Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 59- Kane's Legacy, Part 4

I went to the general's main office to ask some questions about my old partner. I'm startin' to recall things that happened in my life. Even though it was blurry, there are things which doesn't seem fit to me. I needed to know everythin' about Kane no matter what the consequences are. Because I can deal with those consequences at any time soon. I came to the general's office room where he was sittin' at his old desk as usual. He was talkin' to some guy on the phone. I could tell that he was very busy all the time. No wonder Heather couldn't keep up with him. But she felt kinda bad involvin' herself in the love affair situation. She did love me more than anyone in the world. I neva had these kinda feelings before. I'm beginnin' to think that I'm becomin' human nowadays.

The general took a slight notice of myself while I stood in front of him. He was a man of hidden secrets which no other person would know about. He also might have shared his personal matters with the young kid named Joe Daniels. Yea, the kid with strong attitude as much as a tough soldier. He did play well as the tough soldier back on those days. It wasn't pretty then since I used to be like that kinda person. I looked at the general's face as he notices that something had just came up. He put the phone down and stared at myself for a moment. A man of patience, I would say the least.

"Logan. What brings you here?"

"I need some answers....sir."

"You really don't have to say that."

"I know. But I need to know more information about Kane."

"Look Logan. I can't share this secret with you."

"You're secretly workin' with Kane. Right?"

"What makes you say that?"

"Because I can tell you're lyin'."

General Hudson didn't say a word at that moment. He neva wanted to reveal anythin' of what's goin' on with Kane. He knows something which I don't. I can smell the burnin' coal from his heart and soul. He got up from his seat and walked towards the window. The general placed his hands towards his back. I waited for him to reply my answer. I wonder if he was really goin' to tell me. Otherwise, it would have been a waste of time comin' to his d@mn office.

"You really want to know, Logan?"

"Sure I do. Why else would I come here?"

The general still take the notice on my face. He was lookin' outside as if though he noticed somethin' goin' on. A man who received a lot of medals in those war times. I neva had the medals of honor but I was a hero savin' innocent lives back then. I always had the opportunity to do somethin' good for my country. Even helpin' the Americans to fight Germany and end the Hitler's reign. Now, that time was over and here I am still lookin' for answers right out of the general's skull. This would neva mean a reference to the Red Skull whom I and the late Cap fought with. The Red Skull was a tough enemy to deal with. It seems that the great military men these days have to endure the casualties of war. I understood where that comes from. Because I was there all along and doin' my best d@mn job that I ever could. I have already proven my skills to General Hudson. I just hope that he gives me some answers that I'm lookin' for.

"Hmmmm....Alright. I'll tell you. But you shouldn't mention this secret to anyone. Not even Heather."

I understood what the general said about not bein' able to reveal this secret. It might be the only ticket to regain my lost memories. Ever since I came to this place, I seeked out Heather's help so that my memories could be recovered anytime soon. But that time will only tell once I get all of them. It may not be a matter of time until I get those memories back. But it's sure worth it. Even if it means a horrible past, which I also had to endure.

"It happened a long time ago when Kane was found dead. We assume that there is a way to bring him back to life."

"I see. So he was a dead duck all along."

"Yes. But the only problem is how can we bring such a talented mercenary from the dead. That's why we needed some of our top scientists to do the work."

"What kind of work?"

"I don't have the exact details. The higher-ups of the American and the Canadian government only knows that answer. However, I could tell you how they were able to revive Kane."

"How did he die?"

"I heard that Kane was killed in the deep submarine. But you may not recall since you were really there."

"What? I....was?"

"That's right, Logan," Kane said as he appeared out of nowhere. He stood as though as if he were a ghost. But not even entirely. He was already dead and later got resurrected as a cyborg. I wonder how he got his precious memories back. He stood firm as a tough soldier and luckily surprised myself.

"Kane....What are you doin' here?"

"I came here to speak with the general. I'm sorry for the intrusion, sir."

"That's alright," said the general who was still standin' besides the window. I guess he was okay with Kane teleportin' to his office. But Kane was equipped with his stealth technology rather than teleportin'. I neva knew that Kane was standin' at this office for a long time.

"What's the meanin' of this, Kane?"

"I don't think it's time to know the answers."

"Why not?"

"It's more complicated than you think, Logan."

When I was about to ask more questions, Kane suddenly turned on his stealth gear while one of the general's men came barged right through the office. He was a young soldier and havin' trouble breathin' as if he had seen somethin' very bad.

"Sir...I.....I have some bad news."

"Just relax and spill it," the general said with calm and patience. The kid stops pantin' and later says that Sarah had escaped from her cell. I neva would have guessed that female Morlock would do such a thing at this time. Even when I tried to get the answers from the general.

"What? What do you mean she escaped? How?" asked the general who suddenly became angry at the kid. The kid became a little bit scared of the fact that the general might do somethin' to him. But the kid was tellin' the truth since I can smell him.

"I'm afraid it's true, sir. For some reason, she was able to recall her past."

"How did you know?"

"Sir....she told me."

The general look astonished and neva knew that Sarah would able to recall her lost memory in a short amount of time. I'm guessin' she had that same nightmare again. It happened everytime once in a while and somehow she knew it was all real.

"What else did she tell you?" the general asked again just to see if the kid knows more information about the Morlock's whereabouts.

"She knows who killed her family, sir."

"Who?"

"Some group of bad mercs called the.....Marauders."

To be continued in Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 60- Marauders, Part 1.

WTF? The Marauders? Sarah is going to go after them? Man, things are really get heated up here. What will Logan do this time since he heard of her escape? I'm guessing this is another search for Logan. The Kane's Legacy arc is over and now comes the....MARAUDERS! I bet ya anythin' the next mission is gonna be pretty violent. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.