Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 46- Sessions

I was lying in the hospital bed for like eight hours. My body was shakin' a little bit at the moment. But I guess it was some kind of nightmare that sprang out of the movie theatre. I was back at Department H alright. Although, Department H is a very large buildin', it had the hospital section. It looked like I was at the general hospital. I know this hospital kinda ain't the separate place.

The door opened and Dr. Heather calmly walked inside the patient room. I don't know when I got shut out of the darkness. But the lady doctor said that I would be alright at this moment. She was wearin' the white coat as usual. I neva seen her in the civilian clothes. Maybe, she wear those clothes when goin' outside for a walk or meetin' some new people.

"How are you feeling?" asked the doctor who looked beautiful as always. She had that straight hair where you can see from lying on the bedside. She also used to change her hairstyle once in a while. I would neva thought of her before. Until, I was awakened from the longest sleep. She held my hairy hand to see if I was really fine.

"Yea...I'm fine," I said and neva want to speak of the wildest things that happened yesterday. It was a tough ride which I could neva have imagined. Heather was always there for me. Even when I'm in pain or being possessed by some d@Mn thing. I asked her about my other team-mates. She said they're in a state of shock after they had a brutal encounter with the unknown thing. I guess we failed the mission that the general spoke of. He must be very mad about it. Because sometimes, you don't take things seriously. We took the mission seriously, indeed. But we neva expect the unknown like as if we had seen it before. The unknown thing always come up to my mind. I tried to figure it out the true nature of this...thing. It seems that this thing can enter our minds and make us see things that aren't there. I was wonderin' if Psi-Borg was causin' all this $h!t. Unfortunately, he wasn't there and I thought I would meet him along the way.

"Have you eaten yet?" Heather asked if I had the eaten the food which the nurse gave me. I didn't feel hungry at all. Since I had a hard time with the mission. Oh boy!

"I didn't feel like eatin', Heather. It's just that all this freaky stuff that's goin' on with me."

"It wasn't just you, Logan. It also happened to rest of the Team X."

"Yea, you're right about it. I guess...I didn't pay much attention to anyone. I mean....Oh man...What am I sayin'?"

"It's ok, Logan. You just needed some rest."

"Heather...Do you believe me? I mean us. What we actually saw?"

"Hmmmm. I don't know what to believe. I can only say this. Due to the traumatic past, people can imagine things. Such like Chris for example. He kept saying that he got beaten by his father."

"Yea, I read the reports on the kid."

"Yes. Chris got hit by his father's belt like nine times. Then Chris would say that his father gets drunk all the time and blaming his own son."

"For what?"

"Chris' mother left them."

"I see."

"I'm guessing that the mother have found out about Chris' true nature. You know how it is. Some people can't be accepted who they are."

"So his Dad blamed and beat him up just because she left? Man, I should have known more info about this kid. The reports didn't say anythin' about it."

"Well...it's kind of a secret family history."

"Have you ever had a family history before?"

"No. Not much. Why do you ask?"

"I was just gettin' to know you better."

Heather didn't say anythin' first. But she showed a slight smile on her face. I don't know if I was actually hittin' on her. But I doubt she would want that.

"So Logan. Were you able to recall what happened since yesterday?"

"I do remember some parts of it. My mind get fuzzy all the time. Even if it's just one day. That d@mn thing screwed my head."

"Maybe, you should calm yourself."

"I know. I tried that."

"Logan, I was thinking....that we should have a therapy session."

"A therapy session?"

"I want to see if your mind is well enough adjusted to the things that are happening now."

"I see. I guess you were worried about me."

"You could say that. But I'm willing to look out for your team-mates too."

I had a feeling that she might cared about myself a lot. The fact is that she might cheat on her husband at this moment. But I wouldn't say it's cheatin'. This is somethin' that Heather was good at helpin' with the patient's mind.

"Ok Heather. But I hope your...therapy works. Sometimes, I might go out of control. You may neva know."

"Don't worry, Logan. I'm always...here for you."

I knew the romantic look on her face. It must be she had strong feelings for me. To tell ya the truth, she neva had much time with her hubby. Because they were really busy at their own thing. Yea, sometimes you have to realize that work always comes in your way. You may also neva have time to have fun with your kids.

The next day, I was the first person bein' brought into a small room. This room was used to test the psychological trauma of the patients whom they had problems before. I ain't some like a crazy patient who goes wild all the time. The thing is that my animal side might come out any time soon. I learned it to control my instincts. But I don't quite recall the person who taught myself this lesson.

Heather was with me while I was lyin' straight on the bed chair. She told myself to relax a bit before we started a session. I asked her about the other Team X patients. She said they're currently goin' through sessions in different rooms. I thought Heather was the only person who would examine their psychological matter. But there were other psychologists or psychiatrists involved in the sessions. Heather also has some kinda speaker so that if any other psychologist needs help, she's there. She's a tough lady, alright.

"Let's get started."

"I'm with you, lady."

She still smiled when I said like that. However, she doesn't seem to think that I was fallin' in love with her. It's kinda true if ya ask me. I understand she's married and all. But what ya gonna do about it. I mean...you're goin' to have a therapy session with a beautiful lady.

She told myself to close my eyes and calm my instincts down a bit. I neva felt this peaceful in my whole life. There were no sounds of anger, violence, and destruction. I also can't hear the deep voices inside my head. Heather must be a d@mn good psychologist here. She knows how to handle things with the human mind. But I ain't sure about mutants though. Maybe, this is different for her. You could say it's a challenge to deal with the mind of a mutant animal like me. I sure hope I don't go through the rage durin' the session.

"Logan...listen carefully. I want you to relax as much as you can. If you want to stop this, just tell me."

"Ok...I will."

"Take a deep breath and relax. In and out."

I find this therapy session not quite as usual as I had before. It was like a calm sleep where no one has to disturb ya or anythin' like it. It was...great.

"Now Logan. I want you to remember what actually happened two days ago. What did you see?"

"I see...."

I was about to say it. But I don't think I can remember what took place in the old and abandoned Project X facility. It was very dark and cold. I can tell you that it ain't pretty.

I recall that I saw a person tryin' to call out to me. At first, I wasn't sure that the young Victor in my day, would be that person. But it didn't even sounded like him. It was that b@$t@rd cyborg who used to torture my freakin' mind off.

"Logan....You have come."

"You piece of $h!t. I knew it would have been ya all along."

"You don't understand, Logan. I'm not the one who created such delusional persona."

"Don't f*ckin' lie to me. I know pretty much about ya. You won't play mind tricks again this time."

"I see. So you haven't trusted me in the past years. I knew you wouldn't. But I had to do watch over you."

"Why?"

"I can't tell you. But I can only tell you this. I wasn't the one who caused this mind damage to you and your new members of Team X."

"You knew about them?"

"Of course I knew. I'm telepathic for God's sake."

"Yea. You're right about it. Because I can bet you anythin' that you must have read our deepest fears. And here you are. F*ckin' alive and well."

"You still don't trust me. Do you?"

"Why the h*ll should I trust a f*ckin' cyborg like ya? Eh?"

"Look Logan. We can't argue like this much longer."

"Where are we...Aldo?"

"The name's Psi-Borg."

"Yea, whateva. Tell me. What is this place?"

"You're in my mind, Logan. It's a telepathic communication. It's like a mind link between two people at once."

"A very powerful telepath indeed. You sure gotta a lot of tricks up your sleeve."

"I do. But you have to listen. We can't argue. COUGH! COUGH!"

"What's the matter with ya? Why you're coughin'?"

"Because....I'm dying."

To be continued in Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 47- No Way Out.

What? Psi-Borg is dying? But from what? Is it the cause of the unknown being? Or was it the past healin' factor experiment that Psi-Borg went through? Find out in the next mysterious chapter of Wolverine. Don't ever play tricks on my foot, bub. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.