Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By HumanX
No Caption Provided

Ch01

This fiction will be rated FR21 just incase. We've got ripped open chests, potty mouths and sexual content (0o0) so readers discretion is advised.

Many of the characters seen are HumanX adaptations of characters from the various DC Comics animated series. HumanX holds no rights to characters such as Red X and Johnny Rancid.

And now on with the story.

Oscura City, a crime infested filth in which only the hunters and prey can call home. There is no right or wrong on the streets of this city. Politicians are doing the dizzy with common criminals…hehehe. Sex joke. Convicted rapists go free within minutes of the judge slamming down his cute little mallet as if it means s#!+ when it's just a countdown until that guy goes back to his job as a fracking daycare supervisor. This place is the closest thing to hell one can find. Here even an act of malice, an unjustified lashing out from a mentally disturbed and often frantic lunatic can be seen as a blessing. Here there are very few who are innocent. After all we are only human. It's perfect.

I've been tracking down the local organized crime, if you can call it organized. There is a large organization trafficking Xenothium drugs called the Depraved. They have their reasons for doing what they do. Money, power, a sense of self worth, protection but they are mostly out for the same thing I am. A little excitement. That's why I do this. I'm not in it for truth or justice, but an adrenaline rush. I track down a small group of the Depraved who are jumping from rooftop to rooftop. They always overdose on Xenothium drugs. It's how they get a kick and how they do their jobs. Tonight's group seems to have all gained heightened human abilities. They backflip over alleyways and swing off of anything sticking out of the buildings. Just some overhyped teenagers on a job in a bad city.

I start off with a smoke bomb and the idiots start running like little pansies.

"Howzit goin' a$$ nuggets!?" I call out to the paranoid druggies as I tackle one of them off of the roof and into a garbage bin bellow.

"The hell is that!?" One of them calls out.

"It's Red X!" Another of them whips a gun from his pocket. "He's been taking down our guys one by one!"

"That's right moron!" I take down the one with the gun.

"Dude! Dude! If you come near me I'll jump." The last one backs up towards the edge of the roof. "I'll f^%*ing do it!"

"Go ahead." I call out to him as I walk out from the smoke so he can see me. "I don't really care if you live or die." He backs up a little too far and falls off of the roof, landing on a pile of cardboard that was stacked up in the alley. What a dumb a$$.

Anyway, my name is Alex Arkham. I'm an unstable nut bag who happens to have a thing for anime and comics. I'm also a genius, like L and Kira mixed into one. Maybe a little Near but no Mello. I do like chocolate but I'm not sure I could handle pants that tight. Anyway, this is a little before the story you probably finished reading by now. That's the one where I kicked Batman's leather touchy all over Gotham. I'm in the first of my two years of training hours before I can fully graduate in psychiatry. I'm the youngest person to graduate and get my psychiatry PHD so that's gotta look good on a resumé.

As for my suit, I thought the identity up while watching some cartoons from the 90's. I don't want to leave any large paper trails behind right now so my tech is pretty limited. Gotta keep the cops off my a$$ until I get a foothold on this secret identity thing. I mostly have a couple of guns I've spray painted black and some red shuriken but it's more than enough for common criminals and those Depraved morons. I was going for a bada$$ biker/grimm reaper look to my suit. It's pretty much just leather biker gear with a red X painted on the chest and a hooded cape. I did find a ski mask and a skull from some halloween costume. I really wanted to make a big scythe too but that's not really functional. I mean, where would I keep it. I do the whole utility belt thing too, just to be a copy cat.

Because of my scholastic history I could get a job anywhere so I decide to take one that wont miss me if I end up gone every now and then. The one I choose is called Reincrest psychiatric institute. It's one bus ride from where I live and it's pretty tame for a place like this in a town that resembles hell's armpit. That's actually where I was coming from when I met someone who would be a big player in my life.

It was a chance meeting, completely by accident. I always take the train around the same time after work and tonight is no different. I work a lot of shifts that get out at night since crime in the day is boring and it's no fun when you don't have the extra "Am I gonna loos him" feeling. How was I supposed to know at the time that the girl who had to stay at school late that day would be so useful to me later on.

She walks in through the door of the train, like any other person. I wouldn't have known she was late or that she was the single heiress to a multimillion dollar fortune. She's a seventeen year old blonde with her hair cut around shoulder length. Her hair is dyed. I can see the darker portions growing in at the root, where the colours begun to fade. If it weren't for that one wouldn't notice. That's how I know she has money, if she can waste it on the high class products it would take to get hair that naturally blonde looking. The other sign is in the clothing she's wearing. You usually wouldn't notice with the prep school uniform on but I can see an expensive pendant around her neck and a jewelled bracelet on her wrist. Both of which are out of range for a girl with a reasonable allowance.

I notice the guys across the train point in her direction and snicker to themselves. I can see a half empty bottle of beer in two of the guy hands as they begin to push each other around playfully and make gestures. I understand the signs immediately. These guys are your classic teenage scum buckets. I can see these guys in a line up for who knows what some day simply because they thought it would be cool. I know I'm only twenty right now but I already hate teenagers.

The girl seems exhausted and bumps into me. She drops her bag on the floor and the contents spill out.

"Sorry abut that." She tells me as I bend down and help her pick up the strewn books.

"No problem." I say with a smile and pass her her books. I notice something I can use. "Is that Overman?" I ask as I point to a comic with a caped superhero on the cover.

"Y-Yeah." She stutters and takes the book back from me. "I'm a comic book fan."

"Me too." No bulls#!+ting. I lucked out on this one. I don't even have to make up a lie. "Isn't that the one where he fight Dax Dillon for the first time?"

"Yeah." She's getting into it now. So easy. "It's a classic so I had to go through a ton of stores to find it."

"They came out with a collectors edition with some artist notes in it."

"You're kidding me."

"Just yesterday."

"That sucks." I notice she starts to play with her hair.

I glance over to the guys across from us and as I expected, they are watching me pretty close.

"Don't you hate how they do that?" The girl asks me. "As soon as you go out and buy something like a season box set or something they come out with the complete series."

"That's why, when it comes to DVD's, I only buy complete series. Unless they have the entire collection online. Then I just make sure I have some free cash for the rest coming in soon."

The doors open as we make it to her stop.

"My name's Charlotte, by the way." She tells me as she scribbles on a piece of paper she ripped from one of her note books. "Call me sometime." She hands me the paper and walks out the door. The guys from before fallow after her, just as planned. I get off on the other side of the sub way and disappear into the crowd.

Charlotte notices the guys fallowing her a bit too late. She's been trailed from the station to this dark residential area. Two of the guys circle around her and cut her off from the front while the other three continue fallowing her from the back. She's trapped when the two from the front come in. I'm watching from on top of one of the roofs. Charlotte backs away from the men surrounding her and ends up with her back against a wall. The men close in towards her and one of them grabs her by the arm.

"You're going to regret this." She says with a smile. The guys around her laugh as one of them reaches out for her chest. She sighs before pulling straight down on the arm around her shoulder, tossing the man into the one going for her boobs. They fall to the ground and hit hard. Charlotte spins around and kicks the nearest one to her in the face, knocking him off balance and to the concrete. The two on the ground stand back up and she still has the other two who are untouched to finish off. They pull out guns and she suddenly realizes her predicament isn't as comfortable as she would like.

"Alrighty!" I call out from the shadows. "I think this has gone on long enough."

The attackers look around for who the voice belongs too. I drop a line around one of their necks and he is yanked into the air. His friends start shooting but only hit the lamp post I attached the rope too. The group together like nervous rats.

"Awe, look at you." I taunt them as I set up my next trap. "You're all so cute, cuddled together like that."

Another line tightens around two of their feet and drag them into the darkness. All the remaining two can hear is the screams of their friends.

"I'm out of here man." One of them takes off, falling on his face in his urgency to escape. As soon as he's out of sight he screams out and is silenced.

The last one runs over the Charlotte and grabs her by the neck, placing his gun to her head.

"Come out of hiding you chicken s#!+!" He screams as he presses the weapon to her temple. Charlotte flips him over her shoulder before he can fire and knocks him out with a direct punch to the face.

I toss one of my red shuriken, as a signature. She picks it up and smiles.

"It seems like you're always watching out for me." She smiles and places the shuriken in her pocket before walking off while humming a tune that, to me, is both familiar and far away.

I look down at my belt, which is running low. "Guess I need a tune up."

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mechanical_Ape

Very nice first chapter. I've always liked Red X, so I'll definitely be following along.

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By StarKiller809

That was really good. I have never read anything about Red X but he seems cool.
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By The Impersonator
@HumanX: Great new chapter of the Red X saga. I liked the way you mentioned anime/manga references. I watched Death Note though. Loved that show.