Psycho of the Mines: The Inheritance

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

This story was inspired by a vignette from an American slasher film.

====

In a small mining town in America, there were rumors that people who went drinking on Friday nights around the main mine were disappearing.

Community members asked the police to investigate but no leads turned up. One night, a group of teenagers who were loitering around the mine thought they heard moans and wails coming from inside the mine. The teenagers reported that it sounded like a male ghost or haunted person, not necessarily crying out for help but not necessarily looking for company either.

This report circulated quickly, and the new rumor was that the mine was haunted.

A young man named Jason decided to investigate. On a certain Saturday night, Jason packed a shotgun, a powerful flashlight, and a backpack of supplies and decided to camp out in the mine.

As the night proceeded on and Jason was waiting patiently in the mine for signs, he started to hear the moans and groans people had been reporting. He started walking around the mine. He walked all over the various labyrinths the town miners had dug to do their work.

Jason discovered a mass pile of human bodies and he recognized some of them as the Friday night revelers rumored to have gone missing.

Jason quickly turned around to see a tall man, armed with a pick-axe and wearing a gas mask. He started running away from this man whom he suspected as the mysterious figure and obvious killer of the people in the mine.

The pick-axe psycho was still chasing Jason, so Jason decided to turn around and take shots at him with his shotgun. He hit the psycho twice, once in the leg and once in the arm. The psycho dropped his pick-axe and fell to the ground.

Jason unmasked the psycho and discovered him to be a 30ish Caucasian male. He asked him, "Who are you? Why did you do this?" to which the man replied, "No one appreciates the labor involved with mining. Now, with these killing of loiterers, no one will forget the sacred work of the miners. My father was killed in a mining accident, because the town fathers decided not to fund adequate mining equipment. I became an avenger, but now my work is done, and I've fallen."

Jason was shocked and said, "That's a terrible story, but we need to get you to the hospital and then to the authorities."

The fallen man said, "Let me die here. No one will remember me. However, I have a special challenge for you. Will you take up the reins and become the new mine avenger? You can do it, if you have the ability and desire to do what no one is willing to do."

Jason replied, "I have to admit, it's a challenge that intrigues me. I'll do it. I guess you and I are not that different."

The man said, "Excellent. What's your name?" to which Jason replied with a creepy grin, "Jason Voorhees."

No Caption Provided