Potter come up with a costume and everything…”

“Wait you what?” Melissa asked, as she looked at the device. “I don’t understand…” She stated, as Abe removed a syringe and offered it to her. Gingerly she injected the needle into her arm, her body instantly shaking as her hair and skin darkened, her eyes went from forest green to a dark hazel and her body became even skinnier. “Who am I?” She asked, before realizing her voice had changed, just as Abe cocked his head, before checking that his amour had finished loading the new piece of software.

“You are Rosa Jimenez, born in Caracas, Venezuela.” Abe stated, as an image of Melissa’s new body appeared from the MACH VII amour’s holographic projectors. “Small time thief, at least until she came to America to make it to the big time. She also possess advanced weaponry stolen from an AIM depot in her homeland.” He added, as he gestured to the schematics of the rattle like bracelets being analyzed by the amour, the data being transferred to the 3D printer in the corner.

“But she also goes by the name…” Melissa begun.

No Caption Provided

Volkner Mansion, Boston, The Present

“…Cascavel or the Neotropical Rattlesnake.” Sidewinder announced to the horde of snake themed mercenaries standing before the stage where he, Cascavel and the King Cobra stood. “She will make a nice addition to our organization.” He added, as he shot a reptilian smile to all assembled before him. “While our power has waned in the past, we have returned and our strength will not be denied, not even by our rivals and enemies, not even the Avengers.”

Looking around Melissa locked eyes on the feral looking form of Death Adder sitting at the back of the room between Puff Adder and Coachwhip before smiling. “I’m in.” She whispered, her voice disguised by the genetic mask Abe had acquired. “Now there’s nowhere to hide." She added, her words hissing like a snake ready to strike.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've had it with these mothertrucking snakes in this mothertrucking thread.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oooooooh! Nice set up, and I love the way you wrote this, leaving it to the end to reveal what Melissa and Abe did to get her in. So cool.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@ms-lola: Thanks, expect more serpent shenanigans (on the fan-fic board) very soon

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

BUMP!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese
dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Haven't read this one yet. I didn't want it to get lost in the backpages before I caught up.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImpurestCheese
dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dngn4774
stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@impurestcheese: Nice twist. Abe got a good co-starring role in this.

I liked the original snake villains you came up with for this.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@stumpy49er: He had indeed, a lot of what has gone into this comes from ideas I had about a fanfic piece called 'The Sensational Songbird and Magnificent MACH IV' which never got written.

As for the snakes, well I had some ideas for them too

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers